Souness on Sky

hobbers

Daily dose of idiots on twitter getting angry about nothing.

Obviously nothing wrong with what he said. PL football is a man's game, for men surprisingly enough, and the referees should reflect that in how they officiate because the games flow better and matches are far more watchable when they do. Especially when there's such an outcry about the amount of stoppages and ridiculous time wasting in the men's game right now.

rajds89

A big fuss about nothing. We are coming off the back of a summer in which everyone in the media has said something along the lines of "massive for the women's game", I don't recall anybody getting offended by that narrative.

Tarrou

Well said. Sick of this bull shit. If she doesn't like what was said then feck off and don't come back.

Your welcome.
genuinely curious about why you’re so angry?

and where is she supposed to feck off to?

NotThatSoph

Nothing wrong with what he said.

We’ve had weeks of the “women’s game” being rammed down our throats - even though anyone with a pair of eyes can see it’s Sunday league level for the most part.

Good on them and I hope it does well and continues to grow, but enough with this men vs women nonsense.
That sounds very unpleasant, has your throat recovered yet? It's been two weeks so you should probably consider seeing a doctor.

I'm afraid I'm too much of a dinosaur, I have zero interest in women's football, it's garbage and I'd rather watch paint dry. In my defence, I feel the same way about league of Ireland soccer - for what it's worth, before I'm labelled sexiest.

Im fine however with women being in the studio in a pundit role following a male PL match, whilst they are less qualified than Neville and co to comment on mens PL football (they have they never played in PL) squirming and making faces such as she did would annoy me. This is only a story due to her reaction, not anything Souness said. Perhaps you are right however and she was only laughing at the innuendo, hats off to her if that was the case.
How big of you. Can't laugh about Souness talking about men blowing each other on the pitch, though. Sit in the studio, ok, but don't move your faces. Carragher can, that's fine of course.

Withnail

I'm afraid I'm too much of a dinosaur, I have zero interest in women's football, it's garbage and I'd rather watch paint dry. In my defence, I feel the same way about league of Ireland soccer - for what it's worth, before I'm labelled sexiest.

Im fine however with women being in the studio in a pundit role following a male PL match, whilst they are less qualified than Neville and co to comment on mens PL football (they have they never played in PL) squirming and making faces such as she did would annoy me. This is only a story due to her reaction, not anything Souness said. Perhaps you are right however and she was only laughing at the innuendo, hats off to her if that was the case.
And what about Jamie Carragher's reaction? Did you notice that? He was side on so it wasn't at noticeable but he's trying not to laugh. I think they were reacting to the double entendre.

BigDycheEnergy

For me the funniest part was the way he said it. He seemed borderline aroused by the display of "manliness" :lol:

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Nobody cares. Nobody.

People are defending Souness for a turn of phrase that nobody actually gives a Fcuk about. Yeah there was a more elegant way to make the point. “Top athletes going toe to toe” or something similar. But he was also note perfect on what he said too. It made perfect sense and we all know what he was saying.

Elcabron

That sounds very unpleasant, has your throat recovered yet? It's been two weeks so you should probably consider seeing a doctor.

How big of you. Can't laugh about Souness talking about men blowing each other on the pitch, though. Sit in the studio, ok, but don't move your faces. Carragher can, that's fine of course.
She can laugh all she wants, except she wasn't as far as I could tell.

You sound a little hurt in any event that we are not calling Souness a dinosaur etc. I'm sure you'll feel better when when there is a full 50/50 gender balance in the studio.

Elcabron

And what about Jamie Carragher's reaction? Did you notice that? He was side on so it wasn't at noticeable but he's trying not to laugh. I think they were reacting to the double entendre.
Yep just re watched it there's he is defo laughing in fairness so maybe it's the double entendre.

NotThatSoph

She can laugh all she wants, except she wasn't as far as I could tell.

You sound a little hurt in any event that we are not calling Souness a dinosaur etc. I'm sure you'll feel better when when there is a full 50/50 gender balance in the studio.
Where should Carragher feck off to?

NotThatSoph

From whence he came.
Alright, two for two. Last night Neville and Redknapp weren't too happy with what the other one said. I guess those two are out as well? Souness is often less than impressed with his colleagues, so he'd have to go. No more Keane of course, that's obvious.

Maybe Micah Richards could stay, he's pretty affable.

Elcabron

genuinely curious about why you’re so angry?

and where is she supposed to feck off to?
I'm a united fan, we were hammered 4-0 by relegation fodder on Saturday evening equalling our record for consecutive away losses.

Perhaps you heard about it?

Tarrou

I'm a united fan, we were hammered 4-0 by relegation fodder on Saturday evening equalling our record for consecutive away losses.

Perhaps you heard about it?
nicely avoiding the question

why are you so upset about Karen Carney making a bit of a face on tv?

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Graeme Souness has issued the following statement following his comments made on Super Sunday after the Nottingham Forest vs West Ham and Chelsea vs Tottenham games:

To clarify my comments from yesterday, I was referring to the two Premier League matches I watched live on Sunday afternoon, rather than the sport of football. Football is a game for everyone to enjoy.
Good statement IMO. No over-the-top groveling or apologizing. Just directly clarified the original comments and moved on.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
It’s a stupid thing to say when a female football player is sitting next to you and you are a pundit.
Well if Sky gave over with the fecking tokenism with presenters then it wouldn't be an issue would it !

I don't want to listen to women talking about the mens game.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I find it crazy he has to clarify his comments

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Nothing wrong with what he said.

We’ve had weeks of the “women’s game” being rammed down our throats - even though anyone with a pair of eyes can see it’s Sunday league level for the most part.

Good on them and I hope it does well and continues to grow, but enough with this men vs women nonsense.
This

RC89

Nobody cares. Nobody.

People are defending Souness for a turn of phrase that nobody actually gives a Fcuk about. Yeah there was a more elegant way to make the point. “Top athletes going toe to toe” or something similar. But he was also note perfect on what he said too. It made perfect sense and we all know what he was saying.
Many do unfortunately. Sad state of affairs.

Member 88164

What a lot of you on here seem to be saying is masculinity = aggression and violence.
There's no other way of being male?

I know exactly what Souness meant, and he does seem to be a decent character, but it was crass to make that comment in the light of England's women winning their tournament.
Maybe some of the reactions on here are soreness that your women did so effortlessly what your men have so consistently and often comically failed to do?

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Well if Sky gave over with the fecking tokenism with presenters then it wouldn't be an issue would it !

I don't want to listen to women talking about the mens game.
Bingo.

How many men if they are honest would choose to have a female pundit really? If Sky are that bothered why not use another channel with female pundits on it so people can choose?

Like the Covid thing - crowd noise on or artificial crowd noise off - the viewer's choice.

Female on or female off - they have plenty of channels to make it happen.

I won't be a total Dinosaur as I really enjoy listening to Alex Scott I think she is excellent. But Karen Carney is fecking awful.

Same as some of the male pundits are abysmal - Jenas, Shearer etc. Can we not just simply have some quality control?

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Graeme Souness has issued the following statement following his comments made on Super Sunday after the Nottingham Forest vs West Ham and Chelsea vs Tottenham games:

Good statement IMO. No over-the-top groveling or apologizing. Just directly clarified the original comments and moved on.
A proper man's statement

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
I mean he could have phrased it better but as much as I bitterly hate the guy, it was apparent as day he wasn’t trying to mock the woman’s game. No harm in calling it out so he knows the phrase it better next time. But blowing it out of proportion doesn’t help because it diverts away from the actual issues and if anything fuels the whole “woke” concept.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Bingo.

How many men if they are honest would choose to have a female pundit really? If Sky are that bothered why not use another channel with female pundits on it so people can choose?

Like the Covid thing - crowd noise on or artificial crowd noise off - the viewer's choice.

Female on or female off - they have plenty of channels to make it happen.

I won't be a total Dinosaur as I really enjoy listening to Alex Scott I think she is excellent. But Karen Carney is fecking awful.

Same as some of the male pundits are abysmal - Jenas, Shearer etc. Can we not just simply have some quality control?
It shouldn’t be about having separate channels or having a female for the sake of it. All that matters is whether they are good at the job. Scott is a good example because she’s actually a good pundit. But the whole point of not being sexist is that you don’t make decisions based on sex. Therefore you shouldn’t need to have a token female or purposely not have any either. Should just be based on who is good and who is shite.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
It shouldn’t be about having separate channels or having a female for the sake of it. All that matters is whether they are good at the job. Scott is a good example because she’s actually a good pundit. But the whole point of not being sexist is that you don’t make decisions based on sex. Therefore you shouldn’t need to have a token female or purposely not have any either. Should just be based on who is good and who is shite.
I totally agree.

NotThatSoph

I mean he could have phrased it better but as much as I bitterly hate the guy, it was apparent as day he wasn’t trying to mock the woman’s game. No harm in calling it out so he knows the phrase it better next time. But blowing it out of proportion doesn’t help because it diverts away from the actual issues and if anything fuels the whole “woke” concept.
Who's blowing anything, though? From where I sit I see some people saying he should've said it differently, very few using stronger words, and then I see a big stream of people horrified by the reaction that really isn't there.

Just here on Redcafe we have like five people talking about having women's football "showed down their throats", we have people talking about how we can't say anything anymore, how Karen Carney should feck off out of the studio, how all women should feck off out of the studio.

All because of a facial expression. Something that Carragher did as well but nobody is losing their mind because of that. It's crazy. They're proper angry.

Sviken

Jesus. People are so fecking sensitive about everything now.

CloneMC16

He said nothing wrong. He was talking about the men's game. Having to explain his comments is ridiculous. People will complain about anything.