Pochémon Fan Club Chairman

Kemizee

Options with EPL experience;

Centre-back --> Ake / Maguire
Right-back --> Pereira / Wan-Bissaka
Centre mid --> Neves / Ndidi / Lerma
Attacking mid --> Tielemans / Maddison
Winger --> F. Anderson / Brooks / Richarlison
No wonder you support Liverpool and not United. This list is hideous.

Mcking

We can get Meunier and Alderweireld for the same amount of money that Maguire would cost.
The diamond formation would be the best as you suggested considering the players we have. But I would rather Pogba in his best position with Fernandes/Felix behind the strikers.
That would be better I think. I don't think Pogba even does enough consistently in attack to be the third midfielder, so I defo wouldn't have him as the third forward, and playing him in such advanced position would restrict him. I would prefer Martial over Rashford too.

Mainoldo

I think Ole is going to take that approach. I can see him sign British players and players with EPL experience.

We could easily sell/release 10 players, so the players you mentioned are a good alternative if we combine them with at least 2 mega signings like De Ligt and Sancho.
British players so we can be like England pre Southgate. Great!!!!

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Meuneir - Lindeloff - Koulibaly - Chilwel
-------------------Rice(Matic)----------------

Tielemans(McT)---------Pogba(Fred)-----

-------------------Bruno (Mata)-----------------------
-- Rashford(Sanchez)-------Lukaku (Martial)--

25 + 75 + 60 + 45 +45+ 50 = 290m

Bailey, Shaw,Jones,Rojo can leave - will give us 40-50m .

Net spend - 250m. Reasonable?

riis

Supports
Liverpool
Frankly, many of those players walks into your current starting 11. You have a rebuild on your hands that is simply too big for you to be able to sign big name star players in every position you need to fill. One or two star players and three or four players of the type I suggested this summer and next summer would be the optimal realistic scenario imo.

Celoti23-81

We should do everything in our power to keep Pogba, De Gea, martial and lukaku. If solskjaer has anything about him and can improve players, then these are players who can stop the likes of Everton, Leicester etc overtaking us. Add a few additions, we will be a better side! These are not bad players.
But the reality of it, most of these players will be sold, and we will be in the market for young unproven players who will be expected to take us forward! Not good!
If we sell Pogba, we go for a Kroos, not a Damien rice type player. Players like rice should be additions not key players!
In an ideal world, we need a top centre back, a promising right back, a classy central midfielder and a proven right winger! Don't know why, but Zaha would give us better options as we won't get Sancho!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Some of those players have had terrific seasons, and who is to say that they're not the hungry young players that would be ideal for us?
A lot are Premier league experienced too, rather than wait a year for the likes of Fred and Lindelöf to cope, and the jury is still massively out on the former, with the latter being the "Least crap" of our centre backs this season - rather than being excellent.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
We should do everything in our power to keep Pogba, De Gea, martial and lukaku. If solskjaer has anything about him and can improve players, then these are players who can stop the likes of Everton, Leicester etc overtaking us. Add a few additions, we will be a better side! These are not bad players.
But the reality of it, most of these players will be sold, and we will be in the market for young unproven players who will be expected to take us forward! Not good!
If we sell Pogba, we go for a Kroos, not a Damien rice type player. Players like rice should be additions not key players!
In an ideal world, we need a top centre back, a promising right back, a classy central midfielder and a proven right winger! Don't know why, but Zaha would give us better options as we won't get Sancho!
I'm not that big a fan of Zaha, but as we've been massively let down by not having any sort of attack from the right side for years, maybe he might be a good idea.
Team him up with Wan Bissaka and they'll already have a great understanding, and could revitalise our right side with tonnes of pace.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Which is it, cuntos?

Cancelo and Dybala would be great addition. Aligns with the players I would like to have here at United next season. Bruno and Diaz, I don’t really know much about. Bruno seems more like a replacement for Pogba.
Dybala would be a worse decision than signing Bale.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

Renegade

Does Zaha even play RW anymore? When ever I watch him he seems to
Have complete freedom all over the pitch. He can definitely go up a level in club, I’m just not sure if he can make a Mane size jump. He’d tell us to do one though. Sounds like he had a miserable time behind the scenes at UTD. Cheers Ed.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The big worry, is that you could easily argue we need a big signing in the 3 positions in the spine of the team. Centre back and mid - without doubt.
centre forward - pretty likely - as none of ours are top notch.

But then we all know we need two starters out right - so straight away, that's 5 starters needed.

And that's if Pogba and De Gea don't go, and whether we can rely on Martial and Shaw staying fit, and interested.

What a right old mess.

fps

So no RW, Dybala for 100M instead :houllier:
Eh, if I was offered those as the 4 signings for the summer guaranteed, reservations aside I'd probably take it.

Because I don't trust Ed Woodward to do that level of business over the summer.

Dong Fangzhuo

4 potential incomings, whether any of it comes to pass remains to be seen:

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/euro-...uartet-wolves-in-e40m-raid-for-marseille-star
So they've taken reports from four different media outlets and branded it as "Ole's List"? :lol:

Most of the reports from the English papers seem to suggest Ole and Phelan want to focus on young British players this summer anyway. Hopefully it's a mix of both though, I can't think of 4-5 British signings that would really move the needle as much as we'd want.

Based Adnan

Dybala just reeks of signing a big name for the sake of it rather then if they fit how we want to play. Ole wants to play a high speed high press system going by how the team was before they tired out. Dybala just doesn't fit into a team like that all despite how good he is. The system should always come before individual players and this Liverpool team is testament to that. Absolutely bang average midfield yet they can go up against the best because of the way Liverpool set up.

davidmichael

So they've taken reports from four different media outlets and branded it as "Ole's List"? :lol:

Most of the reports from the English papers seem to suggest Ole and Phelan want to focus on young British players this summer anyway. Hopefully it's a mix of both though, I can't think of 4-5 British signings that would really move the needle as much as we'd want.
Wan-Bissaka, Maguire, Rice and Sancho ? None are world class but all would walk into our starting 11 and fix problem positions as well as fitting the profile of players we’ve always gone for. I’d love to add Alderweireld, Tierney and N’Dombele to that list too.

Dong Fangzhuo

Wan-Bissaka, Maguire, Rice and Sancho ? None are world class but all would walk into our starting 11 and fix problem positions as well as fitting the profile of players we’ve always gone for. I’d love to add Alderweireld, Tierney and N’Dombele to that list too.
Sorry, poorly worded by me. I meant I can't think of a collective of 4-5 players that would do the trick. Individually I think those you mentioned would all be decent/good signings.

The Irish Connection

The times I have seen PSV, I have been more impressed with Lozano. Do you rate Bergwijn as a better player than Lozano?
Fair enough. Honestly, I haven’t seen enough of psv to judge properly, but I would be happy with us signing Lozano too as he seems to work hard for the team, is a bit of a United fan and scores goals from out wide, and wouldn’t cost a lot.
Personally, I like players who are exciting dribblers with pace and strength. Douglas costa or robben, lads who love taking on defenders. I actually have reservations about Sancho because of this, he doesn’t drive at defenders enough but stops and looks to pass often.
Bergwijn looks the most exciting in a dribbling sense.
Pepe looks quick but a bit weaker and the ball seems to run away from him a bit.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I’m tired of people making things up like we don’t spend money or we don’t have any to spend. We’ve had 4 proven summers this is not the case. The myth on buying players to sell shirts is always a myth too. Like where the hell are these shirt selling signings?
So, what happened last Summer?
That was arguably our most important Summer. We had an elite level manager who had managed to get us 2nd place, with a poor squad of players. Why was he not backed and told to win us the title any cost? Jose is exactly the sort of manager who you should give that sort of target to. Tell him that Pep won it this year, now you go and win it this year. Instead Woodie knew that it would cost money, so he backed out and accepted mediocrity on the football pitch. This is fact. It happened. Jose asked for players and Woodie made excuses.

What happened in Jan 2019? How much did we spend?
What about in Jan 2018? Again, apart from the swap deal of Sanchez, how much did we spend.

Outspent by mid-table clubs in the Summer of 2018, when we should've opened our wallets and made an absolute statement of intent that we have an elite manager at the helm and are now willing to spend until we win the title.

Mainoldo

So, what happened last Summer?
That was arguably our most important Summer. We had an elite level manager who had managed to get us 2nd place, with a poor squad of players. Why was he not backed and told to win us the title any cost? Jose is exactly the sort of manager who you should give that sort of target to. Tell him that Pep won it this year, now you go and win it this year. Instead Woodie knew that it would cost money, so he backed out and accepted mediocrity on the football pitch. This is fact. It happened. Jose asked for players and Woodie made excuses.

What happened in Jan 2019? How much did we spend?
What about in Jan 2018? Again, apart from the swap deal of Sanchez, how much did we spend.

Outspent by mid-table clubs in the Summer of 2018, when we should've opened our wallets and made an absolute statement of intent that we have an elite manager at the helm and are now willing to spend until we win the title.
What happened last summer?

Godin
Boateng
Willian
Perisic
Alderwiereld

And probably 4 more OHP’s. But we did spend £50m on a Russian league midfielder. Who else was doing that?

Jan 18? Really?!!! How much is Alexis on? Go do some research and come back to me.