Solskjaer target 5 signings; 6 players could leave [BBC, Telegraph, Guardian]

jamesjimmybyrondean

Martial's performance today shows that we probably need a left winger which adds to our transfer list. If Fred and Mcctominay come through then I don't see the need for a DM

However given Martial's inconsistency and our lack of RW I think we should us the 4-2-2 diamond next season. Our squad should be like this

.................................DDG................................

Meunier......Linedlof.........Koulibaly..........Shaw

............................Mcctominay.......................

....................Saul..................Pogba.................

..............................Fernandes.............................

.................Rashford............Lukaku............

We should sign Lozano too. He would be a great rotational option when we want to switch formation as he can play LW/RW and the lad actually wants to play for us too

Last edited:

Mr.Plow

Rashford and Greenwood. And then Martial who could play the striker on occasions.
That's insane. You don't sell a proven PL striker and replace him with an unproven graduate player. Especially when we're already light upfront. There's no reason to sell Lukaku unless we're upgrading him.

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
————-——Dubravka
——-Lindelöf—Smalling-Shaw
Meunier———————————-Fraser
——————McT———Maddison
————————-Félix
—————Rashford—-Martial

The One and Only

————-——Dubravka
——————McT———Maddison
————————-Félix
—————Rashford—-Martial
That's nowhere near a title challenging team. Hope we go for something like this

DDG................................

AWB......Lindelof.........Toby..........Shaw

............................ Rodri.......................

....................Fekir/Erikson.................Pogba.................

Sancho.............. Rashford............Martial

Get rid of Valencia, Darmian, Jones, Rojo, Mata, Herrera, Sanchez

Last edited:

laughtersassassin

————-——Dubravka
——————McT———Maddison
————————-Félix
—————Rashford—-Martial
Midfield would be a million times worse than what we got with Pogba

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
If we want to play a diamond, we might need to upgrade the full backs (more so than we believe) so they can offer us the width we'd sacrifice.

Cathy Ferguson

Martial's performance today shows that we probably need a left winger which adds to our transfer list. If Fred and Mcctominay come through then I don't see the need for a DM

However given Martial's inconsistency and our lack of RW I think we should us the 4-2-2 diamond next season. Our squad should be like this

.................................DDG................................

Meunier......Linedlof.........Koulibaly..........Shaw

............................Mcctominay.......................

....................Saul..................Pogba.................

..............................Fernandes.............................

.................Rashford............Lukaku............

We should sign Lozano too. He would be a great rotational option when we want to switch formation as he can play LW/RW and the lad actually wants to play for us too
Good spine, but Lukaku is not good enough. We should go for Piatek or Felix, different player types but an upgrade on Lukaku. But that would take our spending to unrealistic levels.

Saul McTom
Fernandes Felix Pogba
Rashford

That is a cool 250m plus 80m for Koulibaily. Lukaku and Martial might fetch 80-100m so it might be doable but still unlikely.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
If I was running the club then I would go crazy this summer, find every available penny and have an absolutely massive spending spree. This is a unique summer as there are a number of very special young players who are very likely to move and we should be competing for all of them. We obviously wouldn't get them all but we should be aiming for De Ligt, Sancho, Felix, Jovic, Wan Bissaka and Hudson Odoi.

Plus adding in the factors of us having a new manager who needs backing, having not spent much last year and being so far behind our rivals for far too long.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Forgive me for being a broken record about signings recently.

Goalkeeper - DeGea (Romero) if De Gea leaves, then Romero / Henderson compete.
Right backs - New signing (Dalot / Laird). Young is back up.
Left backs - Luke Shaw (O'Connor).
Centre backs - Lindelof + New signing / Smalling / Jones / O'Connor.
Centre Midfield - McTominay/ Fred / Garner / Matic / Gomes / New signing.
Attacking midfielder - New signing / Greenwood / Lingard
Right wing - New signing (Lingard / Dalot / Greenwood).
Left wing - Martial / Greenwood / Rashford
Forwards - Rashford / Greenwood / Martial

Out
Pogba = £150 million (He is going either this year or next for sure)
Lukaku = £70 million
Darmian = £5 million
Rojo = £5 million

Budget = £150 million + transfer sales (£230 million) = £380 million

New right back - Meunier or Wan Bissaka - £45 million
New Centre back - Manolas at a cheaper price of £36 million
New midfielder - Declan Rice - £45 million
New attacking midfielder - Felix at £100 million
Right winger - Sancho £100 million

Use the remaining money to offload Sanchez by paying half of his wages at the new club.
Central midfield is poor. Not enough quality.

OoopsMisclick

Where does this infatuation for Madsison comes from? Not good enough for united
Furthermore, while it's good to look at the academy for players, most of them aren't ready for 1st team football.

Garner, greenwood, Lard,... All nice prospects but they need time and someone to learn from too

angusaa07

Rabiot, Rodri, Sancho, De Lijt and the addition of a full back either left or right will be enough. I think a left back is more needed personally with Dalot being a regular next season. Someone like Rose would be a good addition to rotate with Shaw.

Kyle2834

My Top Five Positions To Strengthen:
1. RB
2. CB
3. DM
4. AM/CM
5. RW

My Top Six Players To Sell:
1. Alexis
2. Valencia
3. Marcos Rojo
4. Darmian
5. Mata
6. Bailly

Last edited:

Mark Pawelek

17 contracts end this summer.

4 1st teamers have contracts terminating
4 1st teamers we may want, or have, to sell
8 loanees have contracts terminating.
5 U-23s have contracts terminating.

DeGea:- Only 1 year left on his contract. May have to sell, otherwise he leaves on a free.
Lukaku:- Does not suite Ole's playing style. May want to be a guaranteed starter. Whether he leaves depends on the size of the bids.
Sanchez:- Wages too high. Why would he leave?
Rojo:- Will only leave if we sell or agree contract termination by mutual agreement.

More likely 18, or 19. I think we'll keep DeGea for another year in the hope he'll resign unless someone puts in a bid over £50 million.
Lukaku's agent may engineer a move away for him because he wants to be a 1st choice starter.
Rojo, Bailly - I don't see them leaving. Who'll bid for them?
Sanchez - I can't see him leaving. Would you leave if you were on that contract? Sack the people who wrote the contract.

Wolvereen

My Top Five Positions To Strengthen:
1. RB
2. CB
3. DM
4. AM/CM
5. RW

My Top Six Players To Sell:
1. Alexis
2. Valencia
3. Marcos Rojo
4. Darmian
5. Mata
6. Bailly
How have the likes of Young, Smalling, Jones, and Matic not made your "To Sell" list? Valencia, Mata, and Darmian are all out of contract as well so there would be nothing to sell there with them.

Lmarco

Selling Pogba and Lukaku might be the more reasonable option, to give De Gea his pay rise and invest in rebuilding this team

With Valencia, Herrera, Mata and Darmian out of contract this summer, it could be a good transition year with a few other big contracts terminating in 2020 (Bailly, Rojo, Young, Matic). The club should take the no UCL situation as a chance to slowly rebuild during the next 12 months aroung a good core, it's useless thinking it will only need a few checks and supposed "names" to create a team out of this nonsense of a squad and a club.

AdNani

Out: Young, Jones, Rojo, Darmian, Matic, Mata, Lukaku

In: Aké, Alderweireld, AWB, Bruno, Sancho, Jovic/Félix

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
I’d love something like this

Neves
Fernandes
Felix
Alderweireld
Wan Bissaka

I don’t think it’s unrealistic and I think it addresses a lot of our problems.

I don’t think we’re going to be playing with wingers next season we don’t have the players for it.

De Gea
Dalot Alderweireld Lindelof Shaw
Fred
Neves Pogba
Fernandes
Rashford Lukaku

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
5 is nowhere near enough
I think 5 quality additions would be enough, however, I do not believe we'll make the right signings.

If we do, then I believe 5 is certainly enough.

Kaglish10

17 contracts end this summer.

4 1st teamers have contracts terminating
4 1st teamers we may want, or have, to sell
8 loanees have contracts terminating.
5 U-23s have contracts terminating.

DeGea:- Only 1 year left on his contract. May have to sell, otherwise he leaves on a free.
Lukaku:- Does not suite Ole's playing style. May want to be a guaranteed starter. Whether he leaves depends on the size of the bids.
Sanchez:- Wages too high. Why would he leave?
Rojo:- Will only leave if we sell or agree contract termination by mutual agreement.

More likely 18, or 19. I think we'll keep DeGea for another year in the hope he'll resign unless someone puts in a bid over £50 million.
Lukaku's agent may engineer a move away for him because he wants to be a 1st choice starter.
Rojo, Bailly - I don't see them leaving. Who'll bid for them?
Sanchez - I can't see him leaving. Would you leave if you were on that contract? Sack the people who wrote the contract.
I think we should keep Regan Poole. He looked good for Newport against Mancity in the FA cup match. I actually felt he looked solid in the reserves considering he was being deployed on the left side of the defence despite being right footed. It's no wonder he's been doing well in the RCB role for Newport. He's comfortable on the ball with good passing skills and good in the air.

crossy1686

career ending
LB - Tierney
RB - Bissaka
CB - Koulibaly
MC - Rice
RW - Sancho

Line up 2020:

----------------Romero--------------

Bissaka--Koulibaly--Lindelöf--Shaw

-----------McTomminay--Rice-------

Sancho---------Pogba--------Rashford

----------------Greenwood------------

Bench: Lingard, Chong, Sanchez, Smalling, Tierney, Martial, Fred

izec

6 leaving isnt enough. Should be closer to 10. Wont happen and it isnt ideal, but in a fantasy world it should be done.

Valencia
Darmian
Young
Smalling
Jones
Bailly
Rojo
Mata
Matic
Lukaku
Alexis
(De Gea if he doesnt sign a contract)

Putting it like that, oof. Not everyone will agree, but that would be my list so far. The defense is pure garbage. Mata, Matic and Alexis have good names, but are past it. Lukaku isnt good enough and we can fetch some decent money.

Last edited:

Jericholyte2

6 leaving isnt enough. Should be closer to 10. Wont happen and it isnt ideal, but in a fantasy world it should be done.

Valencia
Darmian
Young
Smalling
Jones
Bailly
Rojo
Mata
Matic
Lukaku
Alexis
(De Gea if he doesnt sign a contract)

Putting it like that, oof. Not everyone will agree, but that would be my list so far. The defense is pure garbage. Mata, Matic and Alexis have good names, but are past it. Lukaku isnt good enough and we can fetch some decent money.
I think this is fair, but we don’t need to buy replacements for all of them

Valencia / Darmian / Young - Buy a new starting RB with Dalot as understudy and a LB for competition for Shaw.
Smalling / Bailly / Jones / Rojo - I would personally keep Smalling as 3rd / 4th choice - Sell three and buy one ready made starting CB to partner Lindelof and bring in Tuanzebe to cover ten “rotation” CB
Mata - Give Gomes / Chong more time
Matic - Needs replacing - Would go for Rodri / Partey
Sanchez - Sancho
Lukaku - Bring in Greenwood and buy a 1st choice ST

So that’s ten out, 5/6 new signings and 5 promotions of youth for next season. If the youngsters aren’t ready you then look to add more next summer, but would at least give them the chance to show what they have.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Where does this infatuation for Madsison comes from? Not good enough for united
Furthermore, while it's good to look at the academy for players, most of them aren't ready for 1st team football.

Garner, greenwood, Lard,... All nice prospects but they need time and someone to learn from too
Agreed. Don't think Laird has even played for the U23 team, let alone being ready for the first team as many posters seem to think he is.

red_de_pologne

Do people even consider Ole wants to bring players with the right mentality not just anyone having a good season with their team? Are you so sure Sancho wouldn't crumble like Martial/Rashford under current circumstances?

SouthPredators4

I rather clear all the roots of a toxic culture through a mass departure and allow a new group of young players to be incalcated with the correct values from Ole. All these complimented with purchases of senior players really to make a step up to winning trophies. These should be done through buying likes of AWB, Rice, Rabiot, Ndombele, Fernandes, Sancho, Jovic etc, then promoting Greenwood and Tuanzebe to first team, then buying experienced players like Alderwereld, Fekir, Pereira, Cavani etc.

If we're serious about getting rid of players we need to start with the ones that have been here the longest.

Young
Smallling
Jones
Valencia
Mata
Darmien
Rojo

Those are the 6 players that should go if we're being honest.

C'est Moi Cantona

If we're serious about getting rid of players we need to start with the ones that have been here the longest.

Young
Smallling
Jones
Valencia
Mata
Darmien
Rojo

Those are the 6 players that should go if we're being honest.
These are just in the main poor players nowadays, but ones that are honest and will try their best, so much as they need to leave, maybe aren't our biggest problem just now.

crossy1686

career ending
Would honestly be happy with Pogba, De Gea , Martial, Lukaku and Matic leaving in the summer.

Also wouldn't mind Sancho, Bissaka, Maguire, Tierney, Rice and Ward-Prowse coming in. Some of them may not be good enough to be starters for United week in week out but feck me they'll try their best and won't want to feck off to PSG as soon as things get tough.

Hawks2008

Would honestly be happy with Pogba, De Gea , Martial, Lukaku and Matic leaving in the summer.

Also wouldn't mind Sancho, Bissaka, Maguire, Tierney, Rice and Ward-Prowse coming in. Some of them may not be good enough to be starters for United week in week out but feck me they'll try their best and won't want to feck off to PSG as soon as things get tough.
Brexit means brexit eh?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Why does everyone think McTom is suddenly a key first team player?
Didn't you see his Roy Keane Vs Juve type peformance against Barcelona? Mctominay seems useful but I agree that we don't need to jump the gun with him. This is why were saddled with some technically mediocre footballers.

As for the number of signings - the bigger priority has to be the single minded drive towards a A) Style of play and B) level of play. If Ole wants to build a certain type of Manchester United team then should he need to make some tough calls to get there then he has do just that. We just have to hope he's able to do it well.

Litch

Without being too doom and gloom, it's been a long time since being excited by a Utd signing. We spend a lot of money but we rarely spend it wisely.....I expect the young London lads we are linked with to stay in London if they move, Rice and Bissaka could easily end up at either Spurs, Chelsea or Arsenal.

Swearing Budgie

Without being too doom and gloom, it's been a long time since being excited by a Utd signing. We spend a lot of money but we rarely spend it wisely.....I expect the young London lads we are linked with to stay in London if they move, Rice and Bissaka could easily end up at either Spurs, Chelsea or Arsenal.
I don't really understand why people think these players would come to us, as if it's just a case of how much money and when.

Also, both are *potentially* really good signings. They are not the solution right now.