Film Songbird (Dystopian Covid Film)

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC

Seems to be causing a stir online due to the timing.

Personally, I don't see much wrong with it. It's a film. 1984 was based on Stalin's Russia was it not? Released whilst he was in power.

Captain America was born out of fighting Nazis and Hitler, was released right in the middle of WW2.

Are people being sensitive or is the film in bad taste?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Looks like the regular serving of Michael Bay turd.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Seems a bit insensitive, especially as it portrays the government's attempts to control the spread as the enemy. Not really what's needed at this moment.

Looks shite too.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
A film based on a real life thing currently destroying lives. The twist is that it gets worse.

What kind of sociopathic weirdo would want to watch it?

It would be like making a film about Harvey Weinstein, only the chemical castration goes wrong and now he's a rapist Incredible Hulk.

You wouldn't like me when I'm randy.

Woodzy

The film was being worked way before the pandemic though right? I would think it would have been impossible to produce that in 7 months.

OleBoiii

That legitimately looks like a parody! :lol:

Hollywood's gonna Hollywood. Also, this is just the movie the US needs with all the conspiracy nuts that refuse to take covid seriously :rolleyes:

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
A film based on a real life thing currently destroying lives. The twist is that it gets worse.

It would be like making a film about Harvey Weinstein, only the chemical castration goes wrong and now he's a rapist Incredible Hulk.

:lol:

Take my money!

OleBoiii

The film was being worked way before the pandemic though right? I would think it would have been impossible to produce that in 7 months.
Well they call the virus "Covid-23" in the trailer. Obviously they could have gone back to change that particular part, but it seems like a very odd decision.

Also, the virus became known to the public about 10 months ago. If they started working on the film with a weak(borderline non-existing?) script, then it should be possible to at least make enough material for a trailer. The movie looks pretty shite, and it doesn't seem that special effects heavy either.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
I mean it's common for art and entertainment to riff on current events, try to reveal some hidden truth or just exploit it for cheap thrills . But to take a bad thing and then say: "but just imagine if it was really, really bad" seems quite novel, and like a marketing disaster waiting to happen. Surely the tried and tested money move is to make the film but have the central idea one step removed. Zombie's is the classic metaphor for social unrest. There are several lockdown films out there.

Could well be a smash though, Bay is the rich movie producer, not me. We make virus films with a little of that Barton Fink magic.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Also whoever makes trailers has zero imagination. Find a happy song, have it be sung slowly or creepily and add the occasional BWAAAAH noise inbetween shots.

OleBoiii

Also whoever makes trailers has zero imagination. Find a happy song, have it be sung slowly or creepily and add the occasional BWAAAAH noise inbetween shots.
Not quite the same but still:

buckooo1978

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello

You wouldn't like me when I'm randy