Some of the posters are a disgrace.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
I don’t have an issue with praising Ole. I’m happy to see him do well. I have an issue with overtly knee-jerk proclamations that he is the right man to lead us back to the glory days based on a single victory. United’s inconsistency is worrisome. Ole’s tactical acumen is still suspect but I hope he proves me wrong.

Reactions: Ødegaard

RUCK4444

I agree. The long time posters from other clubs are generally good. The newbies who come and go are a big issue though.

I like debate, and discussion. But it’s all too polarised at the moment. That’s a reflection on how we live in 2020 though, not just football.
Exactly. There’s nothing wrong with debate and difference in opinion but the vitriol and childish comments about the manager in particular are an absolute chore to deal with.

It’s what sets the tone for the entire forum which in turn then prompts the back and forth after each win/loss.

jamesjimmybyrondean

There's way too much ego in this forum. All because of supporting a big club. Both Ole In and Ole out crowd need to be humbled

wolvored

We would all love Ole to turn the corner, get we playing like City or Liverpool at their best, but we all know its not going to happen long term. I think we win games with individual brilliance, not with coaching or tactic as we are as different as chalk and cheese within days of the last match. However, to wish we had lost when we won is ridiculous.

Andi Latte

Wow, some really precious snowflakes around. Let's talk about our hurt feelings.

How anyone can get so worked up over differing opinions or random statements by a total stranger, in a DISCUSSION forum no less, really is beyond me. The problem seems to be that in 2020, noone really wants discussion anymore. It's just about throwing a statement out there and reveling in a shower of agreement. Thanks Twitter et al.

Everybody who disagrees is wrong, 'pathetic', 'disgraceful' - an enemy basically. That's why threads like Ole out are just a rehash of the same 4-5 arguments for almost two years now. People just don't really want to listen to each other, all they want is to be right. OP is basically the same, throwing out his opinion on 'how to be a proper fan' and hoping for the sweet sweet online appreciation.

I'm afraid that's just the time we're in, everything has to be black or white, there's less and less room in between and disagreeing is more and more seen as an insult - which in turn leads to real insults, more hurt feelings and an even lower tolerance for differing opinions. But this too shall pass. Until then, try to at least not take everything oh so seriously :)

Also, please refrain from telling people how they should support their club. It's insulting and frankly, that's something I find 'disgraceful'. On the other hand, I don't really care, it's the internet after all and I could be a dog for all you know.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Mourinho's last year was the time I wished we lost (almost) all games. It might be irrational for some fans, but I just couldn't stand him (as United manager) and wished him gone ASAP.

WIth Ole, i still want us to win in every game. But if we lost, I want us to lose on big score; so there's no hiding.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Our fans dont know how to support.

I hated mourinho but I never wished for the team to lose even if I didnt want him to manage because his day will eventually come.

I hate the way our fans support its players and managers. Literally the worst thing about the club, makes me feel like we deserve Woodward because all we are is a money hungry team with glory hunter supporters that wouldnt be here if we got relegated.

432JuanMata

This wasn’t a shot at the CAF because it’s a lot better and sensible than social media and a lot of disagreement and arguing is what forums and football is about just couldn’t believe the amount of people wanting us to lose.

As I said I think we need a new manager but I feel some would prefer three 0-5 loses in a row than 5 wins in a row just to see the back of Ole. At the end of the day it be so nice for him to succeed here (don’t see it) but you support this club not players or managers

Bebestation

Wow, some really precious snowflakes around. Let's talk about our hurt feelings.

How anyone can get so worked up over differing opinions or random statements by a total stranger, in a DISCUSSION forum no less, really is beyond me. The problem seems to be that in 2020, noone really wants discussion anymore. It's just about throwing a statement out there and reveling in a shower of agreement. Thanks Twitter et al.

Everybody who disagrees is wrong, 'pathetic', 'disgraceful' - an enemy basically. That's why threads like Ole out are just a rehash of the same 4-5 arguments for almost two years now. People just don't really want to listen to each other, all they want is to be right. OP is basically the same, throwing out his opinion on 'how to be a proper fan' and hoping for the sweet sweet online appreciation.

I'm afraid that's just the time we're in, everything has to be black or white, there's less and less room in between and disagreeing is more and more seen as an insult - which in turn leads to real insults, more hurt feelings and an even lower tolerance for differing opinions. But this too shall pass. Until then, try to at least not take everything oh so seriously :)

Also, please refrain from telling people how they should support their club. It's insulting and frankly, that's something I find 'disgraceful'. On the other hand, I don't really care, it's the internet after all and I could be a dog for all you know.
:lol:

Says all about you that wanting your team to lose is looked as an opinion or a discussion

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite

I hated mourinho but I never wished for the team to lose even if I didnt want him to manage because his day will eventually come.

I hate the way our fans support its players and managers. Literally the worst thing about the club, makes me feel like we deserve Woodward because all we are is a money hungry team with glory hunter supporters that wouldnt be here if we got relegated.
That's the thing i also don't understand. What's wrong with glory hunter supporters? Why do they bother you? How would they make you support the team less, or change how you feel about the team?

If all supporters are like you, does it make you support the team more, or does it make you like the team more?

patty123

He is not expressing his feelings over a win. He is trying to point out how toxic the fan base is becoming, on both sides, when people want to express an opinion.
Mate our fan base has been that on and off for the past 30 yrs plus, from the "ta ra fergie" to the turning on giggs and wanting him out 03/04 to when rio held the club to ransom and threaten to go to chelsea if we didn't give into his wages demands, and how he was "threaten to resign or else" his words, to the abuse rooney took when he question the ambitions of the club, to the humiliation of moyes in front of his family and the world with that gay ass plane shite, to the abuse of certain players and now Ole.

I agree. The long time posters from other clubs are generally good. The newbies who come and go are a big issue though.
Jesus, would you ever stop blaming the problems on this site on newbies, as last time I fecking checked, it's not newbies starting these ole out, anti (insert any name) this player or that player threads, its full members like yourself.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Also posters here creating thousands of threads saying Ole is better than SAF, or Ole is the worst manager ever in football history, would not make any of those become true in real life.

Last edited:

432JuanMata

Also posters here creating thousands of threads saying Ole is better than SAF, or Ole is the worst manager ever in football history, would make any of those become true in real life.
I know I created the thread and it is just another thread that ends up talking about Ole out or Ole in. Fair enough to everyone be on a side that you think but wanting this club to lose games is terrible. As I said it is a small bit of our fans on here but it’s so disappointing to see.

el3mel

How are the fans glory hunters, when they have been following the club for 8 straight years now of being crap and without a single title challenge? If there were glory hunters supporting the club, then they have already left for long. United haven't been the club you support because they win things anymore. More like a laughing stock these days.

Bebestation

That's the thing i also don't understand. What's wrong with glory hunter supporters? Why do they bother you? How would they make you support the team less, or change how you feel about the team?

If all supporters are like you, does it make you support the team more, or does it make you like the team more?
Glory hunter supporters are people that stand here shouting for nothing but success and assume by crying for it that they are supporting this team.

They sit here at the same time wonder why a manager like Klopp doesnt come. I've said this enough times but Klopp wouldnt have come here and one of the major reasons is because of the type of supporter and what it represented.

Everyone laughs at Woodward for calling United Disneyland but alot of the supporters treat this club like the biggest tourist attraction with all the pressures In the world aswell when its bloody not. Klopp knew he wouldnt survive at United, he knew the type of fan was wrong, he wanted to rise a sleeping giant of a club and have a group of fans that would give him the time to develop his idea whether success comes or not, a type of supporter that gets behind the team and doesnt give him unnecessary pressure. He wanted to build a family of a club again - i had to go to University of Liverpool for a whilst so i really saw that develop bit by bit.

United and its supporters are different. Its money hungry and power hungry and will sh*t on its players and managers to be "the biggest club in the world" rubbish which we never were consistently except for marketing.

I dont care what people think of me but Liverpool supporters have always supported their teams better than Uniteds - even when for so long they had the worse type of player, you can even hear it at their stadiums - what are we? Just a bloody tourist attraction like Disneyland with some fans even wanting us to lose just to get that success again.

stevoc

Yes I would obviously, but he has shown no signs of doing that. Ego has got nothing to do with it. No it isn't a chapter in the art of war.
Would you prefer to lose 3 points now in order to get good results more points and entertaining football in the future, or win now and get less wins, less points playing mediocre mid table football till the end of the season.
How do you know any of that would be guaranteed had we lost today?

predator

Youth NITK
I agree but people will always disagree with one another. I wouldnt have it any other way. A world where every united fan has the same opinion is beyond comprehension.

Redcafe, I think, is probably the biggest and most influential football forum around. The mods, from my experience of following it since 2008, have moderated it impeccably to their credit.

Lately though, some of the negative posts towards Ole, Pogba, Maguire, DDG etc are just shocking and wouldnt look out of place on an anonymous twitter account.

Imo, football players are trained thoroughly to ignore online critics and have become accustomed to the crowd or 'the fans'. If you've ever been to a home game then you'll realise that the majority of the 70 000 united fans are supportive of the players and manager.

Now there are no fans I would hazard a guess that players are listening to the media more than ever.

Edit: I put 'the fans' in quotations because I was referring to what the players say. They always speak about 'the fans' in interviews as the ones they are playing in front of. I am not suggesting match going fans are superior to non match going fans.

I live a 20 min walk from OT and I occasional go to a match but I actually find it abit of an inconvenience going, I'd rather watch it on TV prior covid. There are fans out there that would kill to have the chance to go to OT so please, do not think I am saying match going fans are top reds and everyone else are glory hunters :lol:

Last edited:

stevoc

How are the fans glory hunters, when they have been following the club for 8 straight years now of being crap and without a single title challenge? If there were glory hunters supporting the club, then they have already left for long. United haven't been the club you support because they win things anymore. More like a laughing stock these days.
We won the League Title 7 years ago in 2013 mate.

stevoc

I'm counting the current season.
:lol:

feck sake mate i know it's not looking hopeful on the title challenge front but we're only 7 games in. If we win our game in hand we're 3 points off the top of the table so can we wait until Xmas at least before writing the season off.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
A consequence of the failed newbie system in recent years and mods evidently giving up on dealing with the excessive negativity. The United forum has turned into a slightly more moderated version of twitter.
Even that is debatable

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
A consequence of the failed newbie system in recent years and mods evidently giving up on dealing with the excessive negativity. The United forum has turned into a slightly more moderated version of Twitter.
This is an online discussion forum, and the moderator's work and duty is to provide a platform and conditions to facilitate opinions, not police them. The only policing is for those going against the rules. Just as positivity is not against the rules, neither is criticism of the team or its players.

PS: Constant unfair (I understand this is relative) negativity from individuals is frowned upon and if there is consensus in the mod forum and they have been either banned or warned.

Reactions: Gandalf Greyhame

Tarrou

If you are fervently Ole out I don't think massively irrational to want us to lose one game if you think it will get him the sack and we can move forward. If you think that is best for the club is it so terrible? I don't know it's a difficult one for me.

I pretty much got there under Jose as it was so evidently not working. I remember the feeling of ambivalence when we came back against Newcastle, of being elated with the result but also a bit depressed it meant Jose was staying. The situation under him felt hopeless. It's not a nice place to be for a fan, that's for sure.

Widow

Sick of reading how it's the newbie generation

Like full members have a monopoly on opinions

Also, very nieve to think the match day fans (I'm one of them) voices only speak gospel and because they go to the games they know more... Bollox!

I listen to many a short sighted gobshite at OT. True is, we have fans in their millions and a 76 tou stadium...

Opinions are just that, neither truth nor lies just opinions. Don't sway towards them but let people express theirs in whatever way they like

hungrywing

A consequence of the failed newbie system in recent years and mods evidently giving up on dealing with the excessive negativity. The United forum has turned into a slightly more moderated version of twitter.
What's the general consensus on the bolded part.

Also, any explosion(?) of users between the first and second-generation internet users was always going to be tough on the staff.

UDontMessWith24

Also, very nieve to think the match day fans (I'm one of them) voices only speak gospel and because they go to the games they know more... Bollox!

I listen to many a short sighted gobshite at OT. True is, we have fans in their millions and a 76 tou stadium...

Opinions are just that, neither truth nor lies just opinions. Don't sway towards them but let people express theirs in whatever way they like
Some of our match going fans are awful soulless twats demanding to be entertained. If Old Trafford was full against Arsenal at least 20k of them wouldn't know Nobby Stiles from Nobby Solano

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Glory hunter supporters are people that stand here shouting for nothing but success and assume by crying for it that they are supporting this team.

They sit here at the same time wonder why a manager like Klopp doesnt come. I've said this enough times but Klopp wouldnt have come here and one of the major reasons is because of the type of supporter and what it represented.

Everyone laughs at Woodward for calling United Disneyland but alot of the supporters treat this club like the biggest tourist attraction with all the pressures In the world aswell when its bloody not. Klopp knew he wouldnt survive at United, he knew the type of fan was wrong, he wanted to rise a sleeping giant of a club and have a group of fans that would give him the time to develop his idea whether success comes or not, a type of supporter that gets behind the team and doesnt give him unnecessary pressure. He wanted to build a family of a club again - i had to go to University of Liverpool for a whilst so i really saw that develop bit by bit.

United and its supporters are different. Its money hungry and power hungry and will sh*t on its players and managers to be "the biggest club in the world" rubbish which we never were consistently except for marketing.

I dont care what people think of me but Liverpool supporters have always supported their teams better than Uniteds - even when for so long they had the worse type of player, you can even hear it at their stadiums - what are we? Just a bloody tourist attraction like Disneyland with some fans even wanting us to lose just to get that success again.
That's BS. I don't think Klopp chose Liverpool because he knows their fans are "better" than United. Both sets of fan have glory hunters, and millions of supporters all over the world.

How did he know Liverpool's were better? By reading RAWK and comparing it to the Caf?

Last edited:

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Imagine you love a girl. She's hot and beautiful and everything you wanted. You've been with her for years but now she's put on a lot of weight and is no longer as hot as she once was. Now you can react in two ways. Either you will continuously badger her into getting back in shape and be frustrated with her when she won't do that. Or you will accept that this is who she is now and be satisfied with it or make your peace with it and continue loving her.

Now imagine the girl is Utd and the person you blame for this situation (Ole, Pogba etc) is the weight she's put on.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
The problem is that many aren't bothered with analysing what posters said and they opt in pigeon hole posters in Ole in and Ole out instead. I don't think that Ole is the man to take us to the next level. I believe that he had messed up big time in his first summer transfer window, that his transfer targets are somehow unrealistic, that our coaching is a bit shit and that his tactics against the smaller sides is not working. However I do notice positive sides of him as well. He's a great man manager, he loves the club and he got most of the toxic environment out of the club. Ole is out of depth but he did took us to the right path. Its a shame that he didn't or he wasn't allowed to surround himself with experience. If he did then he might have edged it in the job.

Irrespective of that, we do need experience irrespective of whether Ole is in or out of the club. That means a top DOF, a top head of recruitment and definitely better coaches.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks

That is some absolute bs.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

We haven't won the league for nearly a decade now. Glory hunters are gone. Its normal for clubs to sack their underachieving managers. This wanking around the underachieved manager is a United only thing and is often pushed by failed managers who are now pundits who tend to blame everyone for their sack apart from themselves.

For the record United's biggest problem is not the manager or the owners. The big elephant in the room is all this sentimentalism around times gone by. It's the reason why

a- we insist that the manager has power on issues that he shouldn't mess into rather then hire a suitable DOF and head of recruitment
b- why we keep players who are way past their expiry date (the likes of Jones and Rojo but also the likes of Carrick, Gaz and Giggs who should have left the club way before they actually did)
c- this obsession in hiring friends and family. You only have to look at Ole's coaching staff experience. Its shocking

So if we want to get back to the top then we need to put the club first again. No more British core BS, no more legends, no more great servants of the club, no more United way (whatever that means). We thrive to be the best and we leave nothing out of chance. This means the best players, the best coaching staff and the best management and the best board people this club can afford irrespective of their history, attachment or nationality.

Last edited:

Web of Bissaka

Agree.
The bias against the newbies and non-match day fans are undeserved here.
It's like only the full members are smart people and MD fans have strong worthy opinions.

So wrong and irrational on many levels - why want to feel superior over the others
There are equal smart and the opposite from both sides - it depends on which posters and the quality of their posts.
Geez why so much hate and division

red4ever 79

Worst thing is majority of them have never set foot in Old Trafford match going fans haven't and won't turn on Ole, obviously because match going fans can't attend and he doesn't get that same support.
Thats a ridiculous statement and absolutely not accurate. I know plenty of season ticket holders that want him gone.

Web of Bissaka

United Win = good
Ole not improving = bad
Ole still staying while not improving, showing more and more he's out of his depth = bad

If only Ole is improving as manager while he's in this job...

Ideally is if United continue to win and we replace the manager politely with class or Ole is brave enough to resign so United may get better with better skilled coach manager. But then the real world rarely works like that. The chances of that happening is almost nil. We know how superbly great and reliable Ed and his advisors are... I never want us to lose, so I have to disagree with those United fans who wanted us to lose just so the manager will get sacked, personally while I can understand why they think and reasoned that way, it hurts more seeing United lose.

I agreed with you until the last paragraph, and it’s because there is a big distinction between match going fans, and ‘internet’ supporters. It’s our online fanbase that is toxic. If we had fans in the stadium, it would drown out the crap that’s spouted.

I’m clearly not saying you have to live within a 5 mile radius of Manchester to be a fan, and there are a lot of great supporters who are never likely to see OT in person. It’s those who exist to slag off the club at every opportunity who are toxic, and the vast majority are remote supporters.

Odin

A little in jest, maybe every supporter should ask themselves these questions:
  • Happy when we win, happy when we lose? You are positive, naive, maybe irritating - and a supporter.
  • Happy when we win, angry when we lose? You are positive, passionate, maybe frustrated - and a supporter.
  • Happy when we win, reserved when we lose? You are positive, reserved, maybe patient - and a supporter.

• Reserved when we win, angry when we loose? Well, you sure need to vent it out.
  • Reserved when we win, reserved when we loose? Why do you even follow the game?
  • Reserved when we win, happy when we lose? Yes, you were right, just like a broken clock you were...

• Angry when we win? Don't call yourself a supporter, please.

Reactions: Sultan

jesperjaap

Right I understand when we have a bad result all the Ole out are in sticking the boot in and vice versa when we have a good result.

I’ll start by saying I think he isn’t the right manager and feel we should get rid but I was happy with the performance today and delighted with the result yet on my break in work earlier I wasn’t logged in and was reading posts and it seems a lot where upset that we won because Ole kept his job.

Remember at the end of the day players, legends owners etc don’t matter you support the club and want them to do well, yes I know what people where thinking if we lose it might be better long term but I have never wanted United to lose and never will.

Im sorry I had to make a thread but I feel it’s a big problem here. Yes everyone loves Ole and him performing well would see everyone happy and I’m sure everyone wants him as our manager winning trophies.

But you support Manchester United so remember that I can’t believe some weren’t happy with the win(I know it’s a small minority) but still.
You dont have to respect or agree with others opinions. What you have to consider is this is a worldwide forum. SOme of the comments could be from young fans and all kind of backgrounds. With such a diverse fanbase you are going to get diverse opinions. Some of these may seem childish or absolute drivel.

Personally I am not so bothered by these type of comments, just ignore them. The ones that half make me laugh but are irritating are the ones from people who think they are abslute experts on football, giving you tactical genius to prove to you they are absolutely right and your own opinion is nonsense.....oh shurrup :)

As for your original point on the toxic respons eto wanting us to lose being terrible against Ole and more importantly the club. Yes I get that, lets remember one thing though, his record is no better than LVG or Mourinho and I would suggest the toxic atmosphere against both of them was far greater and far earlier in there careers too. WOuld you have been defensive about the situation when it was them? Not a statement, just a question.

I really like Ole too and like you don think he is the right manager though. I wouldnt say I wanted us to lose as for me its only, a matter of time before he is fired anyway, but I do want changes soon.

For me, I have never been excited about any manager we have hired since Ferguson retired. Moyes did a good job at Everton but was a disciplined coach, not manager in my eyes when I wanted Klopp. LVG I thought was an arrogant manager, though he was the one manager I thought short term would get us in shape at least so he was a dissapointment. Mourinho was at the time the only option really it seemed, but was always going to en din tears as he had already lost his magic as a manager and he had a set way of football which was so against the tradiotions of the club and he failed to adapt to our club compeltely. SOlkjear of course should always have been a short term appointment, but the fantastic start to his career quire rightly got him the job permanently....but it is quite obvious to me, he doesnt have the man management or tactical nouse to move us where we need to be.

There is a decent appointment out there for us in Pochettino....BUT, personally I feel we should be going all out for Nagelsmann....maybe lazy comparisons, him being German. But I want him as much as I wanted Klopp originally after Ferguson retired. I think he could do a similar job here to Klopp has done. He would advocate the right kind of football, be good with the youngsters too. I dont tink he has quite the man management of Klopp but still gets the best out of his players and for me, he just has that aura of something special about him