Solskjær sack watch | 2019/20 edition

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
Issue is that Allegri is the only real option out there and we all know that this is not the type of manager we need.

Yes we need a Klopp or Guardiola at United. We missed them both, but also missed so many opportunities elsewhere.

I want Ole to be sacked as we all see that he's no good enough, but I don't really know that if Allegri comes in, he will do much better with the likes Pereira, Young, Lingard, and co

We are a sh** run club, with sh** owners, sh** CEO, sh** manager and staff and sh** players

Alabaster Codify7

Ole is 100% getting the sack. Woody cares about his image as the top dog at man utd.

He'll be sacked in a very 'United way' funny enough - in a shambolic manner leaving us completely in limbo for yet another season.

A proactive board would look at our current situation and see the writing on the wall, and part ways with Ole now. A new manager isn't going to get us the title, nor is it a given they'd get us top 4. But a better manager would at least have us challenging for top 4 with this squad which is no better than 4th place in terms of quality.

As it stands Ole told the fans we'd be lucky to finish in the top 6 this season. He's on track to have us finishing much lower than that - that is all you need to know, he needs to go before any more damage is done.

But No.

He'll be fired in March when we're 12th and mathematically impossible to finish in the top 4.

The United Way.

Roboc7

It isn't. We are in November. We have more games to play than we have played already. We can salavage something if we get an interim who is tactically astute. Ole is just useless as a manager.
But we won’t do that just like we won’t spend money in January. This season is a write off.

We’ll stick with Ole until there is no other option. It’s the Moyes season all over again and it may well be dragged out just as long. The club is run by people who don’t know what to do whether manager stays or goes. Sticking with whoever is in charge and hoping for the best is all they know.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Issue is that Allegri is the only real option out there and we all know that this is not the type of manager we need.

Yes we need a Klopp or Guardiola at United. We missed them both, but also missed so many opportunities elsewhere.

I want Ole to be sacked as we all see that he's no good enough, but I don't really know that if Allegri comes in, he will do much better with the likes Pereira, Young, Lingard, and co

We are a sh** run club, with sh** owners, sh** CEO, sh** manager and staff and sh** players[/QUOTE]

With top notch fans though. Obviously

Foxbatt

Yes by the time they sack him all the decent managers would already have been lined up by other clubs anyway so we would again miss the bus. Trust Woodward to feck it up every time.

USREDEVIL

Yes by the time they sack him all the decent managers would already have been lined up by other clubs anyway so we would again miss the bus. Trust Woodward to feck it up every time.
I'm not for Ole out yet, but if we aren't actively analyzing who should/could replace him (and even potentially having some small conversations) then this clubs is run by fools.

RedAlways78

It’s not a sprint it’s a marathon. We need to trust in Ole. Give him time.

By Christmas 2020. If we are not looking like a top 4 side then it’s time to go.

Greck

I'm not for Ole out yet, but if we aren't actively analyzing who should/could replace him (and even potentially having some small conversations) then this clubs is run by fools.
It became obvious when they abandoned their plans and made him permanent because of fan pressure. Our board don't have a shred of football wisdom. Imagine succumbing to something that silly

Cathy Ferguson

Get Pogba fit and play him in the role that Andreas is now playing. Pogba might not be as good in the pressing game but he will bring goals and creativity to the side.

If we then can get at least one quality signing in January such as Håland or a midfielder who offers more creativity than Fred then I think we can challenge for top 6 or even top 4, depending on if we can get our act together soon. Ole is right that margins are fine eg Maguire's miss against Newcastle, the early misses this weekend, Rojo's defending against Pool and so on. Pogba and one quality signing will improve us, but can Woody get it right?

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW

By Christmas 2020. If we are not looking like a top 4 side then it’s time to go.
So write off two seasons on the assumption that Ole will somehow become good enough?

pacifictheme

This has got to be a piss take. There has been no progress to style of play and results have gotten worse.

Lee565

Watching Chelsea and Leicester shows how badly Ole got it wrong with pushing lukaku out of the door in favour of trying to make rashford our number 9, he deserves far more criticism than he has escaped with this decision. Chelsea and Leicester are playing with strikers that are told to stay high up the pitch and not to get involved in the build up play as it's not exactly one of their strengths but still these teams play far better football than what we do with our "fluid" front 3 and vardy and abraham are banging in the goals.

AshRK

The problem with that is we would have wasted 2 full seasons just to see if Ole is good enough or not. I don't think he is good enough but just for his own benefit I would give him this January transfer window to bring in some players and see how he goes on from there. I think top 4 is gone this season unless we start winning games consistently. If we do not improve drastically then he has to go at the end of the season. He cannot be getting another season to manage if we finish 10th or somewhere like that.

passing-wind

Definitely must be on a wind up. Ole doesn't even deserve to see out December let alone a whole nother league campaign. He's finished.

Judas

Open to offers
Imagine any other big team being in the wreck we're currently in and their fans saying "give him till christmas next year!" you just wouldn't see it.

We've mocked the Real white hanky waving for so long, but its a lot better for the club than this sort of shite.

Water Melon

I genuinely believe that half of "give Ole time" posters are opposition supporters who pretent to be United fans. What a time to be alive for them.

soapythecat

Failure to win tonight and I think a defeat against Brighton will see him gone.
I doubt even the board at United will tolerate such negative football with the players currently available.
He has to set us up more attacking tonight, surely.

romufc

Failure to win tonight and I think a defeat against Brighton will see him gone.
I doubt even the board at United will tolerate such negative football with the players currently available.
He has to set us up more attacking tonight, surely.
Famous last words.

I think he tries to set us up attacking but I am not sure he does he hard work in training for it to work in game.

MonkeysMagic

For a teamm so poorly coached, we are not miraculously going to transform and play attacking football.

That comes with strategic planning, repetitive drills and attacking mentality. All of which we seem to lack and our manager setting his stall out 'to play counter attacking football'. If he hadn't told all and sundry that's what he had planned to do perhaps we might have done well till NY but as it is, que managers setting their team to sit deep and throw our one-trick pony on his backside!

TRUERED89

We are a sh** run club, with sh** owners, sh** CEO, sh** manager and staff and sh** players
I’ll see you next season in the championship! :)

Redtings

It became obvious when they abandoned their plans and made him permanent because of fan pressure. Our board don't have a shred of football wisdom. Imagine succumbing to something that silly
The same type of fan pressure that’s calling for his sack?

;)

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Ole was a master piece.Thanks to him all critics coming from top reds and former players had been silenced and the club could lower expectations. Now the Glazers keep raking profits in peace while everyone keeps mumbling about long term plans, United way and patience

AFC NimbleThumb

Ole was a master piece.Thanks to him all critics coming from top reds and former players had been silenced and the club could lower expectations. Now the Glazers keep raking profits in peace while everyone keeps mumbling about long term plans, United way and patience
Was called a conspiracy theorist when I said this weeks ago.

It’s so bloody obvious, hire a fan favourite & let him trade off former glories.

OgS was a very good player for the club & for that he deserves credit; his management of the team has been. . . underwhelming.

Any manager by another name is out on his arse by now.

Judas

Open to offers
The same type of fan pressure that’s calling for his sack?

;)
Not even comparable. There was overwhelming calling for him to get the job from fans and media. Right now media aren't calling for his head, and Ole gets his name sung throughout our games even when we're shite. There is practically no fan pressure on him right now bizarrely.

devilish

Was called a conspiracy theorist when I said this weeks ago.

It’s so bloody obvious, hire a fan favourite & let him trade off former glories.

OgS was a very good player for the club & for that he deserves credit; his management of the team has been. . . underwhelming.

Any manager by another name is out on his arse by now.
Exactly

devilish

Ole needs two more windows. Then we can judge him. He’s bought really well.
So give him a scouting job then. Managers are judged by their management, their tactics and by results

AFC NimbleThumb

Ole needs two more windows. Then we can judge him. He’s bought really well.
He has not bought ‘really well’.

We paid at the top end of the scale for 2 players that have glaring weaknesses [Maguire pace; AWB offensive play] in their game & bought a lad for £15mil from the Championship who we now rely on cause we actually didn’t buy well in attacking/midfield areas.

I’m a fan of all 3 signings but honestly we haven’t hit one out of the park, James is probably been the best signing of the lot but proper squad composition sees him as an impact sub, not our whole right side in attack.