Solskjaer should resign now to retain his great legacy at Utd...

Red_toad

He has always maintained that the club comes first, and now is the time to show whether he means it or not.

He's way out of his depth here, we all know it. He isn't turning this around.

The Glazers / Woodward are inept, negligent owners, possibly looking to sell and are always reactionary - if they aren't capable of doing their jobs at this point, then Ole should do what's right for Manchester United, the great club that gave him the platform to create a legendary legacy.

He needs to walk away. Put the spotlight back onto the owners and retain his legacy.
How would resigning be putting the club first? We’ll end up with Carrick as manager for the rest of the season, there will be no more smiles and all doom and gloom. Ole is the man for the job until the owners get a better manager in. We all know it’ll be a coach stepping up if he goes, none of the are inspirational in any way.
Unless he steps aside for a better manager in my opinion it’s not going to get any better, it’ll get even worse and the Caf will become a no go zone.
Ole’s legecy at United is fine, only an overly dramatic twinkle would think otherwise.

SAFMUTD

For me he has already lost his great legacy, of course as a player what he did wont be forgotten, but he’s the worst manager we’ve had and he is sinking us further into mediocrity, for me he has not enough merits to do this and be able to walk away as if nothing happened, he has seriously damage his image.

Red Stone

Ole's a legend no matter how badly this team plays and nothing will change that. I have nothing but love and respect for the bloke. Even if he's not a good enough coach for a club with our ambitions, that's just a symptom of our problems, not the cause. Three other managers failed before him because of the clowns making decisions at the level above them. This mess is 100% on Woodward and the Glazers.

knot_buzz

If/when he is sacked I don't see much changing look how the club is run.

You also can't take away what he did for us on the pitch.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Ole's time is kind of in line with Daglish 2nd time at Liverpool. Same legend status, did great on few first months at the beginning. Have fetish for overpaid British players. Eventually screw up on 2nd season in charge.

Morpheus 7

Nice man out of his depth, being ultra positive and not questioning ambition of the owners won't save him. Poor man is as defeated and morphing in to David Moyes.

Hawks2008

The man has gambled the health of Pogba, McTominay and Rashford to save his skin this season, you think he would dream of retiring?

croadyman

You have lost a game guys, over reaction?
Let me tell you it is much more than just losing a bloody league game, our recruitment has been absolutely diabolical for the last seven years. We have had owners that have just milked the club dry for their own gains these last 15 years. Our coaches look like absolute amateurs and are the main reason that we have conceded the most league goals from set pieces this season. Oh yeah and a manager who looks to me like he hasn't got it in him to change the momentum of a game when we are losing.

Finally we have an absolute joke of a CEO in place who is totally clueless and is also unwilling to relinquish any control of transfers for the good of the club because the egotistical prat is drunk with power and has caused this club so much long term damage that could take years to repair.

Amerifan

Ole won’t be sacked. When it’s time for him to leave he will resign. That won’t happen until a top manager is available to us.

ariveded

Yes, never understood this. Ole talks about his love for the club yet wants to be sacked, rather than accept his own failure and resign.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
It would be a noble thing to do but at the same everyone knows he's not going to manage any semi-decent football team once he's done here, like at all. So for someone in his position he would want to be in this job for as long as possible.

Red_toad

He should resign immediately, he hasn’t ruined his legacy just yet and he’ll have pocketed a ridiculous amount of money for being a glorified cheerleader. It’s time to move on.
And after he’s gone. Come on tell us what will change?

Hamadovich86

Impossible to tarnish his legacy as a player. The fact that he his failing is not only down to him but down to Woodward mainly. LVG/Mourinho were vastly more experienced and decorated managers yet they still failed under this shite regime we have at United.

Red_toad

Not a chance he will throw away millions by leaving on his own. Ed got us into this he will need to sort out.
He threw millions away at his testimonial. Feckin shame on the fans who think he’s motivated by money. I’m amazed at how people smear him. You have no idea at all about him as a person.

buckooo1978

I argued in the Summer that Solskjaer should have walked in the Summer when he wasnt backed in the transfer market

he was never going to succeed given squad issues and what a powerful message it would have sent about the Glazers

it's his dream job though.... so understand him not

Solskjaer's reputation as a manager is in tatters and he will never get a PL job again.

He'll forever be a United legend though - I dont see that changing

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Nothing he does as a manager will tarnish his legacy as a player, amazing how the same posters who said "Posters should learn to differentiate Ole the player and Ole the manager" can;'t differentiate now.

He should resign or woodward should sack him, this is as bad as Moyes season.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
What is his legacy exactly? A good player who was happy to be sub for the sake of the team, a player who scored the winner in the UCL final. A man who never caused any ripples because he was happy doing what he did.

All good IMO but not the qualifications to make him the coach of a great club. He's not ruthless, wants to be liked,uninspiring(witness him sitting on the bench when we're losing). SAF used to show his temper. There is no fear there with Ole. He needs to go back to managing 3rd tier clubs in Europe

ElDiabloRojo

What is his legacy exactly? A good player who was happy to be sub for the sake of the team, a player who scored the winner in the UCL final. A man who never caused any ripples because he was happy doing what he did.

All good IMO but not the qualifications to make him the coach of a great club. He's not ruthless, wants to be liked,uninspiring(witness him sitting on the bench when we're losing). SAF used to show his temper. There is no fear there with Ole. He needs to go back to managing 3rd tier clubs in Europe
He is a nice guy who never caused any trouble. Was always ready and scored a heap of goals.

As a manager he hasn't got the ruthless streak required to fix this pile of sh1t and Woody knows that.

He needs to fall on his sword and quit, today, and take the entire coaching staff with him.

Enigma_87

You know who
Nothing he does as a manager will tarnish his legacy as a player, amazing how the same posters who said "Posters should learn to differentiate Ole the player and Ole the manager" can;'t differentiate now.

He should resign or woodward should sack him, this is as bad as Moyes season.
It's worse.

But we haven't reached the bottom yet. With Rashford sidelined and again congested schedule soon we will be keeping Burnley company if we keep him for another month.

BlahRules

Ole won’t be sacked. When it’s time for him to leave he will resign. That won’t happen until a top manager is available to us.
You do realise Ole himself believes he is a top manager. He would not resign and would cover Glazers and Woodward flaws while they keep him in charge.

Woodward would only sack him when everyone starts shouting for Ole to be sacked.

roonster09

Scout
It's worse.

But we haven't reached the bottom yet. With Rashford sidelined and again congested schedule soon we will be keeping Burnley company if we keep him for another month.
Its not worse, we were reigning champions winning 5 league titles in 7 years and losing 2 with just a point and GD. From there to 7th was such a worse season.

Giggsforever

He is struggling. But he is building a team at least and have to correct the mistakes from 3 managers before him. The players he is letting go/on their way out (Lingard is on his way out as well) is the right ones, If he can recruit the right players this window and in the summer I would want to see him one more season. That would be make or break at least.

MiracleInMadrid

How would resigning be putting the club first? We’ll end up with Carrick as manager for the rest of the season, there will be no more smiles and all doom and gloom. Ole is the man for the job until the owners get a better manager in. We all know it’ll be a coach stepping up if he goes, none of the are inspirational in any way.
Unless he steps aside for a better manager in my opinion it’s not going to get any better, it’ll get even worse and the Caf will become a no go zone.
Ole’s legecy at United is fine, only an overly dramatic twinkle would think otherwise.
Exactly what I think. Maybe he thinks that running away from the mess will not solve anything. Maybe he has as little faith in the people above him to find the right man if he resigns, as we have. If that is the case, the best thing for the club from his perspective is to stay and try to push the club in a healthy direction instead of letting it be up to Woodward.

That being said, I still think that he needs to go. Bloody hope that the club has a plan for when to sack him, or how to react if he resigns.

Enigma_87

You know who
Its not worse, we were reigning champions winning 5 league titles in 7 years and losing 2 with just a point and GD. From there to 7th was such a worse season.
After 24 games we had 40 points and were 15 off the top, 16 better than the 14th placed team.

In a season where the top teams are going through transition and we are 4 points away from 14th placed team is a lot worse.

Moyes inherited a champions team but it was an aging team that we only strengthened with Fellaini. Rio retired a year later, Vidic retired a year later, Carrick had couple of seasons more in him until he also retired, van Persie ditto.

For all the excuses Ole is getting, that championship winning team needed a major rebuilt and it was their swan song in Fergie's last season.

roonster09

Scout
After 24 games we had 40 points and were 15 off the top, 16 better than the 14th placed team.

In a season where the top teams are going through transition and we are 4 points away from 14th placed team is a lot worse.

Moyes inherited a champions team but it was an aging team that we only strengthened with Fellaini. Rio retired a year later, Vidic retired a year later, Carrick had couple of seasons more in him until he also retired, van Persie ditto.

For all the excuses Ole is getting, that championship winning team needed a major rebuilt and it was their swan song in Fergie's last season.
You are not getting the point. From THE best team in PL to lowest of low. Now we are a team that struggle to finish in top 4.

The team Moyes inherited was smashing every team in the league just few months back. It was his incompetent methods that led to break up of that team.

Roboc7

And after he’s gone. Come on tell us what will change?
Probably not a lot but we’ll have a better manager, owners are here to stay and so if Woodward. Manager can be changed and no one can make a sensible argument that we can’t get a better manager than Ole.

Camilo

Ole might not be the greatest manager on the planet, and in Poch there may be an objectively better manager available, but it's the squad depth that's really letting us down right now.

Rashford, Pogba and McTomminay are very important players, and we have no cover for them. With another 3 or 4 player-in window and a bit of luck with Pogba we could have our best looking, most coherent squad in years.. If the players are happy I'd keep him for the season for certain.

Enigma_87

You know who
You are not getting the point. From THE best team in PL to lowest of low. Now we are a team that struggle to finish in top 4.
I got that, but from 6th till 14th is even lower than that.

And we can definitely get there in months time. Moyes was doing awful, but give it enough time and Ole will break every record there is, especially now with Rashford sidelined.

roonster09

Scout
I got that, but from 6th till 14th is even lower than that.

And we can definitely get there in months time. Moyes was doing awful, but give it enough time and Ole will break every record there is, especially now with Rashford sidelined.
I disagree. Moyes was worst, there is nothing anyone can do that can beat him unless they finish in lower half or flirt with relegation.

Also 6th to 14th is not worse. 6th means you are already inconsistent team. From champions to 7th is bigger fall. Just don't go by difference in numbers.

Enigma_87

You know who
I disagree. Moyes was worst, there is nothing anyone can do that can beat him unless they finish in lower half or flirt with relegation.
But you do agree that squad he inherited needed a major rebuild? Championship squad is very misleading given the context.

He was a shite manager and shite appointment and it was clear from the off(just like Solskjaer was), but it was also the first year Woodward at helm that ended up in one of the worst transfer windows too.

Obviously he should've done better, but the squad wasn't all that.

Thiagoal

You need to separate Ole the player from Ole the manager! In my mind, they are in no way interlinked and this Ole the player will only ever be an absolute legend!

Let’s be honest you can’t even hate Ole the manager as he’s a thoroughly nice bloke that is giving his all! Not like Mourinho who embarrassed our club, through tantrums and was a disgrace

roonster09

Scout
But you do agree that squad he inherited needed a major rebuild? Championship squad is very misleading given the context.

He was a shite manager and shite appointment and it was clear from the off(just like Solskjaer was), but it was also the first year Woodward at helm that ended up in one of the worst transfer windows too.

Obviously he should've done better, but the squad wasn't all that.
Squad needed major rebuild as Moyes was clueless. He didn't know how to use them. All of them were multiple league winners.

pacifictheme

I don’t think it would be fair to say his stint as a manager will tarnish his legacy.
It hasn’t worked, but he’s still a legend of the club, that doesn’t change, not for me at least.
Agreed. Not really ole in or out but his time as manager will never change what he did for united as a player for me.

Enigma_87

You know who
Squad needed major rebuild as Moyes was clueless. He didn't know how to use them. All of them were multiple league winners.
No argument there.

On the other hand no one expected to win the league as soon as Moyes was appointed. Top 4 was basically the target at the time. Not that we should accept that, but it was what it was.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Ole might not be the greatest manager on the planet, and in Poch there may be an objectively better manager available, but it's the squad depth that's really letting us down right now.

Rashford, Pogba and McTomminay are very important players, and we have no cover for them. With another 3 or 4 player-in window and a bit of luck with Pogba we could have our best looking, most coherent squad in years.. If the players are happy I'd keep him for the season for certain.
Off course the players are happy. He protected the whole useless lot while Mourinho throws them under the bus.

If I'm lingard i know which manager I'd be happy about.

Maguire? Any other club he'd be booed out, at united under ole he got a captain ban

Pogba? He's bidding his sweet time and there's feck all ole can do

Mata - here. Sweet deal. Plays once every month and manages to still get a pay rise

Only winners dont like him, and we have none at our squad at the moment