Souness on Sky

Stacks

Isn’t Sounness actually quite progressive? I seem to remember he came out with some very thoughtful stuff around gay footballers?
Actually Souness has shown to be quite progressive in his views lately so I would give him the benefit of the doubt in regards to what he just said. In fact now that Pogba is gone I reckon a lot of united supporters might grow quite fond of Souness and his views.
He and Dale Winton are tight

Elcabron

Insulting another member
I don't mind which one you answer, if that helps

but it's okay, just ignore the post if you don't want to say
You asked a question and got an answer. Not my problem you didn't like the answer. Now leave me alone you woke wally.

Withnail

It shouldn’t be about having separate channels or having a female for the sake of it. All that matters is whether they are good at the job. Scott is a good example because she’s actually a good pundit. But the whole point of not being sexist is that you don’t make decisions based on sex. Therefore you shouldn’t need to have a token female or purposely not have any either. Should just be based on who is good and who is shite.
If they based it on who is good and who is shite they'd have to fire half the male pundits on the telly. So many clueless feckwits who don't do the bare minimum of research and can't keep up with changes to the rules of the game.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
You don't think your comment was sexist?
No I don't. Do you?

Sky never had women on the panel until the PC brigade got going and its not a crime to not want to listen to women talking about the mens game.
It's tokenism. I'm sick of it.
I should be allowed my own choices so long as I'm not breaking laws or deliberately goading people

I was jesting your reply by the way.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
What a lot of you on here seem to be saying is masculinity = aggression and violence.
There's no other way of being male?

I know exactly what Souness meant, and he does seem to be a decent character, but it was crass to make that comment in the light of England's women winning their tournament.
Maybe some of the reactions on here are soreness that your women did so effortlessly what your men have so consistently and often comically failed to do?
This is ridiculous :lol:

Withnail

No I don't. Do you?

Sky never had women on the panel until the PC brigade got going and its not a crime to not want to listen to women talking about the mens game.
I should be allowed my own choices so long as I'm not breaking laws or deliberately goading people

I know you were joking but your statement is by definition sexist whether you want to believe it or not:

I don't want to listen to women talking about the mens game.

Tarrou

You asked a question and got an answer. Not my problem you didn't like the answer. Now leave me alone you woke wally.
your answer had no relevance to anything I asked or anything being discussed in this thread

if you are unable to articulate what makes you so upset then maybe you're getting worked up over nothing?

hobbers

Maybe some of the reactions on here are soreness that your women did so effortlessly what your men have so consistently and often comically failed to do?
This is basically the same as asking if England fans would be furious if the England u17s won the Euros, because the seniors failed.

Elcabron

Quality control
No I don't. Do you?

Careful now. There are many offended wokies stalking this thread, some haven't been offended by a missed pro noun in a couple of days and are very upset that we(well me at least) have had a rant about some random bird on tv I never heard of until this thread. Poor fellas.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Careful now. There are many offended wokies stalking this thread, some haven't been offended by a missed pro noun in a couple of days and are very upset that we(well me at least) have had a rant about some random bird on tv I never heard of until this thread. Poor fellas.
I think people just struggle when they’re confronted with incredibly dim posts.

NotThatSoph

I think people just struggle when they’re confronted with incredibly dim posts.
For me, I take umbrage with the idea of dividing nouns into amateurs and professionals. If that makes me woke then so be it, but a pro noun would be entitled to a salary and that's going to be both a legal and bureaucratic minefield.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
How the World Went from Post-Politics to Hyper-Politics

https://tribunemag.co.uk/2022/01/from-post-politics-to-hyper-politics
This is a very good article and as people won't read it I'm gonna leave these two paragraphs here.

The lesson which has been learned from the ‘post-political’ era is that politics must be reintroduced into the public sphere. But without the re-emergence of mass organisation, this can only occur at a discursive level or within the prism of mediatic politics: every major event is scrutinised for its ideological character, this produces controversies which play out among increasingly clearly delineated camps on social media platforms, and are then rebounded through each side’s preferred media outlets. Through this process much is politicised, but little is achieved.

Our new ‘hyper-politics’ is also distinct in its specific focus on interpersonal and personal mores, its incessant moralism and incapacity to think through collective dimensions to struggle. In this sense, ‘hyper-politics’ is what happens when ‘post-politics’ ends, but not on terms familiar to us from the twentieth century — the form political conflict takes in the absence of mass politics. Questions of what people own and control are increasingly replaced by questions of who or what people are, replacing the clash of classes with the collaging of identities.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
This is a very good article and as people won't read it I'm just gonna leave these two paragraphs here.

In many ways it seems that the lesson which has truly been learned from the ‘post-political’ era is that politics must be reintroduced into the public sphere. But without the re-emergence of mass organisation, this can only occur at a discursive level or within the prism of mediatic politics: every major event is scrutinised for its ideological character, this produces controversies which play out among increasingly clearly delineated camps on social media platforms, and are then rebounded through each side’s preferred media outlets. Through this process much is politicised, but little is achieved.

In many ways we can describe this period as a transition from ‘post’ to ‘hyper-politics’, or the re-entry of politics into society. Yet our new ‘hyper-politics’ is also distinct in its specific focus on interpersonal and personal mores, its incessant moralism and incapacity to think through collective dimensions to struggle. In this sense, ‘hyper-politics’ is what happens when ‘post-politics’ ends, but not on terms familiar to us from the twentieth century — the form political conflict takes in the absence of mass politics. Questions of what people own and control are increasingly replaced by questions of who or what people are, replacing the clash of classes with the collaging of identities.
Christ, that's a big word salad. What does it mean?

Elcabron

In this political correct world people are so easily offended they can't even bear being told they said something dim. What is the world coming to?
I can bear it pal. Just pointing it out for what it was, that's all.

90 + 5min

People should leave Souness and stop trying to twist his words.

I like him as a expert. He knows football.

Tarrou

Dim is ok but wally isn't? Got it, thanks.
I didn’t report you for calling me a woke wally for what it’s worth. I don’t mind but find it funny how you got so bent out of shape over a simple question.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Grow up. There’s no way you’d rather listen to Micah Richards, Redknapp, Scholes, Hargreaves, Owen, Sutton, Jenas, over Emma Hayes or Alex Scott.

Quit being a goddamn blinkered snowflake. If you think you’d rather have sub par pundits just because they have testicles you need to reassess how you look at life.

You’re complaining about your own prejudice really as it’s not tokenism.

Elcabron

I didn’t report you for calling me a woke wally for what it’s worth. I don’t mind but find it funny how you got so bent out of shape over a simple question.
Let it go man. It's ok, really.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Who's blowing anything, though? From where I sit I see some people saying he should've said it differently, very few using stronger words, and then I see a big stream of people horrified by the reaction that really isn't there.

Just here on Redcafe we have like five people talking about having women's football "showed down their throats", we have people talking about how we can't say anything anymore, how Karen Carney should feck off out of the studio, how all women should feck off out of the studio.

All because of a facial expression. Something that Carragher did as well but nobody is losing their mind because of that. It's crazy. They're proper angry.
Ok. But it’s not redcafe I was basing it on. Not really sure what you’re aiming at me about.