Son Heung-min | arm no longer broken | heart could be

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Reckon that's the assurance signal spurs wanted to send before selling Kane.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
I didn’t realise he was that old - in that case I guess it makes sense to take the guarantee of big money into his mid-30s, even if it means forgoing the chance of trophies.

Great news for Spurs anyway.

slored1

Good for him. Nice to see that some good players extend their contracts at lesser clubs, even if there might be other more glamourous opportunities.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Think he just loves living in London and being content with being one of Asia's best ever players personally so not too surprised. If he really wanted to win stuff could've just held out for another 6 months and PSG would likely have been in for him.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
The time for him to move was gone a while ago, never had him as one to engineer a move away from the club but if he had done Levy would have sold him easily before Kane. There's never really any clamour from the media for him to move anyway compared to what Kane gets. He's Asia's biggest star, South Korean media don't fuss about who and where he plays for, he's just happy where he is.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Top player, a touch below the very best, Spurs paid what, 22mil for him? That is an absolute steal, I'd never really heard of him until Spurs got him, he wasnt on the list of wonder kids or anything.

redrobed

Not surprised at all by this - strikes me as a Shearer sort - kind of player that thrives in being a big fish in a little pond.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Not surprised at all by this - strikes me as a Shearer sort - kind of player that thrives in being a big fish in a little pond.
His move to Blackburn won him a title, and when he left Blackburn Jack Walker was going to charge an additional £5m if United wanted to buy him, and demanded the money up front (which no-one could afford back then). Newcastle had just been fighting with United for the title the year before.

Not sure you can play the 'little pond' card there.

Judas

Open to offers
I do find the strong dislike for Son absolutely baffling. He's a bit petulant and makes the most of situations like the majority of modern footballers.

Chief123

It must be so grim being a Spurs or Arsenal fan right now. Barely a glimmer of hope. It’s currently a banter fight between their fans to argue who’s the least shittest out of them.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
It must be so grim being a Spurs or Arsenal fan right now. Barely a glimmer of hope. It’s currently a banter fight between their fans to argue who’s the least shittest out of them.
Why I am pretty happy so far TBF, just signed Gil, got Lamela off the books, Toby looks gone with Romero coming in. Levy seems to be leaving it with Paratici to do his job.

redrobed

I’ve stuck by Utd through some pretty tough times these past 30 years but nothing like what they’re going through at the moment. Fair play to them.

Chief123

Why I am pretty happy so far TBF, just signed Gil, got Lamela off the books, Toby looks gone with Romero coming in. Levy seems to be leaving it with Paratici to do his job.
Of course any kind of progression is a good sign. But what’s incredibly hard is other clubs you are trying to catch progressing even further.

Even as a Utd fan and the millions we splash on players, it’s still a constant chase these last few years to get close to the ones we are challenging. Supporting a club which just sees great players come and go and just go sideways and backwards as a club would drive me nuts.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Of course any kind of progression is a good sign. But what’s incredibly hard is other clubs you are trying to catch progressing even further.

Even as a Utd fan and the millions we splash on players, it’s still a constant chase these last few years to get close to the ones we are challenging. Supporting a club which just sees great players come and go and just go sideways and backwards as a club would drive me nuts.
Not really, I have supported Spurs with a smile on my face through more grim times than right now. I'm a realist we wont be competing for the championship anytime soon as u said too many other clubs investing at a level which we don't. Outside of the league there are only 2 other domestic cups which again other stronger teams will be in for but there is always a chance. Its about perspective with the amount of money/talent Liverpool, City, Chelsea and yourselves have one of you is going to be disappointed come next June.

redmeister

I still think he's under rated. He was the 4th top goal scorer, 4th top assist maker and made the 4th highest chances from open play, in the league. That's in a league that is considered the best in the world.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
I still think he's under rated. He was the 4th top goal scorer, 4th top assist maker and made the 4th highest chances from open play, in the league. That's in a league that is considered the best in the world.
Yeah, there is no question that his production at the pointy end is elite. He doesn't do a lot in the buildup or defensively but that's not really his job.

I do think he is the type of player that could decline pretty quickly as he is very dependent on elite pace to run behind defenses and small bursts of speed to get shots off. He doesn't seem to have the craftiness on the ball or the pure poacher's instincts to remain highly influential if he loses a step. And he is entering the age range where sometimes forwards seem to lose that step overnight (ie, Alexis, Rooney).

OverratedOpinion

Don't most people agree that he is a brilliant player? Maybe a little bit streaky but otherwise I thought the consensus was that he is a huge talent.

Good for him. Nice to see that some good players extend their contracts at lesser clubs, even if there might be other more glamourous opportunities.
I think it shows the difference between players who have the really desire to be a winner and get to the top, and those who don't.

Son's a good player but seems happy being the big fish in a little pond.

Halftrack

I do find the strong dislike for Son absolutely baffling. He's a bit petulant and makes the most of situations like the majority of modern footballers.
Do they also exaggerate a hand accidentally brushing their cheek (because the other player was trying to stop them from grabbing him) to the point where the medics come on and put a neck brace on them?

He's a dirty shit who broke Andre Gomes' leg and somehow ended up getting more sympathy than the guy whose leg he broke. "He's not that kind of player!" Bullshit, he's been one of the dirtiest players in an already dirty team, he's exactly that kind of player.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Do they also exaggerate a hand accidentally brushing their cheek (because the other player was trying to stop them from grabbing him) to the point where the medics come on and put a neck brace on them?

He's a dirty shit who broke Andre Gomes' leg and somehow ended up getting more sympathy than the guy whose leg he broke. "He's not that kind of player!" Bullshit, he's been one of the dirtiest players in an already dirty team, he's exactly that kind of player.
Eh? Aurier's tackle broke Gomes' leg, not Son, Son was the initial contact that put Gomes off balance but it was Aurier's tackle that did the breaking. He is a play acting twat sure, but lets not distort facts.

Drygon

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Son Heung-min will be a bigger Spurs legend than Harry Kane (despite being a worse player) thanks to longevity if the latter leaves.

For instance, Rooney was never on prime Cristiano's level. But Rooney is a bigger Man Utd legend due to accumulated stats & played 15 years.

Drygon

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I wouldn't be surprised if Son Heung-min elevates his game on a new level like Karim Benzema (post-2018) if Harry Kane leaves

For years, Benzema used to be a meme player and even Real Madrid fans wanted to get rid of him. Benzema was not a top 10 striker in most people eyes. The likes of Lewy, Zlatan, Kane, Cavani, Aubameyang, Icardi, Immobile, Falcao, Higuain, Džeko etc. were rated a lot higher back then.

- 2016-17 season 11 LaLiga goals in 29 games
- 2017-18 season 5 LaLiga goals in 32 games

However, Benzema's production drastically improved after CR7 left and Bale massively declined.

- 2018-19 season 21 LaLiga goals in 36 games
- 2019-20 season 21 LaLiga goals in 37 games
- 2020-21 season 23 LaLiga goals in 34 games

Last edited:

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I wouldn't be surprised if Son Heung-min elevates his game on a new level like Karim Benzema (post-2018) if Harry Kane leaves

For years, Benzema used to be a meme player and even Real Madrid fans wanted to get rid of him. Benzema was not a top 10 striker in most people eyes. The likes of Lewy, Zlatan, Kane, Cavani, Aubameyang, Icardi, Immobile, Falcao, Higuain, Džeko etc. were rated a lot higher back then.

However, Benzema's production drastically improved after CR7 left and Bale massively declined.

Yeah but you got to look at the supporting cast and the coach. Benz still had Zidane and a good supporting cast around. The same can’t be said about Son at Spurs.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal

I don't really think the comparison works.

Benzema was a massively talented player in his own right who sacrificed his own goal scoring for Ronaldo, creating chances and drawing defenders away with his movement so that Ronaldo could make runs into the box and score goals.

Son is more like Ronaldo than Benzema (not in terms of talent, but in terms of role). He benefits tremendously from Kane, both directly from Kane's assists (9 of his 17 goals were assisted by Kane last year) and indirectly by Kane dropping deep and pulling CBs out of position, giving him opportunities to run behind the defense.

edcunited1878

Benzema was the perfect foil and did a lot of support for his attacking partners i.e. Cristiano, but he's always been a very good, top striker on his own. Carried the attacking load for Lyon and then has usually scored double digit goals for RM year in, year our...similar to Wayne Rooney did for United. Son has never been an out and out CF/striker.

Hisha

Supports
OLE OLE OLE I LOVE YOU

So you are on ‘The Fighting Cock’ as well.