Some of the posters are a disgrace.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
How that glory hunting works? So you become fan of some club when you are a kid (i think that 99% of fans start supporting some club while they are kids). And then when you are unhappy with that club, you go support other club? How the feck is that possible? How you can stop supporting one club and start supporting other?

That glory hunting term is a BS.
Being a glory hunter is a very real thing. We have millions of fans worldwide. Why do you think so many of those people chose to support United over the countless other options available to them?

I'm not knocking that in itself. I grew up in Tottenham, and people can support whoever they like, but if you chose this club during our glory years and you are now one of those that are 'disillusioned with the club' 'cannot find enjoyment watching us anymore' or words to that effect, then in my eyes those people have a bit of glory hunter about them

Morpheus 7

Top red thread!
I really don't believe anyone wanted United to lose yesterday. I think some fans are frustrated at Ole lucking out again, when we all know it will be the same bullshit after this break.

Reiver

Maybe some posts/posters are a disgrace but we're all entitled to an opinion. I find the way posters have a go at one another more of a problem. We all support United, it's ok to disagree or have a different opinion.

el3mel

There is a huge difference between creating a positive thread after we win (like the RB Leipzig one) and creating multiple threads that we see after a loss.

If you can't get giddy after a win, and become as happy as a 8 year old entering a candy shop, I'm sorry but there is something wrong with you. Having said that, creating a thread after a loss is perfectly fine as well, as long as it's not about the exact same thing that is being discussed in 10 other threads.

But, what the OP is pointing out, and rightly so, is some of our fans cheering for our opposition. So, you want us to lose a game so that a new manger can win the next game? How about get behind the team so that they win this game and the game after that and after that?! Hell, I don't think there'd be anything better than seeing a club legend win trophies with us. Hell, if you've not shouted or jumped out of your seat after we scored vs Paris or after McT scored vs City, I really hope you pick up any other team or another sport altogether
The RP masterclass thread wasn't really a "positive" thread on its own, it was just a troll aimed towards anyone who thought Naggelsman could be an option for managing us after Ole. Read it again. Such kind of threads creates even more problems and division among fans.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/yet...from-ole-gunnar-solskjaer-whoop-whoop.458488/

McTerminator

Right I understand when we have a bad result all the Ole out are in sticking the boot in and vice versa when we have a good result.

I’ll start by saying I think he isn’t the right manager and feel we should get rid but I was happy with the performance today and delighted with the result yet on my break in work earlier I wasn’t logged in and was reading posts and it seems a lot where upset that we won because Ole kept his job.

Remember at the end of the day players, legends owners etc don’t matter you support the club and want them to do well, yes I know what people where thinking if we lose it might be better long term but I have never wanted United to lose and never will.

Im sorry I had to make a thread but I feel it’s a big problem here. Yes everyone loves Ole and him performing well would see everyone happy and I’m sure everyone wants him as our manager winning trophies.

But you support Manchester United so remember that I can’t believe some weren’t happy with the win(I know it’s a small minority) but still.
spot on mate. I said before yesterday that if Ole lost he would probably deserve to go.

I said after the game that by definition he didn’t deserve the sack since he won.

what I will never understand is the people who want a run of losses to get rid of the manager, but wouldn’t apply the same logic to the ownership.

maybe agent Ole is secretly trying to relegate us to get the Glazers to sell and get Woodward and Judge our of the club.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
'Ole has no style of play' is fast becoming my least favourite thing on here.

He does have a style and its called counter attacking but nobody wants us to play that way. Then when he experiments with other formations like the diamond and we get a bad result all hell breaks loose.

He can't f***ing win.

We were very slow starters last season and he turned it around. This season we've won our 3rd game three games sooner than last season so I'm confident he will turn it around again.

He needs to stick with the 2 CDM's as it's making us much more solid. Greenwood coming back in for Mata will even have to happen too as Mata isn't really doing a great deal.

Pennywise

'Ole has no style of play' is fast becoming my least favourite thing on here.

He does have a style and its called counter attacking but nobody wants us to play that way. Then when he experiments with other formations like the diamond and we get a bad result all hell breaks loose.

He can't f***ing win.

We were very slow starters last season and he turned it around. This season we've won our 3rd game three games sooner than last season so I'm confident he will turn it around again.

He needs to stick with the 2 CDM's as it's making us much more solid. Greenwood coming back in for Mata will even have to happen too as Mata isn't really doing a great deal.
You can't counter attack a low block. The criticism of him is that he has regularly failed to show he has a plan for these teams. He does have a style of play against those teams and 9 times out if 10 it doesn't work

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Interesting thread thus far.

People's opinions and preconceived assumptions about football (and its various actors) inevitably change throughout the season based on how things pan out with their team.

That diversity and fluidity of opinion is why football forums like this one exists. If everyone had a nuance view of everything, Red Cafe wouldn't be interesting or as engaging. Polarised (and sometimes absurd views) is what keeps this place bubbling.

Case in point: For those who were upset at us winning against Everton, I don''t really see an issue with that. I personally was pretty happy with the 3 points but perhaps there are a group of people out there who are just sick of this cycle of inconsistency and what to desperately see change at the top. Both valid points to an extent but everyone is different.

Loyalty and passion towards a club isn't a measurable entity anyway and thus doesn't warrant judgement.

lsd

The Oracle
ok. I agree with that. You see posters going on about a player having .2 of a tackle more than another to player...

Stats are useful, but a lot of pointless stats in football, and I’d rather use my eyes than Excel to appraise a player.

I instantly ignore anyone who brings stats into a debate on football. They have no opinion after that as far as I'm concerned

el3mel

Counter attacking isn't a style. It's just a method of scoring you use when you have the opportunity to do. You can't simply win the league by doing nothing but scoring on counters every game, hence why it's not really a defined "style" of play.

Anyway we need to learn how to press more, move better in spaces and do more passing triangles. In order to break a low break you either need to have your players well drilled to move in tight spaces and pass short well to disturb defensive organization of the opponent, or depend on individual quality with out of the box shooting or individual skill getting past players to get the first goal. We should be able to do both, I believe. We have enough individual quality but we need to train more on how to pass and move in spaces much better.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
You can't counter attack a low block. The criticism of him is that he has regularly failed to show he has a plan for these teams. He does have a style of play against those teams and 9 times out if 10 it doesn't work
Since his first day in charge against Cardiff City only Liverpool n City have amassed more PL pts than Ole's Utd. Fact. So he has done something right.

Again some of the players at this club are letting him down as they have other managers.

I still back Ole 110%.

el3mel

Since his first day in charge against Cardiff City only Liverpool n City have amassed more PL pts than Ole's Utd. Fact. So he has done something right.

Again some of the players at this club are letting him down as they have other managers.

I still back Ole 110%.
Enough bashing of the players. They saved his job multiple times now whenever he needed them the most under pressure so they're definitely not letting anyone down. Honestly crediting wins to Ole and losses to players just throws credibility out of the window. They win together and lose together.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
I said before yesterday that if Ole lost he would probably deserve to go.

I said after the game that by definition he didn’t deserve the sack since he won.
Isn't this kind of thinking the problem? If the problem is inconsistency then why would one result make any difference at all? Shouldn't we try to think more deeply about all this?

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Top red thread!
I really don't believe anyone wanted United to lose yesterday. I think some fans are frustrated at Ole lucking out again, when we all know it will be the same bullshit after this break.
Forgive my ignorance but what exactly is a top red? It a phrase I’ve seen banded around on here but I’m not sure what it is or why it’s negative?

McTerminator

Isn't this kind of thinking the problem? If the problem is inconsistency then why would one result make any difference at all? Shouldn't we try to think more deeply about all this?
Who said the problem was inconsistency?

whether you believe in a manager or not they can only survive so many bad results in a row, beyond that it comes down to league position and beyond that silverware.

mid Ole can avoid the bad run of games (albeit by the skin of his teeth) and he can get us into the champions league again for the first consecutive qualification since SAF then he earns the right to go for silverware.

after our summer performance my expectations were to make top 4. With the strength of competition I think that would be a success this year.

If Ole can do that then go get Sancho in the summer or whoever he wants it would be his third full season. I’d expect top 4 and a trophy at least. After that he needs to be challenging for the title.

As long as Ole can achieve the above I don’t care how he does it and will buckle my seatbelt to take the bumps in the road as they come.

As an aside to the above, this season is a freak of nature, I’m almost prepared to write it off completely so long as we don’t totally fall apart. You might say that everyone has the same conditions, but that just makes it more unpredictable, not fair... casting my mind back to my science class, If your test conditions are rubbish your results will be too. The way the season is playing it could be Aston Villa’s year and that would not meanAston Villa were the best team in England, it would just emphasise what a mess this season is and how in the air it leaves everything.

I think we can therefore agree that my analysis is based on a little more than just one result (I agree that would be short sighted) and I have thought fairly deeply on the matter.

Grande

Being a glory hunter is a very real thing. We have millions of fans worldwide. Why do you think so many of those people chose to support United over the countless other options available to them?

I'm not knocking that in itself. I grew up in Tottenham, and people can support whoever they like, but if you chose this club during our glory years and you are now one of those that are 'disillusioned with the club' 'cannot find enjoyment watching us anymore' or words to that effect, then in my eyes those people have a bit of glory hunter about them
As someone said about the resentment in the USA recently: The most bitter is not to never have had anything, but to have had it all and lost it.

Holocene

I still back Ole 110%.
So at least we're doing well in an alternate table. Who does that remind you of?

We have a good squad of players.

Footy van de Geek

It’s very simple. Fan who think like this are accepting short term pain in exchange for what they hope/think is better for the club in the long term.

When Mourinho was grinding out 90th minute winners against Newcastle, Young Boys and Juventus near the end of his reign, I was openly gutted. I didn’t think he would be able to turn it around. Which was proven to be the case.

It’s the same with Ole for me. When we went a goal down, I wanted Everton to put me out of my misery and end Ole’s reign. I don’t think Ole can ever find the consistency we need. But if he is able to prove me wrong, then it’s win-win for me. My team becomes successful again.

If you are Ole in, that will frustrate you. You think he’s the right man. The bad days must hurt even worse when you genuinely think he is capable of managing us.

Maybe his recent outburst has shown a change in him. We might see a different Ole after the international break. Either way, if Ole can come through another tough month, in the form of December this time, then he’ll have shown some real resilience. The annoying thing is that you could accept the loss against Arsenal had we beaten Chelsea and Istanbul B.

Morpheus 7

Forgive my ignorance but what exactly is a top red? It a phrase I’ve seen banded around on here but I’m not sure what it is or why it’s negative?
It's a United fan that thinks he's better than others, looks down and belittles. You know people who don't think you support United as much as them. Things like not going to as many games or not being from Manchester. Big sign is backing a doomed manager to show unflinching loyalty, not because you believe in him or what your saying. It's just what a top red does.

glazed

As someone said about the resentment in the USA recently: The most bitter is not to never have had anything, but to have had it all and lost it.
The only way to hurt a man who has lost everything is to give him something back broken.

Cloud7

Enough bashing of the players. They saved his job multiple times now whenever he needed them the most under pressure so they're definitely not letting anyone down. Honestly crediting wins to Ole and losses to players just throws credibility out of the window. They win together and lose together.
That's part of the unwritten code of being a "true" United fan. Anything good = manager. Anything bad = players.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
That's part of the unwritten code of being a "true" United fan. Anything good = manager. Anything bad = players.
Nah. It's just for wannabe topreds. Funny how people are openly proclaiming here that they wanted Mourinho to lose matches to get rid of him as if that was ok. The state we are in now.

hobbers

Mourinho was a bit different because he openly wanted to get sacked. He would have been quite happy losing as many games as it took to get shot of Woodward. So wanting us to lose matches under Mourinho in those last few weeks was common sense really.

It's more difficult when the manager is more like Moyes, LVG or Ole and clearly wants to cling on to the job.

littleman

The biggest disgrace are those who put Ole or Martial or Pogba or Maguire before the club.

Greck

It's a disgrace no doubt but an even bigger disgrace things have to devolve to people rooting against the team for the clueless hierarchy to act. Think about the absurdity for a second, in Jose's final season he was rooting for his own demise and it still took months. You'd have to shite on Woodward's desk for him to consider weighing up the possibility of doing something

TheDoc

It's a disgrace no doubt but an even bigger disgrace things have to devolve to people rooting against the team for the clueless hierarchy to act. Think about the absurdity for a second, in Jose's final season he was rooting for his own demise and it still took months. You'd have to shite on Woodward's desk for him to consider weighing up the possibility of doing something
It's only in your head we've devolved that far, this is just how you perceive it. And your perception is trash, because in reality we just ended up third in a season where most rational people, our complete lack of a proper offense for half of the season considered, were expecting us to end up in the Europa League, and now we've had a bumpy intro to our new campaign but are still well within reach of the top having shown excellent form in some of the matches, and also leading the toughest group in Champions League after trashing two of Europe's finest.

So no we're not in a situation that's so dire you "have to root against the team for the clueless hierarchy to act", it's just you and some others acting out as if that was the case, because you're not very bright.

croadyman

I will admit I am convinced Ole isn't the right manager,however would certainly never want us losing a game just for him to get sacked.

In regards to the glory hunter thing I didn't get into football until around 92,however have been to old trafford many times and like to think I have good knowledge of the club.

Greck

It's only in your head we've devolved that far, this is just how you perceive it. And your perception is trash, because in reality we just ended up third in a season where most rational people, our complete lack of a proper offense for half of the season considered, were expecting us to end up in the Europa League, and now we've had a bumpy intro to our new campaign but are still well within reach of the top having shown excellent form in some of the matches, and also leading the toughest group in Champions League after trashing two of Europe's finest.

So no we're not in a situation that's so dire you "have to root against the team for the clueless hierarchy to act", it's just you and some others acting out as if that was the case, because you're not very bright.
You sound mentally unstable. Get a hold of yourself. I'm replying the post above mine about people rooting for Jose's sack in his final days. I don't think you're as thick as you sound, just lack emotional control

jackal&hyde

It is indeed, it is also a global problem amongst all forms of social media, doesn't mean it isn't a problem that needs addressing. Also a pretty lame excuse if that is your (not specifically you) reasoning for thinking something happens somewhere else so it's okay for me to do it. That just emphasises the problem and makes you apart of it.
This. Between Trump, some of the Brexit folk and other public figures the bar for public discourse has been set extremely low; the more hate you can spread, the more insults you can throw the "better" and if anything goes wrong, you can just hide behind "it's an opinion". Grown ups are acting like spoiled children.

The forum does look a lot better if you use the ignore function on the usual suspects. It's normal to be sad and angry after a bad game, to even want to vent for a bit, but there are a number of posters that seem to get a kick from acting in the most disrespectful way they can. They are mostly hurting themselves though as it's very unhealthy to be so dominated by hate all the time.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
We are 6pts off top 4 with a game in hand. We had a poorer start last year. Only won our 3rd league game in gw10.

People have wet the bed and thrown toys out too early. Win our next 3 games and we've had a reasonable start and will be right up there for top 4.

TheRedDevil2019

Booooooo OLEOUT!!! Doesnt change with the win.

2 years and we still dont have an identity or style. Even if we win the next 4 its still Ole out.
Give your head a wobble mate, look at the state of this.

Seriously, if you had been next to me in the stadium at a game booo'ing Ole, I'd of told you on the spot to F**k right off. Fake ass fan.

Last edited:

RUCK4444

Spot on.

Oldyella

It’s very simple. Fan who think like this are accepting short term pain in exchange for what they hope/think is better for the club in the long term.

When Mourinho was grinding out 90th minute winners against Newcastle, Young Boys and Juventus near the end of his reign, I was openly gutted. I didn’t think he would be able to turn it around. Which was proven to be the case.

It’s the same with Ole for me. When we went a goal down, I wanted Everton to put me out of my misery and end Ole’s reign. I don’t think Ole can ever find the consistency we need. But if he is able to prove me wrong, then it’s win-win for me. My team becomes successful again

If you are Ole in, that will frustrate you. You think he’s the right man. The bad days must hurt even worse when you genuinely think he is capable of managing us.

Maybe his recent outburst has shown a change in him. We might see a different Ole after the international break. Either way, if Ole can come through another tough month, in the form of December this time, then he’ll have shown some real resilience. The annoying thing is that you could accept the loss against Arsenal had we beaten Chelsea and Istanbul B.
Surely turning round results like in the Everton game is how Ole is proving you wrong though?

Look, I am not sure Ole is the right man for the job either, but I just cant see how wanting us to lose is ever a good thing. Would love for Ole to prove me wrong.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Top red thread!
Just go through the thread and see

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Top red is an accusation thrown at posters who want to stick with the manager by the ole out posters

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Where they? I don't recall hearing the majority of the stadium chant their name like they do Ole so frequently on match days...
They still chant Mourinhos name whenever he returns to OT whether it's with Tottenham or as a Sky sports presenter. Remember that awful game against Newcastle when we went 2-0 down after 10 minutes? We went on to win 3-2 and even though it was thought to be his last game with us they were still signing his name after the final whistle.

glazed

I said before yesterday that if Ole lost he would probably deserve to go.
I think we can therefore agree that my analysis is based on a little more than just one result (I agree that would be short sighted) and I have thought fairly deeply on the matter.
Well yes perhaps you have thought about it, but I guess it didn't come across that way in your OP.