Television South Park - Season 23

Amarsdd

brilliant episode! Basically summarized everything from the last six months.

Sylar

Did you like it babe?
Ha, Was fantastic I thought

I shouldn't laugh but the stuff with Mrs Nelson was dark but funny.

The whole thing was enjoyable, enjoyed both specials they've done (both county as season 24 - should have probably made a new thread)

Drifter

American
‘South Park’ creators ink massive deal through ‘unprecedented 30th season’ that also includes 14 movies

The boys are back in South Park, and they’ll be there for awhile.

“South Park” creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone have signed a 6-year deal with ViacomCBS through 2027, giving cable’s longest-running scripted show “an unprecedented 30th season,” Comedy Central announced Thursday.

In addition to the new seasons, the deal also includes 14 spinoff movies for ViacomCBS’ Paramount+ streamer.

“Comedy Central has been our home for 25 years and we’re really happy that they’ve made a commitment to us for the next 75 years,” Parker and Stone said in a statement.

The “Book of Mormon” co-creators skipped a new season of the animated series, which premiered 24 years ago next week, amid the pandemic in 2020 but did release “The Pandemic Special,” and this year, the “South ParQ Vaccination Special.”

“Matt and Trey are world-class creatives who brilliantly use their outrageous humor to skewer the absurdities of our culture and we are excited to expand and deepen our long relationship with them to help fuel Paramount+ and Comedy Central,” Chris McCarthy, president and CEO of MTV Entertainment and CCO of Adult Animation at Paramount+, said in the release.

McCarthy noted that “franchising marquee content ... is at the heart of our strategy to continue growing Paramount+.”

The $900 million deal is one of television’s largest-ever deals, Bloomberg report

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I'm surprised they got such a massive deal as I thought South Park was on the way down.

OleBoiii

14 movies is a pretty huge commitment! Parker and Stone are in their 50's, after all. Even if they make one movie per year, which in itself is crazy, they'll be stuck until they reach retirement age.

They still have to do most of the voice acting(which probably takes the least amount of time, to be fair), but I guess they could leave the writing to someone else? I'm not sure if they'd be cool with that, though.

Sylar

14 movies :lol:
So that would be movies for TV right?

I remember them saying, with technology and all, they can complete episodes in a week (or change things like when Obama became president, and they could change it on the case he didnt for the episode that aired a couple days later)
Oh and they would never do anything like Team America again.

I enjoyed the pandemic / vaccination specials, so they have a lot in the real world to rip on.
But I like it mixed with some of the random eps which have nothing to do with the real world, like imaginationland three ep arcs, or Scott Tenorman episode which is an isolated episode.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
“Comedy Central has been our home for 25 years and we’re really happy that they’ve made a commitment to us for the next 75 years,” Parker and Stone said in a statement

:lol:
"the year is 2072, and as the creative Parker and Stone have just realised "Asses of Fire 14: Terence and Phillip rise from the dead again", they have just signed up for another 20 year deal worth $78.1 Billion for 20 more films and 30 more seasons of South park"

evil_geko

Any chance of a South Park game to wrap up the masterful Trilogy?
Here's to hoping that $900m deal includes it!
Yep, it includes it.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/south-park-fractured-but-whole/new-game

It was announced this week on Bloomberg that the South Park duo of Trey Parker and Matt Stone had signed a huge $900 million deal with Paramount and ViacomCBS to bring a lot of content to their Paramount+ streaming service – including a lot of South Park, such as a new movie, six more seasons of the show, a whopping 14 spin-off features, and “a 3D video game”.

“We do whatever we want, and they are pretty supportive of it,” Matt Stone said of their current situation with South Park. “We’re the luckiest guys in TV in that way.” There was no other information regarding the game in the Bloomberg article, other than that Parker and Stone are financing it themselves – so will likely be even more heavily involved than they were previously.