Solskjaer confirmed Maguire will be the new club captain

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
He's England captain on the pitch as well, far more vocal than Kane.
I'll never agree with a forward being the captain of any team. The CB is the most natural position to command his teammates in set piece situations and lead from the back.

If need be a standout commanding midfielder like Keane, but preferably a true leader like Rio, Vidic, Maguire, etc. Players that command the field through presence are all captain material

0le

I'll never agree with a forward being the captain of any team. The CB is the most natural position to command his teammates in set piece situations and lead from the back.

If need be a standout commanding midfielder like Keane, but preferably a true leader like Rio, Vidic, Maguire, etc. Players that command the field through presence are all captain material
To be fair, at the time there were not many stand out choices:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_FIFA_World_Cup_squads#England

Fun fact: Phil Jones made the squad for the world cup.

Yagami

Good post resistant
So chuffed we got him. Him at City playing Pep-ball would've been devastating with the way he carries and passes the ball.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
Ronaldo will get those players into shape lickety split. There is nobody more important than Ronaldo. NOBODY!

MrEleson

Ronaldo doesn’t need that captain’s armband band. He will be the leader by actions and example anyway.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
If Ole was looking for a new captain I would say yes but it would be wrong to take it away from Maguire now. Ronaldo will boss people about without the armband anyway.

SoCross

If Ole was looking for a new captain I would say yes but it would be wrong to take it away from Maguire now. Ronaldo will boss people about without the armband anyway.
Assistant Manager too.

Can’t wait to see him !

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Harry Maguire has become more and more of an actual leader, despite some fans fawning over Bruno being the one true LeaderGod. Of course he will remain the Skipper until he's no longer fit for service