Solskjær sack watch | 2019/20 edition

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
He won't be sacked till February earliest as we're getting Haaland in January.

devilish

Sack him now, two weeks of Carrick and a new big name manager in January. Get some results, buy one player, if that. Things start going to shit again closer to spring with threads like "Ole wasn't wrong after all" and "It wasn't the manager, wasn't it" popping up. The "preparing to make a bid" phase for a few players in the summer with us here tracking flights , end up with two new signings in August. Compared to what we how now, start next season with two or three new players in the starting eleven but mostly the same dross. "Sack the manager?" poll on here by this time next year. Wish the board had a plan and a vision, a sense of identity instead of being reactionary lot of cnuts.
Mckenna and him replaced Faria, our performances nosedived and Mourinho got sacked. Then they were implemented in Ole's team and its a disaster as well. Now you're suggesting that Carrick becomes our temp manager. Jeez this guy is probably the luckiest man alive. He just sits at the game, scratching his chin and looking clueless and voila, he keeps getting promotions.

manc4red

I honestly can not see ole getting sacked this season. I believe the earliest will be the summer. The reason for this is that his two victories over Spurs and City have bought him time that 1) the players are good enough 2) he needs time to implement his gameplan and assert himself.

Woodward knows that whoever he brings in to replace Ole (and this time it will be someone with lots of street cred) will ask for a substantial transfer budget. Ole also has kept his head down for the most part and did not publicly question Woodward

Summer at the earliest. If we finish top 6 somehow. I see Ole staying for next season as well

klsv

Mckenna and him replaced Faria, our performances nosedived and Mourinho got sacked. Then they were implemented in Ole's team and its a disaster as well. Now you're suggesting that Carrick becomes our temp manager. Jeez this guy is probably the luckiest man alive. He just sits at the game, scratching his chin and looking clueless and voila, he keeps getting promotions.
That is not at all what I was saying.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Even before Ole was given the full time job, there were people on the Guardian podcast suggesting that Carrick was being groomed as the long term successor whether or not Ole gets the job.

devilish

That is not at all what I was saying.
Look it simple here. Why should Carrick get the temporary managerial role? Phelan has far more experience same as Nicky Butt, both of which are at the club. I dare to say that I prefer we keep Ole till the last moment and then bring the new manager in. Actually I don't mind if we keep Ole as a director (not a DOF but more in the same role Nedved has at Juve) and Phelan as a reserve manager, ready to step in as temp manager whenever we need him to.

Alabaster Codify7

Even before Ole was given the full time job, there were people on the Guardian podcast suggesting that Carrick was being groomed as the long term successor whether or not Ole gets the job.

Jesus wept.

New owners would rip the guts out of this club, some posters would think that's a negative, but it's really, really not.

The entire coaching staff needs to go and replaced with a fresh, modernised crew and this football club needs to enter 2020 and stop glancing lovingly over its shoulder at former players and past glories.

soapythecat

Today’s result won’t make any difference in the grand scheme of things. Ole is here until next season to continue the build.
I’ve just come in this thread to post as we drop points when I don’t.

I want Ole replaced every time we have a bad result because after a year it’s not good enough, but don’t get me wrong, before the start of every game I want him to shove my words right up my arse and win big, before going on a massive run of form and proving me completely wrong.

SirAF

Ageist
I refuse to believe that, but fecking hell! Just the idea is grim.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Imagine Carrick as your manager! He always seems to have the animation and personality of a brush to me.

devilish

How did that work out for you?
Haaland is Norwegian, his father played with Ole and Ole coached the lad. Ole also went to Salsburg to talk to him. Can you blame me for believing that he would be able to sell him his project?

vanderpants

Haaland is Norwegian, his father played with Ole and Ole coached the lad. Ole also went to Salsburg to talk to him. Can you blame me for believing that he would be able to sell him his project?
I wouldn't believe anything as long as woodward is involved in any transfer dealings

RedPed

Whatabouter.
You was selling it as fact though to be fair. The only time Ole will get sacked is if we achieve Arsenal level of shitness. That ain't gonna happen. We're arguably on a par with Spurs and Chelsea. There's no reason to assume that Ole would be the first to vacate his position out of those clubs so you can rule out February as well.

devilish

You was selling it as fact though to be fair. The only time Ole will get sacked is if we achieve Arsenal level of shitness. That ain't gonna happen. We're arguably on a par with Spurs and Chelsea. There's no reason to assume that Ole would be the first to vacate his position out of those clubs so you can rule out February as well.
Cause I thought the deal was done and dusted. I thought ole could persuade his former player and his former team mate's son to sign. My apologies for overrating our manager's art of persuasion

soapythecat

I always thought he’d get until the end of the season but I feel the potential for finishing 5th providing a CL slot, it may change it all.
Deafest against Chelsea tomorrow and the club will be nervous. Arsenal, Spurs, Sheffield Utd are all picking up points whilst our draws are starting to take their toll.
I don’t see him still in charge come March - unless he picked up some wins this next few games.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I think it's highly unlikely he won't see out the season. Just hope once the season is finished the club will announce a change of structure and a top class manager coming in too - wishful thinking of course.

hobbers

If we'd brought Poch in around Christmas, regardless of the fact he's leagues above Ole in terms of managerial ability and coaching, just the new manager bounce alone would have given us a huge chance to finish top 5. Replacing Ole with just about any other exciting young manager would have probably given us CL next season (assuming City's ban sticks). Even the likes of Eddie Howe would probably have had us there.

Too late for all that now though. Ole will get at least until the end of the season to take us to 7th, 8th or 9th.

Alabaster Codify7

I think he'll be allowed to finish the season but I reckon he'll be told next month he's gone in the summer. We're about to enter another quagmire of poor results, but I think he'll scrape through against Bruges over two legs and that will be good enough for a few weeks. I think we're gonna be around 13th in the league by the end of March and enough will be enough.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
If we'd brought Poch in around Christmas, regardless of the fact he's leagues above Ole in terms of managerial ability and coaching, just the new manager bounce alone would have given us a huge chance to finish top 5. Replacing Ole with just about any other exciting young manager would have probably given us CL next season (assuming City's ban sticks). Even the likes of Eddie Howe would probably have had us there.

Too late for all that now though. Ole will get at least until the end of the season to take us to 7th, 8th or 9th.
I don’t want to be pessimistic, but I fear it’s going to be worse than 9th. Burnley are picking up wins again, Arsenal are hard to beat and even the likes of Southampton and Newcastle have winnable games coming up. Palace might be rejuvenated by the break and string a few wins together too.

We could quite easily finish bottom half. The Burnley result in particular was a scary one for me. It just brought home the fact that we lac so much for consistency, that any game could potentially be a bad result.

One bad run in March and we are into the bottom half. Away to Chelsea, Everton and Spurs and home to City in the next 5 games. Even the easier game is against watford, who comfortably beat us last time out.

Like I said, I don’t want to be pessimistic, but I am genuinely fearful for what’s coming up.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
If he's going in the Summer then the club should announce it now as City did with Guardiola when Pellegrini was the outgoing manager.

The players are then already playing for their place with the new manager and wanting to impress - and thus CL is a lot more likely.

The problem is with this 'board' though, is that they have no plan... if Ole managed to get a few decent results, you know they'd then change their minds and wanna keep him!

At this point now, they could signed up Pochettino, announced him and lifted the mood at the club - instead there's a decent chance that the Man City job will come up and if so, any sane manager will obviously choose that over working with Woodward / Glazers.

They're perpetual ditherers, it's been a constant throughout Woodward's reign at Utd.