Other Soundbar

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
OP, do you have Sky? If so you wont do much better than the Sky Soundbox for the money. Also works with the Sky remote so no messy extra controllers.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Is the Sonos Arc ranked #1 or has it been surpassed?
Not sure but their equipment is top quality at the price point. Cannot be dissapointed.

I wast at a local hifi store with my olds last year and it was a toss up between Sonos Beam and equivalent Bose. Both sounded good for the price point (the Bose a little better) but I noticed that the Bose had a $1000 sub turned on with it. Asked the attendent to turn off the sub on the Bose and they weren't even close.

Proof that a brand name goes further than actual performance.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I want to start of a multi room speaker system, starting with a couple of speakers in the kitchen. Has anyone tried the Sonos One or Amazon Echo Studio? Going to try one of them to begin with.

The reviews on YouTube is say are slightly in favour of the Echo.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I want to start of a multi room speaker system, starting with a couple of speakers in the kitchen. Has anyone tried the Sonos One or Amazon Echo Studio? Going to try one of them to begin with.

The reviews on YouTube is say are slightly in favour of the Echo.
I have a Sonos One in our kitchen and one in our bedroom. Both amazing and as much hi fi as you need in those rooms and more.

In the living room I’ve just bought a Sonos Playbase and use that for TV / Films / Games and Spotify. Beautiful bit of kit.

Andy_Cole

I have Sonos ones in most rooms in the house. They are great. In the living room I have a Playbar, ones as rear speakers and a sub. It’s incredible.

One annoyance though with Sonos home theatre. They can’t read DTS which most blue rays are formatted rather than Dolby digital. It’s not the end of the world as it creates a fake surround sound but the movies that are formatted with Dolby no doubt sound better. No issues if streaming off Netflix etc though.

You’d think they’d just pay for the DTS license as really it’s audiophiles who are spending money on this tech.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I have a Sonos One in our kitchen and one in our bedroom. Both amazing and as much hi fi as you need in those rooms and more.

In the living room I’ve just bought a Sonos Playbase and use that for TV / Films / Games and Spotify. Beautiful bit of kit.
Our kitchen and living room is open plan and around 50m2. Would it give enough sound to be a decent listen in that sort of area? I can't put too much money into this at the moment so would eventually buy a second speaker.

I'll be interested to hear from anybody with the Echo Studio too!

Xeno

I have Sonos ones in most rooms in the house. They are great. In the living room I have a Playbar, ones as rear speakers and a sub. It’s incredible.
Can't fault Sonos except the price. The Play: 5s especially are awesome bits of kit that fill a room. After an ARC next...

Our kitchen and living room is open plan and around 50m2. Would it give enough sound to be a decent listen in that sort of area? I can't put too much money into this at the moment so would eventually buy a second speaker.

Not really, but I like it loud.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat

It largely depends on how loud you like your music. For me a play one would be enough but my friend has a play 5 for his open plan room. Easily enough.