Solskjær sack watch | 2019/20 edition

DRM

I think part of the reason why we dont want to sack him is that will signify that the board has once again FAILED! This points directly to woody. He can feck off with his assertions that this is a "multi-year squad evolution analysis" - It's a multi-year cluster feck you prick. He more than Ole needs to go. We have to sort out things at the top before we hire another manager.

Rafaeldagold

This is the lowest points total at this stage since 1988-89. How is this acceptable to anyone. Ole gets a free ride & it’s pathetic. We deserve this shite season for not being pro active enough & making the right decisions

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
The board may just be like many posters here. Tried experience now we need patience. So let's stick with him. Time makes a manager.
Yeah I think this too, if of course they genuinely have no reservations.

A really weird approach to handling a top club.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Too much generalising going on on both sides of the Ole argument. I support the manager and will do until he is no longer the manager, but I have no issue with criticism of him as long as it's respectfully done. I'm not happy with some of our so-called fans who think it's acceptable to call Ole 'Golem' or 'Ole Gunnar Sockpuppet' and many of the other insults we wouldn't accept if it were coming from an opposition fan on here.

No matter what you think of his manging abilities, to the generation of fans who saw his entire United playing career, Ole the footballer will always have a very special place in our hearts and a few people on here need to keep that in mind before posting the ad hominem attacks.
Fecking A, mate. I said it earlier on, I saw him being called a sh**stain in another thread, absolutely unacceptable.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Yeah I think this too, if of course they genuinely have no reservations.

A really weird approach to handling a top club.
Whims and fancies is how we're being run. Were seemingly going with a set of values - youth, fast paced football, British etc - forgetting that no matter which approach you prefer, quality and talent come first.

Sanche7

This is the problem with appointing a club legend as manager. It's not easy to sack a coach who is an ex player/legend.

izec

Not surprised. I can imagine even relegation wouldnt cost him the job. We are in serious trouble, Ole will be here for quite some time, i get carried away by the results, but i am maintaining what i said months ago, he will be here next season as well. It is an absolute joke. Midtable club we are

sparx99

I always end up tying myself in knots with this situation.

On the one hand; patience is needed. We keep changing styles and there are some very slight green shoots if you squint hard enough. The culture around the team seems better and we have cleared away a number of players Ill-suited to playing ‘progressive’ football.

On the other hand; is Ole the guy to give patience to? Despite our various injuries too many performance haven’t been good enough. There are some clear mental frailties which could be the result of such a young squad. And the squad management after selling so many players has to be taken into account.

I do think whoever were to replace Ole could come in with a fairy blank canvas and a lot of funds to take the next step. Ole may end up having laid the groundwork by stripping away Mourinhos signings.

Amethystxx

I'm browse the Caf everyday and looking for "Solskjær sack watch | 2019/20 edition | Sacked", but still not found.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Simply because he’s a club legend as a player he’s getting an extended opportunity. It’s ridiculous. We’re letting emotion get in between a clear cut decision.

We’re only prolonging the inevitable.

EireRed_GS

Its a shame its playing out as it has, I can sympathise with Ole as he's working with the worse bunch of United players ive seen in a long time, and the apparent culture of alot of our players acting like fcking divas who think theyve made it already, gives him another massive obstacle to climb. But he does himself no favours when he's subbing off Williams for Shaw when we are chasing a goal, and then talking bollocks in his interviews.

Regarding sacking Ole, I think it may well happen next week, after the spurs and city games.. both of them with have a field day vs our midfield. and theres not much Ole can really do about that with whats available.. But i dont think Ed will sack him unless he's certain Poch is gonna take over. It makes Ed look bad sacking yet another manager he brought in, and we've learned with some of his statements that he's trying everything to absolve himself of blame.

Wether Poch is willing to take over here is another question. I think he would be quite hesitate. Everyone and their dog can see the absolute shitshow at united and how its being run by absolute donkeys. Its potential career suicide. Why would anyone want to come in and ruin their reputation

NWRed

This is the lowest points total at this stage since 1988-89. How is this acceptable to anyone. Ole gets a free ride & it’s pathetic. We deserve this shite season for not being pro active enough & making the right decisions
Probably for the same reason it was acceptable then, that he decision makers behind the scenes get to see alot more of what goes on that you do, and so they know the chances of it improving in the future.

Anders Agnalt

Why should we sack Ole?
Woody is the one to sack, we need reinforcement, and we need someone to actually make transferrs materialize!

izec

Simply because he’s a club legend as a player he’s getting an extended opportunity. It’s ridiculous. We’re letting emotion get in between a clear cut decision.

We’re only prolonging the inevitable.
the issue is not only the inevitable, but it will set us back if we go with him into next season and promising managers are again off the market. We will sack him mid season with no plan who to take over. We are in a loop of shitty decisions upon shitty decisions all over the park, and our manager situation is the epitome of it

Mainoldo

The fans have turned. He’s on borrowed time and if the board think they can just sit there and do nothing.. like Arsenal they will be in for a rude awakening.

It will just get more toxic because they guy ain’t turning nothing around.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I really want/hoped Ole to succeed, but you cant argue that his record is really, really poor right now.

He HAS been very unlucky with key players missing lots of games, and we clearly don't have a strong squad to make up for it. I think this is what is saving him right now.

We do have to be realistic that any manager coming in now will suffer the same struggles - but there is plenty that could be improved upon.

I personally think if Ole goes, we have to make sure Carrick/Mckenna and the rest are gone with them. It's clear to me they just aren't up to the job.

Alabaster Codify7

Fecking A, mate. I said it earlier on, I saw him being called a sh**stain in another thread, absolutely unacceptable.
Sh*tstain is too far but I call him Sockpuppet all the time and will continue to do so as long as he resembles one.

Why should we sack Ole?
Woody is the one to sack, we need reinforcement, and we need someone to actually make transferrs materialize!
Because he's being paid one of the highest salaries in world football for a football manager (allow that to sink in) while proving to be an absolutely shite football manager. Basic and simple reasoning and highly logical.

Ban

In any case Poch can't accept a new job until the summer due to his contract clause.
Unfortunately we have a lot of immature fans who feel proud giving nicknames to a club legend. Nicknames even opposing fans wouldn't think of.

Denis' cuff

Of course Ole won’t get sacked. He’s a yes man who doesn’t rock the boat, whilst they ruin the club. They’ll eventually sell, when they realise they can’t milk it any more and there is still some equity in the club to sell.

EW won’t get the sack, either ffs. He does their bidding. As if they’ll sack the guy who is merely carrying out their instructions.

feck me, even Danny Taylor is catching on.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
In any case Poch can't accept a new job until the summer due to his contract clause.

Unfortunately we have a lot of immature fans who feel proud giving nicknames to a club legend. Nicknames even opposing fans wouldn't think of.
Exactly, opposition fans wouldn't even be doing it but so called fans of the club can do it? It's a joke and I'm fed up seeing stuff like that.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
we've won just four league games all season. four... how can that be acceptable in any universe? a league two manager would be sacked for that record

Marcelinho87

Too much generalising going on on both sides of the Ole argument. I support the manager and will do until he is no longer the manager, but I have no issue with criticism of him as long as it's respectfully done. I'm not happy with some of our so-called fans who think it's acceptable to call Ole 'Golem' or 'Ole Gunnar Sockpuppet' and many of the other insults we wouldn't accept if it were coming from an opposition fan on here.

No matter what you think of his manging abilities, to the generation of fans who saw his entire United playing career, Ole the footballer will always have a very special place in our hearts and a few people on here need to keep that in mind before posting the ad hominem attacks.
Glad you have noticed and highlighted this too.

I have said it in numerous threads already and I don't believe enough, if anything is being done about it.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
the issue is not only the inevitable, but it will set us back if we go with him into next season and promising managers are again off the market. We will sack him mid season with no plan who to take over. We are in a loop of shitty decisions upon shitty decisions all over the park, and our manager situation is the epitome of it
The very day he got the full-time job, I said: look how well ex legends did at Liverpool and Leeds (with maybe one exception). it doesn't fecking work if the guy isn't manager material

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I don't think managerial changes would be as open.

I'm sure transfer business or general structural thoughts are difficult to keep quiet, but a big change like sacking probably not.

Did Athletic really talk about the board not keeping Emery until it happened? I only recall the reports being post Southampton which means they weren't really giving that much breaking info.
They did to be honest