Solskjaer's legacy and his future

tothetop96

He had a win rate of 54.17%

Moyes had 52.94%
Van Gaal had 52.43%
Mourinho had 58.33%
Rangnick has 41.67% - might be worse after today

We had good spells and bad spells under - he wasn't that good but he wasn't that bad. We played some good games against the top teams under him. Football was more enjoyable than Mourinho and more enjoyable than Rangnick's. Not good enough to be United manager but he obviously tried his best and loves the club. He was a mixed bag and I don't understand why people have such strong feelings of hate for him.

Reactions: Livvie

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain

Van Gaal had 52.43%
Mourinho had 58.33%

We had good spells and bad spells under - he wasn't that good but he wasn't that bad. We played some good games against the top teams under him. Football was more enjoyable than Mourinho and more enjoyable than Rangnick's. Not good enough to be United manager but he obviously tried his best and loves the club. He was a mixed bag and I don't understand why people have such strong feelings of hate for him.
Because their favourite manager aka the United legend Mourinho isn’t getting the same love. And apparently they don’t understand why :lol:

Robbie Boy

Because their favourite manager aka the United legend Mourinho isn’t getting the same love. And apparently they don’t understand why :lol:
People like Mourinho? What? Most acknowledge that they're all shite. It's the ones that will do anything to big up Ole's tenure that are the most annoying on this forum.

fergosaurus

When you realize that Ole was possibly doing more with crap than any other available manager could.
Sound argument. Let's not forget the fantastic job he did at Cardiff which only consolidates your point.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
People like Mourinho? What? Most acknowledge that they're all shite. It's the ones that will do anything to big up Ole's tenure that are the most annoying on this forum.
Yep. Read the posts. They are wondering why the toxic one is disliked and not Ole.

Robbie Boy

Yep. Read the posts. They are wondering why the toxic one is disliked and not Ole.
Riiiiggghhtt. Well, I have no time for any of them as managers tbh. But Jose was the only one I genuinely ended up disliking. All of them had pathetic spells here.

KeanoMagicHat

Moyes had 52.94%
Van Gaal had 52.43%
Mourinho had 58.33%

What I don't get is Solskjaer is still getting blamed for mistakes that Rangnick makes. Rangnick has been a poor interim, the whole point is to reinvigorate the club to the end of the season but hasn't at all.

Robbie Boy

What I don't get is Solskjaer is still getting blamed for mistakes that Rangnick makes. Rangnick has been a poor interim, the whole point is to reinvigorate the club to the end of the season but hasn't at all.
On the flipside; some are vindicating Ole by pointing at Ralf. It all depends what side of the divide you're on.

I have no dog in this fight as I have zero love for any of our post-Fergie managerial appointments. For me, they were all colossal failures, and the only argument left is: "who was the least shite". It's not a ringing endorsement for whoever comes out top of that particular poll.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Solskjaer has probably done more damage to this club than any other manager in the last 40 years.

Ralph1386

Look at the player Bruno was when he joined us versus the player he was when Ole left (and still is). This is what bad coaching does to you.

KeanoMagicHat

Solskjaer has probably done more damage to this club than any other manager in the last 40 years.
Or we get a proper manager next season and most of the same players look good again and we finish 3rd. Can't even blame Maguire today.

Ralph1386

No manager in PL history did more damage to his club than this fraud did to us.
There’s a reason why Liverpool and Arsenal fans were singing his name in unison at Anfield before he was sacked.

Don’t remember thar happening to another manager in my lifetime.

Roboc7

Said when he left he’d left behind a shit show that would have to be dismantled and he’d taken us full circle from when Jose left. The fake fawning over him and that silly exit video was just all unnecessary. All the talk about foundations and culture was just absolute nonsense.

But he’s gone now and just have to get on with it. RR hasn’t done a good job as a manager but maybe off the field he’ll help. Whole season has been an embarrassment, virtually no one will finish with any credit.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
There’s a reason why Liverpool and Arsenal fans were singing his name in unison at Anfield before he was sacked.

Don’t remember thar happening to another manager in my lifetime.
fecking Liverpool fans were supporting us in top 4 chase two seasons in a row. Some even supported us in CL this year.
All that because they wanted Ole to stay here.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Or we get a proper manager next season and most of the same players look good again and we finish 3rd. Can't even blame Maguire today.
I totally agree. A lot of the issues relate to the teams mentality and that is 100% on Ole.

twitter thread suggester
Yeah sure why not. Not like we lost 4-1 to Watford before he got sacked.

Ole lovers are tiresome.
I thought it was correct to sack him, but we have gotten even worse since his replacement took over.

b82REZ

We would have gotten top 4 with him instead of Rangnick
As bad as Ralf's been I think things were going to get much worse had Ole stayed on. No way he would have still had us mathematically I'm touch of top 4 still.

Robbie Boy

I totally agree. A lot of the issues relate to the teams mentality and that is 100% on Ole.
Spot on.

I think he technically left behind the best squad of all our post-Fergie post-Fergie appointments. However; the culture is rotten; players are unfit; tactically inept; have dreadful attitudes and not an ounce of a winning mentality. That's on him. A proper manager can indeed work with a-lot of these players.

KeanoMagicHat

Then he hasn't done the most damage to the club in 40 years then, has he? Gave me a lot of the best moments watching United in the past 9-10 years.

el3mel

When you realize that the team left by both LVG and Mourinho performed far better under the next manager than our culture reset boss and legend savior's team who don't give a feck about Man United or the fans in literally any game..

That's the legacy he left us with.

But Mourinho ruined the team and Ole left us in a far better place then where he started apparently.

SirScholes

Because he is left with a bunch a feckwits that ole signed
Left with a lazy culture that ole created

RedDevil250

Everyone says he left the club in a better place than he found it. I don't know, this team looks extremely shite filled with whiny and insufferable players who are crap.

KeanoMagicHat

When you realize that the team left by both LVG and Mourinho performed far better under the next manager than our culture reset boss and legend savior's team who don't give a feck about Man United or the fans in literally any game..

That's the legacy he left us with.

But Mourinho ruined the team and Ole left us in a far better place then where he started apparently.
You can judge until the next full-time manager comes in, Ten Hag next season, also Mourinho was 6th in his first season, United are 6th as well at the moment.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout

Moyes had 52.94%
Van Gaal had 52.43%
Mourinho had 58.33%

Exactly this. We had extremes under Ole - we were extremely good with some long runs, but extremely bad at times too. But under other managers since Fergie we were consistently boring and as can be seen, we lost more games under all the others except Mourinho.

Ole was no worse than the other managers and his win record second only to Mourinho - if he'd won that very close Europa cup his record would obviously look much better. I think people have forgotten exactly how dire things became under Moyes, LVG and Mourinho. I'm not saying Ole didn't deserve to go in the end - his choices became very suspect, but as supporters we had better moments when he was in charge, and still the best since Fergie.