Son Heung-min | arm no longer broken | heart could be

Raredaredevil

why because we're short of left sided forwards?
Don't we need a winger badly? Son can play on the left wing and he is one of the best wingers in the world. He can play on the left wing or a forward if one of our strikers is injured.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
So, will he just be a happy camper there when Kane leaves?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I mean they can make him the main man and he'll relish the opportunity of being their only genuine top level player in Kane's absence, or most likely he gets stroppy and ends up leaving the season after.

Even if Kane stays, Son is currently contracted until 2023 too, so next season with a year left and at 29... Would sort of be now or never to join a bigger side. I could see him at Bayern one day.

RonaldoVII

2 years left on his contract and Kane wanting to leave this summer? Be barking for him to sign a new one. Surely Spurs can't lose Kane and Son in the same summer? Probably prefer to sell him for cheaper next summer and get another year out of him hoping to steady the ship.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
2 years left on his contract and Kane wanting to leave this summer? Be barking for him to sign a new one. Surely Spurs can't lose Kane and Son in the same summer? Probably prefer to sell him for cheaper next summer and get another year out of him hoping to steady the ship.
I see Son staying at Spurs for a while yet. Can see him finshing his contract and then moving.

Bwuk

If he only had a year to go I could see City going for him.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
He’s a year older than Kane and his contract runs till 2023. I don’t think he’ll have a lot of takers at 31 years old.
Yeah, but the question is, with Kane going/gone will Spurs let a second big player go. I doubt it. If he stays this season then he may as well see his contract out.

As above, I just don't see Levy selling two big players this Summer.

IrishBlue1

Supports
Everton
If Son and Kane both go then Spurs are basically Crystal Palace with a big stadium.

iKnowNothing

Yeah, but the question is, with Kane going/gone will Spurs let a second big player go. I doubt it. If he stays this season then he may as well see his contract out.

As above, I just don't see Levy selling two big players this Summer.
On the other hand, what if Son sees Kane hand in a transfer request and get a move and decides to follow suit? He could really down tools etc. Levy won’t have a lot of leverage next year anyway, so he might be inclined to cash in this year and try out a proper rebuild.

chb23

Would love son at United. Better player for the team than Kane!

sillwuka

How much is Son worth do you think, 70-80 Million?

Also, love that Fergie mentioned that he would have liked to have managed Son.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Meh. He’ll have his 2 month patch of best winger before bottoming back out.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
He must have absolutely no ambition whatsoever.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
At 29 that's his chance to play for a top club gone, you'd think.

Deery

Dreary
Just secured his future for the next 4 years can see why he done it and probably loves it at Spurs..

mu4c_20le

Trophies are for egos anyway. Nothing compared to becoming a Spurs Legend.

8thWonder

What a waste. He should be challenging for top honours but instead he will waste his career at spurs and win nothing.
Not the place really, but, I'm completely the opposite, I want Grealish to stay at Villa, Zaha at Palace, Bissouma at Brighton, Son and Kane at Spurs, Tielemans at Leicester etc, I don't want the top 4 hoovering up all the talent as it just makes the league weaker and keeps everyone in their own bubble.

Even though it would inevitably be bad news for us, I'd love the equivelent to a salary cap to even the playng field a little...

But which top club was interested in him?
I'm sure there would have been quite a few who would love Son but not for the price and hassle Spurs would ask for and provide.

5 years seems strange though, limits his options for the future but maybe he feels its more secure for him and he's happy with that?

SuperiorXI

Not the place really, but, I'm completely the opposite, I want Grealish to stay at Villa, Zaha at Palace, Bissouma at Brighton, Son and Kane at Spurs, Tielemans at Leicester etc, I don't want the top 4 hoovering up all the talent as it just makes the league weaker and keeps everyone in their own bubble.
Oh it's no skin of my nose, I'd only be arsed if he thought about coming to United. Just thinking from his perspective he will likely look back with regret.