Television Sons of Anarchy

Loublaze

ATLien
The army of cops at the end, felt more like a convoy than chasing Jax. It was fecking, too much music and too much soap drama killed the show which had a great first season IMHO.
The entire faking of the execution makes absolutely zero sense :lol: , what was the point of that of making it so real to have Happy get shot ??? As a writer, when you come up with this, aren't there other people to point out how stupid the scene actually is ?
I thought that was stupid too

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
The shooting his brother and cop chase ending was stupid. Killing Marks outside the courthouse... there would have been people all over the place, including cops and media. And some random bloke sitting on the steps hidden under a blanket... nothing weird there. I did like the angel of death revelation.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
The army of cops at the end, felt more like a convoy than chasing Jax. It was fecking, too much music and too much soap drama killed the show which had a great first season IMHO.
The entire faking of the execution makes absolutely zero sense :lol: , what was the point of that of making it so real to have Happy get shot ??? As a writer, when you come up with this, aren't there other people to point out how stupid the scene actually is ?
:lol:

Yeah it was like they were all just cruising along at 40 miles an hour. I particularly liked the two policemen on motorbikes weaving in and out between each other. Just what you'd do in a high speed chase.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
The shooting his brother and cop chase ending was stupid. Killing Marks outside the courthouse... there would have been people all over the place, including cops and media. And some random bloke sitting on the steps hidden under a blanket... nothing weird there. I did like the angel of death revelation.
That too, I mean wtf did Sutter smoke when he wrote that episode :lol: ?
:lol:

Yeah it was like they were all just cruising along at 40 miles an hour. I particularly liked the two policemen on motorbikes weaving in and out between each other. Just what you'd do in a high speed chase.
Textbook police protocol during a high speed chase.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
That too, I mean wtf did Sutter smoke when he wrote that episode :lol: ?

Textbook police protocol during a high speed chase.
To be fair, I think it was some sort of invisibility cloak. We, the viewers, were just allowed to see him so as to follow the intricacies of the show.

Jammydodger7

Yeah but Marks would be extra cautious, he had a private security team and now he's just wondering around with one person ?
Yeah that is true, I don't thinkit was a great ending to be fair. The problem was everybody knew Jax was going to die, so there was no real shock value to be had, which is why they put in that stupid scene where Happy got shot in the arm, they wan't to have some sort of surprise element but it just didn't work!

Too man shows nowadays run their course way too long! To be honest, I can't think of many that have went out on top.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Killing off Jacks was obviously the best ending they could have done. It's just a shame they ruined the last 3 seasons (for me personally, I know people didn't like Ireland) with bad writing. I think making Jackson President killed it for me, even though it was inevitable it was going to happen. Still, the big moments in the final seasons still gave me a shock such as Tara and Opie.

cyberman

Last two seasons, every tense non finale confrontation ended with Jax saying "....back to our families". The rival would have a look on his face where hed slowly agree and conflict averted.
When you first see it, you laugh at the lazy pattern they fall into

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Finally finished this. Fecking hell, I don't think I've ever watched a show with such a hateful protagonist where the creators desperately tried to make him a hero. They actually turned Jax into Jesus Christ in the last episode, for feck sake!

The only people I liked at the end were Unser (another victim of psycho-Jax) Tig and Lyla.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Just finished the first season. Really enjoyed it.
It’s really really good fun at times and really really bad at others but the kind of bad you laugh at. I enjoyed it overall.

dbs235

As much as Clay seemed to be doing wrong when he was at the head of the table, it really did all turn to s*** when Jax took over from him.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
It’s really really good fun at times and really really bad at others but the kind of bad you laugh at. I enjoyed it overall.
Yeah, the dialogue got really bad later on. The scene where Clay is in jail screaming Amen Pussy is the cringiest but funniest thing i've seen on tv in a while though.

Andersons Dietician

All I’ve got to say is

“I got this”
-Opie

Man that scene cut me deep.

I quite liked the final season and the evolution of Jax from reluctant Biker thug who was often merciful to someone with nothing to live for and a completely broken human capable of incredible acts of violence due to what has happened to him.

That Opie thing was the start of that for me. He was a different character after that. Anyway some of the fluff inbetween like the whole trip to Ireland thing. Complete bollox.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Trying not to read any posts here. Finally got into it, nearly at the end of s1.

Enjoying it but it’s a bit daft at times. Like they considered Opie (?) could be being set up with the finance stuff but couldn’t work out that maybe he had been wiretapped secretly so decided to off him.

Also quite surprised that pretty much no one is likeable. It makes sense but surprised by it, being a series n all.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Good of Netflix to tell me who feckin dies at the end of this season in their s2e1 episode description

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Trying not to read any posts here. Finally got into it, nearly at the end of s1.

Enjoying it but it’s a bit daft at times. Like they considered Opie (?) could be being set up with the finance stuff but couldn’t work out that maybe he had been wiretapped secretly so decided to off him.

Also quite surprised that pretty much no one is likeable. It makes sense but surprised by it, being a series n all.
You're in for a ride, it’s genuinely very good at times and at its absolute worst it’s Fast and the Furious levels of ridiculous macho fantastic nonsense.

marktan

It's very action heavy, pretty bleak at times but there's always a ton of suspense and drama. My overwhelming thought with every season I watch is - feck living like that

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
I’ve got two episodes left of it.

Some of it is a bit over board times but disagree no one is likeable. Some of them come into it later but I quite liked all of Chibs, Tig, Jax and Happy is just straight up brilliant.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Just started season 4. So far, season 2 has been my favourite.

DoomSlayer

I loved SoA, was my thing back when it was released.

Never understood the criticism that many people have for shows that end up having many seasons and episodes. I've seen it in all types of genres, both in live and animated series. I guess some people create a story or picture in their head and get severely disappointed when it ends up differently. I prefer to just enjoy the ride and see what the writer intended, what he was trying to portray.

Overall, SoA is one of my favourite shows ever, Clay, Jax, Chibbs, Tig, Gemma, etc., so many great characters and the actors did an incredible job. Even someone like Darby, I just loved to hate him and see him get fecked over. :lol:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I’ve got two episodes left of it.

Some of it is a bit over board times but disagree no one is likeable.
Most of those in the club are dickheads, including Jax, although they try and justify where he is one (twatting the guy that cut him up - turned out he was a bellend etc). Obviously some more than others though.

The hacker guy and the prospect seem alright to be fair. Tara is alright so far. That’s about it I think. I don’t like the douchey cop much but he’s got some morals at least. Opie seems sound but he’s happy to murder for the club at the end of the day :lol:

If anything it’s a good thing as it’s more accurate.

Even someone like Darby, I just loved to hate him and see him get fecked over. :lol:
That scene in the bedroom was so uncomfortable. They did a great job with it.

Last edited:

DoomSlayer

That scene in the bedroom was so uncomfortable. They did a great job with it.
To be honest, there have been so many epic moments and scenes, that I'm not sure which one you are talking about. :lol:

It was always so funny seeing the club basically bully Darby everywhere they see him. :D

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
@limerickcitykid seemed they made an effort to make everyone more likeable in s2.

To be honest, there have been so many epic moments and scenes, that I'm not sure which one you are talking about. :lol:

It was always so funny seeing the club basically bully Darby everywhere they see him. :D
Ah I was thinking of the ATF guy in s1. I’m not good with names in series :lol:

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I enjoyed this series but it gets difficult because as the seasons progress, you have to buy more and more info Jax being smart... Which was difficult to do :lol:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
You're in for a ride, it’s genuinely very good at times and at its absolute worst it’s Fast and the Furious levels of ridiculous macho fantastic nonsense.
Season 3 ending was great and every bit both those things at the same time. It falls apart when you think about how it could’ve easily gone any other way but still very fun and unexpected. I knew Stahl would get what was coming to her but didn’t know it’d be then.