Solskjær sack watch | 2019/20 edition

Slik

@Slik;
Hope you’re right but I still remember relegation from the old div 1, back in the 70s.

I know I am right. I see what Ole is trying to do very clearly. It’s not easy with the squad he has. And we should have strengthened. But it’s not as bad as the tables portray. We tend to play very poor football whenever we rest a few players and that’s because of our generally poor squad. Mourinho will raise hell if he found himself with this squad and faced further injuries. Ole is doing well.

PitTon

He should go! Having Martial helps the result today but the way we play as a team is questionable as usual. I could not understand the reason to continue what is not going well. The sooner he and his staff go, the better for every one involved.

b82REZ

I know I am right. I see what Ole is trying to do very clearly. It’s not easy with the squad he has. And we should have strengthened. But it’s not as bad as the tables portray. We tend to play very poor football whenever we rest a few players and that’s because of our generally poor squad. Mourinho will raise hell if he found himself with this squad and faced further injuries. Ole is doing well.
I asked you this yesterday and you ignored the question then, so I expect no response to this either, but please do enlighten us as to what it you're seeing so clearly.

LJJT

Oles at the wheeel. Tell me how good does it feel. Can’t believe there’s a few saddo’s still moaning in here. Get behind the manager and the team. Great win today vs a poor Norwich but who cares confidence is all important for us

lsd

The Oracle
Oles at the wheeel. Tell me how good does it feel. Can’t believe there’s a few saddo’s still moaning in here. Get behind the manager and the team. Great win today vs a poor Norwich but who cares confidence is all important for us

Played well deserved to win . I keep saying lets see how we pan out throughout the season

b82REZ

Almost as bad as the saddos who only show up after a rare victory to act like they're better supporters somehow.

Slik

I asked you this yesterday and you ignored the question then, so I expect no response to this either, but please do enlighten us as to what it you're seeing so clearly.
For one, I saw the style of play Ole was trying to implement in pre season. We saw bits of it in our first game against Chelsea and even in our next game against wolves where player mistakes meant we ended up with a draw. From there we we faced some difficulties scoring goals in matches against crystal palace and Southampton and the players seemed to lose confidence from then onwards. Up until that time we were trying to implement what we started in pre season. Injuries also kicked in from the crystal palace game to vital players to how Ole wants to play. Specifically martial, and pogba who came in and out. Since then players have been shot of confidence and performing way below their ability. This translated in them being unable to implement the quick pressing/counter game of Ole.

Reasons why I am optimistic, is players are returning from injury and also knowing the players have been playing way below their ability and been unlucky as well in certain situations. Just a bit of luck, going their way will just boost their confidence. The performance in the Liverpool game boosted their confidence. And we saw how much better they performed with martial back and a boost in confidence.
What ole needs is to buy more. What he is trying to do is obvious. If you cant see it, that’s upto you. But he needs more players that fit the mould. Because as soon as his ideal 11 suffers injuries the backup just can’t do it. They don’t fit the profile for his tactics. Mata,matic,young,Jones all need to be the replaced. Lingard, Perriera also back ups at best.

Lastly, penalties. Being objective you have to put certain things into context. Player miss this many penalties in a matter of a few games and you expect me to support the manager being sacked for this. Those penalties were all match changing moments. Our penalty miss rate wouldn’t continue either. We can’t be that unlucky over a longer period. Also reason why I only see things getting better.
I hope I have answered you now.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Crisis? We lost 2 players to injury. Crisis?

Keep on creating excuses for ole. It's entertaining
We've had one big injury in martial. Pogba was out for 2-3 weeks. The rest is pretty normal case of 1 week out. Hardly a major crisis.

You're making it as it half of our squad is on 3months injury.

Apart from martial, everything else was considered normal season.
Our season is 9 games in you drama queen
Some of this thread is unbelievable and factually wrong. Support Ole or want him gone it's fair enough, but the way this thread is going it has the feel of the Brexit argument with it's vitriol and lies.

lysglimt

Scout
Almost as bad as the saddos who only show up after a rare victory to act like they're better supporters somehow.
I can't really blame them - this place is at time depressing. Unless United win by 3-4 goals playing wonderful football - there are 3 new threads with manager bashing. People want to slaughter the manager fine - but keep it to 2-3 threads - instead there are some people who think we need 8 threads basically saying the same thing over and over again. And if the criticism had been normal - that would have been fine, but instead there are people who call OGS a clown, a fool, incompetent, the worst manager in the P.L and God knows what. Want him gone - criticize him fine - but show him some respect. He has done more for our club than 95% of all players who have been here

And unlike some of our other managers - he tries to do what is right for his club, and he doesn't let his ego get in the way

So yeah - I can understand people not posting here hours/Days after a defeat. Or after a win (like after the win in Belgrade)

MrBest

I am still torn thus one of them sados. I reallt want this to work for Ole, he is a great guy and a legend but Norwich are so so poor. It reminds me of when Jose easily beat Fulham 4 1 last year and we played very very good football. It papered over some cracks and he was gone in a few weeks as we were back to horrific football soon after. The key for me is whether Ole uses this as a platform for attacking football, not this counter attacking nonesense. I would happily get knocked out by Chelsea on Weds if it meant Ole sticks to the way we beat Norwich and builds on that. We have a few kind fixtures in the league after this, this will be the real test for Ole and how he deals with the 'lesser' opposition. I really do hope Norwich is the awakening we needed as the team are clearly capable of turning up, playing well and getting top 4/6.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I am still torn thus one of them sados. I reallt want this to work for Ole, he is a great guy and a legend but Norwich are so so poor. It reminds me of when Jose easily beat Fulham 4 1 last year and we played very very good football. It papered over some cracks and he was gone in a few weeks as we were back to horrific football soon after. The key for me is whether Ole uses this as a platform for attacking football, not this counter attacking nonesense. I would happily get knocked out by Chelsea on Weds if it meant Ole sticks to the way we beat Norwich and builds on that. We have a few kind fixtures in the league after this, this will be the real test for Ole and how he deals with the 'lesser' opposition. I really do hope Norwich is the awakening we needed as the team are clearly capable of turning up, playing well and getting top 4/6.
The worrying part is that we're so bad that if we ended up finishing 6th it's considered a very big miracle, and how ole's doing a good job and should be given 200M and 3 years.

That's for finishing 6th

MrBest

The worrying part is that we're so bad that if we ended up finishing 6th it's considered a very big miracle, and how ole's doing a good job and should be given 200M and 3 years.

That's for finishing 6th
It is truly frustrating how we are where we are. Ole to date has not really filled me with confidence but all we can do is hope that this transformation is going to be a great one. Getting James AWB and Maguire in has been an excellent start, there are mistakes yo be learnt in shifting deadwood without replacing them but hopefully the Norwich win will install the confidence we need badly. The only shining light right now is Spurs have not won a away game since Jan (in the league).

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!

That's for finishing 6th
That's not at all why he was given the job though. The good job part came when we won every game in sight, set a new away win record, and had some incredible results in the CL. That's where the good job part came into play. The rest is a series of bad results, that left us in 6th. Primarily it can be attributed to De Geas astonishing series of amateur level mistakes that cost us a host of points.

No one has ever said or suggested that finishing 6th was good. Let alone a miracle. But we were in 4th after a very hefty catchup action following the start of his tenure. That's where he earned his job.

lsd

The Oracle

That's for finishing 6th

Worked for Jose at least Ole might use the money better

fergiesarmy1

Could be 5th next week while going through a transition and injury crisis, shocking stuff really.

TRUERED89

He should go! Having Martial helps the result today but the way we play as a team is questionable as usual. I could not understand the reason to continue what is not going well. The sooner he and his staff go, the better for every one involved.
What was wrong with that? it could have been 6 (not including the 2 missed pens), one thing that annoyed me was at 0-0 Norwich missed a huge chance that was just too easy for them to create. But after that we really took it to them and were ruthless for the most part. Doesn't deserve criticism for a convincing win.

Okey

Sigh...it was the one goal per game before the weekend. Now it's poor poor Norwich. What next after we beat Chelsea tomorrow? He's our manager for now, and the league is just about bedding in. Can't we just give him our unalloyed support? And then do the same for the next guy when he's eventually replaced. So long as they respect our club and give their best. He may be a dud but he's our dud. For now at least...

El Zoido

Agreed, it’s really tiresome. People didn’t even hate Moyes this much.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

That's for finishing 6th
There's some who have brainwashed themselves into thinking Ole has been given the 10th best squad in the land and hence we should no expectations whatsoever from him or the team. However I think we have maintain our standards at the football club. Ole has not been hired to "do okay". Either he's an excellent manager or he isn't. So yeah, top 4 as always will be the minimum expectation. Other than that, the relevant factors would be how cohesive and collectible strong a team/attack he's able to turn us into. When you look at the team it should feel a well coached football team.

I don't think we should suddenly lower expectations just because we've been terrible of late.

amolbhatia50k

Agreed, it’s really tiresome. People didn’t even hate Moyes this much.
Ole has nowhere near that much hate. Mourinho had ten fold what Ole is getting. The difference is that Ole is not hated, he's just not rated.

Judas

Open to offers
Just because someone doesn't think Ole is the man to take us forward, doesn't mean he's hated. I don't think anyone has any real animosity towards him.

Swiss_Red89

I started to lose hope that he'll be able to turn things around. The Norwich game gave me new hope because that was a very good performance from start to finish. We now need these performances on a more consistant basis and have to hope that we stay fortunate with injuries from now on.

Yes i admit the period after the chelsea game to the liverpool game was nowhere near good enough.
But I still would absolutlely love it for Ole to be succesful. And i have to say i really like to see this version of ManUnited play from an emotional point of view. It's a really likeable team with a likeable club legend at the wheel. They have my full support.

Judas

Open to offers
Am I the only one who thought when Norwich scored we looked more than capable of throwing all three points away? We looked nervy as heck. Apart from the 3rd goal, I thought we looked shaky and didn't exactly dominate them for majority of the 2nd half.

Maybe I need to rewatch the match, as some of the praise our performance has gotten has confused me.

Son

No one can accuse brexiteers of overplaying SMALL things. I ll give you that
They can accuse them of much more.

Back to Ole though. Good win against a poor side at weekend. Hoping to build on it. I was firmly in the Ole out camp last week but if he puts a run together let’s see what he can do.

I like the direction the club is going in player wise. Albeit we need more ball players now not counter attackers. The club brings in top notch young talent like Sancho, Haaland, Havertz and a midfielder or 2 in the next few windows we could see ourselves turn into one of the top sides again. We have a lot going for our club if your a young player. They can make an absolute killing money wise too compared to smaller clubs like Napoli etc.

Luckily for us all our 3 signings look to have been a success in the summer which has sorted that defence out for sure. Something to build upon now so no excuses with our income going forward. We should have the budget and personnel to challenge in the coming years.

El Zoido

Ole has nowhere near that much hate. Mourinho had ten fold what Ole is getting. The difference is that Ole is not hated, he's just not rated.
It’s so vitriolic it essentially comes across as the same thing anyway. Also there are more people who still support Mourinho now than support Ole. :lol:

SteveW

Am I the only one who thought when Norwich scored we looked more than capable of throwing all three points away? We looked nervy as heck. Apart from the 3rd goal, I thought we looked shaky and didn't exactly dominate them for majority of the 2nd half.

Maybe I need to rewatch the match, as some of the praise our performance has gotten has confused me.
Possibly.

peridigm

The effort definitely slacked off near the end. The manor in which McT was stripped of the ball and they scored was reminiscent of our current form. Glad we finally got the PL away win monkey off our backs and left with 3 points but not getting excited just yet. Let's see how we play against Chelsea and the rest of the mid table clubs in the coming weeks.

cyberman

We were 3-0 up and the game was dead. Seems as if you were imposing your nerves on the team rather than seeing what was there.

zenith

It's still a game by game thing for me. The last one was good and I'd be happy to discount the Chelsea game if we decide to give the kids a crack at it. But after that and till the spurs game is absolutely critical.

Really hope that martial and the other first teamers keep fit and pogba returns soon. It would be almost unfair if ole is sacked without us getting to see his full strength team playing the way he intends to.

Also, given his good summer of transfers, it would be nice to see him bring in another couple of players in January and see how that goes

Marcelinho87

Not true.

I have seen people calling him idiot, moron, shit, wank, crap,

Sound pretty hateful to me as they are personal.

Might be a minority but it is definitely there.

amolbhatia50k

It’s so vitriolic it essentially comes across as the same thing anyway. Also there are more people who still support Mourinho now than support Ole. :lol:
The Mourinho love in is odd for sure. But I don't believe Ole gets much proper hate. He's in charge of an elite club where expectations are high and aren't being met. What would be the reaction at these performance at Barcelona or Bayern? Not too dissimilar