Solskjaer and Woodwards plan - When will it start, and is there even one?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
With the news that we are "considering' Van De Beek, it just screams of another press briefing.

Surely by now, Ole had the whole summer window to think of players he wants, what has Woodward/Judge and the scouting team been doing since then?

We've had 4/5 months since the summer and now we're still only "considering" players? we should know exactly who we want and going at them with everything we have.

We desperately need new players but we will be fed the usual BS about it being hard to get people in January.

It feels pretty clear we are working on a cost cut budget recently, and the Glazers are trying to find miracles on the cheap.

If this "plan' is try to sign one Sancho / Maddison / Grealish in the summer and hope for the best, then god help us.

L1nk

With the news that we are "considering' Van De Beek, it just screams of another press briefing.

Surely by now, Ole had the whole summer window to think of players he wants, what has Woodward/Judge and the scouting team been doing since then?

We've had 4/5 months since the summer and now we're still only "considering" players? we should know exactly who we want and going at them with everything we have.

We desperately need new players but we will be fed the usual BS about it being hard to get people in January.

It feels pretty clear we are working on a cost cut budget recently, and the Glazers are trying to find miracles on the cheap.

If this "plan' is try to sign one Sancho / Maddison / Grealish in the summer and hope for the best, then god help us.
No it's not a press briefing by Woodward, just ask the people in the Van De Beek thread, even though the evidence of it happening multiple times over multiple seasons is right there.

It's January and we're paper thin, targets should have been "considered" months ago, if we're only considering them now then it's a complete joke.

Seij

Woodward's plan is to keep a yes-man manager as long as possible and maximize the profit for himself and the owners.

Ole's plan is to keep his 7.5M/yr job as long as possible and maintain a good relationship with his employer and his players.

Quite honestly, they're actually doing very well with their plans to date.

izec

I think we start once the window opens. That is why we never make serious moves before the transfer window opens, while other clubs agree deals way before it. We also can only do a deal at a time these days, 3 summer signings is quite a lot for us it seems. We are where we are for a reason, not by accident.

Adam-Utd

No it's not a press briefing by Woodward, just ask the people in the Van De Beek thread, even though the evidence of it happening multiple times over multiple seasons is right there.

It's January and we're paper thin, targets should have been "considered" months ago, if we're only considering them now then it's a complete joke.
This is mainly why I made the thread, WTF are we needing to consider by now? Everybody has known what Van De Beek can offer since last year, we either fancy him or we don't.

It's just another feed for the papers to take the noise away from us getting spanked at home, but nothing will become of it.

Adam-Utd

I think we start once the window opens. That is why we never make serious moves before the transfer window opens, while other clubs agree deals way before it. We also can only do a deal at a time these days, 3 summer signings is quite a lot for us it seems. We are where we are for a reason, not by accident.
This is what I feel like also. We never sign somebody on the first day or first week like an organized club would do. It's always last week / last day scrambling around for bargains. Pathetic management.

klsv

As tired as I am of this "considering" and "preparing a bid", I would still hope it's part of the rumor mill still. If a journo puts their name under a rumor piece that hasn't been a briefing from the club, they will want to use these expressions, if they say for certain "United to buy this or that player", they will end up looking more stupid.

redshaw

The "palm our players off to Italy to reduce the wage bill and try to stay in the top 10 plan" is in full effect mate.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Woodward's plan is to keep a yes-man manager as long as possible and maximize the profit for himself and the owners.

Ole's plan is to keep his 7.5M/yr job as long as possible and maintain a good relationship with his employer and his players.

Pretty much this.Then honestly won’t be surprised if they replace Ole with Giggs to keep the cycle going on longer.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Saha, Vidic, Evra and van Dijk all moved in the January window so I agree this is absolute BS and the club need to be called out on it. Especially Woodward as it seems to be his favourite phrase.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.

This.

The very notion of actually sitting and considering Ed fecking Woodward and Ole Solksjaer's 'Grand Football Master Plan' is an insult to your own intelligence.

They're clearly just trying to coast as long as possible with a broken club and milk as much out of it each as possible.

Any signings will only be made to try and appease fans, and keep pressure off themselves - there is no serious football ambition at the club anymore.

soapythecat

We all moan about Woodward and say he’s the biggest culprit in our current situation, but what has any United fan done other than give him a wet willy? Nothing.
The banner flown over OT was a joke - achieved nothing but more mocking from opposition fans.
He gets away with footballing murder yet doesn’t even get a harsh chant at OT.
I’m a Glasgow resident these days so my ability to do anything vocal or physical (protest with banner for example) is pretty much none existent. If I lived in London, I’d be making a right noise outside his house.
He needs to feel the heat and I wish there was something I could do.
Suggestions?

Josep Dowling

This.

The very notion of actually sitting and considering Ed fecking Woodward and Ole Solksjaer's 'Grand Football Master Plan' is an insult to your own intelligence.

They're clearly just trying to coast as long as possible with a broken club and milk as much out of it each as possible.

Any signings will only be made to try and appease fans, and keep pressure off themselves - there is no serious football ambition at the club anymore.
I don’t like Ole as manager but I’m sure his heart is in the right place.

I just want a manager who leaves the job to come out and admit whole heartedly Woodward is the problem. He seems to be protected by everyone in the game. Even Neville directs all the blame on Pogba when he hasn’t played all season.

Why is Woodward so immune for criticism from the media?

SER19

The threadbare, simplistic assertions in this thresd, and across the forum as a whole at the minute, are truly fecking embarrassing and cringeworthy.

I say this as someone who wants to see Woodward booted to oblivion.

Stop with the half baked nonsense theories

Irrational.

They will keep briefing the media with juicy tidbits and soundbites to keep the fans, who they treat like loyal dogs with ADHD, onside.

Drew at home to managerless Everton? Look everyone, Haaland's on a plane to Manchester!!

Been embarrassed and taught a footballing lesson by City? Hey look! We're 'seriously considering' Van de Beek!

Anything to distract us from the piss poor performances on the pitch and make us think Ole & co. will pull something out of the bag.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
I don’t like Ole as manager but I’m sure his heart is in the right place.

I just want a manager who leaves the job to come out and admit whole heartedly Woodward is the problem. He seems to be protected by everyone in the game. Even Neville directs all the blame on Pogba when he hasn’t played all season.

Why is Woodward so immune for criticism from the media?
££££

They're paid off to shut up and direct the ire of the masses elsewhere - Pogba, Mourinho, other fans who are complaining on social media etc.

Why else wouldn't there be article after article detailing his literally comedic level of incompetence...?

Why else would no pundit consistently target Woodward...?

You think those articles wouldn't get clicks!? Of course they would - they'd be read by everyone.

You think that pundit wouldn't get respect!? Again, of course they would.

As someone who's worked closely with PR / press companies in the past, I assure you - Woodward protects himself by buying favour in the press.

Last edited:

Josep Dowling

££££

They're paid off to shut up and direct the ire of the masses elsewhere - Pogba, Mourinho, other fans who are complaining on social media etc.

Why else wouldn't there be article after article detailing his literally comedic level of incompetence...?

Why else would no pundit consistently target Woodward...?

You think those articles wouldn't get clicks!? Of course they would - they'd be read by everyone.

You think that pundit wouldn't get respect!? Again, of course they would.

As someone who's worked closely with PR / press companies in the past, I assure you - Woodward protects himself by buying favour in the press.
Why and how though? I’m genuinely interested.

Why would Gary Neville not come out and say it as it is. I don’t think he’s ever directly blamed Woodward without calling it ‘board decisions’ or ‘above the manager isn’t right’. Is Woodward going to sue for reputational damages?

It’s quite clear who’s the biggest problem at the club.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins

Why do you see a tweet that we are 'considering' a bid for any player and form opinions based on a rumour? We are looking at a dozen potential signings this window

The Bloody-Nine

Woodward's plan is to persevere to the death with a guy who hasn't got a clue, and who should never have been appointed in the first place. Because the alternative is to sack him and admit to yet another huge ballsup on his part. It's self preservation at this point.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I mean seriously guys, this whole thread is based on transfer rumours and your reactions to them. Just another invitation for everyone to vent their anger. Was it really necessary? There are enough places here to do that.

ravi2

Cant add much to this, good post.

Adam-Utd

Why do you see a tweet that we are 'considering' a bid for any player and form opinions based on a rumour? We are looking at a dozen potential signings this window
Because the press are announcing it, it's clearly a leak. Just like the Gedson Fernandes news it's either agent leaked or by Woodward.

Considering the timing it's pretty obviously something to keep the fans quiet.

Cardboard elk

Supports
Rosenborg
condescending mushroom eating consipracy theoretical fans many of you. Go to sleep. If someone have "no clue" it would be the lot of you sorry unintelligent fecks.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Because the press are announcing it, it's clearly a leak. Just like the Gedson Fernandes news it's either agent leaked or by Woodward.

Considering the timing it's pretty obviously something to keep the fans quiet.
99% of press 'scoops' are fed to them by agents.

It's not even close to being obvious that this is some leak to appease the fans. That's just something you are choosing to believe because you want to. If it was true, its complete lunacy to think that this would make anyone feel better about a defeat

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
condescending mushroom eating consipracy theoretical fans many of you. Go to sleep. If someone have "no clue" it would be the lot of you sorry unintelligent fecks.
Best post in this whole thread

Tarrou

I think Woodward’s plan is to keep costs to a minimum whilst still being profitable. It’s working like a charm.

mattsville

The threadbare, simplistic assertions in this thresd, and across the forum as a whole at the minute, are truly fecking embarrassing and cringeworthy.

I say this as someone who wants to see Woodward booted to oblivion.

Stop with the half baked nonsense theories
Agreed, this place is almost like an oppo fan site, the lack of intelligent fair posts, long term vision and patience is incredible.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Top 4 is realistic considering the competition.

If the owners want to feck it all up and have another year of Europa gates then feck them. they only were good owners because of Fergie and Giggs and Scholes still being good into their 30s.

we need more class. Not just English players either.

Denis' cuff

Exactly. Ole, Fergie, woo woo (never mind the players) all complicit in their silence whilst trousering what would be a lottery win for most of us. Every week. Of course, the only omission in your post, the owners, for whom the aforementioned carry out the plan, whilst getting paid a fortune.

There's only one way to stop this: STOP GOING and stop subsidising this rape of the club. Will never happen.

Last edited:

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
Love the title, I needed a good laugh tonight :lol:

Being completely honest, I think these boys had a more realistic plan...

pascell

I think it was back in Novemeber (I could be wrong on the month) that Woodward hosted the conference call with investors, after reading up on that, I knew we weren't signing anyone in January and Ole has dropped it in a few press conferences too.

If we're sticking by Ole (most likely scenario) I hope to god we have started to make inroads with signings for summer because we have a very narrow window to sign players between them going to the Euros and the window closing.

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
We’re in the clear out phase. Strip back to bare plaster then make good and redecorate rather than trying to paper over the cracks.

Denis' cuff

Agreed, this place is almost like an oppo fan site, the lack of intelligent fair posts, long term vision and patience is incredible.
Oh right. The plan is working.

If you lose a tooth and put it under your pillow, you will wake up a wealthy man.

I do believe Ole is doing his best and probably has Fergie to lean on. Under any other owners I'd have some patience and optimism. But we have the Glazers hiding away in Florida.

Adam-Utd

99% of press 'scoops' are fed to them by agents.

It's not even close to being obvious that this is some leak to appease the fans. That's just something you are choosing to believe because you want to. If it was true, its complete lunacy to think that this would make anyone feel better about a defeat
Woodward has a history of doing this. You're being very naïve if you think this was an accident.

Andersons Dietician

Just saw that Van Der Beek tweet with the “considering” part and although I’m sure that bit is just paper speak could you imagine if it was true. You would think if the transfer window is open and you’re only just considering someone then you already screwed up.

Should have plans and be working on them months in advance. The only other reason would be if you’ve had encouragement for someone you previously thought unattainable.

mattsville

Oh right. The plan is working.

If you lose a tooth and put it under your pillow, you will wake up a wealthy man.

I do believe Ole is doing his best and probably has Fergie to lean on. Under any other owners I'd have some patience and optimism. But we have the Glazers hiding away in Florida.
It is a LONG TERM plan, that means it is not going to happen now, it is frustrating I get it, but there has been a lot of positives amongst the obvious negatives, the club has changed it's tact on sacking managers not getting top 4, Ole will be the manager next season, the only thing that will change that is poor body language on the pitch and that has not been the case, ride it out he will get the players he wants after giving those he was not certain about a chance, bear in mind you have a very intelligent guy who bleeds Manchester United and wants and knows what is best for us LONG TERM.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Not sure Ole is in on any plan Woodward and the Glazers have - and whatever that plan is, it won’t be prioritising football success anyway.

Is the end goal for the Glazers still to sell the club? Or was that never the intention whilst the revenues are this high? If so, then the terrible way we are run might make a bit of sense, maybe... but I can’t see a sale of the club being on the cards (never believed the Saudi BS) so this must be how they think they can run United with the best balance concerning expenditure vs. return.

Whatever the plan is, we the supporters are fecked.

Kopral Jono

Good summary, thank you.