Spurs 2018/19

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Sessingnon i can see happening, rumours we want a doule deal for him and his brother, Bale no fecking way unless they pay over half his wages.
I hope he takes the pay cut because it would revive his career being back "home".

SportingCP96

Supports
Wit the intensity that spurs play at Bale would last 3 games! :lol:
I think Bale would win them the games they couldn't quite win this season. The man still has quality and Madrid is toxic and they never really "loved" him.

SportingCP96

Supports
A front 3 of Son, Kane and Bale, hell yes... but its a pipe dream, more likely end up at United.
Like I said if that happens along with Sessegnon and other key signings which I am sure they will make they will be contenders. I don't think they will win It but they will be favorite for a top 3 finish.

gibers

I think Bale would win them the games they couldn't quite win this season. The man still has quality and Madrid is toxic and they never really "loved" him.
O I have no doubt about his quality. It's justy I'm not sure his body can hold up. Madrid don't even play with that much intesity and he gets injured so often. He's older now so I don't know.

Supports
England
Looked sharp away to Burnley off the back of his previous injury.
Yeah, lovely goal too. Of course, the defence shat the bed and shipped 2 so nobody remembers that he scored.

Kane's been insanely unlucky with results this season when you look at the matches in context. When he's been playing, the defence have been cancelling out his work. When he's been out, the team found ways to eek out lucky, statistically unlikely wins. Combined, the two made it look like Kane was entirely ineffective and gave birth to the most toxic meme of the season: that Spurs are somehow better without their best player. Absurd on the face of it and yet a bunch of mathematical illiterates who barely watch Spurs lapped it up..

Funnily enough, bar that one half against Ajax, Spurs' form has been the worst of the season without Kane this time: 6 games, 1 win, 3 GF/GS. I hope he makes a great comeback in the CL final and destroys the ridiculous meme once and for all.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Yeah, lovely goal too. Of course, the defence shat the bed and shipped 2 so nobody remembers that he scored.

Kane's been insanely unlucky with results this season when you look at the matches in context. When he's been playing, the defence have been cancelling out his work. When he's been out, the team found ways to eek out lucky, statistically unlikely wins. Combined, the two made it look like Kane was entirely ineffective and gave birth to the most toxic meme of the season: that Spurs are somehow better without their best player. Absurd on the face of it and yet a bunch of mathematical illiterates who barely watch Spurs lapped it up..

Funnily enough, bar that one half against Ajax, Spurs' form has been the worst of the season without Kane this time: 6 games, 1 win, 3 GF/GS. I hope he makes a great comeback in the CL final and destroys the ridiculous meme once and for all.
I think there's some truth to Kane being rushed back too early though. Spurs are obviously better with Kane, but he must be fully fit.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
There is no way Spurs can afford Bale, not even if RM pay half his wages as a subsidy. That would still leave Spurs to pay out 300k pounds a week for Bale. Well above their wage cap of 200k.

Sessegnon, Chilwell, Maddison, Wan Bissaka, Grealish. These will be the type of targets Spurs will go for if money is made available to Poch for xfers I would imagine.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
There is no way Spurs can afford Bale, not even if RM pay half his wages as a subsidy. That would still leave Spurs to pay out 300k pounds a week for Bale. Well above their wage cap of 200k.

Sessegnon, Chilwell, Wan Bissaka, Grealish. These will be the type of targets Spurs will go for if money is made available to Poch for xfers I would imagine.
I would be over the moon with that TBH, cant see Maddison or Wan Biassaka moving this summer though.

Supports
England
I think there's some truth to Kane being rushed back too early though. Spurs are obviously better with Kane, but he must be fully fit.
Sure. Everything I say about Kane playing should be interpreted as implicitly conditional on him being truly fit (even though 80% Kane is still better than 100% Llorente for the bench). I don't think Poch should play a crocked Kane just because he's Kane.

I'm kinda assuming (hoping) that he should probably be fitter in 3 weeks' time than he usually is when he returns. If that's the case, I think he has to start for a whole plethora of reasons, and if that happens, I think it'd be fantastic if he had a good performance in a win.

He deserves it really: a top 3 quality striker loyal to a top 16 quality European club (accounting for recent history) won't have been expecting too many of these chances and yet his loyalty might be rewarded in the biggest possible way. Spurs fans should be optimistic about Kane's permanent future at Spurs if he scores the winner or whatever in a CL final.