Solskjær sack watch | 2019/20 edition

Dve

The Mourinho love in is odd for sure. But I don't believe Ole gets much proper hate. He's in charge of an elite club where expectations are high and aren't being met. What would be the reaction at these performance at Barcelona or Bayern? Not too dissimilar
I agree. Most fans would want Ole to succeed, and it would not take many wins to have most on board again.

Mainoldo

I agree. Most fans would want Ole to succeed, and it would not take many wins to have most on board again.
Ole’s ship has all but sailed with the majority of fans only the blind would be getting back on board. But we are all hoping for the least amount of collateral damage as possible and if he by chance makes it to the end of the season. Let’s hope he made top 4.

AFC NimbleThumb

Ole’s ship has all but sailed with the majority of fans only the blind would be getting back on board. But we are all hoping for the least amount of collateral damage as possible and if he by chance makes it to the end of the season. Let’s hope he made top 4.
/This.

Dve

You are wrong. After the Norwich game the mood is already shifting. If United win the next couple of games, and you are still "Ole out", you will not be in the majority. You are probable not in the majority already.

fergiesarmy1

Majority of internet fans? Slightly according to this site. Have a look at another I won’t name and it will be hugely in favour of Ole. Go to Old Trafford it will be hugely in favour of Ole.

Cantonagotmehere

Love comments like this...... Sorry threads like this are not , 'most United fans'. I am not 'sold' on Ole but I do not think short term. I will give him more time.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Your mistake there is assuming we are all supporters of individual managers. Most of us support the club. If the club are making progress, we'll support that.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I think people wanted Jose sacked because he was a tiresome cnut who slagged off our club after the Sevilla game.
You think that was the last straw for many? Maybe the performances against Sevilla but what he came out with post-match was just some hard truths about the club's ongoing plight. We should have beaten Sevilla and the club's turmoil was not at fault in the tie, but he wasn't wrong with what he said.

To me it seemed to be the overall negativity from pre-season onwards that pushed people over the edge.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Well it's a funny world.

There are people who supports ole when we sits on 15th but wants jose sacked for finishing 2nd
It's a funny world, people like you supported Jose when he was 10th after 10 games in first season but wants Ole sacked even when he is 7th after 10 games.

Easy to twist everything.

roonster09

Scout
You think that was the last straw for many? Maybe the performances against Sevilla but what he came out with post-match was just some hard truths about the club's ongoing plight. We should have beaten Sevilla and the club's turmoil was not at fault in the tie, but he wasn't wrong with what he said.

To me it seemed to be the overall negativity from pre-season onwards that pushed people over the edge.
He was completely wrong in what he said, there are so many clubs who progressed in CL without doing well in Europe in previous years. Jose just said how it's impossible to progress without doing well in Europe in previous years. He then used Sevilla's Europa league performance to validate the claim when he was talking about CL tie.

roonster09

Scout
I think people wanted Jose sacked because he was a tiresome cnut who slagged off our club after the Sevilla game.
It's just cute though, just because Ole is not doing well somehow convinced Jose fans how he was the man to lead us to glory when we spent most time outside top 4 than in it. Spent all of first season in 6th place and below, spent all of 3rd season in 6th and below. Only second season we were 2nd all season.

Strelok

Exactly, I was still supporting him despite all the shit he pulled however his words after the Sevilla game was just too much ...

I still recall how angry I was when I read his comments after the game.

jackal&hyde

Exactly, I was still supporting him despite all the shit he pulled however his words after the Sevilla game was just too much ...

I still recall how angry I was when I read his comments after the game.
That plus losing the dressing room plus never being the right manager for us in terms of style of play. He left the club in a worst state then he found it imo and part of the rebuild now is to fix what he did wrong, from getting rid of some of the players he bought (Lukaku, Matic, Sanchez) to building up more fitness in to the squad for the modern game.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
A few wins isn't the point for me. I want to see the team coached like a quality coached would be. If that isn't happening there's no point in him being here. I'd say let's see wger were at in a few months time and meanwhile start the process of seeking a successor.

Mainoldo

Majority of internet fans? Slightly according to this site. Have a look at another I won’t name and it will be hugely in favour of Ole. Go to Old Trafford it will be hugely in favour of Ole.
Most people at Old Trafford are Ole out there just too p**sy to say it. I also don’t believe he has the backing of the board to last longer than a season especially if a manager like Poch gets sacked.

Mainoldo

You are wrong. After the Norwich game the mood is already shifting. If United win the next couple of games, and you are still "Ole out", you will not be in the majority. You are probable not in the majority already.
The mood is shifting because we beat ‘bottom’ of the table Norwich? I don’t think so... I think we are just happy we got a win. He’s already shown enough that he is not a good coach.

I in particular think if he does turn it round it will be down to him basically telling the lads to go do what they want. I’ll repeat if he last the full season he best get fourth.

roonster09

Scout
what's best for United is subjective
It is, having someone who won't shit on the club is something bare minimum we should expect from the guy who will lead the club. Having enough maturity to deal with adversity is one more minimum expectation.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
The mood is shifting because we beat ‘bottom’ of the table Norwich? I don’t think so... I think we are just happy we got a win. He’s already shown enough that he is not a good coach.

I in particular think if he does turn it round it will be down to him basically telling the lads to go do what they want. I’ll repeat if he last the full season he best get fourth.
No, people were happy we got a win playing good football. We're no longer missing half of our starting XI and lo' and beyond, the football improves. Who'd have thunk it?

TRUERED89

No, people were happy we got a win playing good football. We're no longer missing half of our starting XI and lo' and beyond, the football improves. Who'd have thunk it?
Whilst I agree with you, I don’t think ‘thunk’ is a word. Not for what you’re trying to say.. “Who’d have thought it” maybe ? :)

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Whilst I agree with you, I don’t think ‘thunk’ is a word. Not for what you’re trying to say.. “Who’d have thought it” maybe ? :)
Nah, it's an old term coined in the 30s used to express how unsurprising something is.

TrueRed79

3 wins in 15 PL games says you are coming across as slightly delusional. Anyone who witnessed the end of last season and the start of this with a keen eye will see that this is something that is already beyond him. I'm not wishing failure on him in any sense but a win against Norwich isn't going to change my opinion.

Judas

Open to offers
3 wins in 15 PL games says you are coming across as slightly delusional. Anyone who witnessed the end of last season and the start of this with a keen eye will see that this is something that is already beyond him. I'm not wishing failure on him in any sense but a win against Norwich isn't going to change my opinion.
Rightly or wrongly, he's probably not far away from telling the truth. I've been quite surprised and bemused by the mood shift after the Norwich game, its slight but its certainly noticeable.

Mainoldo

Half the squad? How many people came back exactly? :smirk:

Mainoldo

Rightly or wrongly, he's probably not far away from telling the truth. I've been quite surprised and bemused by the mood shift after the Norwich game, its slight but its certainly noticeable.
I think it’s natural it was a good performance and after being crap for so long you kind of get drawn into the fact that this team is incapable of doing a Norwich which the intelligent people know is not true.

The bigger picture is the guy is incapable of getting a set of ‘good players’ to play this way consistently which is where any fan with sense should be concerned.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
It’s used in a deliberately wrong way in the UK, slang, Kind of a cross between thought and think.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Most people at Old Trafford are Ole out there just too p**sy to say it. I also don’t believe he has the backing of the board to last longer than a season especially if a manager like Poch gets sacked.
You know whats in the heads of all the match travelling fans AND the board. You sir are a magician, i'd sell that talent to the highest bidder.