Son Heung-min | arm no longer broken | heart could be

Coy Keane

I’m sorry but that is nonsense. What a squad of 23 players achieved should have no bearing on which of 2 footballers was better. That’s absurd. Where does it end? Was, for example, Louis Saha a better striker than Kane because he won loads more trophies?
Like I said: "I'm not saying that the higher number of major trophies always should be the deciding factor. That would be stupid."

But that doesn't mean that trophies don't matter at all. There's a middle-ground here. I think that the topic is too complex to simply start comparing two players FIFA style.

I'm running out of daily posts, so I'll end it by saying that I respect your opinion and understand your point of view :)

RVN1991

Pretty sure Ji Sung Park himself would agree that Son is on another level to him as a player.

Greatest Asian footballer of all time?

MUW4Eva

John O Shea isn't better than Steven Gerrard. You'd probably claim that though going by your logic. :lol:
How many last minute winners in front of the Kop in a Manchester United v Liverpool game, has Gerrard got to his name??

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Son’s a sick bastard and Conte brings the best out of him….also seems to have made him more consistent which was one of the black marks against his resume

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Pretty sure Ji Sung Park himself would agree that Son is on another level to him as a player.

Greatest Asian footballer of all time?
Son is one of the greatest Asian football player, but I am not sure if he is better than Nakata.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
He is in a patch of bad form. I have no doubt once it clicks with him he will go on a goal scoring run again.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
He's a twat. Gets away with behaving like a cnut on the pitch because he smiles a bit.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
He hit 30
Could definitely be.

Winger/wide forward has the steepest decline curve of any position in the game and the track record of such players in the PL after 30 is abysmal.

I certainly wouldn't write him off yet but I wouldn't assume its just a patch of bad form either.

izec

Could definitely be.

Winger/wide forward has the steepest decline curve of any position in the game and the track record of such players in the PL after 30 is abysmal.

I certainly wouldn't write him off yet but I wouldn't assume its just a patch of bad form either.
Think he is a slow starter. But i believe these patches will be longer and more frequent going forward, whilst he will also have periods where he will be on fire. He is still too good to go on a proper decline currently, but it will happen slowly for sure.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Real question is how long can he keep Richarlson on the bench? He’s looked dynamite when he’s come on, the opposite of Son, who’s looked….stalagmite?

Yeah, it works

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
What's happened to him this season?
Does this at least once a season. It's mostly ignored by non spurs fans, who only see the incredible streaks he has.

Incredible player and actually my favourite but it's one of the reasons he plays for Spurs and not Real Madrid.

Usually we let him play his way into form, in part because there's no other real option but he's got real pressure from Richarlison, who has been great when he's come on so far.

Then again he just turned 30 a month or so ago so according to this board's general consensus, glue factory soon. :D

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Wish he was at United

Antony----Bruno----------Sancho
------------------Son-------------

Deery

Dreary
Super footballer, left foot, right foot, from outside the box, straight in top corner, guys glitched…

Pat Cat

Wish he was at United

Antony----Bruno----------Sancho
------------------Son-------------
Why the feck would you want a world class winger to play out of position for the tragedy that is Jadon Sanchong

arthurka

I thought we would go for him when he was at Leverkusen but we didn't even dear to think about players playing in Germany.

NoPace

Son is one of the greatest Asian football player, but I am not sure if he is better than Nakata.
Really? I don't think Nakata wasn't considered the best player on his Italian teams which were probably Spurs' level. Son was Spurs player of the year 3 years in a row.

Lincm

Supports
Arsenal
Consistently performed since moving to the premier league. And he's grown from strength to strength. Overturned the notion that Asians can't deal with the physicality of English football. He will be hard to replace at spurs when he moves on.