Solskjær sack watch | 2019/20 edition

Alabaster Codify7

Around the same time Jose was sacked.

I see him limping through November but his position becoming untenable in early December with us in 18th in the table.

b82REZ

What's the plan for success though? You fire the manager to punish him for bad results and open a spot for a new manager. You now feel good because your wish came true and are ready to put the positive vibes you have to use. Who replaces him and how does it play out from there that's going to result in sustained success?
What is Ole showing that would suggest he's going to have sustained success?

We've only seen regression under his stewardship.

To answer OP I think he'll be here post Christmas simply because as a club we don't react quickly enough. They'll give him January to sign a player like they did with Moyes and see if that has a positive impact.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
No way he gets sacked unless we are seriously in danger of being relegated.
We could quite easily be 1 point off the bottom 3 tomorrow. That cannot fail to get some boardroom butts squeaking.

Not making top 4 is our usual criteria, so being in the bottom 4 over 1/4 of the season in would be horrific.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
What is Ole showing that would suggest he's going to have sustained success?

We've only seen regression under his stewardship.

To answer OP I think he'll be here post Christmas simply because as a club we don't react quickly enough. They'll give him January to sign a player like they did with Moyes and see if that has a positive impact.
The best we can hope for is to limp through to Jan, while hoping Martial and Pogba revitalise us, and we don't get injury ravaged.

Liverpool bought us some time, but midweek showed we're pretty poor, and have no real clue on attacking.

There isn't really any "worst case" of removing Ole, beyond him being a legend and it'd be a shame.

There's no body of work that'll be ruined.

NWRed

Odd time to start this thread, a week after dominating the runaway league leaders and nearly beating then and a couple of days after our first away win of the season while still suffering an injury crisis.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Odd time to start this thread, a week after dominating the runaway league leaders and nearly beating then and a couple of days after our first away win of the season while still suffering an injury crisis.
Haha! What a surpise you'd say something like that.

meninred

To me we have to wait the next 7 games.we can't simply keep on changing coaches without exhausting his chances.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Ok, so this is not a thread about whether or not he should be sacked. Nor is it a thread about our style of play, lack of direction, or all the other reasons people feel he may be underachieving or not.
This is purely to speculate when he may get the boot. Because, let’s face it, he is on dodgy ground.

Lose or fail to score tomorrow then I think he is on his last chance. Could even get the boot early next week.
I have a fear. Our board, being mostly none football people, will actually give him time... not realising you have to give the right person time and also know how to assess if despite results that person justifies more time.

El Presidente

I'm struggling to accept a reality in which he's not sacked after Norwich should he lose tomorrow.

I know that he probably won't be though, because it's too logical.

Are you just googling the results?

b82REZ

How far have we fallen?

Nearly beating a team? Jesus how pathetic.

I know Ole is a legend but this constant dropping of standards by some is ludicrous.

El Zoido

I'm struggling to accept a reality in which he's not sacked after Norwich should he lose tomorrow.

I know that he probably won't be though, because it's too logical.
Who would take over? Clearly we don’t have anyone lined up.

b82REZ

Who would take over? Clearly we don’t have anyone lined up.
We didn't last year either. Ole was interim and we were supposed to be following a proper recruitment process in the summer.

Unfortunately many of us got blinded by that night in Paris, and so did the board.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
I have a fear. Our board, being mostly none football people, will actually give him time... not realising you have to give the right person time and also know how to assess if despite results that person justifies more time.
Already happening mate... seriously.

Any other top 6 club and he'd be gone already!

El Zoido

We didn't last year either. Ole was interim and we were supposed to be following a proper recruitment process in the summer.

Unfortunately many of us got blinded by that night in Paris, and so did the board.
The writing was on the wall for Jose long before he got sacked though. I’m not getting the same feeling with Ole, seems like the club are going to stick by him. He’s well liked in the club and currently everyone appears to be of the belief that things are going in the right direction and that we’ll turn a corner. Unless we get even worse I can’t see him being sacked.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
The writing was on the wall for Jose long before he got sacked though. I’m not getting the same feeling with Ole, seems like the club are going to stick by him. He’s well liked in the club and currently everyone appears to be of the belief that things are going in the right direction and that we’ll turn a corner. Unless we get even worse I can’t see him being sacked.
If we get 'even worse' we'll be literally in a relegation battle...

b82REZ

The writings on the wall for Ole as well.

Just because his mates in the media are defending his "plan" doesn't mean he shouldn't be scrutinised like our previous managers post Fergie.

Your comment screams of blind optimism. That's fine but nothing suggests we will see any improvement. We've gone backwards over the past 10 months.

Who are the people that are under the belief this is are moving in the right direction? Gary Neville and 47% of supporters on here?

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
No chance Woodward pulls the trigger so soon after his recent media appearances. He will be here until January at least and I’ve made peace with it now.

Loon

:lol:
In the summer I thought he would not make Christmas. Now I think he'll get the season.

el3mel

The only reason we're sticking with him for now is Woodward wanting to prove he discovered a gem by hiring him and that Mourinho was responsible for everything wrong at the club, not Woodward, hence trying to support Ole by all possible means to prove Ed was right from the get go. We'll stick with him for 1 more month before Ed finally giving him and sacking him while preparing his excuse like "we'll continue the same project under a new manager, thanks Ole" or something.

Prodigy24

Been off with football this week due to work etc, but how come that the entire forum wants him gone now? Seems like something has happened and everyone can't wait till he's gone...

I know the obvious reasons why but it seems like the Ole Out brigade has multiplied during the week.

NJM78

As soon as, I hope.

Nothing against Ole as an ex player and will always love him but I am extremely concerned with him as our manager.

Devil81

We've shown good fight over the last two matches, I think he needs a few more bodies in and we might actually improve.

This could all change tomorrow if Norwich turn us over.

b82REZ

Been off with football this week due to work etc, but how come that the entire forum wants him gone now? Seems like something has happened and everyone can't wait till he's gone...

I know the obvious reasons why but it seems like the Ole Out brigade has multiplied during the week.
I think the combined 1 shot on target from open play in 180 minutes of football was a turning point for many.

Alabaster Codify7

The only reason we're sticking with him for now is Woodward wanting to prove he discovered a gem by hiring him and that Mourinho was responsible for everything wrong at the club, not Woodward, hence trying to support Ole by all possible means to prove Ed was right from the get go. We'll stick with him for 1 more month before Ed finally giving him and sacking him while preparing his excuse like "we'll continue the same project under a new manager, thanks Ole" or something.

Yes. Ole is basically a human PR exercise. He's a convenient manager that can deflect all attention away from the board who are clearly just buying time to see how things pan out. For that approach, he's the perfect PR tool - extremely low maintenance with a heavy sentimental element to him that should keep large portions of the fans from calling him out and making noise. They've created a really fluffy little PR piece around him really well to be honest, it's only the fanbase that's enabling them to pull it off.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Think he’ll get the season, so buckle up, it’s going to be a slog

NJM78

Just saw we are 15th in the table. What the flying feck????
Big ifs but we could be 16th tomorrow if we lose and Newcastle win.

Of course we could climb up a bit with a win but either way it’s fecking awful.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I think the combined 1 shot on target from open play in 180 minutes of football was a turning point for many.
This. We look tumescent, if anything the quality of the football is regressing

Art Vandelay

Early January followed by caretaker manager until the end of the month/early February so perfect excuse for no signings. Followed by the new manager suffering the same problems of shit players who are never fit.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
The championship beckons if we don’t get some decent results here in the next few weeks. So, he’ll be gone by Christmas if we’re still anywhere near/in the bottom 3.
Allardyce on an interim to rescue us until another permanent manager comes in next summer.
Hope I’m wrong though, and we pick up steam in the next few games.

AFC NimbleThumb

This. We look tumescent, if anything the quality of the football is regressing
Nah mate.

This is all part of some greater plan that only the few can see because their football minds are akin to Pep.

You aren’t allowed to question OgS on facts, it’s all about the fact he might do something; not the s*** show he’s actually at fault for.

Slik

Putting things into context, I only see the team progressing up the table and not down. This threat of relegation is greatly exaggerated. No matter how bad it goes they will win enough to stay in the mid table places. But this is United and we are supposed to be in the top 4 places. Which will be a difficult job considering the depleted squad which already lacked enough quality. But as I said, I only see the team going up with injured players starting to come back and unless we have another string of bad lucks where so many players get injured again. We will be in and around the top 6 places by December. Ole isn’t going anywhere now, he has a project, some may not see it now, but even his signings have all proved to be good and that’s one very huge change compared to our previous managers. If we have more signings from him and in keeping with his so far 100% record with signings, I feel there is something good ahead.

b82REZ

Putting things into context, I only see the team progressing up the table and not down. This threat of relegation is greatly exaggerated. No matter how bad it goes they will win enough to stay in the mid table places. But this is United and we are supposed to be in the top 4 places. Which will be a difficult job considering the deplete squad which already lacked enough quality. But as I said, I only seen the team going up with injured players starting to come back and unless we have another string of bad lucks where so many players get injured again. We will be in and around the top 6 places by December. Ole isn’t going anywhere now, he has a project, some may not see it now, but even his signings have all proved to be good and that’s one very huge change compared to our previous managers. If we have more signings from him and in keeping with his so far 100% record with signings, I feel there is something good ahead.
You only see the team going up? What on earth are you watching? You act like you're seeing something the rest of us aren't, so please enlighten me.

This is blind optimism at it's best.

Would you feel the same if we were in this situation but Jose was still in charge?

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
The same day the club is sold which might not be too distant in the future. Doesn't matter how many sponsors they have. Carry on as we are the club will have another billion knocked off its price. They have to spend 200-300m on players just to get us back around top 4 plus whatever is needed for renovations. If I were them I'd sell the club for a £3b profit. Not a bad investment for their buying in price. Makes me sick to see those figures. The sooner the whole hierarchy of the club goes from top to bottom the better.