Solskjaer's legacy and his future

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Stuff like this is so cringey.

What does he think that would achieve? He’s not coaching those players anymore. Does he remember the instructions he gave for each game and which were followed?

Literally zero point to this other than sentiment. Total waste of time.
he's no longer the manager, he had a dream job with quite a few highs and lows, he's allowed to get sentimental!

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
he's no longer the manager, he had a dream job with quite a few highs and lows, he's allowed to get sentimental!
He can keep it to himself rather than bragging about it!

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I'm no Ole fan (as a manger) but people really think he watched all these games with his goofy smile and a pint?

He probably watched to see what went well and what didn't to learn from those mistakes for his next gig.

Grande

What does he think that would achieve? He’s not coaching those players anymore. Does he remember the instructions he gave for each game and which were followed?

Finally a top level manager coach and psychologist steps out in public to share some adamant knowledge about how to develop as a manager, complemented by emotional lip reading, all SoMe based!

Fifteen seconds well spent!

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He is probably very interested in learning and improving.
Unfortunately for him, and it pains me to say that because I loved him as a player and cheered for him as a manager, he's already 50, if he hasn't become a decent manager by now he will never be. Probably a good manager for the norwegian league and that's about it.
Not everyone gets what they deserve, that's life.

Grande

Unfortunately for him, and it pains me to say that because I loved him as a player and cheered for him as a manager, he's already 50, if he hasn't become a decent manager by now he will never be. Probably a good manager for the norwegian league and that's about it.
Not everyone gets what they deserve, that's life.
I’m already 50, what are you trying to tell me here?

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
It was a disaster, and a really painful period as a fan. He was so likeable but it was always so obvious he wasn’t a top coach.

The damage (years of bad coaching, Maguire, Wan-Bissaka, Ronaldo and even Sancho so far) more than proves that outside of his moral boosting caretaker phase, it was a massive waste of time for everyone involved.

Extremely frustrating when you think of what we could have been building for 168 matches.

justsomebloke

Maybe he thinks there's something to learn. Which seems reasonable enough, and not a waste of time. (Unlike making a post at Red Cafe to the effect that it's pointless and a total waste of time, in which case that post must be an even greater waste of time).

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Terrible manager. Still no new club a year without a job.
As you said; he is a terrible manager. Clubs know that. Based on his CV (Man Utd manager) he waits an offer from good clubs from top leagues. In reality his level is Championship at best.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I'm no Ole fan (as a manger) but people really think he watched all these games with his goofy smile and a pint?

He probably watched to see what went well and what didn't to learn from those mistakes for his next gig.
Exactly this. The statement is a purposeful release designed to imply to anyone interested that he's watched and learned from past mistakes and is now a wiser, better coach. He's advertising to get back in the dug out.

SinNombre

Utd were never at the top of the hill to come down.
We finished 3rd and 2nd in his first two full seasons.

Ole was never going to take us to the next level but he wasn’t terrible until Ronaldo and a lot of current PL managers would do worse.

Ole was never going to take us to the next level but he wasn’t terrible until Ronaldo and a lot of current PL managers would do worse.
With 3 years and 300m quid, to get 66 points, 74 points, no trophies and leaving the next guy with an absolute clusterfeck of a squad. I doubt it.

massi83

Seems like he learned nothing, since he didn't quit watching sooner.

DrogaPortoroz

300 milions and zero trophies. Honestly, that is teririble.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
On the positive side, I will always remember his winning goal on Camp Nou and that unforgettable night in Paris when we upset PSG. But that's about it. Ole was a sub, and he will be remembered by "moments", not by any sustained success.

OrcaFat

Bang on.

It isn’t that he wasn’t good, but he wasn’t good enough for United, all said and done.

His reputation seems to be quite heavily damaged which I think is partly down to very vociferous criticism he has had, mainly from United fans but also from the media. If enough people say he’s terrible and say it loud and often, some of that shit sticks to the wall.

Whenever somebody posts something like this, or your post, you get a strong reaction against it.

Dve

Everybody knows those were not real 3rd and 2nd places since Liverpool and Chelsea were so shite. Compared to that, our current 5th place is a lot better. Also considered we didn't spend anything this summer.

OrcaFat

Everybody knows those were not real 3rd and 2nd places since Liverpool and Chelsea were so shite. Compared to that, our current 5th place is a lot better. Also considered we didn't spend anything this summer.
I think I got what you meant by that…!

U99ted

A legend as a player. Hope he can have a successful managerial career from here, but his time here was ultimately poor. Third and 2nd, but also a champions league group stage elimination, no trophies, joke defending and some hefty defeats. Even if we weren’t ready for a title challenge in 21-22, the top four finishes should’ve established some level of consistency going forward that we could have a “poor” season and get 3rd-4th. Not another Mourinho 18-19 collapse.

NewDawnFades

He lived his dream, miserable bastard

Abraxas

It's not that crazy to have rewatched the games.

If you're a football manager out of a job and have any kind of work ethic (which a coach at this level should have in abundance) then watching 168 games over a year where he's been out of management is really not a lot. Watching 90 mins of football every couple of days to try and take something from it because you know what you told the team and how you trained.

stw2022

If he was interested in developing and learning wouldn't he instead be watching 168 matches of teams coached by someone who knew what they were doing?

We’re 14 Premier League games into a new management spell, and the projection looks likely we’ll eclipse the points total of Ole’s best ever season.
Ole’s PPG in the Prem with United = 1.75
Ole win rate in the Prem with United = 51.37

Despite already facing Liverpool, City, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal in his first 14 games…

ETH Prem PPG = 1.85
ETH Prem win rate 57.14

Make of that what you will.

Kelly15

Not just meh, imo he did the most damage to the club out of all the managers post SAF.
Imo not even close. Moyes by a long shot. He totally destroyed the confidence of a title winning team. Asking the players to show him how to win. Aspiring to be like city after we just won the title. Running rvp into the ground in training. Shocking management.

Imo not even close. Moyes by a long shot. He totally destroyed the confidence of a title winning team. Asking the players to show him how to win. Aspiring to be like city after we just won the title. Running rvp into the ground in training. Shocking management.
He didn’t have time to do enough damage, barely bought nor sold a player. Was gone within a season.
Was utterly shite mind but Ole was clearly the biggest waste of time and money since SaF. The other pair failed too, but at least had silverware to show for it.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
2012 was less of a disaster to watch than that. Best part certain bunch will try to wash his stint by painting cnut Ronaldo as main reason for his fail, which is complete bullshit. He emp the shit out of us with all things under him.
They will ignore the fact that we were the absolute house built on the sand. Going down in most games, and rescuing it 2nd half.
Aided by there being no fans that season helping us keep the away record going.

Some absolutely horrific losses under him are hard to forget.
Still think Moyes was worse for what he picked up and where he left us though.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
In a sick way it's hilarious how when he joined us he was giving it lips about how the squad were "champions".
Then it slowly evolved to how he'd need "5 or 6 players" to win the European cup.

Then it slowly became "i picked up a squad needing a lot of work".

And annoyingly some people genuinely believe Fergie left when he did as he knew the team would instantly disintegrate!

I refuse to believe that any other professional manager could take that squad as low as Moyes did, or worse.

R'hllor

They will ignore the fact that we were the absolute house built on the sand. Going down in most games, and rescuing it 2nd half.
Aided by there being no fans that season helping us keep the away record going.

Some absolutely horrific losses under him are hard to forget.
Still think Moyes was worse for what he picked up and where he left us though.
Moyes made less of a damage, few months and way less money wasted, no harmful contract extensions (i believe) and his only buy after decent use in some periods managed to sell under Ole, as a sign of return of United way in eyes of United fans, funny shit that in hindsight.