Southgate set Rashford and Sancho up for a fall.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
And saka too. Making the young lad the 5th pen taker is pure stupidity.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Those were absolutely terrible pen choices. Two players coming on totally cold with barely any time to warm up and a youngster who has shown for over an hour that he wasn’t ready for such an occasion.

A disasterclass of choices. Really, really poor.

Dr. StrangeHate

Did it have to be our players? This will affect them for sure before the season has even started.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
The problem isn't him bringing players on for penalties. After all, Ole did the same to success in our final and was indeed criticised for not changing his goalkeeper too.

The problem is that he had Marcus Rashford and Jadon Sancho on his bench and didn't think they might win him the game other than with penalties.

Rektsanwalt

Supports
Schalke 04
They kind of choked. Obviously insane pressure, yea, Southgate fecked up but their pens were awful.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I fecking called it. It was clear as day. You’ve got 5 minutes left to play and the ball goes out three times before you bring them on.

No pressure lads but you have one job in this game.

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
More experienced players sat back and watched a 19 year old kid take a pen. Grealish is hailed as the second coming Christ and he didn’t take one. Pathetic.

paulscholes18

Bullshit, it’s a free shot from 12 yards they chocked simple as that, Rashford’s penalty was a fecking disgrace, stupid run up and to stick it wide was embarrassing

ExoduS

The problem is that our two stars are bench-warmers.... You would think our important attackers would be starters or at very least early subs...

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I get he wanted Sancho and Rashford on for pens, but give them 15 minutes you arsewipe to get into the game and have a feel of the ball.

Utterly threw them under the bus.
Would have to agree. I would say they did not feel appreciated just being brought on for penalties. Reminds me of Anelka versus us in the Champions League final.

Saka as well for the final penalty was a terrible decision.

I was hoping england would win just for the united lads. Italy were much better on the night though.

James Peril

Yes - and no. Rashford stepped, stopped, jumped…. This was all on him, pathetic penalty.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
F*cker took time in letting Grealish on the pitch, too. If Jack was there from the 2nd half, there probably would be red card for Italy, amount of fouls on him is ridiculous in almost every game.

Southgate didn't used full squad potential to his advantage and Italy looked knackered already vs Spain. Wasted opportunity and waste of time.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
The problem isn't him bringing players on for penalties. After all, Ole did the same to success in our final and was indeed criticised for not changing his goalkeeper too.

The problem is that he had Marcus Rashford and Jadon Sancho on his bench and didn't think they might win him the game other than with penalties.
Yeah that's exactly it. He made an atrocious call with Saka

Real Name

That and Saka as a 5th taker. Disastrous. Feel sorry for our lads. The fact he brought them in just for pens and not earlier is a disaster.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
It's okay player miss penalty. They were trusted but couldn't deliver.. no need to read anything more than that

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Worst thing is Sancho and Rashford aren't bum players. They could've turned the game in extra time.

wise_old_man

Bullshit, it’s a free shot from 12 yards they chocked simple as that, Rashford’s penalty was a fecking disgrace, stupid run up and to stick it wide was embarrassing
I can see Rashford has been taking penalty lessons from Pogba then.

Von Mistelroum

Literally left them in the cold for the entire tournament and then gave them 20 seconds to warm up for penalties in the final.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

That's the main issue. Southgate bottled a trophy that was there to be won in the best possible context

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
I have always felt this fecker has something against Rashford and Sancho. I don't care about England but I hope this doesn't scar them for upcoming season.

spiriticon

I fecking hate Southgate. That was a shocker of a decision.

Gives them barely any football all tournament and then asks them to take the most important penalties.

feck off

AFC NimbleThumb

Fans need to gather round the lads as the club did Beckham but a quick glance in the Rashford thread shows that won’t be the case.

Nick7

Poor management for me. They didn’t even get a kick of the ball but all the pressure of coming on just to take a spot kick. Insane amount of pressure.