Solskjær sack watch | 2019/20 edition

soapythecat

Ok, so this is not a thread about whether or not he should be sacked. Nor is it a thread about our style of play, lack of direction, or all the other reasons people feel he may be underachieving or not.
This is purely to speculate when he may get the boot. Because, let’s face it, he is on dodgy ground.

Lose or fail to score tomorrow then I think he is on his last chance. Could even get the boot early next week.

::sonny::

He will be here for the next 20 yrs:

✓ He doesn't ask players

✓ Happy to play with youngsters

✓ He is convenient for the club: loved by the fans, doesn't ask nothing= more money for them= happy glazer

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
He will be here for the next 20 yrs:

✓ He doesn't ask players

✓ Happy to play with youngsters

✓ He is convenient for the club: loved by the fans, doesn't ask nothing= more money for them= happy glazer
He will not stay if the team's not progressing from where it is. Simple as that.

Eric7C

I fear for you, soapy the cat. Hope you have a helmet on.

As for Ole, he should have gone after Newcastle, so feck only knows.

Judas

Open to offers
Won't make it past Christmas. Thought it long before the season even kicked off, and the football we've seen has only reinforced my feeling.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Ok, so this is not a thread about whether or not he should be sacked. Nor is it a thread about our style of play, lack of direction, or all the other reasons people feel he may be underachieving or not.
This is purely to speculate when he may get the boot. Because, let’s face it, he is on dodgy ground.

Lose or fail to score tomorrow then I think he is on his last chance. Could even get the boot early next week.
Thanks for outing yourself

dev1l

Don't worry, not for long. Doubt we will see threads in hindsight like "if Ole's ideology had been followed completely how low would we have gone"
There are already 3 or 4 threads at least. Why not stick to them? It s useless.

C'est Moi Cantona

I think it's only fair that Woodward has the same threads Ole does now.

They are equally incapable of doing their jobs properly, Woodward has just done it for longer.

I Am Zlatan

A loss tomorrow would put him under some serious pressure.. also a win would give him few more matches.. so pretty much tomorrow’s match is huge for him in my opinion.

I hope he gets the sack as soon as possible though, I still haven’t gave up on the season, if he goes, and we get a decent manager, we would be in the top 6.

Untd55

The worst thing that can happen is that we scrape out a result as we did against Liverpool. It just delays the inevitable and makes the pain continue.

I don't think he will be sacked even with a loss against Norwich. I think it will also take a loss against Chelsea and potentially Brighton.

Castia

If we lose tomorrow he will be fired. He deserves to go, the defeats I can take but the style of play is absolutely clueless.

The main thing keeping him in the job is a lack of candidates to take over. If there was a top class alternative available I feel he would have been gone already.

BrianLy

I hope he gets the sack as soon as possible though, I still haven’t gave up on the season, if he goes, and we get a decent manager, we would be in the top 6.
You do realize that it's not beyond the realm of possibility that Solskjær will stay, even if we don't make top 6?

With the current poor form, and temporary improvements of previous management changes, there can't be confidence that making further changes will yield results. What's interesting is that we are in uncharted territory, well territory a significant section of our fan base have not experience with, therefore it's possible the amount of leeway extends beyond the Christmas period whatever our results turn out to be. That's my thinking on what's going on inside the club.

Personally, I feel uncomfortable with the situation like a lot of fans. However, the world hasn't ended and I want to see a successful long-term challenge. It's not going to bother me if we are outside the top 6 with Ole after Christmas, if I see and hear the right things from the club. I don't expect an immediate turnaround - seeing that under a new manager would signify more of the same from this crowd of players.

::sonny::

The worst thing that can happen is that we scrape out a result as we did against Liverpool. It just delays the inevitable and makes the pain continue.

I don't think he will be sacked even with a loss against Norwich. I think it will also take a loss against Chelsea and potentially Brighton.
They usually act only if they are forced to do it

They lost any interest in the club (a good news, on long terms, they could sell), bad on short terms, no investment with a fake interest in developing young players

Lukaku not replaced, Sanchez not replaced, Herrera not replaced, Fellaini not replaced. A squad with 7 centre backs, never seen something like that in modern football, a total confusion

They are willing to make some movement only if forced hardly to do it, I think Ole is safe if he doesn't bring the squad below the 15th place

JoaquinJoaquin

I think he will get to February unless we are really struggling in the relegation zone unfortunately. No way Woodward sacks his yes man unless he has to.

Handré1990

I think the game after Norwich.
:lol:

Since we must have the easiest run of games of all the teams in the PL coming up (on paper), besides Chelsea in the LC, I think not before Tottenham on the 4th of December. Best case, he turns it around, worst case we stumble into a few W’s and some draws, maybe a loss, and get spanked by limping Spurs.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
This thread will rapidly descend into an Ole bashing, despite the OP claiming otherwise.

Have fun people.

BrianLy

They are willing to make some movement only if forced hardly to do it, I think Old is safe if he doesn't bring the squad below the 16th place
They need to stick to a long-term strategy. Keeping Ole is better than short-term strategies which rejuvenate the team for a short period while protecting players who should not be above scrutiny.

Movement would be great, if it brought in a fantastic new manager and appropriate changes to the playing staff. This has not happened since Fergie left despite turnovers and thousands of comments here and elsewhere claiming that each revolution will bring change. Forced changes don't really help us moving forward. We need more courage to stand behind people and enable them to force a change in the club.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
First week in November, after getting spanked by Bournemouth in the last of a long line of limp displays, leaving us in the relegation places.

(Just to put it out there, I think he deserves to go regardless now, but I'm wondering what it would actually take for him to go.)

We've got a favourable run of fixtures after Bournemouth, so it's perfect timing.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
I think he will get to February unless we are really struggling in the relegation zone unfortunately. No way Woodward sacks his yes man unless he has to.
Bang on.

Solskjaer is a dream ticket for Woodward / Glazers - they'll do literally everything they can to keep him in place as they continue to milk and drain Man Utd.

Hence him still being employed now!

I hope he continues to turn it around, but at any other competitive club he'd be long gone by now - rightfully.

freeurmind

weak willed
No way he gets sacked unless we are seriously in danger of being relegated.

BrianLy

(Just to put it out there, I think he deserves to go regardless now, but I'm wondering what it would actually take for him to go.)
What's the plan for success though? You fire the manager to punish him for bad results and open a spot for a new manager. You now feel good because your wish came true and are ready to put the positive vibes you have to use. Who replaces him and how does it play out from there that's going to result in sustained success?