Solskjær sack watch | 2019/20 edition

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
We do lack quality however we have enough talent to beat teams like Newcastle Bournemouth and Co. We've got a manager whose out of depth and had failed in every EPL role he had

It's amazing how the bar has been lowered to accommodate ole. LvG was a world renowned manager but was kicked out despite winning the FA Cup and getting us to 5th place. Ole's seem to be able to survive anything bar relegation. All because he was a former player and he smiles alot during interviews
Imo Ole has already lost his job. The question is whether it will in January or end of season. There is no chance he'll stay beyond the season.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Imo Ole has already lost his job. The question is whether it will in January or end of season. There is no chance he'll stay beyond the season.
I think you are in for a shock.

It'll make zero difference if the club don't have a long term plan in place and have someone tapped up that clearly suits the club and role (Rose, Poch to name but two).

TsuWave

It kills me when people say no other manager would do better, as if Ole is anywhere near the top of the footballing pyramid as far as managers are concerned :lol:

People really wanna stick with an under-qualified and incompetent manager because better managers might could perhaps potentially possibly not do better. What the feck.

Gehrman

It kills me when people say no other manager would do better, as if Ole is anywhere near the top of the footballing pyramid as far as managers are concerned :lol:

People really wanna stick with an under-qualified and incompetent manager because better managers might could perhaps potentially possibly not do better. What the feck.
He has no CV to manage United other than he was our super sub as a player. that's it.

eltigreFalcao

We all know Ole's somehow out of his depth, even though he's on his own learning curve as a manager. Still a long way to go if he's to be come a great manager, even a good one. But I totally support him being our manager for the time beign, it gives me a sight of a club who's starting to organize itself rather than panick acting every desition made. I mean, there's a rebuilding process going on, talks about DOF and stuff are heatin ever more, one can see that. The sense in which I believe Ole can steady the ship is that he can take the blows, he can take the beating, he's got nothing to lose, as long as we dont get relegated which Im pretty confident is something he himself can avoid, he can swallow all the criticism, the blaming, and all the shit that sains on him, because of his cheer personality but also because, I believe, he aknowledges that's his role, thats his part of the process, to hang on. And if that's really an ongoing process from high up, which involves change in structure and even possibly change in ownership, then the board will hang on Ole. They need an indestructible rock to bould around. And moral-wise Ole's one of the sort. Then maybe they sack him or they terminate contract and its going to be ok, there will be a replacement worked on, something coherent with a DOF already in function, a better squad, younger and rid of deadwood. One can only hope the time comes with a better situation, and I believe is possible if we stick on Ole.

C'est Moi Cantona

I get it when people are saying the match-day fans are behind him, you can hear them chanting his name, and not a hint of any booing, but to counter that you could argue that this is just fingers to the people running the club.

Perhaps it's a case of - "We'll not let Ole become yet another scapegoat for you to blame for all the sh*t you've brought to the club, we know he's not up to the job, but we'll follow him off a cliff, in the hope this time it'll bring genuine to change to the club."

And it's hard not to argue, and it's the main reasons I haven't changed my vote for us not to sack him.

I get it when people are saying the match-day fans are behind him, you can hear them chanting his name, and not a hint of any booing, but to counter that you could argue that this is just fingers to the people running the club.

Perhaps it's a case of - "We'll not let Ole become yet another scapegoat for you to blame for all the sh*t you've brought to the club, we know he's not up to the job, but we'll follow him off a cliff, in the hope this time it'll bring genuine to change to the club."

And it's hard not to argue, and it's the main reasons I haven't changed my vote for us not to sack him.
Matchgoing fans at Old Trafford are pretty loyal in fairness, they sang Mourinho's name to the death also.

Mainoldo

To the cliff? What do you actually envisage happening? He’ll just get sacked and the new guy will be in. Woody isn’t going anywhere.

Skills

Snitch
Matchgoing fans at Old Trafford are pretty loyal in fairness, they sang Mourinho's name to the death also.
Hate to say it but they're borderline harmful to the clubs interests.

A lot of the clubs passiveness/lack of ruthlessness stems from the fanbase who like to hide it under the banners of patience and 'belief'. In the same way a lot of Madrid's ambition and ruthlessness comes from their 'spoilt' fanbase who are constantly on to the club to deliver.

C'est Moi Cantona

To the cliff? What do you actually envisage happening? He’ll just get sacked and the new guy will be in. Woody isn’t going anywhere.
Just because you say so? If there's as much pressure put on him as there has been previous managers then perhaps we might stand a chance of getting rid of him, the acceptance that he is just staying come what may is sad, he deserves to go long before Ole does, so until then I won't put the boot into Ole like so many seems happy to do.

C'est Moi Cantona

Jose unravelled pretty quickly, there wasn't much to boo in his first two seasons, I can see Ole been allowed loads more rope before we start to see anything like discontent towards him inside the stadium, if indeed they ever would, reckon the owners and Woodward would take the anger long before, which can only be a good thing.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
There is Rogers who’d obviously be interested in managing Manchester United.

BlueHaze

I have a very hard time imagining him doing well here with the people above. That he's better than Ole is of course a fact but I would still even rather have Poch than Rodgers.

LDUred

Ole ain't the problem, it's those running the club who are fecking us. We are where we are because of them.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Why would he leave a club with fantastic ownership and management in Jon Rudkin to work with Woodward and the Glazers?

He'd probably pull the Liverpool card just to stick it to us if offered.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Why would he leave a club with fantastic ownership and management in Jon Rudkin to work with Woodward and the Glazers?

He'd probably pull the Liverpool card just to stick it to us if offered.
I’m absolutely positive Rogers would come to United just as he left Celtic mid-season. Despite our problems upstairs, there is no comparison between opportunity managing United Leicester, with all due respect to Leicester and I admire at what they’re doing there.

Hawks2008

So far out of his depth. He is on course to be worse and more damaging than Moyes but its okay cos he's a legend player

feck him and his wheel.

Lee565

He is to us what Kenny Dalglish was to Liverpool.
He's not, he's far worse, at least dalglish had actual success at the top level as a manager, solskjear has been managing for around a decade now and all he has to show for it is some titles in a minnow league, the likes of mark Hughes, keane and bruce achieved more in just their first few years as managers than what Solskjear has in his entire managerial career, that's the woeful level he is as a manager.

Bestofthebest

I am writing from a point of reality not dreamland. Klopp and Pep are not available and why would either of them leave successful clubs to come to us. Regardless, even one of these two could not transform this squad in such a short time. Pep has a team who are very talented individuals built over a number of years and Klopp has a very talented and hard working squad who fight for the whole ninety minutes. We have a squad mainly lacking in individual talent and also not fit enough to run themselves ragged for ninety minutes.

This lack of quality was there prior to OGS and will remain, for the most part, until we get some players of greater ability and mindset into the squad. Doubtless some of the squad are able to improve in the right environment but not necessarily just a change of manager. This whole situation has been developing for some time and I'm sure was deteriorating rapidly under Jose too. Some people appear to forget that we have not been very good for quite some time now, under various managers.

Finally, I'm not defending Ole but just saying I don't think he is anywhere near the main problem causing us to be in such a poor state. He is definitely not totally responsible for the poor quality of the squad overall.

Handré1990

We lack quality to win the league. Not lacking quality to finish top 6. Top 4 is about par.

Jose the manager we claimed finished dinosaur weren't too shabby. Stop saying no manager can do better than ole gunnar ex molde manager. That's simply not true
The first paragraph is hard to argue, especially looking at our ‘normal’ competition. You do mess up when you bring Mourhinho in to it, though, he failed here, seriously, move on from that guy.

Kemizee

Season is a write off, no point letting Ole spend in January and as long as he isn’t here next season I could t care less about when he is sacked.
It isn't. We are in November. We have more games to play than we have played already. We can salavage something if we get an interim who is tactically astute. Ole is just useless as a manager.

dove

It isn't. We are in November. We have more games to play than we have played already. We can salavage something if we get an interim who is tactically astute. Ole is just useless as a manager.
That's the problem, it looks like Ole is going nowhere which means season is a write off.

Kemizee

A lot of the clubs passiveness/lack of ruthlessness stems from the fanbase who like to hide it under the banners of patience and 'belief'. In the same way a lot of Madrid's ambition and ruthlessness comes from their 'spoilt' fanbase who are constantly on to the club to deliver.
100% accurate. Nothing to add.

Kemizee

That's the problem, it looks like Ole is going nowhere which means season is a write off.
If only we had ambitious owners. If only we looked beyond sentiments, nepotism and stupidity in getting this club to where it should be.

b82REZ

This is scarily correct

Fergie's final speech really did cause us more issues than it ever solved.

Alabaster Codify7

The board have played a blinder, and what they've ended up with is The Perfect Storm of positive things for them....

- Manager who the fans are hesitant to complain about or turn on
- Fanbase that's been indoctrinated to believe that 'their different' and that means they don't turn on the manager

Sit back, count the money and relax.

tonnas

We are a shit run club, he wont get the sack. We can simple write Utd off not just the season, just look at Bayern..thats how a club should be run.

Gehrman

We are a shit run club, he wont get the sack. We can simple write Utd off not just the season, just look at Bayern..thats how a club should be run.
Ole is 100% getting the sack. Woody cares about his image as the top dog at man utd.

dove

They should be ashamed really, not giving the manager at least 3 years? They will surely suffer now by hiring a much better manager instead.

Water Melon

Agreed, seconded, supported.

Nickelodeon

Like 2015-16 for LVG and 2018-19 for Jose, we all know how this will end but our board will stick around for God knows what till the point the season doesn't remain salvageable.

Please, for the love of God, can our board be a little proactive. Look at what Bayern are doing. Our board (and also our fanbase) would have clung on to that 7-2 win till the end of the season as a proof of some potential greatness that may never come.