Son Heung-min | arm no longer broken | heart could be

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Can’t lie, yesterday I was just thinking how much we could do with Son getting injured. He’s carrying Spurs’ attack, and we kind of need them to go away.

Then I wake up and this happens.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I guess Spurs will be allowed to sign an emergency striker then?

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
It's true though and by the laws of karma he deserved this.
I guess it was karma for Maguire to not get sent off last night for something that was quite similar then? Or is that different because he wears a Utd top?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Out for the season... rough. Spurs are fecked without him IMO. Just dont have enough options, goals, shots to get results.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Out for the season... rough. Spurs are fecked without him IMO. Just dont have enough options, goals, shots to get results.
It's tough but I think we can still get where we need to be. Alli could possibly play up front, Moura also plus we have Parrott who although only 17 is highly rated in the club. It's a big blow but I don't necessarily think it's a season ender for us.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Would be significant achievement from Jose to win anything or even qualify for the CL if both Kane and Son are missing for the rest of the season.
Bergwijn would need to step up big time with Moura and Alli.

Deery

Dreary
He was really starting to play well too, gutted for him. Does anyone know how it happened?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
It's tough but I think we can still get where we need to be. Alli could possibly play up front, Moura also plus we have Parrott who although only 17 is highly rated in the club. It's a big blow but I don't necessarily think it's a season ender for us.
Parrott is class, but surely not the man for today?

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
He was really starting to play well too, gutted for him. Does anyone know how it happened?
He put too much weight on it by carrying Spurs single-handedly.

Looks like he broke it at the very beginning of the game against Villa and kept on playing with it (this stuff often happens when adrenaline blocks the pain).

Deery

Dreary
He put too much weight on it by carrying Spurs single-handedly.

Looks like he broke it at the very beginning of the game against Villa and kept on playing with it (this stuff often happens when adrenaline blocks the pain).
Yeah adrenaline can block out the pain, even still he must be a tough cookie to stick it out with a broken arm and have such a good game.
Would love him at United.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I struggle to see how he's going to be injured for over 3 months with an arm injury? It's not like his arm was snapped in half either.

Andre Gomes was back faster with a snapped ankle.

SATA

No Kane and him now. Spurs aren’t going to score many. Dele Alli is a goalscorer but he alone can’t carry the Spurs attack by himself

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
No Kane and him now. Spurs aren’t going to score many. Dele Alli is a goalscorer but he alone can’t carry the Spurs attack by himself
No chance, he's not a natural forward. They'll probably have to use Moura up front.

Has it been confirmed just how long Son is out for? Weeks? Months? Full Season? If it's for a few weeks then even if they have a few bad results it won't destroy their season, but if its out for a month or two then they'll be royally screwed.

RedNed77

Jose is just as likely to play Vertonghen up front to make a point that he's been hamstrung by injuries and lack of support in January.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Parrott stepping up would be the thing that eases the blow, but it's a big ask for a 17 year old imo. The issue is you have only Alli, Bergwijn and Lucas to play every game as senior members who are attackers. No rotation, no real strikers. Sessegnon will get more games on the wing I guess, but still. Also the factor of Mourinho likes using his squad to make a point sometimes for what he needs, so he might go down that route til the end of the season. It's a big ask.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
I struggle to see how he's going to be injured for over 3 months with an arm injury? It's not like his arm was snapped in half either.

Andre Gomes was back faster with a snapped ankle.
Gomes is still not back playing, when he is he’s been out for around 4 months. If it’s a severe fracture, it could mean 12 immobilized weeks after the surgery. That would result in the season being over.

hubbuh

Would be significant achievement from Jose to win anything or even qualify for the CL if both Kane and Son are missing for the rest of the season.
Bergwijn would need to step up big time with Moura and Alli.
How significant an achievement would it be for Ole if we win something/qualify for the CL with Pogba out for most of the season as well as McT and Rashford out for prolongued periods?