Son Heung-min

Thiagoal

If this was the year 2000 then Son would be a United player! Pace, power and clinical! Exactly the sort of player our scouts should be looking for!

Superden

he would still be fergies no1 target. reminds me of a yorke. single most influential player in the prem.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Yeah different figures floating around, but anyway, Spurs are lucky to have him.

Alexit

Greedy today. Flashes of brilliance though.
That sums up Son in a nutshell. He's entirely too selfish for me. Selfishness can be good at times for an attacking player but, as we saw vs Arsenal, more often than not it ruins your team's chances of winning.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
I think some of the chances he was well within his rights to take the shot on. Worked the goalkeeper a couple of times. Not up to speed yet and not sure on his overall match fitness.

I do recall one instance when he should have passed back rather than try and work his way in field from the right for a shot with his left. The Arsenal box was packed, recycle possession, go again, don't try and dribble infield around three people.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

Seems to have found his goalscoring boots today. Two goals (so far) and an assist to Aurier which led to an OG.

tob

I wish Solskjaer & Co. would study how Son plays and try to implement that on Rashford.

I think Son is a "top-top player" (as Redknapp would say) and I see similarities between him and Rashford. Both not really an out-and-out striker, but has the ability to play there and be a threat in behind. Son is a direct kind of player that doesn't do a lot of tricks and has pace to outrun any defender. Attributes that I see in Rashford as well.

Obviously, Son is more of a finished article than Rashford and his knowledge on how to run and create is more developed. Plus his finishing is better. However, Rashford still has time to develop those things.

Looking at the likes of Mbappe and Neymar, whom both likes to do the little tricks here and there, I'd rather Rashford would look at someone like Son and watch how he plays.

marktan

I wish Solskjaer & Co. would study how Son plays and try to implement that on Rashford.

I think Son is a "top-top player" (as Redknapp would say) and I see similarities between him and Rashford. Both not really an out-and-out striker, but has the ability to play there and be a threat in behind. Son is a direct kind of player that doesn't do a lot of tricks and has pace to outrun any defender. Attributes that I see in Rashford as well.

Obviously, Son is more of a finished article than Rashford and his knowledge on how to run and create is more developed. Plus his finishing is better. However, Rashford still has time to develop those things.

Looking at the likes of Mbappe and Neymar, whom both likes to do the little tricks here and there, I'd rather Rashford would look at someone like Son and watch how he plays.
Sadly I just think there's night and day between their respective technique with the ball. I think Sons on the ball ability is closer to Ronaldos then Rashfords is to Sons.

Alexit

Selfish player but that back heel was delicious. Kane's tumbling finish is an apt symbol for Spurs.

tob

Sadly I just think there's night and day between their respective technique with the ball. I think Sons on the ball ability is closer to Ronaldos then Rashfords is to Sons.
Rashford is still young though and he's not terrible with the ball. He's shown glimpse of good touches and just need to practice more and be more consistence.

L1nk

Rashford has absolutely zero footballing IQ compared to Son.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Watching the Spurs highlights vs Red Star, why was this guy not talked about much? I'd never heard of him until Spurs signed him, and he is tearing it up now for what? 22mil Spurs paid?

PyroMan

Watching the Spurs highlights vs Red Star, why was this guy not talked about much? I'd never heard of him until Spurs signed him, and he is tearing it up now for what? 22mil Spurs paid?
Quite a few clubs were interested in him but there was that issue of his possible military service hanging over his head which may have put off quite a few teams.

He's turned out to be a really good player, and I have little doubt that he will be even better in a system which is played to his strengths (and not having him puppet to Sir Harry Kane).

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves
He was pretty well-known in Germany I believe, but played for Hamburg and Leverkusen so was under the radar outside the Bundesliga because he wasn't at Bayern Munich or Dortmund. Coming to the Premier league was always a gamble, but one that paid off for Tottenham. The talent was there, it was just a question if he can translate that to the PL. I really wanted him at United. Wouldn't have had to waste the LW or RW spot on Mata and Lingard.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
Every time i watch a spurs game, he's their best player.

Stacks

Quite a few clubs were interested in him but there was that issue of his possible military service hanging over his head which may have put off quite a few teams.

He's turned out to be a really good player, and I have little doubt that he will be even better in a system which is played to his strengths (and not having him puppet to Sir Harry Kane).
I doubt it. He is more of a Pedro than the lead hit man

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He just wasn't at this level tbh. He was always a good player but a step below what he is now.

I don't remember him being this fast either!

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham

The system plays exactly to his strengths. He even has Kane deeper than him so he can sit on the shoulder of the last defender.

We create/play more for Son than we do for Kane. The issue is that Son can be inconsistent, and is better in CL games than he is the league.

Needham

The system plays exactly to his strengths. He even has Kane deeper than him so he can sit on the shoulder of the last defender.

We create/play more for Son than we do for Kane. The issue is that Son can be inconsistent, and is better in CL games than he is the league.
Four sentences = 3 implied criticisms and 1 outright criticism.
We'll have him if you don't want.

iHicksy

I don't understand why we haven't gone for him. Unlike Kane he'd be attainable and we'd offer him way more.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Four sentences = 3 implied criticisms and 1 outright criticism.
We'll have him if you don't want.
He’s fantastic, he just gets overrated on here. His numbers are not exceptional because of erratic finishing and being a streaky player. If he worked on that he would be a bonafide world class attacker, but he misses too many easy chances at the moment.

He’s also a game winner on his day, huge in big games because of his ability to get something out of nowhere/pace, and has an incredible attitude and work ethic. Certainly my second favourite player in the squad after Kane, but very comfortably behind him.

Needham

He’s fantastic, he just gets overrated on here. His numbers are not exceptional because of erratic finishing and being a streaky player. If he worked on that he would be a bonafide world class attacker, but he misses too many easy chances at the moment.

He’s also a game winner on his day, huge in big games because of his ability to get something out of nowhere/pace, and has an incredible attitude and work ethic. Certainly my second favourite player in the squad after Kane, but very comfortably behind him.
How does it feel to now be getting the love from South Korea that Utd got during the Jisung Park days?

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
I don't understand why we haven't gone for him. Unlike Kane he'd be attainable and we'd offer him way more.
Probably because we're well aware he'd turn to total shit if we did. And he's not exactly consistent.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
How does it feel to now be getting the love from South Korea that Utd got during the Jisung Park days?
It’s nice. Big fan of the South Korean fans, they’re a great bunch. I’ve met a few in/around the ground and they’re so damn excited to watch him play, it’s sort of sweet.

VJ1762

Sonaldooooo!

Are there any koreans here? Is Utd still a popular club in South Korea?

iHicksy

Probably because we're well aware he'd turn to total shit if we did. And he's not exactly consistent.
Sorry, that's rubbish. He's spurs most consistent player in attack after Kane. His PL stats.

2016/2017 - Minutes 2063 Goals: 14 Assists: 9
2017/2018 - Minutes: 2292 Goals: 12 Assists: 8
2018/2019 - Minutes: 2033 Goals: 12 Assists: 8

Averages a goal every 2 games and provides a decent amount of assists. We'd kill for an attacker putting up those numbers.

Skills

Snitch
Sorry, that's rubbish. He's spurs most consistent player in attack after Kane. His PL stats.

Averages a goal every 2 games and provides a decent amount of assists. We'd kill for an attacker putting up those numbers.
He wouldn't be putting up those numbers here.

iHicksy

He wouldn't be putting up those numbers here.
Ok. So, let's just sign no one and not attempt to improve our squad and we can all sit on redcafe and lament how every player turns to shit when they join instead. ;)

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham

Actually, it’s not rubbish. Those numbers are great, but he’s a hugely streaky player. He goes on long runs of scoring once or twice a game, before having dry spells. He’s much less consistent than say Kane who spreads his goals across a season pretty well.

He also has a habit of being either fantastic or peripheral, there’s no in between. Those numbers are good, but should be better considering what we know he’s capable of.