Solskjaer target 5 signings; 6 players could leave [BBC, Telegraph, Guardian]

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
I think it has been a pretty good window. We could do with a MF though.

Go all out for Sancho next summer.
Yeah, we need more motherfeckers!

In all seriousness, hope we spend the Lukaku money on a midfielder before window shuts.

beingshe7don

Dybala is not happening
Eriksen is not happening
Bruno is not happening
Neres is not happening
Coutinho is not happening
M Dembele is not happening

What options do we have left?

Hmmm....

Dembele (Barca) on loan
Ziyech
Lozano

Any other ideas?

TehRed

It's almost beyond belief that at some point this coming season we probably have to suffer through this:

-----------Rashford
Martial - Mata - Lingard
-------Pogba - Matic

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
we will regret not signing a midfielder. Can't believe we're content with this current group.
Who says we are content. But perhaps we are better off not signing lesser players/stop gaps, when we can't get our top targets. Just getting new players in that are an ill fit, is exactly why we have a lot of deadwood. I'd rather make no signing than the wrong signing.

Smores

Who says we are content. But perhaps we are better off not signing lesser players/stop gaps, when we can't get our top targets. Just getting new players in that are an ill fit, is exactly why we have a lot of deadwood. I'd rather make no signing than the wrong signing.
Or we could sign a decent player rather than your stupid strawman of the alternative to no one being an ill fitted one. Plenty out there.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Or we could sign a decent player rather than your stupid strawman of the alternative to no one being an ill fitted one. Plenty out there.
Christ. State of this post. Some of you just get so desperate in transfer season.

ForestRGoinUp

It's almost beyond belief that at some point this coming season we probably have to suffer through this:

-----------Rashford
Martial - Mata - Lingard
-------Pogba - Matic
At least we can drink a beer and walk away from it. Pogba has to be on the field with that lot.

Smores

Christ. State of this post. Some of you just get so desperate in transfer season.
I'm not the one coming up with ridiculous strawman. Nothing to do with desperate some of you just can't take reasonable criticism of the club. It's immature.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
I'm not the one coming up with ridiculous strawman. Nothing to do with desperate some of you just can't take reasonable criticism of the club. It's immature.
:lol: Immature is a "sign anyone decent" mentality. I am certainly not sensitive about criticism of the club. I've been very vocal in my critiques. But I also like to inject a modicum of common sense into discussions.

Carry on.

arthurka

Again we will end up with 60 odd million net spend this window. Some here thought we would splash 200m net. This is becoming regular practice every summer. We need to add something to our midfield but we seem to be on our last leg as a top calibre club to most players out there.

Smores

:lol: Immature is a "sign anyone decent" mentality. I am certainly not sensitive about criticism of the club. I've been very vocal in my critiques. But I also like to inject a modicum of common sense into discussions.

Carry on.
Perhaps improve your comprehension then, where did i say anyone?

We aren't in a situation to choose only from our top targets and there's plenty of players that would improve us or reduce the risks we face. It doesn't make them ill suited because they're not on a small list of top players.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

-----------Rashford
Martial - Mata - Lingard
-------Pogba - Matic
Genuinely wondering what else we could put out that's better?

Mctom?
Sanchez?

Lee565

Why have we not even loaned out players instead of hoarding them for the sake of it with the likes of darmian and rojo considering they barely get a game anymore, I would even throw Jones in there as possibly being loaned out as well.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Surely we are going to sign an attacker now? Say what you will about Lukaku but he outscored Rashford in less minutes. Rashford averaged 234 mins/goal in the league vs Lukaku's 177 mins/goal.

Rashford scored 10 goals in 33 appearances but is expected to be our main striker for the season? We may as well write the season off now if that's the case.

I'm holding out hope that we will get Zaha.

TehRed

Genuinely wondering what else we could put out that's better?

Mctom?
Sanchez?
Which is exactly why we need a midfielder and a winger still. But hey it looks like we won't get either now, so there's so much pressure on an odd mix of youngsters (Rashford, Greenwood, Gomes, Martial) and people who are "too old" and blatantly don't fit into Ole's system but for some reason are still here (Matic, Mata, Sanchez)

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Why have we not even loaned out players instead of hoarding them for the sake of it with the likes of darmian and rojo considering they barely get a game anymore, I would even throw Jones in there as possibly being loaned out as well.
Because we can still sell or loan players until September 2nd.

Garebo

Surely we are going to sign an attacker now? Say what you will about Lukaku but he outscored Rashford in less minutes. Rashford averaged 234 mins/goal in the league vs Lukaku's 177 mins/goal.

Rashford scored 10 goals in 33 appearances but is expected to be our main striker for the season? We may as well write the season off now if that's the case.

I'm holding out hope that we will get Zaha.
Firmino scored 12 and look at where Liverpool finished. We don't need a striker but we need a right winger, Sancho preferably. Greenwood seems a greater prospect than Rashford was, so they can both fight with Martial for the left wing and cf positions.

If it means we buy no-one in attack but instead save the money for buying Sancho next year I'll be alright with that. So in reality we are desperate for a dm like Rice and not a cf.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Firmino scored 12 and look at where Liverpool finished. We don't need a striker but we need a right winger, Sancho preferably. Greenwood seems a greater prospect than Rashford was, so they can both fight with Martial for the left wing and cf positions.

If it means we buy no-one in attack but instead save the money for buying Sancho next year I'll be alright with that. So in reality we are desperate for a dm like Rice and not a cf.
You're not wrong but our team is horribly balanced though.

Liverpool have got threats from all over the pitch. If they didn't have one of Mane/Firmino/Salah then that would be similar to us and i bet they would struggle too.

I disagree, we desperately need an attacker right now, preferably a roaming RW attacker because Rashford & Martial are both horrible from the right.

Zaha seems perfect for us. I would be happy with Martial - Rashford - Zaha as that is balanced.

Who says Sancho will come next season? If we have a similar season to last, I seriously doubt he would consider us when he can take his pick.

Alabaster Codify7

Ole: “anyone we sell will be replaced”

So now Lukaku is off..

Ole is just saying what the fans want to hear. Either he's a Glazer/Woodward puppet or he's just putting on a brave face for the fans and trying to keep a semblance of positivity, but whichever option, he isn't telling the fans the truth. And hopefully he isn't telling his true feelings either, saying things like 'happy with what we have'.

How is that possible? Our midfield AND attack are worse than last season!

Suv666

Not enough goals in the team and depth. What happens if Pogba or Scot get injured?
I'm all for trusting the youth but thinking Rashford and Greenwood can carry the team to top 4 is sucidal. The youth is just an excuse for the Glazers to penny pinch. Its going to be a long season.

Suv666

Not enough goals in the team and depth. What happens if Pogba or Scot get injured?
I'm all for trusting the youth but thinking Rashford and Greenwood can carry the team to top 4 is sucidal. The youth is just an excuse for the Glazers to penny pinch. Its going to be a long season.
Also Martial has been the epitome of inconsistency I dont trust him to get 10+ goals. He has 1 good game in 5 that isnt going to change magically overnight.

Red Devil's Advocate

I will happily take Mandzukic as our plan B. Need to make good use of the crosses from Dalot and AWB.
The only problem area I see is the defensive midfielder because Matic is slow and will slow down even further and to be honest, I haven't seen enough of Garner to figure out what he offers as a direct replacement.

Road ahead is going to be tough but if we can just persist with formations, tactics and personnel for 10 matches, I think we will do alright to stay in top-6 till winter transfer window.

Ranchero

Looks like the press is briefed.

- Solskjaer wanted RB, CB, Versatile forward, 1 or 2 midfielders depending on Mata and Herrera.
- Sancho, AWB, CHO, Koulibaly, Varane, Rice mentioned as possible targets.
- BBC reported, ManUtd source said Herrera has agreed to join PSG
- Telegraph reported ManUtd have no intention to sell De Gea and are hopeful of signing contract
- Guardian reported ManUtd might sell De Gea if he doesn't sign contract.
- Sanchez, Mata, Herrera, Darmian, Valencia, Rojo all could leave. Bailly also depending on the CBs we sign.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...ed-huge-summer-overhaul-ole-gunnar-solskjaer/
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...hez-manchester-united-exodus-de-gea-solskjaer
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47805207

Hopefully we show the intent in the market this summer. We have lot of players who are not contributing, have to clear the squad and sign better players who can improve the first 11.
Ahahahahahahaha.
Get the feeling we've been had?