Son Heung-min | arm no longer broken | heart could be

Drygon

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Kane’s more consistent. Son does it in burst patches throughout the season. Part of why if you look at his stats he’s never hit a 20+ season.

A very good player, but Real Madrid standard? Yeah not sure about that.
Karim Benzema used to get same criticism for many, MANY, years until he got his shite together in twilight years.

Son is absolutely good enough for Real Madrid if Benzema managed to get away with his consistency issue.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Wow, such a high quality retort.
Thanks. Rashford isn't fit to lace Son's boots and it's embarrassing to see a Spurs fan suggest otherwise. Son has been one of the very best in his position in the league for years and would get into most sides in Europe. Rashford would not, whether he is coached by Conte or not.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Karim Benzema used to get same criticism for many, MANY, years until he got his shite together in twilight years.

Son is absolutely good enough for Real Madrid if Benzema managed to get away with his consistency issue.
:lol:
@Bale Bale Bale is pretty spot on, check his posts. Your hate boner for Benzema is absurd. A top 5 no.9 of the past 10-15 years is in no way comparable to a flakey wide attacker.

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
Thanks. Rashford isn't fit to lace Son's boots and it's embarrassing to see a Spurs fan suggest otherwise. Son has been one of the very best in his position in the league for years and would get into most sides in Europe. Rashford would not, whether he is coached by Conte or not.
Why have none of these top sides ever tried to sign him then?

As I said, he is elite in one or two areas of the game. Give him space to run in behind and he will punish teams because he's lightning quick and clinical, he also strikes the ball equally well off either foot. Ask him to contribute in possession though or create something against teams who sit back and limit his space then more often than not he'll have very little effect on the game and you'll barely notice he's even playing. Rashford at 22 already matched(albeit with a few penalties) Son's best output in a season so on what basis can you definitively claim that he'll never get anywhere near Son's level? He's already shown he can, he hasn't been able to do it as consistently as what Son is now doing in his late 20s but that comes with age, Son wasn't this good five yeas ago either. Rashford may never get there but if he doesn't it won't be because he lacks the ability, it'll be because he lacked the mentality to make the most of his talent.

I don't know what's going on with Rashford, maybe he will drop off the face of the Earth in the same way that Dele Alli has but for anyone who can remember beyond last week, he is still a player with all the attributes to be amongst the upper echelon of wide forwards.

Last edited:

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Why have none of these top sides ever tried to sign him then?

As I said, he is elite in one or two areas of the game. Give him space to run in behind and he will punish teams because he's lightning quick and clinical, he also strikes the ball equally well off either foot. Ask him to contribute in possession though or create something against teams who sit back and limit his space then more often than not he'll have very little effect on the game and you'll barely notice he's even playing. Rashford at 22 already matched(albeit with a few penalties) Son's best output in a season so on what basis can you definitely claim that he'll never get anywhere near Son's level? He's already shown he can, he hasn't been able to do it as consistently as what Son is now doing in his late 20s but that comes with age, Son wasn't this good five yeas ago either. Rashford may never get there but if he doesn't it won't be because he lacks the ability, it'll be because he lacked the mentality to make the most of his talent.

I don't know what's going on with Rashford, maybe he will drop off the face of the Earth in the same way that Dele Alli ha but for anyone who can remember beyond last week, he is still a player with all the attributes to be amongst the upper echelon of wide forwards.
This is just crazy talk. Tell me then what aspects of Rashford's game are elite?

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
This is just crazy talk. Tell me then what aspects of Rashford's game are elite?
Right now, none of them, which is why it's probably futile for me to keep carrying on with this.

As I recall though, I said he has the qualities to be as good as Son, not that he already is. Rashford does exactly what Son does but not yet at the same consistency. He makes the same out-to-in runs behind the opposition and finishes, or he cuts inside and whips the ball into the far corner. You don't score the free-kick he scored at Chelsea a couple of seasons back without having elite level shooting technique, he's not there yet in terms of Son's composure in front of goal but like I keep saying, he's 5-6 years younger than Son. This is a player who scored 17 in the league two seasons ago and 6 in 6 in the CL last season, yet because he's hit a rut you act as though I'm gassing up Andros Townsend.

Mentality is everything in football so if he doesn't have it then his talent will account for very little but if he does sort himself out then I see no reason why he couldn't reach Son's level.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Right now, none of them, which is why it's probably futile for me to keep carrying on with this.

As I recall though, I said he has the qualities to be as good as Son, not that he already is.
At the moment Rashford's work rate, weaker foot, off the ball movement, shooting are miles behind Son. His body language on the field is worrying too. The overhype in english player is probably not good for him either. However I do agree Son is better fit for a counter attacking side. Son is definitely the best Asian footballer this generation. He is ahead of Nakata to me only due to his consistency through out the years.

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
At the moment Rashford's work rate, weaker foot, off the ball movement, shooting are miles behind Son. His body language on the field is worrying too. The overhype in english player is probably not good for him either. However I do agree Son is better fit for a counter attacking side. Son is definitely the best Asian footballer this generation. He is ahead of Nakata to me only due to his consistency through out the years.
That's fair, though the difference between the two is certainly heightened by them currently being at complete opposite ends of the form spectrum.

I'm definitely not a fan of Rashford's on-pitch demeanour, he comes across as a moody teen. Needs to cheer the feck up and crack a smile once in a while.

Blood Mage

Forget Kane, if we want to spunk silly money on a Spurs player please let it be this guy. My favourite player in the league.

Drygon

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
:lol:
@Bale Bale Bale is pretty spot on, check his posts. Your hate boner for Benzema is absurd. A top 5 no.9 of the past 10-15 years is in no way comparable to a flakey wide attacker.
I don't hate Benzema. Since 2018, he became a top 5 no.9 and is currently the best player in the world.

I just haven't forgotten the perception of Benzema throughout most of his career is what people like you does say about Son right now.

TypeR

Two today with his left, including a curler into the top corner from out of nowhere. World class.

Good with both feet. Beats players with the ball inside and outside, and also moves well without the ball.

If there’s one attacking PL player that we should sign, it’s absolutely Son.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Getting on a bit now, the guy is good no doubt however.

He has always been viewed as just under that elite tier for wide forwards, and im not too sure why.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Getting on a bit now, the guy is good no doubt however.

He has always been viewed as just under that elite tier for wide forwards, and im not too sure why.
I thought he's always been rated as elite tier especialy since last season. Even I remember last year or 2 years ago, some pundit like Neville said United probably should sign Son instead of Kane or something like that.

BarcaSpurs

Is he the best finisher in the world? I don't think there's anyone else who has consistently outperformed their XG like he does.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
Is he the best finisher in the world? I don't think there's anyone else who has consistently outperformed their XG like he does.

Best finisher by efficiency: Son.
Best finisher by Volume: Lewandowski.

Son is a top 5 finisher alongside Lewandowski, Haaland, Kane. Son's finishing from any range with either foot is insane. Reminds me of Ronaldo without the heading ability. Those little stepovers where he shifts the ball onto his left and shoots is brilliant.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Fantastic player.

Even as an Arsenal supporter, I have to admit that he came across as a very decent guy in the All or Nothing documentary too.

He probably only has 1-2 more years left in him as a top player so I don't he makes much sense for any other club to acquire, especially at Levy prices.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
He was talented at Hamburg and Leverkusen but honestly never thought he would turn out this good.

Tavern in the town

Find it quite amazing how he’s never been the subject of interest from one of the top clubs over the last few summer windows. He’s the perfect modern attacker, if someone paid £100m for him a couple of years ago it’d have been money well spent. Could’ve been a Hazard replacement at Chelsea, Barca have needed a left sided forward for years, wouldn’t have even minded us making a move. I suppose they’re lucky the media attention is so centred around Kane.

James Peril

Fantastic player and has been top class for many years. A huge travesty for him personally that he has wasted his whole career at Tottenham, like Harry Kane has done. Son is 30 by the start of next season and has won 0 trophies, Kane will be 29 and also stuck on zero trophies. Not a single one.

At the end of their careers, there will be so much hate for Levy who never understood that he should have sold them both to create an even better squad. You don’t win anything with two top class players surrounded by dross like Höjbjerg and Dier.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
First Asian player to be awarded the Premier League Golden Boot. It's especially impressive when you consider that (a) none of his goals were penalties; and (b) he takes almost all corners for Spurs, which means he's not even in the box for a goal chance from these.

Well done Sonny - combining with Kane to be the most lethal strike partnership ever seen in the Prem. It will be a long time (if ever) before another Prem team duo gets even close to their combined tally of goals and mutual assists.

Last edited:

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Hes always world class when I watch him, and I rate him higher than a lot. Doesn't get the media attention, and wasted it all at spurs.

MUW4Eva

A top class player, still not the best Koren to play in the Premier League, but hey second is still a good place to be.

Winrar

Proud to see a world class player emerge and in his peak from my home country.

Also small kudos to him for spoiling Liverpool’s title in the last few weeks when they were in monster form

genardk

Supports
Juventus
any chance he might leave Spurs? surprised that he is not receiving much attention from top European teams..

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
First Asian player to be awarded the Premier League Golden Boot. It's especially impressive when you consider that (a) none of his goals were penalties; and (b) he takes almost all corners for Spurs, which means he's not even in the box for a goal chance from these.

Well done Sonny - combining with Kane to be the most lethal strike partnership ever seen in the Prem. It will be a long time (if ever) before another Prem team duo gets even close to their combined tally of goals and mutual assists.
Finally, please note: I'm here to discuss the Ukrainian situation - nothing else.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
any chance he might leave Spurs? surprised that he is not receiving much attention from top European teams..
I imagine it's because his contract runs until 2025 and he appears to be very happy at Spurs. So not much point in other clubs pursuing what is likely unobtainable.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.

As I recall though, I said he has the qualities to be as good as Son, not that he already is. Rashford does exactly what Son does but not yet at the same consistency. He makes the same out-to-in runs behind the opposition and finishes, or he cuts inside and whips the ball into the far corner. You don't score the free-kick he scored at Chelsea a couple of seasons back without having elite level shooting technique, he's not there yet in terms of Son's composure in front of goal but like I keep saying, he's 5-6 years younger than Son. This is a player who scored 17 in the league two seasons ago and 6 in 6 in the CL last season, yet because he's hit a rut you act as though I'm gassing up Andros Townsend.

Mentality is everything in football so if he doesn't have it then his talent will account for very little but if he does sort himself out then I see no reason why he couldn't reach Son's level.
Decision making is most of what separates the crazy good footballers from regular ones once you get to the premier league level.

Rashford is a poor decision maker and thats why he's unlikely to ever be elite

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea

Son is brilliant. Would love him at Chelsea over that nauseatingly mono-toned Kane. In terms of taking corners though? It’s roughly 3% of corners result in goals so it’s completely irrelevant.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
A top class player, still not the best Karen to play in the Premier League, but hey second is still a good place to be.
Fixed. And definitely, the best Karen is still Lukaku for every drama he brings.