Sorry, but why is Rashford rated here? (Read the context)

romufc

Embarrassing thread. That guy is 23 years old, and has not even reached his peak yet. He's been playing with an injury for a while and wanted to represent his country.

He seems to be an absolute brilliant young man who has done more for the kids of this country then any of us will ever do on here, and by the age of 23.

So what he missed a penalty. It won't define his football career. He'll come back stronger. Ronaldo one of the best player's ever has missed a couple in a shootout, with one being in the champions league final.
Exactly. People forget what a fully fit Rashford can do. This break will do him alot of good just to recover both physically and mentally, he has had a lot to deal with over the last 18 months.

I hope he takes this time to review his game and look to improve where he can. Sometimes watching your team play, you can understand what is required from you.

I really want to see a fully fit firing Rashford, I have full faith in him to find his best form.

MU655

He kicks the ball in the net more than a lot of other players, perhaps?

vanrooney

Rashford is home grown, is extremly skillfull with a very high ceiling and very good stats. on top of that he seems to be a clever and good person. the question should be, how he cant be rated

Trainwreck of a topic when it was first made, and an utterly shameless bump to stick the knife in further after the penalty miss.

Takes some dedication to have this sort of agenda against one of your own players.

GailSpaceWynand

Yes, I signed up with this name.
I really don't understand the logic of bumping this thread after a penalty miss.

The poster argues this apparently shows a lack of mental fortitude required for success at the highest level yet Rashy has always been known as a big game player. Scored a lot of goals against top 6 opp. as well as decisive/key winners (PSG penalty was his first iirc).

How does one cold penalty miss after playing 70 odd minutes the entire tournament warrant a discussion regarding if he is good enough? (also considering he sent GK the wrong way)

Just to remind everyone he had 36 g+a last season when he struggled with injuries/form. Imagine what he will do once he recovers and regains form!

Fahad Jawaid

I think he was rated, because before his injury, he had a unique skill set for our team, from all of our players he is the only one who make runs behind the defenders and have the ability and pace to run on to through ball and finish. Whereas the other options Greenwood/Martial and Pogba all have either the tendency to enjoy dropping in and get on the ball, as opposed to running in behind.

This is the reason for his high goals/assists last season despite being poor for long periods, as he was always our out ball from Bruno/Pogba and sometimes even Shaw behind the opposition defense. I bet he had the most through passes received on to the space from all of our players.

However, despite all of this, he was really poor at taking players on, poor decision making on the ball, and overall he played more like a forward with erratic touches and passes with tendency to lose the ball more often than not.

It was one of the reasons why Pogba was drafted as LW, firstly it was because Ole wanted solid midfield pairing, secondly we had forwards (Rashford/Greenwood) playing as wingers and their inability to create something from the wings costed us against smaller sides. As it was mark Bruno out of the game and we would be toothless in attack as Pogba was far away in midfield and none of the others have the playmaking ability. It was also why Sancho was a priority of Ole to fill that gap.

I think a fully fit Rashford with his less erratic self coupled with play making ability of Sancho on Right hand side would make us deadly and give us something different from both sides. As we would suck teams in from right side with Sancho and then bam play behind them from left side with Rashford. It will also give him plenty of space to attack his full back one on one. So hopefully good times ahead.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Why do fans and pundits love rolling out the excuses for him?
  • He has been playing through injuries
  • He isn’t being used in his favored position
  • He is depressed
  • He is burnt out
  • He is still recovering from shoulder surgery
  • But other players are worse

I’m no Martial fan but if this was him barely anyone would be sympathetic towards him. I fully get that being a local lad buys you this little bit of extra leeway. But we’re way beyond that at this point. When do we start calling a spade for a spade?

wolvored

He has shown the injury was in no way affecting his form. He proved this by playing in the Euros instead of getting the op. He was an unknown when he started and started off right at the top and has slowly turned to shit. If someone would buy him I would sell.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Why do fans and pundits love rolling out the excuses for him?
  • He has been playing through injuries
  • He isn’t being used in his favored position
  • He is depressed
  • He is burnt out
  • He is still recovering from shoulder surgery
  • But other players are worse

I’m no Martial fan but if this was him barely anyone would be sympathetic towards him. I fully get that being a local lad buys you this little bit of extra leeway. But we’re way beyond that at this point. When do we start calling a spade for a spade?
Martial was called a fraud despite having similar stats and had received worse treatment than Rashford.