Sport Witness: Man United row between Bruno Fernandes and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer dismissed as 'lies'

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I said our squad is shit - you disgree but can only name 6 good players. Of those six players, I would think only Bruno would be considered a top player by the majority of people (Greenwood has the potential to be, but isn't now).

It's the worst squad United have had in 40 years.
I gave 6 to make a point - you can point to VDB, Matic, DDG/Henderson, etc.

Your squad is never full of top players from top to bottom, if that's what you're oddly trying to suggest. And it's not the worst its been in 40 years either, what a weird claim to protect the manager :lol:

AFC NimbleThumb

It’s the second manager he’s letting down. His last few “performances” have been amongst the worst I’ve seen from a utd player in 30 plus years following. Jogging around laughing And showboating and then issues yet another come and get me to Madrid on the international break. I don’t know how people still defend his performances.
All irrelevant; this is a thread about Bruno Fernandes knowing how sh*t OgS is yet somehow we’ve got a tangent about Pogba ‘showboating’.

There are countless threads to nail Pogba in, how that’s become the case in here given it’s about our fan favourite not rating the manager really does emphasise the fact he can’t win & never will.

“people still defend his performances”, what!?

romufc

I wouldn't trust Castles or his cronies. He is a Jose's mouthpiece and is bitter how Jose was sacked.
Exactly, the transfer window just gone shows that he cannot be trusted. It seems journalists are putting anything up about Manutd because of all the negativity around the club.

The club really need to get a grip of this now.

Judas

Open to offers
To me this is a bit like the Pogba vs Jose debate again potentially. If it came down to it, I know who I'd rather remain at the club and who I believe has a greater chance of being part of us getting back to being a great team again.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I wouldn't trust Castles or his cronies. He is a Jose's mouthpiece and is bitter how Jose was sacked and has been mocking Ole since he took over.
Yeah lets stop this odd, blind bitterness towards journalists shall we? This was also reported by Laurie Whitwell for the Athletic a few days ago too - unless you think he also has an agenda.

Focusmate

Supports
Non League
He was probably sold the move - we are going to keep building we will challenge we are Manchester United etc.
He now faces reality with some players who arent good enough others who dont care and a manager who seemingly isnt taking the club where Bruno imagined.
Suspect his frustration is a lot more than just a manager swap

El Zoido

You think a player publicly losing faith in his own manager is acceptable?
This isn’t public. Public would be a direct quote from him.

It’s interesting though, seems like a deliberate leak. The story is rapidly gaining traction. Regardless of what you think of Ole as a manager, this kind of player power isn’t good. Roy Keane called this a year ago when he said the players threw Mourinho under the bus and would do the same to Ole. Bruno wasn’t with us at that point, but it looks like it might be happening again. Look out for other “disgruntled” members of the squad soon.

Holocene

I said our squad is shit - you disgree but can only name 6 good players. Of those six players, I would think only Bruno would be considered a top player by the majority of people (Greenwood has the potential to be, but isn't now).

Our squad isn't shit. Martial, Pogba, Rashford, VDB, Greenwood and Fernandes would all have plenty of takers from top clubs if they were for sale.

We lose a game, the players get the blame. We win a game, Ole gets credit. Rinse and repeat.

Judas

Open to offers

Did you sleep during LVG's reign or what? I don't blame you if you did, most of us were put to sleep by it too.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Probably worth updating the thread title, because a more credible source than Castles or Lopes (Laurie Whitwell, Athletic) confirmed a few days ago that it's actually the case with several players. Not just Bruno.

Castles also says the same, that other players believe this too.
It wouldn't come as a surprise. He's not exactly a top class manager after all.

hobbers

Ole? What has Bruno won that's worth mentioning?
I don't care about their medal hauls I care about how they conduct themselves. Nobody in the football world looks at Ole as a manager and thinks "he's a winner". Nobody.

And needless to say the same applies to almost everyone in our dressing room. Particularly the players Ole panders to the most, Maguire and Pogba.

If the players thought he wasn't much good as a Manager he'd have lost the players by now, and there's no sign of that, yet
:lol: Good craic

RUCK4444

Exactly, the transfer window just gone shows that he cannot be trusted. It seems journalists are putting anything up about Manutd because of all the negativity around the club.

The club really need to get a grip of this now.
This. As do our own fanbase.

The club needs to call out the bullsh*t reporters/articles. Poor water on these lowlife jobsworth journo’s.

Start acting like a top club and demanding some respect, we’ve made a rod for our own back with the summer window shambles but enough is enough.

Fergie would have these idiots back in the box one by one.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
He was probably sold the move - we are going to keep building we will challenge we are Manchester United etc.
He now faces reality with some players who arent good enough others who dont care and a manager who seemingly isnt taking the club where Bruno imagined.
Suspect his frustration is a lot more than just a manager swap
For sure, he scores or assists in every game - he does his job every game. The people behind him don't defend properly and concede 3+. I can't think of any player consistently on his wave length except for Martial when he was in that seriously good run of form last season.

Shark

@NotShark
If this is true then Bruno can feck off.
Do you believe Bruno is the only player at United that's not on board with Ole's tactics? Let's feck them all off and build a team of average English players that'll keep their mouths shut and accept the painful mediocrity.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Let's see what happens on Saturday and coming weeks. We'll be able to tell if there is a rift or not for sure.

I don't think the fact he got subbed off at HT has done Ole any favours here. Because even if it was just to give Bruno a rest as the game was already lost, the press have had a field day with it.

Skills

Snitch
Well.. if he really has then he can feck off back to Sporting.
I don't think he's going back to Sporting mate. If he's going somewhere, he'll be upgrading club. City still haven't replaced Silva?

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
He has dealt with worse coaches and worse situations at Sporting with fans who are some of the hardest in the world to play under as we are very unforgiving and he never went against the coaches or fans.

Has he argued with his teammates and let them have it? Absolutely and I believe that’s exactly what happened at half time vs Spurs.

But to Publicly go against the coach? Highly doubt it. I think the media are using the halftime debacle as fuel to create a media liè.

Davie Moyes

I think it's the media ganging up on Ole and taking advantage of the negativity. What they should be focusing on is Woodward and the Glazers who are to blame for yet another shambles of a transfer window.

Utd have got off to a poor start mainly due to having no preseason and players not being match fit. It's highly unlikely after Ole steering the team to a 3rd place finish and where it seemed squad morale, togetherness and cohesion was the best for years after 3 games it's fallen apart.

Bruno and the rest can see that failure to adequately strengthen the squad is due to the Board.

R77

I asked if a player losing faith in a manager publicly was acceptable. I didn't say it happened. What link are you looking for?
Then I misunderstood your post. My apologies.

I agree with the no smoke without fire viewpoint, but it's almost like some people believe Bruno's phoned up some journalists and said "Look, don't say I told you this, but..."

Quite amusing.

I've come to hate the media more than ever these last few months. They've done a sterling job stirring up toxicity amongst us.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
I love Ole as much as the next guy but he's a mediocre manager. The Ole in brigade are starting to look silly.
Bruno is right to be frustrated, 80% of the fans are frustrated.
The end us near for Ole IMO.

Sweet Square

Hopefully it isn't true because otherwise it makes Bruno look like a complete arsehole tbh. Less than a year at the club and already making a fuss.

Says less about Ole management skills and more about certain players attitudes.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Bored of this club, man. Just completely apathetic to this as once again we're a mess, shock horror.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I struggle to believe anything like this that comes from Castles. He's a known Mourinho fan/sympathiser/leak, so he's been blatantly anti-Ole ever since he replaced Mourinho. Well, he's always been anti-Utd except for when Mourinho was here, but now he's got reason to be even more negative about our manager situation than he was before.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
In Bruno's defence I think I've lost faith in Solskjaer too. It's probably nonsense though, right?

Davie Moyes

He has dealt with worse coaches and worse situations at Sporting with fans who are some of the hardest in the world to play under as we are very unforgiving and he never went against the coaches or fans.

Has he argued with his teammates and let them have it? Absolutely and I believe that’s exactly what happened at half time vs Spurs.

But to Publicly go against the coach? Highly doubt it. I think the media are using the halftime debacle as fuel to create a media liè.
Thanks for the insight. You've always given this view of Bruno which is why I think these are media lies.

monosierra

Our squad isn't shit. Martial, Pogba, Rashford, VDB, Greenwood and Fernandes would all have plenty of takers from top clubs if they were for sale.

We lose a game, the players get the blame. We win a game, Ole gets credit. Rinse and repeat.
I agree. We have enough good players to form one of the top 4 XIs in the League - based on performance and, to a lesser degree, potential. But we do have a weaker squad than rivals such as Chelsea and City. More worryingly, the team has not played to its full potential (The best that each player can offer plus the little extra that excellent coaching and tactics can bring about).

As for these leaks, it just smacks of a poor culture if they have some factual basis - that is, a player really did complain to a journalist or their confidante. Something is rotten at the club from the top-down for these things to sneak its way to the yellow press everytime a manager runs into trouble. Now, I personally have doubts over OGS's credentials, abilities, and performances as manager. But to have rumors on dressing room unrest and player misgivings everytime the team underperforms is a sign of cultural rot in the organization. Well-run companies simply do not tolerate such rubbish, much less let things boil to a point where this becomes an issue. If these are 99% fabrications, then of course the press is to blame. But the specific individuals named seems to suggest that there may be some fire behind the smoke. I like Fernandes as a player and it seems he has no history of leaking team disgruntlement. So what started all these?

Most of us here work for a company I'd assume. And some of us may be unhappy with management. How many of us will start posting misgivings and complaints on anonymous websites unless the situation is bad to the point of whistle-blowing illegality (Inhumane working conditions, staff abuse - that kind of misdeamenor)? The only reason you'd do so otherwise is if there is no recourse and no trust at all within the company's internal feedback loop. At which point, either the whistle-blower is a single, unhappy troublemaker or the company is so toxic external recourse is the only remedy.

Last edited:

UpWithRivers

There is nothing wrong with ranting and raving. Happened all the time under Sir Alex. If I was losing 4-0 Id be ranting and raving as well. Its how the club moves on that matters. Why is our club so full of weak minded people.

I don't care about their medal hauls I care about how they conduct themselves. Nobody in the football world looks at Ole as a manager and thinks "he's a winner". Nobody.

And needless to say the same applies to almost everyone in our dressing room. Particularly the players Ole panders to the most, Maguire and Pogba.
A winner's mentality will transcend through playing or management, and Ole has won more than the rest of that dressing room put together. The only one who comes close is the other focus of your ire, Pogba.

He might not be a good manager but it's wrong to say he's not a winner, and use as an example of a winner a player who has so far only won a mickey mouse national tournament and the Portuguese version of the FA Cup.

Davie Moyes

Does anyone think these leaks are coming from Woodward and the Board? By that I mean whenever there are criticisms of them could they seek to deflect criticism on to the manager. These leaks began to appear initially after the transfer window closed.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Then I misunderstood your post. My apologies.

I agree with the no smoke without fire viewpoint, but it's almost like some people believe Bruno's phoned up some journalists and said "Look, don't say I told you this, but..."

Quite amusing.

I've come to hate the media more than ever these last few months. They've done a sterling job stirring up toxicity amongst us.
No worries!

I personally think there's a bit of an operation behind the scenes that's began to justify the sacking of Ole and this could be a part of it. It really would make sense as it falls in line with the business model that the hierarchy have clearly implemented. It directs the blame in the direction they want it to and they come out of it unscathed outside of a few weeks during the transfer window.

Agree that the media gladly spread toxicity but I think we're seeing calculated moves by the club. Could be wrong.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Does anyone think these leaks are coming from Woodward and the Board? By that I mean whenever there are criticisms of them could they seek to deflect criticism on to the manager. These leaks began to appear initially after the transfer window closed.
I do think that's the case personally.

youmeletsfly

This. As do our own fanbase.

The club needs to call out the bullsh*t reporters/articles. Poor water on these lowlife jobsworth journo’s.

Start acting like a top club and demanding some respect, we’ve made a rod for our own back with the summer window shambles but enough is enough.

Fergie would have these idiots back in the box one by one.
A few decent jurnos are reporting it mate, seems there is some truth to it.

Be honest for 10 seconds, if even the players believe he's a shit manager, what's the point. Between the players and the manager the club will always pick the manager these days, always.