Solskjaer's legacy and his future

Skills

Snitch
The worst Manchester United manager of all time? Even Moyes never got humiliated this bad.

Will you ever be able to look at 1999 the same way knowing, the same man was responsible for the most humiliating home loss for the club in modern times?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Probably not the best time to discuss this if you’re after objective answers.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
SAF lost 1-6 at home against City. It can happen. But Moyes was a far worse manager.

The Bloody-Nine

Apparently he's the best since SAF, despite spending 400 million and winning nothing. Atmosphere, and progress, stuff like that.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
As far as I'm concerned, Solskjaer the player and Solskjaer the manager are two different people and should be evaluated separately.

L1nk

Solskjaer's legacy is that he steadied the ship massively after Mourinho left it so poisonous, he's also helped to build a generally better squad for the next manager. The problem is that the board have given him more time than they should have, which is not entirely his fault, as much as I want him out and have never believed he's good enough, he should never have been given the job permanently in the first place. He's done good things here, but he was never going to take us to the next level, the club should have realised this and planned accordingly.

Trequarista10

I don't have any ill feelings towards Ole the player, nor even Ole as a person. He's a good and likeable guy.

He's just not a very good manager.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
No matter how you look at it, I’m optimistic for the next manager with this squad. The honeymoon is gonna be sweeeeeeeet.

Skills

Snitch
As far as I'm concerned, Solskjaer the player and Solskjaer the manager are two different people and should be evaluated separately.
Shame the same thought process wasn't used at any point in the last 3 years

IWat

He moved the squad in the right direction IMO. But pretty much everyone got carried away with the bounce we got after Jose left, the club felt forced into hiring him to stop a fan backlash and everyone seemed to forget the only managerial experience he had of top level football was getting relegated.

This is a self-inflicted wound that the fans who wanted him have to accept they've caused.

SER19

This result will be his legacy. A ruin of the club

FatTails

Worse than LVG and Mourinho, better than Moyes. Moyes for an equal amount of time as Solskjaer would've been beyond anything we've seen under Ole.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
If he resigns - then absolutely no hard feelings - you can't fault him for giving it a go. But he's causing harm now, he should walk.

Revan

Assumptionman
Right there with Moyes as the worst United manager most of United fans can remember. Probably worse than Moyes if you consider the backing he had.

Spent 420m, three years…to actually be worse than when he took over.

Personally, I hope I won’t ever see his face. Unless it is to replace Fred the Red, cause that is what he has made United, a total circus.

Guapa

Did a good clearing out job and built a good squad and passed it over to someone who knows what their doing.

Nero

He'll never tarnish his legacy. His status is cemented.

People will calm down once he's gone and actually thank him for at least leaving us in a better place than when he came.

Pronewbie

Peep
Stabilised the club and laid a very good foundation for the future after the shambles post-Fergie. If he leaves soon, his time will be looked at slightly positively - especially if the next manager does great things with this squad.

Ekeke

Took a very toxic environment and made it much better, for a time had some good results. But clearly wasnt the manager to take us forward and be competitive with the best sides. He's our Lampard, we need to find our Tuchel

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Worst United manager in my lifetime. Worst loss to Liverpool at OT ever. This after losing to them 4-2 last year.

Idxomer

We'll need a bigger buildup than what we needed after Mourinho, that's what people will realize in time.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Legend player.

Nepotism Inc. hire. Terrible, unqualified manager who should've never left Norway.

SAFMUTD

Best manager post SAF, attractive football brought back the DNA, played youngsters. Unfortunately he didn't got the CDM he needed to win the treble.

He'sRaldo

If he doesn't resign and waits for his sack payoff, then he's shredded it.

paulscholes18

Only because he’s OGS I have him ahead of Moyes, he has been miles worse than LVG and Jose.

Revan

Assumptionman
But this was not has it been for the last three years. It was always, ‘stop, cause he is a United legend’, always judged as Ole the legendary player, not Ole as the clown manager.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
It really does depend on how some of the signings go now. I was really happy with the groundwork he’d laid and if they kick on, then fair enough.

however, it requires Maguire to get some semblance of form back.

Roboc7

His legacy will be an expensive mess that took a long time to assemble. How much can be salvaged from it will depend on his replacement.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Shame the same thought process wasn't used at any point in the last 3 years
Those of us who have been critical of Ole and had our doubts about his ability as a manager have held him to that standard, aside from a few wankers who turned it personal and tried to revise his contributions as a player.

Unfortunately, the people who make the decisions at the club have been doing so out of pure romanticism, and it's held us back all along.

Revan

Assumptionman
Took a very toxic environment and made it much better, for a time had some good results. But clearly wasnt the manager to take us forward and be competitive with the best sides. He's our Lampard, we need to find our Tuchel
Why it is better now than when Mourinho was sacked? We look worse, more disjointed and should have probably had Maguire and Ronaldo sent off, in addition to Pogba.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I will always remember him for managing the squad well and playing some great football when he replaced Jose. We had an identity.

He sacrificed all that when he became a full-time manager and the football has been turd since then.

Bruno improved things but he has now been degraded to our level.

Thanks for saving the adidas deal by not missing out on CL on consecutive seasons.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
A caretaker who won the lottery and achieved above expectations for a while.

Skills

Snitch
Did Lampard ever get bummed as bad as this? I genuinely can't remember