Closed

Discussion Live Updates 72 Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

trevor newnham

Supports
    Vigo RFC, Charlton
    we really need a clinical finisher.
    As an aside, Gomez was sensational against west Ham on Friday. He must be soon knocking on the door, not as a striker, I hasten to add, but as a number 10.

ArjenIsM3

People saying AWB has been fantastic while the first 10 minutes alone he gave the ball away on the edge of our 16 at least twice. Sure defensively he's been great but he really does need to improve his passing and build up play

reddevil702

Either I’m really underrating Southampton or we really are shite. The teams look level with only a moment of brilliance being the difference.

redom

Decent first half. Not getting enough from our fullbacks in attacking areas and Rashford has been poor too so a lot of territorial advantage has gone to waste.

Strats

Lindelof was incredibly shakey the first 10-15. Has grown into the game and been good since then.

Rashford has been atrocious, deserves to be dropped.

Ban

Pogba doesn't work well in this position. Everybody knows what's his position. Not enough players to cover for him so he can work his magic.

KennyBurner

pereira is such a waste of technical ability. He has hidden from the ball all game. I will note that he at least sticks to his position on the right much more than lingard does. he deserves a few more games before we think of bringing lingard back.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
    The United players are cowards. They hide and don't move into positions to help each other out. They actually step away from the ball.

Ace of Spades

Need more width on the right. Having both Periera and Mata in the same side is pointless, we need to keep the width out on the right. Mata has been better than Lingard, but still not great. McTominay has been good, putting a shift in and cleaning up when Pogba loses possession.

Pogba, Periera and Rashford our worst players.

Tony247

Rashford is gash, have no idea how he is seen as potentially world class by anyone. Reminds me of Theo Walcott mixed with Welbeck, pacey, lack of brain and no end product.
    Totally agree. In fact welbeck was better finisher. Bad ball control, bad passing, bad header and can score goals when opportunity presented. Cannot expect james like goal from him. He is still young but there is really long learning curve for him yet.

Superunknown

In this current form, James is a guaranteed starter. I originally had him down as more of a second half impact sub, but he has exceeded my expectations.

Quite like the look of Mata in the team. He may not have pace, but what we need in the side are more intelligent footballers like him. Our signings have looked great, so far. Just hope we can add to the score in the second half. There's definitely more goals in this game.

Mr Chutney

Mango Mango Man
    Pogba can feck off - strolling around and fannying around with the ball on the edge of our box - if we were playing anyone half decent we would have been punished by now.

Doesn’t seem arsed or committed at all, heads already off to Madrid, get him off!

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
    Pogba playing too deep. Understand he's there because the manager wants him there, but my goodness stop making these sloppy passes.

We really needed a Matic replacement. That is the only thing that greatly disappoints me this transfer window.

fps

pereira is such a waste of technical ability. He has hidden from the ball all game. I will note that he at least sticks to his position on the right much more than lingard does. he deserves a few more games before we think of bringing lingard back.
    Yeah he benefits the team for not being Lingard, but he's not up to standard.

Walters_19_MuFc

Good well worked goal. Fantastic finish by James, but apart from that, we've been awful.

We need to calm down and take better care of the ball.

MrBest

We have been average against a team that presses well. James has been good going forward always wants the ball. Rashford has been real bad as has Pogba. I think Mata is better than Lingard and has done better than i thought he would. Andreas, i just do not get what he offers. I would like to see Fred. Gutted no Gomes on bench but looking forward to see Greenwood and Chong.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
    Scout
    Considering we strengthened at the back and weakened everywhere else this summer it's been at the back where we've struggled. The back five poor in possession coupled with Pogba having a poor day on the ball has led to all our problems, they haven't created anything apart from when we've gifted them an in.

Rashford's disappointed me up front, but other than that we've done well, created good chances and scored a fine goal. Mata lacks mobility but it's been refreshing to see a 10 who can bring forwards into play, and James has been great.

Bobski

Southampton have been dreadful, so many situations given to them in that last 20 mins from Utds sloppiness and they have not been able to even fashion a chance, struggled to even get a ball into the box. Good thing because outside of the first 20 mins Utd have been poor, Rashford and Pogba especially, defenders have done well, even with Lindelof starting extremely nervously.

Great goal from James, so direct and simple in his game but hard to deal with.

Stadjer

Pogba playing too deep. Understand he's there because the manager wants him there, but my goodness stop making these sloppy passes.

We really needed a Matic replacement. That is the only thing that greatly disappoints me this transfer window.
    Someone like Rodri would have been great.

JG3001

People need to stop defending Pogba, 4 games in and it looks like he has lost interest again already. Could be one of the best but clearly does not want to do it here. Maintain that we should have got rid and bought 2 mids in his place, knowing our board they’d have just kept the money like they did Ronaldo.

AJ10

Nice goal by james, pogba doing his usual crap, Rashford been trash and surprisingly young hasn't been that shit.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
    Not a great performance (again), lovely goal by James though.
    We look really light in midfield, I'm not convinced by the McTominay/Pogba midfield pairing when we don't have the ball.

stu_1992

We've been okay. Started poorly but improved, especially after the goal. And what a goal that was. Absolute Banger from James 2 weeks in a row. As ever in these situations we badly need a second goal.

Russell_eire

Pogba has knocked 10 million off Real's inevitable last-minute bid with that 45-minute horrorshow.

Pereira has gone missing as well, but the rest are looking good other than that.

Roboc7

For someone who is supposed to be beat and tidy McTominay gives ball away a lot. Our midfield is all over the place, just 3 random players playing together with no understanding or awareness of each other.

Mal donaghy

Imagine, if you will a team of 11 players that ALL gave the same effort , drive, dedication as Daniel James is giving?? WE would be challenging for the title!!

Love the kid already, thats how you play in a Manchester United shirt.

TrueRed79

Oh the Pogba conundrum. On his day great but usually good. Today he should be hooked at HT. Absolute garbage.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

4.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 529 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Southampton win
  • Draw