Solskjær sack watch | 2019/20 edition

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Half the squad? How many people came back exactly? :smirk:
Did I make any mention of the squad in the post you quoted? :confused:

De Gea, Shaw, Rashford, Pogba and Martial have all been unfit or injured in recent weeks. That’ll be disruptive to any team.

Hip Hop

This is a terrible post.. I truly hope he manages to get us up and runnin, dear me the state of this place.
Not worst than your post. I mean people have genuine reason to want him gone because of the terrible football we are playing as a team.

Judas

Open to offers
I wanted Jose sacked because we could all see the meltdown coming. The fact he finished 2nd didn't matter to me or many others, you could smell that the season coming up was going to be a write off.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Most people at Old Trafford are Ole out there just too p**sy to say it. I also don’t believe he has the backing of the board to last longer than a season especially if a manager like Poch gets sacked.
The Amazing Mainoldo and his/her wonderful mind-reading abilities.

You should go on stage.

Let me make an analogous statement to show how ridiculously bad the argument is in your own post. To be clear here I am criticising the post not the poster...

I reckon the Queen would like to declare herself a demi-god who has the right to determine whether each one of her subjects should be executed on the strength of her word alone - She's just too p**sy to say it.

TRUERED89

As bad as sevilla was it's just one game.
Just one game? The guy lost to almost everyone in the league at least once! Blamed everyone but himself. The cheek of the cnut to say United have lost before it doesn't matter if they go out! That's one of the dumbest things I've heard in life not just football! Literally like saying I've been shot in the head before so it doesn't matter if it happens again :houllier:

lysglimt

Scout
Most people at Old Trafford are Ole out there just too p**sy to say it. I also don’t believe he has the backing of the board to last longer than a season especially if a manager like Poch gets sacked.
What have we said about sniffing dieseloil before lunch ?

fallengt

Old Trafford crowd isn't smartest bunch of people on the planet anyway.
Their opinion is as good/bad as anyone's.

Mainoldo

Did I make any mention of the squad in the post you quoted? :confused:

De Gea, Shaw, Rashford, Pogba and Martial have all been unfit or injured in recent weeks. That’ll be disruptive to any team.
On Fifa? Pogba, Shaw and Martial have been our only long term absentees. Everyone else has been available infact add Pogba to that list. So I don’t see how that has meant we could only win 2 league games.

Mainoldo

The Amazing Mainoldo and his/her wonderful mind-reading abilities.

You should go on stage.

Let me make an analogous statement to show how ridiculously bad the argument is in your own post. To be clear here I am criticising the post not the poster...

I reckon the Queen would like to declare herself a demi-god who has the right to determine whether each one of her subjects should be executed on the strength of her word alone - She's just too p**sy to say it.
Bravo!! You Ole in our out?

Gasolin

On Fifa? Pogba, Shaw and Martial have been our only long term absentees. Everyone else has been available infact add Pogba to that list. So I don’t see how that has meant we could only win 2 league games.
Fred not ready and he is the one who frees up Scott to potentially push Pogba up, Pereira only recently has started to attack the space behind the 2 defensive lines of the opposition that gives us an edge when attacking because it forces the move of the whole team. Even then, against Liverpool, the others did not follow him and could not understand where he wanted to move the ball. It seems that against Norwich, that understanding is improving a bit more and they are moving accordingly. If they keep working on those automatism, the attacking side will get sorted and it's the hardest part. After that, we need to address the loss of focus in 2nd half. In any ways, I think sticking to Ole is the right plan at this point. We might need one or two more stars up front and in the middle to help us edge the win in difficult games.

Charles Ufarley

Well it's a funny world. There are people who supports ole when we sits on 15th but wants jose sacked for finishing 2nd
Jose deserved to be sacked for his behaviour all through the ill-fated third season. Up until his psychotic break he had been making forward progress.

ivaldo

:lol: So now you want to imagine Pogba has been available all this time? And apparently I’ve said that’s why we’ve only won 2 games? And your talk about squad availability when I clearly stated our starting XI. You could at least attempt to respond to what is actually written. Try to post reasonably and a few more people might just engage with you.

Even now we still have 7 players injured. No one is going to take you seriously if you can’t even accept we have had genuine injury problems just because it doesn’t conform to your enormous agenda.

Mainoldo

Fred not ready and he is the one who frees up Scott to potentially push Pogba up, Pereira only recently has started to attack the space behind the 2 defensive lines of the opposition that gives us an edge when attacking because it forces the move of the whole team. Even then, against Liverpool, the others did not follow him and could not understand where he wanted to move the ball. It seems that against Norwich, that understanding is improving a bit more and they are moving accordingly. If they keep working on those automatism, the attacking side will get sorted and it's the hardest part. After that, we need to address the loss of focus in 2nd half. In any ways, I think sticking to Ole is the right plan at this point. We might need one or two more stars up front and in the middle to help us edge the win in difficult games.
Okay mate. No do a same positive analysis piece on why we shouldn’t have sacked Moyes; LVG and Jose. Probably bring up points like Adnan Januazj, LVG’s good defensive work and how a Pogba and a Zlatan would have helped to create more chances in the final third... stuff like that.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Why? I wanted him sacked too. He was clearly about to have his meltdown and the summer confirmed it.
Two different things. No sane person wanted him sacked for finishing second. However many wanted him sacked even though he finished second.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Nope.

Liverpool game, chants around the ground for him before teams came out, as they came out, during game and after the final whistle.

Whether they're right to support him is another matter (you would clearly say not) but the support at OT was/is clear. No-one forces them to sing his name.

Mainoldo

Nope.

Liverpool game, chants around the ground for him before teams came out, as they came out, during game and after the final whistle.

Whether they're right to support him is another matter (you would clearly say not) but the support at OT was/is clear. No-one forces them to sing his name.
They would still sing Jose Mourinho. We are just a humble bunch. But we aren’t all stupid. There’s a difference.

Mainoldo

Two different things. No sane person wanted him sacked for finishing second. However many wanted him sacked even though he finished second.
Took me a couple reads to get that. But I think I follow and agree with you.

Mainoldo

:lol: So now you want to imagine Pogba has been available all this time? And apparently I’ve said that’s why we’ve only won 2 games? And your talk about squad availability when I clearly stated our starting XI. You could at least attempt to respond to what is actually written. Try to post reasonably and a few more people might just engage with you.

Even now we still have 7 players injured. No one is going to take you seriously if you can’t even accept we have had genuine injury problems just because it doesn’t conform to your enormous agenda.
Starting XI.. squad.. what difference does it make? Man City went 2/3 of the reason without KDB and won the league. Liverpool are currently top but Alisson has only played 3 games.. but you want to tell me our manager is suffering because of routine injuries?

Gweh.

They would still sing Jose Mourinho. We are just a humble bunch. But we aren’t all stupid. There’s a difference.
Nah, if they didn't rate Ole, they'd make all the chants about United only.... they CHOOSE to include Ole songs. And remember, it's the Stretford End who start almost all chants so you're saying they're (1) wrong and (2) pussies?

And the same point is relevant for the away fans. They definitely don't sing about anyone/anything they don't want to.

You don't like Ole that's clear.... that's your choice/opinion but don't generalise about 70k fans.

ivaldo

Starting XI.. squad.. what difference does it make? Man City went 2/3 of the reason without KDB and won the league. Liverpool are currently top but Alisson has only played 3 games.. but you want to tell me our manager is suffering because of routine injuries?

Gweh.
You don't know the difference between a squad player and a starter...

It's just strawman after strawman with you isn't it? Who compared our level to City's or Liverpool's? Who here, at any point, has suggested we would be at their level? Even in your examples, you've listed one player missing. We've had more injuries than anyone this season, we've had both fullbacks out injured, we've had our most creative player out injured, we've had our centre forward missing long term, we've had the like of DDG and Rashford miss games, with the latter player despite being unfit just because of a sheer lack of numbers. Not only that we've had our backup players missing. If you're so desperate to supply examples to qualify your strawman arguments, then give me a comparable to that, not where one player has been missing from a squad significantly better than ours. When you reply, actually do this. I'm noticed a theme with your posts. When you're put on the back foot to simply ignore it and steer the conversation in a direction that suits you, and not what was actually being discussed.

If you're going to continuously push this ridiculous agenda of yours, then at least do so in within the confines of an adult conversation. Reply to what's actually said, and not what you want to have been said.

Smores

Didn't think it would take long before people started blaming all our woes on injuries. At least it's not fitness this time i suppose.

Gweh.
So City had to 'make do' with Gundogan, Bernardo Silva, David Silva, Fernandinho, Sterling, Sane and Mahrez?!

Wow, it's a miracle they won anything with that threadbare midfield?

Treble

Injuries might be due not only to absence of luck but also to training methods. And the impact of the injuries might be serious because the squad was trimmed beyond reasonable limits.

The win against Norwich has bought Ole another month at the minimum. He won't be sacked even if the team fails to win the next 4 games. Another win vs Bournemouth or Brighton will buy him at least another two months. Basically, he is here to stay until Christmas at least. Which might not be a bad thing after all. Only time can tell.

Dve

3 wins in 15 PL games says you are coming across as slightly delusional. Anyone who witnessed the end of last season and the start of this with a keen eye will see that this is something that is already beyond him. I'm not wishing failure on him in any sense but a win against Norwich isn't going to change my opinion.
You know, interspection is not a great method for finding out what´s in other people´s heads. I have no doubt that YOU will want Ole out also if he wins the next few games, but the majority won´t. There is one poll here on the board that showed that even before the last 3 games, it´s pretty much 50/50 pro and against sacking Ole. After Liverpool and Norwich the mood is already lightening up a bit, and if you believe wins against Bournemouth and Brighton won´t have any effect, it should be pretty clear who´s the delusional one.

Mainoldo

So City had to 'make do' with Gundogan, Bernardo Silva, David Silva, Fernandinho, Sterling, Sane and Mahrez?!

Wow, it's a miracle they won anything with that threadbare midfield?
Do you remember when we was actually a good team and long term injures or suspension to players like Giggs, Keane and Rio meant we didn’t win the league.

Probably not which is why you come up with silly response like above.

Do you remember when we was actually a good team and long term injures or suspension to players like Giggs, Keane and Rio meant we didn’t win the league.

Yes I do. We had such a squad that we could manage with one or two injuries... just like City could (in your silly example).

You don't like Ole, we get it.

Keep digging.

(PS. Giggs is a silly example (when trying to compare to KDB). He played more than half of every PL season games apart from his last one. Injuries were much shorter silly Billy).

Last edited:

90 + 5min

Ignoring injuries on many starting players is never a good idea.

However, because you are clearly against Ole Gunnar Solskjaer (lot of threads) I do wonder one thing. What place in the table do you think is okey? Where you go from kick him out to give him a chance.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.

It's just strawman after strawman with you isn't it? Who compared our level to City's or Liverpool's? Who here, at any point, has suggested we would be at their level? Even in your examples, you've listed one player missing. We've had more injuries than anyone this season, we've had both fullbacks out injured, we've had our most creative player out injured, we've had our centre forward missing long term, we've had the like of DDG and Rashford miss games, with the latter player despite being unfit just because of a sheer lack of numbers. Not only that we've had our backup players missing. If you're so desperate to supply examples to qualify your strawman arguments, then give me a comparable to that, not where one player has been missing from a squad significantly better than ours. When you reply, actually do this. I'm noticed a theme with your posts. When you're put on the back foot to simply ignore it and steer the conversation in a direction that suits you, and not what was actually being discussed.

If you're going to continuously push this ridiculous agenda of yours, then at least do so in within the confines of an adult conversation. Reply to what's actually said, and not what you want to have been said.
I'd just ignore him. Last season he believed most of our team would start for City. And like he's said above no matter how well we do in the remainder of the season he'll give no credit to Solskjaer.

Gasolin

Okay mate. No do a same positive analysis piece on why we shouldn’t have sacked Moyes; LVG and Jose. Probably bring up points like Adnan Januazj, LVG’s good defensive work and how a Pogba and a Zlatan would have helped to create more chances in the final third... stuff like that.
Mate I get it that you don't like him and all but I think the games are different.

And for LVG, as a matter of fact, you could see the guy was training his players, it's just that he was hyper detail oriented (remember how he was rejoicing just because Herrera controlled the ball before scoring in a game instead of shooting right away?). LVG was maybe weird and all but his plans were clear, and he wanted all the players to follow. What happened was that the plan was just too complex and if you were not doing well, he could bombard your cell phone with videos to show what you did wrong and what you should do, etc... he was clearly capable, but the players couldn't follow. I think those things take a long time and if a whole team has to shift to that mind set, it might not be easy. One or two additions when a team is working, that's different. Also, he added a couple of things in term of team compactness, Smalling with LVG, was pushing up defenders to compress the field in order to facilitate the recuperation of the ball and all.

Jose, for me, had a different approach. I think he wasn't really training attackers, and focusing more on the defensive shape only. Attack was supposed to be flair apparently, so we went from a guy who was dictating how to be at every second on the pitch to a guy who didn't seem to care too much about attacking pattern. Maybe because our defensive record was not good? I don't know. It also seemed that we were not pressing high, maybe because we didn't want injuries, however, Jose asked the team to be compact. Only when we are compact that low on the pitch, we had too much to go for the goal. And in that setup, Smalling was shaky. But yeah, again, whatever happens, if we stuck with him, we could have seen progress as well.

I personally like Ole. The team is not delivering right now but Rashford recently say that they need to execute better what Ole is asking from them. I think Ole is a very pragmatic coach that is capable of expansive football, and he has shown it. Only, if the team doesn't allow for that, he will go a more realistic route. Yes his CV is not great but the work he has done in the previous teams are still documented and you can see how he works, how he improves teams. Maybe he would have been a better assistant, I don't know, but as of now, our options should be to make sure he can implement his ideas. If at the beginning of the winning streak, it was about free flow football with instinct, right now, it seems to be a mix of trained attacking pattern and flair when they see opportunities. The goal is to become unpredictable or less predictable so why not? The idea itself cannot be wrong. For the defensive pattern, he has tried to close down and counter press when the ball is lost, but not to persist and drop low if the ball is not caught on time. Maybe I am naive, but I like this club a lot and I still trust the vision Ole has.

Mainoldo

Manchester City lost Vincent Kompany, never replaced him.. sold another back up CB. Then had an injury hit season at the back meant Fernandinho and Rodri was there CB partnership to which even Rodri got injured.. But they are 2nd.

Is that comparable enough?:)

Mainoldo

I'd just ignore him. Last season he believed most of our team would start for City. And like he's said above no matter how well we do in the remainder of the season he'll give no credit to Solskjaer.
Zero credit at that.

ivaldo

Manchester City lost Vincent Kompany, never replaced him.. sold another back up CB. Then had an injury hit season at the back meant Fernandinho and Rodri was there CB partnership to which even Rodri got injured.. But they are 2nd.

Is that comparable enough?:)
No it isn’t. Try again, and maybe try to respond to the rest of the post while you’re at it.

Mainoldo

Mate I get it that you don't like him and all but I think the games are different.

And for LVG, as a matter of fact, you could see the guy was training his players, it's just that he was hyper detail oriented (remember how he was rejoicing just because Herrera controlled the ball before scoring in a game instead of shooting right away?). LVG was maybe weird and all but his plans were clear, and he wanted all the players to follow. What happened was that the plan was just too complex and if you were not doing well, he could bombard your cell phone with videos to show what you did wrong and what you should do, etc... he was clearly capable, but the players couldn't follow. I think those things take a long time and if a whole team has to shift to that mind set, it might not be easy. One or two additions when a team is working, that's different. Also, he added a couple of things in term of team compactness, Smalling with LVG, was pushing up defenders to compress the field in order to facilitate the recuperation of the ball and all.

Jose, for me, had a different approach. I think he wasn't really training attackers, and focusing more on the defensive shape only. Attack was supposed to be flair apparently, so we went from a guy who was dictating how to be at every second on the pitch to a guy who didn't seem to care too much about attacking pattern. Maybe because our defensive record was not good? I don't know. It also seemed that we were not pressing high, maybe because we didn't want injuries, however, Jose asked the team to be compact. Only when we are compact that low on the pitch, we had too much to go for the goal. And in that setup, Smalling was shaky. But yeah, again, whatever happens, if we stuck with him, we could have seen progress as well.

I personally like Ole. The team is not delivering right now but Rashford recently say that they need to execute better what Ole is asking from them. I think Ole is a very pragmatic coach that is capable of expansive football, and he has shown it. Only, if the team doesn't allow for that, he will go a more realistic route. Yes his CV is not great but the work he has done in the previous teams are still documented and you can see how he works, how he improves teams. Maybe he would have been a better assistant, I don't know, but as of now, our options should be to make sure he can implement his ideas. If at the beginning of the winning streak, it was about free flow football with instinct, right now, it seems to be a mix of trained attacking pattern and flair when they see opportunities. The goal is to become unpredictable or less predictable so why not? The idea itself cannot be wrong. For the defensive pattern, he has tried to close down and counter press when the ball is lost, but not to persist and drop low if the ball is not caught on time. Maybe I am naive, but I like this club a lot and I still trust the vision Ole has.
Fair play. I like the fact you actually broke all the managers down. You know your football too...

You’re right about Ole too.. but I can’t get with his pragmatism and I’ve feared and still do that although he has clear ideas.. there not good enough to be managing at this level.

Mainoldo

No it isn’t. Try again, and maybe try to respond to the rest of the post while you’re at it.
Why because I didn’t mention any players in the same positions as you have. So my argument is only valid if the scenario is exactly the same to what we have witnessed so therefore I’ll never have a valid argument?

To keep it plan and simple then. Injuries should never be an excuse in football. It’s lame, every club has injures.

Mainoldo

Ignoring injuries on many starting players is never a good idea.

However, because you are clearly against Ole Gunnar Solskjaer (lot of threads) I do wonder one thing. What place in the table do you think is okey? Where you go from kick him out to give him a chance.
I will never give him a chance. My mind is made up. He’s not good enough. But if I was the owner then he would deserve a full season as long as he continues to challenge for top 4. By challenge I mean actually being able to achieve it.

I think that’s fair.

SteveW

This. He's one of the only posters I've ever put on ignore. Completely useless. Without even seeing who it was I was able to guess who the argument must be with. Nothing is gained from trying to have a discussion with him.

ivaldo

Why because I didn’t mention any players in the same positions as you have. So my argument is only valid if the scenario is exactly the same to what we have witnessed so therefore I’ll never have a valid argument?

To keep it plan and simple then. Injuries should never be an excuse in football. It’s lame, every club has injures.
The fact you thing a comparison between City having injuries in one position and having an inarguably better squad than ours by far, just shows how delusional you are on the whole thing. They replaced Rodri with a £50mil CB to play CB in your very example ffs. :lol:

To keep it plain and simple: anyone who thinks injuries is not a mitigating circumstance when it comes to a teams performance is being wilfully ignorant in order to push an agenda. Anyone who then tries to draw comparisons with teams comfortably better than ours and who’s injuries aren’t as bad as ours, can only be a WUM.