Gaming Spider-man : Miles Morales - PS4/PS5

Bojan11

Deserves its own thread.

Regardless, as you'll see in the video and screenshot gallery, the ray tracing implementation is extremely good - astonishingly so for a launch title on a brand new console. This is exciting new technology in the console space and it's really just the beginning. Of course, RT comes with a requisite hit to performance, so what does this mean for the rest of the presentation? Well, the fidelity mode delivers a native 4K output at 30 frames per second, which is combined with Insomniac's brilliant temporal upscaling solution for a supremely crisp image. You wouldn't think this is necessary at 4K, but this combination eliminates most aliasing and there is a tangible boost in clarity across the game when compared to PlayStation 4.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-5/marvels-spider-man-miles-morales

85 on metacritic.

9/10 IGN

https://www.ign.com/articles/marvels-spider-man-miles-morales-ps5-review

9/10 Game informer

https://www.gameinformer.com/review...ider-man-miles-morales-review-an-electrifying

7/10 Gamespot

https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/marvels-spider-man-miles-morales-review/1900-6417599/

Tiber

Eurogamer gave it a great review

Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales inherits all that - rather than a full-on sequel this is an expansion that's, well, expansive, with a run-time not too much shorter than the original - and adds a little more besides. Having nailed so many of the fundamentals last time round, Insomniac has been afforded the opportunity to build upon the original in ways that further explore the character of Spider-Man. And it really helps that the person under the mask is Miles Morales

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...-blockbuster-gaming-at-its-breeziest-and-best

I want to see more games like this, use the base of an already great game to provide even more amazing story and fun gameplay without waiting 5 years for the full overhaul in the sequal

this is an expansion that's, well, expansive, with a run-time not too much shorter than the original - and adds a little more besides.
So much for the 'why isn't this a ten quid dlc!' moaning.

Sylar

This sounds awesome
Just recently played the original

stupid question but how do I get this? Is this a download or do you buy a new disc? Or what?

RedDevilRoshi

This sounds awesome
Just recently played the original

stupid question but how do I get this? Is this a download or do you buy a new disc? Or what?
It’s a brand new game. Disc or digital download from the PlayStation store. Make your choice.

Certainly does look fantastic.

Last edited:

Sylar

It’s a brand new game. Disc or digital download from the PlayStation store. Make your choice.

Certainly does look fantastic.
Thanks haha
Thought this was an add-on but even if it's half as good as the Spidey game this should be brilliant

No Love

The fact it’s being described as, “not too much shorter than the original” is promising and probably ensures this is going to be the game I pick up at release. I was worried it would be extremely brief, but this is reassuring.

izzydiggler

The fact it’s being described as, “not too much shorter than the original” is promising and probably ensures this is going to be the game I pick up at release. I was worried it would be extremely brief, but this is reassuring.
I’ve also seen estimates of 8 hours, which from what I recall is much shorter than the first, albeit with a lot of repetitive side missions to max upgrades and medals etc. I absolutely loved the first, so have ordered the Ultimate Edition, given the modest price increase for a lot of game but unless MM also has a load of extra stuff, I am assuming it’s going to be much poorer value for money.

But launch titles are usually overpriced and if it’s more of the same but in 4K etc (I only have a base PS4 and have just upgraded to a 4K TV), then I’m sure I’ll enjoy it, I’m just not expecting the world.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Gotta be honest, the world looks great. Spidey himself and the cars look a bit shit though. Apart from when he's wearing the casual get up, which looks much better than his costume. Animations look fantastic.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Eurogamer gave it a great review

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...-blockbuster-gaming-at-its-breeziest-and-best

I want to see more games like this, use the base of an already great game to provide even more amazing story and fun gameplay without waiting 5 years for the full overhaul in the sequal

So much for the 'why isn't this a ten quid dlc!' moaning.
That's how all the old games uses to be made.

Spyro 2 and Spyro 3 is built on the same engine as Spyro 2. Red Alert is a spin off and uses much of the same code as Command and Conquer. You don't need to reinvent the wheel of everytime. If the released a RDR2 Zombie Apocalypse edition as a full game I'd buy it.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Part of me wants to buy this, but it just looks so repetitive? I mean once you've swung ariund the sky scrapers for an hour chasing criminals then what more is there?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Part of me wants to buy this, but it just looks so repetitive? I mean once you've swung ariund the sky scrapers for an hour chasing criminals then what more is there?
Based on my experience with the first one, the swinging was incredibly fun and the story keeps it interesting. There's a lot of stuff to collect and find usually as well.

Once the story was over I lost interest but it was a solid game.

Bosws87

As with nearly every open world game side missions are repetitive same as collectibles, but the actual story is pretty decent it gets a lot better late on in the game.

Once you master the traversal of swinging and keeping the combo going you get round the map super fast and thats half of the fun.

The combat is ok, nothing special very similar to the batman games.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Has anyone else got an email from your retailer with a download code? What even is the download?

RedDevilRoshi

Has anyone else got an email from your retailer with a download code? What even is the download?
Yeah, got mines from Amazon yesterday. Basically the following:

Hello,

Thank you for ordering Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales. Your pre-order entitles you to the following content:

- The T.R.A.C.K Suit
- The Spidey Suit Number 2
- 3 extra skill points
- Gravity well gadget

Berbasbullet

Yeah, got mines from Amazon yesterday. Basically the following:

Hello,

Thank you for ordering Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales. Your pre-order entitles you to the following content:

- The T.R.A.C.K Suit
- The Spidey Suit Number 2
- 3 extra skill points
- Gravity well gadget
Oooh I was hoping they messed up and I got the remastered version too :lol:

Berbasbullet

I kinda wish I pre-ordered the remastered version instead now considering how short the story in this game is.
Aaah that’s a shame, I only recently finished that one so no desire to play it again at the mo.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
I platinum'd the remaster the other day, loved it! Looking forward to playing Miles, I only did the first mission to check it out.

I had to play in the performance mode on the remaster so missed out on ray tracing, as in motion 60fps looked so much better. Seems the latest Miles update on PS5 includes RT at 60FPS!

Somewhat annoying for those who have played through and completed already I imagine? Great for me though

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I platinum'd the remaster the other day, loved it! Looking forward to playing Miles, I only did the first mission to check it out.

I had to play in the performance mode on the remaster so missed out on ray tracing, as in motion 60fps looked so much better. Seems the latest Miles update on PS5 includes RT at 60FPS!

Somewhat annoying for those who have played through and completed already I imagine? Great for me though
Sweet!! You need to finish NG+ to get the platinum on MM so this will give me an incentive to go back & play it again.

Bojan11

Who played it though?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Apparently has a 60fps mode with ray tracing now. I sold mine at CEX as couldn't see myself ever wanting to replay it.