Television Sons of Anarchy

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Massively disappointed by this shitty ending and Sutter's reluctance to get rid of his poor actress of wife once and for all. The show has become a bigger joke than the joke it had already become.

Marching

Somehow still supports Leeds
Enjoyed most of the series so far. Sets the scene well for the next season.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Surely...

...the PD will run ballistics on the gun, bullets, and Jax's hand and find no residue and mismatching bullets (well, in the real world they would do this). Plus, the mere fact that homeless/street lady was shown foreshadows her finding evidence in the trash bin. Juice inevitably gets whacked, and Gemma ends up killed by her son (or goes to prison). I believe Jax will be killed eventually as well.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
It was always a bollocks show, pure pizza for the brain.

This year they seem to have taken themselves far too seriously and tried to go down the route of waaay too much dialogue and not enough people getting their heads caved in and whores.

The actors are terrible so they can't pull it off.

Lastwolf

I can finally see why Sutter was so pissed scared to kill off Clay, without Ron Perlmann, the show is lacks a bad guy, degrading the good guy character of Jax into his own bad guy just means we have no-one to route for.

The short shortsightedness of these characters is staggering, the fact that the cop left her alone in the house considering she's a known flight risk is fecking laughable.

The death of Opie took away the last half likeable character. Who are we supposed to even root for anymore, juiced ?

While I'm somewhat interested in what happens next, it's kind of with a grim dread.

DevilsOwn

Yeah, after Opie the only character i could care for for the over-acting Tara, and that too cause she atleast seemed to have her moral compass right. Now she is gone too.
Who is to one root for or care for.
Shambles.

LARulz

Opie was in my opinion the only character that was actually likeable without it being forced in your face like Jax early on. Killing him off was a shocking mistake just for the sake of having the shock factor.

As for the finale, predictable for the most part. I'm not fussed how it ends as there are really no characters I route for anymore so anyone can die for all I care. Just interested in seeing how Jax comes up with another "genius" plan to get out of this one.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Who needs someone to 'route' for. The way the show has gone next series will probably be mainly about them organising a charity bike run for the local hospital.

The appearance of Jimmy Smits inevitably leads to a show going down the shitter IMO. West Wing, Dexter and now SOA all turned to shite after he showed up.

kouroux

I liked the IRA guy, Gaalan O'Shea. It's a shame they had to kill him. Probably the best actor on the show. I have to say that I cannot bear Wayne fecking Unser anymore, him and his fecking voice, he irks me each time he speaks. Ideally, Gemma, Unser and Juice would all die fairly early in the season.

jem

Haven't watched the most recent season, but reading Eboue's post reminded me of how mind-numbingly retarded this show had become. There's nothing worse than a stupid person who fancies himself to be deep and/or provocative. Kurt Sutter is that person.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Just finished this. Shame really as the first 3 seasons were really good and got my out of my Breaking Bad depression but its gone a bit downhill (but still entertaining). The show seems to be like a white version of The Wire where fist bumps are replaced by bro-hugs and shoulder bumps are replaced by kisses on the neck. Intricate storylines are replaced by macho action sequences and drugs are replaced by guns.

Adebesi

Just finished this. Shame really as the first 3 seasons were really good and got my out of my Breaking Bad depression but its gone a bit downhill (but still entertaining). The show seems to be like a white version of The Wire where fist bumps are replaced by bro-hugs and shoulder bumps are replaced by kisses on the neck. Intricate storylines are replaced by macho action sequences and drugs are replaced by guns.
Id be amazed if you find many other people comfortable with that comparison, seeing as The Wire is unanimously regarded as the greatest thing ever on television whilst SOA is regarded as being a pile of shit acted by a load of numpties. I think people are overly harsh about this show but Im not sure The Wire is the comparison Id make. I guess you arent exactly wrong, but the bit in bold especially is quite a fundamental difference.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I have had all the seasons for about a year, but have only watched the first episode of season one. Didn't think it was great and haven't investigated further as of yet. Now that Boardwalk is on a break, I may give it another go, or try House of Cards, which looks really good.

Adebesi

House of Cards is a shitload better than SOA to be fair. Is Boardwalk any good? I watched all of season one though after the first couple of epsides I lost interest in it and found myself fannying about on my phone most of the time it was on, and then had no inclination to keep going with it. Shame as I had such high hopes for it.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
House of Cards is a shitload better than SOA to be fair. Is Boardwalk any good? I watched all of season one though after the first couple of epsides I lost interest in it and found myself fannying about on my phone most of the time it was on, and then had no inclination to keep going with it. Shame as I had such high hopes for it.
I have seen all of it apart from the latest season. I felt the same as you... it had great cast and VERY high production value but something was lacking... I cant quite put my finger on what. Season 2 I felt was the best one.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
I gave up halfway through season six as it was just ridiculous. It always has been but it was entertaining for a while. Then I just kept watching as I had started it, i thought I might as well. They are constantly involved in the most heinous of crimes, sloppy about it yet are never caught or find some way out of it. They are constantly involved in shootouts, often while sitting ducks on motorbikes and none of the main characters are ever killed. Even Opie would only have been regarded as a recurring character as opposed to a main one.

Anyway, i revisited it out of boredom and just finished season six. And it didn't get any less ridiculous. The comparison to the Wire is one of the worst things I've ever read!

Lance Uppercut

I am halfway through season five. As it is relevant to my interests, I really like it, despite how ludicrous it is.

Question; how many episodes before you discovered that Sam Crow isn't a character?

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
I'm two eps. into season one, not really feeling it. I honestly can't stand Charlie Hunnam no matter how hard I try. And the Scottish bloke from Braveheart is nigh on impossible to understand I've no idea why he's even in it, all he does is mumbles unintelligibly every now and again.

Tarrou

Finale tonight. I really feel like they've botched up the final season, even by the shows own absurd standards. They spent the first 6 seasons constantly delaying on all the big stuff happening, and now it feels like they have crammed a few seasons worth of big moments into the last season. To the point where there is zero shock value when a big character dies. I quite enjoyed the show overall, it's not to be taken too seriously, but it's definitely run it's course.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Finale tonight. I really feel like they've botched up the final season, even by the shows own absurd standards. They spent the first 6 seasons constantly delaying on all the big stuff happening, and now it feels like they have crammed a few seasons worth of big moments into the last season. To the point where there is zero shock value when a big character dies. I quite enjoyed the show overall, it's not to be taken too seriously, but it's definitely run it's course.

I've enjoyed it but this season felt like a chore tbh.

There's not really any satisfying ending left. I wanted Juice to get protection and moved to a safer prison. Gemma dieing was nessessary but in line with how fecked up everything has been, it didn't feel good.

It's just going to be a typical Kurt Sutter ending, all the storyline has been cleaned up so it will be guns blazing as black, brown, Chinese and MC'S go head to head as they all screw each other over.

Jax should be on the receiving end of mayhem but he's obviously found a trick to get out.

The ending I want is that Jax gets out with Wendy and leads a normal life but I highly doubt it will happen. It's a show about an MC and as far as MC'S go that would be a shit ending as real MC'S come ahead of family.

Tarrou

The only time I've genuinely just laughed out loud at a series ending. What the hell was that ffs? :lol:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
The jesus references were the most cringey things I have ever seen in my life.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
The 2nd worst finale I've ever watched after Dexter. The last 10mins were a fecking joke :lol:
The last 5 Seasons have been a joke. I've continued watching though. And I'm glad I did for that ending. It was simply brilliant. Kurt Sutter did his best Kurt Sutter Parody to top off a joke of a show. It really was hilarious.

Why did they simulate the whole execution scene if they all knew they were just going to shoot Happy in the arm. The poor cnut was taking a bullet in the arm. I'd say he was wishing they would just shoot Petey Dunham and be done with it. And how was a man who shot two people in broad daylight just swanning about town as he pleased?

And that ending. That final few minutes with the country music. It was fantastic. Such melodrama.
Would have been so much better if he'd just hit a little bump, fell off the bike and missed the truck and got arrested. I'm so glad it's over. I don't really know why i kept watching. It hasn't been good in a long time.

But that ending...

kouroux

The army of cops at the end, felt more like a convoy than chasing Jax. It was fecking, too much music and too much soap drama killed the show which had a great first season IMHO.
The entire faking of the execution makes absolutely zero sense :lol: , what was the point of that of making it so real to have Happy get shot ??? As a writer, when you come up with this, aren't there other people to point out how stupid the scene actually is ?