Southampton 2022/2023 | Nathan Jones Sacked

Gandalf

Survived relegation scare last season and is not called Lampard or Gerard. I think after the Nathan Jones fiasco they are too scared to appoint an unknown at this stage and his familiarity with Hassenhutl's methods might give him a running start. I think it is dawning on the owners that Ralph was actually doing a fairly decent job with what he had and the decision to sack him was premature, of course Leipzig hired Marsch for his familiarity with Nagelsman's methods and that did not go very well.

RedRocket9908

It will be quite funny if Jesse Marsch gets the Southampton job and keeps them up at Leeds expense.

Southampton have Chelsea away this weekend then Leeds away so it will be a tough start for him if he does get it.

IRN-BRUno

Talks with Marsch appear to have broken down, seems he wanted a longer contract than Southampton were offering.

Some reports that Rooney is interested in the job, not sure that would be a good move for him right now.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Liverpool gonna have to look elsewhere now for another feeder club.

Baxquux

Bought poorly in recent years, sold Danny Ings and bought a bunch of Championship duds to replace him (Che Adams, Adam Armstrong).
I don't think Adams is a dud per se - with his physical profile and style there was every chance he could do a Callum Wilson or even Toney style step up, so it didn't look a terrible gamble - he just doesnt look a 1st choice CF for a Premier League team. If they'd kept Ings and used Adams as late sub backup or twin striker to create space for Ings with the right tactics (along with obviously using some of their other talent better i.e. Lavia) I think they'd be lower-midtable rather than bottom.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Cant say I'm sorry for them cause they treated Oršić like shit.
Genuinely no idea what happened there. He always had the knack of scoring big goals for Dinamo Zagreb in europe (often against English clubs) and assisted the Croatia goal in World cup yet he's made no impact whatsoever at Southampton and rarely even made the bench.

Guess he'll get loaned to another top level league like Bundesliga and do o.k.

el3mel

Won't lie, the league will feel a little bit weird without them.

Just need Everton to follow them if possible, though.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Shouldn't have sacked Hassenhuttl. You know your squad isn't upto the task and he has been getting then to perform above their level for couple of seasons now.