Sport Witness: Man United row between Bruno Fernandes and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer dismissed as 'lies'

Matriac

Not even going to answer this, are we supposed to not comment at all?

With the amount of unsubstantiated rumors that get posted these days, how many stories coming out of random unknown blogs, or clickbaity journos that will only mention something on a podcast (then turned into tweets) instead of actually putting it in articles posted on reputable websites/newspapers.

Then yeah, I think it wouldn't hurt for us to not have this need to have an opinion about every possible rumor out there. Rather be a little more patient and trust in the process for a little longer than a few games at a time. It never hurts to remain positive, you can achieve a surprising amount of things if everyone is pulling in the same direction.

People say that we didn't have this amount of rumors coming out under SAF, no we didn't, because until his very last years (when he was untouchable) we didn't even have twitter, and it was far from as prevalent today. Journalists had to stake their reputations on putting things in print, that they had to be held accountable for in a much larger way than some tweets or comments on a podcast.

The internet is a great thing, but anyone can put anything out there, and you will find people who will listen to you especially if they have already made up their mind to agree with your opinion.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I am not following. This is the guy who said Bruno was losing faith in Ole and all of that, no? What is he trying to say with his winks? That United is forcing Bruno to get in line or something?
Yeah. He's implying that Bruno's been told to get out in front of the media and say nice things.

So, basically, in his world what happened was:
  • Man Utd persuaded the Portuguese FA to put Bruno up for post-game interview
  • Man Utd then teed up a Portuguese TV interviewer to make sure Bruno was asked about his relationship with Ole
  • Man Utd fed Bruno lines to take in response to the questions on Ole
Sounds plausible. :houllier:

If there's one player in the team that I don't believe would talk via sources its Bruno. He strikes me as the kinda guy who would tell the world if he had issues with Ole. I don't see him as a backstabber who will smile for the cameras, then get his 'camp' to brief the media so Solskjaer gets fired.

R'hllor

They got to him and broke him, 10 min. alone in some basement with Ashton and he sings Ed and Ole songs now.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
They got to him and broke him, 10 min. alone in some basement with Ashton and he sings Ed and Ole songs now.
Apparently, nowadays every time someone says the word 'Ashton' in Bruno's presence he replies 'The Batman?' :lol:

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
It's par for the course for big media clubs, there will be so many reasons a story is leaked about unrest within the team or a key player, least of all of them being reporting the actual truth.

zenith

I'm glad bruno stuck it to that hopeless tabloid journo castles. No matter what type of a brave front he tries to put up, he knows he has been thoroughly embarrassed and will think a hundred times before posting stuff about bruno again.

I wish more of our players carried this attitude

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
So you don't trust his news that players are doubting Ole, but you'll believe Athletic who say pretty much the same thing?
So after posting 40 times (!!) in this thread peddling news that seemed to make you happy, don’t you feel the urge to post a 41st time now it’s all be proven as fake news?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
So after posting 40 times (!!) in this thread peddling news that seemed to make you happy, don’t you feel the urge to post a 41st time now it’s all be proven as fake news?
Huh? I posted well before the Bruno statement that Castles is likely incorrect re. news of there being a fall out b/w Bruno + Ole.

I said his accurate bit is likely senior players doubting Ole because Laurie Whitwell backed it up. Here it is again, underlined for you:

Right. So for me a takeaway here is it's not just Bruno but other players. Which is consistent with Laurie Whitwell from Athletic and in my opinion the most worrying news for Ole as it marks the beginning of the end.

A "rift" is probably a strong term, because Castles says that all the players get on fine with Ole. He makes a point of stating this actually. Castles just states that the players are losing belief that Ole is a good manager. This has also been reported by Athletic.

I think from Castles specifically I can agree with @#07 that hopefully at least, the public questioning of Ole from Bruno may be inaccurate. But I can certainly believe many players doubt Ole as a manager.

Last edited:

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
What the feck are you on about? I posted well before the Bruno statement that Castles is likely incorrect about the news about there being a fall out b/w Bruno + Ole.

I said his accurate bit is likely senior players doubting Ole because Laurie Whitwell backed it up. Here it is again, underlined for you:
40 posts being a neutral commentator?
with the clubs best interests at heart :lol:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
40 posts being a neutral commentator?
with the clubs best interests at heart :lol:
I can make 50 posts, that doesn't mean you make shit up mate. I've shown the post where I say I think Castles was wrong re. Bruno falling out with Ole.
And you start chatting rubbish about post count. You are truly lost.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I can make 50 posts, that doesn't mean you make shit up mate. I've shown the post where I say I think Castles was wrong re. Bruno falling out with Ole.
And you start chatting rubbish about post count. You are truly lost.
I’m not lost at all: I support (clue: look up dictionary definition) Manchester United and I don’t have an OleOUT agenda that pollutes my view on everything.

Mindhunter

This whole issue is completely devoid of logic. They seem to think that questioning someone's is equivalent to losing faith in him. That's nonsense. I question my parents almost everyday and several times have altercations that involves strong words. Doesn't mean I have lost faith in them at all. It means that I care.

It's sad that nowadays you can't even be genuine and honest with your opinions in a private conversation within a dressing room. Everything is an exercise in PR management and that's taking us further away from reality.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I’m not lost at all: I support (clue: look up dictionary definition) Manchester United and I don’t have an OleOUT agenda that pollutes my view on everything.
If someone prefers to see another manager instead of Ole, does that mean they do not support Manchester United?

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
If someone prefers to see another manager instead of Ole, does that mean they do not support Manchester United?
You’ve contributed 13% of the total posts in this thread :lol:

revelling with glee in the sharing of fake news designed the destabilise the club just because it supported your agenda.

funny way to ‘support’ your club.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
You’ve contributed 13% of the total posts in this thread :lol:

revelling with glee in the sharing of fake news designed the destabilise the club just because it supported your agenda.

funny way to ‘support’ your club.
Fake news? I didn't make this thread, I didn't share any article from Duncan Castles. I've only shared the text from The Athletic. You keep getting caught making things up, it's hilarious :lol:

And answer the question.

EDIT - save it, I've seen many posters ignore you. I'll do the same.

TrustInOle

With the amount of unsubstantiated rumors that get posted these days, how many stories coming out of random unknown blogs, or clickbaity journos that will only mention something on a podcast (then turned into tweets) instead of actually putting it in articles posted on reputable websites/newspapers.

Then yeah, I think it wouldn't hurt for us to not have this need to have an opinion about every possible rumor out there. Rather be a little more patient and trust in the process for a little longer than a few games at a time. It never hurts to remain positive, you can achieve a surprising amount of things if everyone is pulling in the same direction.

People say that we didn't have this amount of rumors coming out under SAF, no we didn't, because until his very last years (when he was untouchable) we didn't even have twitter, and it was far from as prevalent today. Journalists had to stake their reputations on putting things in print, that they had to be held accountable for in a much larger way than some tweets or comments on a podcast.

The internet is a great thing, but anyone can put anything out there, and you will find people who will listen to you especially if they have already made up their mind to agree with your opinion.
Cracking post. If you needed anymore prove the press just make stuff up you only have to look at the transfer window just gone. Clicks and views matter more than truth these days.

yan man utd

We are refusing to believe

we cannot be starting the season like this no matter what the form has been in 2 periods buoyed by 1 the contrast in positivity of Ole and the dross negative energy of mourinho that undermined his players

we are still stuck with lindeloff at centre back and despite millions of pounds spent a 1-6 reverse against the nemesis - jose

and poor selections, inability to create a system or coach players to be better, or even to provide the best in game management

ole is simply not good enough

we need to move on

as for culture - see all of the above

we are not improving!

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Fake news? I didn't make this thread, I didn't share any article from Duncan Castles. I've only shared the text from The Athletic. You keep getting caught making things up, it's hilarious :lol:

And answer the question.

EDIT - save it, I've seen many posters ignore you. I'll do the same.
If you’re going to ignore, why do you keep replying? :lol:

You seem to be obsessed with spreading toxicity abour our clubs manager. Something to think about why that is?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
If you’re going to ignore, why do you keep replying? :lol:

Deflecting to make this about me won’t work. You seem to be obsessed with spreading toxicity abour our clubs manager. Something to think about why that is?
I will ignore you after this post. I've not spread toxicity - I've just shared my opinion that he's not good enough to coach Manchester United.
I haven't actually done that in this thread, rather, I've stated this was shared by the Athletic. Someone else posted Duncan Castles, it wasn't me. It's not "toxic" to think Ole isn't a good enough coach. It's just an opinion, get over it. And doubting the manager doesn't mean you don't support the club, only an imbecile would think this.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I will ignore you after this post. I've not spread toxicity - I've just shared my opinion that he's not good enough to coach Manchester United.
I haven't actually done that in this thread, rather, I've stated this was shared by the Athletic. Someone else posted Duncan Castles, it wasn't me. It's not "toxic" to think Ole isn't a good enough coach. It's just an opinion, get over it. And doubting the manager doesn't mean you don't support the club, only an imbecile would think this.
You could have said that all in 1 post like you did above. Except you did it over 40 posts, to ensure this thread and the fake news kept getting bumped. You knew what you were doing.

Be proud and own your shit man. Even when you’ve been proved wrong.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
You could have said that all in 1 post like you did above. Except you did it over 40 posts, to ensure this thread and the fake news kept getting bumped. You knew what you were doing.

Be proud and own your shit man. Even when you’ve been proved wrong.
It's not fake news - it's from the Athletic. Why are you calling it fake news? You're acting like Donald Trump, literally oblivious to what credible journalism looks like.

And feck knows what you're on about in bold - I said from the beginning I think Castles is wrong on the fall out bit :lol: You are broken aren't you.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
It's not fake news - it's from the Athletic. Why are you calling it fake news? You're acting like Donald Trump, literally oblivious to what credible journalism looks like.

And feck knows what you're on about in bold - I said from the beginning I think Castles is wrong on the fall out bit :lol: You are broken aren't you.
so you didn't stop replying then?
see a doc man!

Last edited:

Dve

What in the world is going on with all these rumors? Sounds like the media is trying to take OGS down - or worse yet, someone in the club's management is preparing the grounds for his dismissal. I hope this is not the case.
I don´t think anyone is preparing the grounds for his dismissal. That idea seems to be based on guess work and has become a bit of a conspiracy theory. Ever since Ole was appointed, after a lost a game or two, there have been numerous rumours about Poch, about unrest in the dressing room, about this and that. The normal spin. It´s a bit more now, since United also had a disappointing transfer market. Like it was Ole´s fault.

sugar_kane

Not seen these quotes before, fair play Bruno lad. We didn't see any of our players the past few seasons go on record to defend the managers when under fire, letting them take all the heat instead.

https://utdreport.co.uk/2020/10/15/bruno-fernandes-reveals-his-gratitude-to-ole-gunnar-solskjaer/

“I talked to my coach and said I was going to defend him publicly because he knows how much I appreciate him,” Fernandes told Esporte Interativo, via Sport Witness.

“And I’m very grateful because he bet on me, he wanted me at Manchester, and at no time am I dissatisfied with his tactics.

“Because the way we play is the same as when I arrived. Why would I be dissatisfied at that moment and six months ago, for example, I wasn’t?

“If anyone wants to cause a conflict within Manchester it’s not me nor any teammate, they are outsiders, they want to create a bad atmosphere in the dressing room and they will not succeed, because the group is united and is focused on giving an important answer already in Newcastle.”

Doesn't sound like he made those comments under duress either, exactly the sort of leader we need right now.

BFernandes

I'd be more concerned if there wasn't a few choice words said between everyone after losing 6-1 at home.

A nothing story.