Spurs 2018/19

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Signing and getting rid of players early was one of the demands Pochettino made when signing his new contract.
Seems like Levy didn't give a feck. Are we expecting another late flurry from them and how will that affect their season?

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Wasn't one of the good Spurs posters saying they had a feeling they would spend £150m this season? Looks basically impossible to do that with no pre world cup signings.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
No idea who we are signing apart from Grealish who is looking likely.
Could be a decent move for squad depth/rotation. He fell off a bit after his first season, but was pretty pivotal last year for the Villa at times, and playing under Poch will definitely suit him.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Still think we will spend big
Define big ?
As multiple 30m deals or one big signing ?
I struggle to see who you could be getting. Most rumours were about players eventually leaving not arriving :confused:
Maguire maybe if you sell Toby ? Modric comeback ?

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Define big ?
As multiple 30m deals or one big signing ?
I struggle to see who you could be getting. Most rumours were about players eventually leaving not arriving :confused:
Maguire maybe if you sell Toby ? Modric comeback ?
I think we will pay big (for us) on one player and probably 2 or 3 others at most at between 20-30 million

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I think this may finally be the season they pay for not spending.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
A rough preseason for Spurs so far what with losing England the fecking world cup. Good luck to the Glaston Gang.

Primativ

Supports
Tottenham
I think Spurs will spend big, it will be a busy last month of the window. The world cup has seen the market slow down but it should start picking up again now.

Also - Spurs players carrying England and Belgium to their best world cup in decades.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Yeah Pochettino came out in the press and had that 'be bold' speech about spending and now is the time to take some risks. Im assuming he meant splash the cash, and some Spurs posters saying they expect a big window like 100-120mil in incoming players. Nothing has changed as far as I can tell it seems business as usual for Spurs, player sales dictating how much spending money they have in the window. And the majority of their money going into stadium repayments.

Im interested to see how Moura goes with a pre season behind him and more playing time, was a lot of hype around him a couple years back and he certainly wasnt bad at PSG, it's just Neymar is Neymar and they paid a small countries GDP for him.

They need to replace Dembele, Rose and Alderweireld, Grealish for Dembele? Seems a bit of a downgrade to me, but he is only young so could really grow into a good midfielder for Spurs. Spurs have some fringe players im sure they will sell, that useless Janssen guy and im still unsure what Sissoko does exactly. Winks returning from injury, see if he can remain fit or if he is just Wilshere 2.0, Lamela, another sick note, seems he has been in England since he was 22 and played one season of football.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Was discussing this with a Spurs fan. Newcastle away first game. Even Son is at some summer tournament so can't play. Who is likely to start?

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
They don’t sell, they don’t sign
Pretty much this. I hear the same thing from the Spurs fans about how they will be splashing the cash this window, I am inclined to believe business as usual, if they sell they have money for players, if they dont sell, no money.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
They'll be decent look like they're finally about to do something special then bottle it at the last hurdle. It's in their players DNA for some reason.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I think it was you and @InLevyITrust that have been maintaining that you will spend big. Is it from a Spurs forum ITK? Or is it just a gut feeling?
I don't base any of my opinions on ITK, there is only really one guy I take any notice of and even then its with a pinch of salt. I believe we will spend because of the Poch situation and also wanting to kick on in the new stadium.

I believe we will still spend, Grealish (don't know what to think or how he will turn out) seems to be already tied up. I expect a back up striker and a more deep lying midfielder. Depending on Toby and what formation we go for another CB. I would say our main target is Martial, I'm not saying he is coming but he is our number one.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
You'd have to imagine they'd spend this window wouldn't you? With Poch and Kane signing long term deals, I'd have guessed it was because there was big money to be spent.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I don't base any of my opinions on ITK, there is only really one guy I take any notice of and even then its with a pinch of salt. I believe we will spend because of the Poch situation and also wanting to kick on in the new stadium.

I believe we will still spend, Grealish (don't know what to think or how he will turn out) seems to be already tied up. I expect a back up striker and a more deep lying midfielder. Depending on Toby and what formation we go for another CB. I would say our main target is Martial, I'm not saying he is coming but he is our number one.
Martial to Spurs is about as likely to happen as Kane to United. You can quote me on that.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Didn't they play Newcatle away the beginning of last season?
It will be tough no denying it for the first few games, Kane needs a rest, so Llorente in, behind will be likely Lamella, Sissoko and Lucas, then likely Winks and Wanyama. The defence would be Kyle-Peters at RB, Davies at left and CBs I have no clue and Vorm at GK. Should be interesting, but all the big teams will have similar problems. That's not taking into account new signings.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Is there a thread for these quotes? :D

I will be honest and say I agree it will be difficult, it looks like he will be at United next season.
Levy has made it perfectly clear that selling players to United is not a viable option, so he can expect the same treatment in reverse. Unless he comes in with an offer that simply cannot be refused - in the region of £100m - no deal will take place.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Levy has made it perfectly clear that selling players to United is not a viable option, so he can expect the same treatment in reverse. Unless he comes in with an offer that simply cannot be refused - in the region of £100m - no deal will take place.
When did he make this statement? Levy will sell if Levy gets the deal he wants, I have no doubt about that.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets

Surely you are signing a CB? You cant expect to go into next season with just 2 recognised CB's in Vertonghen and Sanchez, a player who can play there in a pinch in Dier and a young CB that has never played a game in the PL in Foyth. Especially given 4 competitions you will be competing in.

Martial to Spurs is about as likely to happen as Kane to United. You can quote me on that.
You know, Im not so sure, Mourinho doesnt mind selling players who are not part of his plans going forward. Lukaku, De Bruyne, Mo Salah, all sold by Jose as they were not part of his plans. Provided the club is decently compensated, and word is Martial wants a move for more game time. Spurs would have to come to the table with Alderweireld however, and a reasonable price, not this 60mil rubbish being thrown about. That's if Jose has actually identified him as the CB he wants.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Surely you are signing a CB? You cant expect to go into next season with just 2 recognised CB's in Vertonghen and Sanchez, a player who can play there in a pinch in Dier and a young CB that has never played a game in the PL in Foyth. Especially given 4 competitions you will be competing in
I said depending on Toby, if he goes we will be looking for another CB. I actually think Dier is a better CB than DM, but what do I know.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Is there a thread for these quotes? :D

I will be honest and say I agree it will be difficult, it looks like he will be at United next season.
It won't happen. Simply because United want a crazy fee for him. Just like you would if the shoe was on the other foot.

United are notoriously tough sellers to other English clubs when we don't want to. Heinze once took us to court to force a move to Liverpool. And he was shite and we still wouldn't budge.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
It won't happen. Simply because United want a crazy fee for him. Just like you would if the shoe was on the other foot.

United are notoriously tough sellers to other English clubs when we don't want to. Heinze once took us to court to force a move to Liverpool. And he was shite and we still wouldn't budge.
I hope he kicks on then at United next season, kid definitely has talent.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
When did he make this statement? Levy will sell if Levy gets the deal he wants, I have no doubt about that.
There is most definitely a cold relationship (for lack of a better description) between spurs and united where transfers are concerned.

Levy has never directly stated as such, but there is little doubt that animosity exists between the two clubs.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
There is most definitely a cold relationship (for lack of a better description) between spurs and united where transfers are concerned.

Levy has never directly stated as such, but there is little doubt that animosity exists between the two clubs.
Perhaps but it all steams back from the Berbatov transfer, who was the chairman back then? Id would say if there was a mutually beneficial deal that could be had Levy would be all ears.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
He's a great talent and I like him.

But I'm honest enough to admit his best chance of success might be to leave. But I'm also honest enough to admit that I would much rather he flop at United than flourish at another English club
I would say the same thing, I have had plenty of experience in that department... Carrick, Berbatov, Modric, Bale, slightly diferent circumstances to Martial. Even abroad it stings.

It goes back to the Zeki Fryers incident.

Things have been frosty since.
Yeah that was worth our time.

IrishRedDevil

Valuing Alderweireld at £75m and then thinking you can get Martial for £60m, is one of the most Spurs things ever. Everyone can get hard about Levy the businessman, but tactics/valuations like that are amateurish. I can appreciate trying to get your own club a good deal, but fair and reasonable seems to be lost on him.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
I would say the same thing, I have had plenty of experience in that department... Carrick, Berbatov, Modric, Bale, slightly diferent circumstances to Martial. Even abroad it stings.

Yeah that was worth our time.
That is true.

It's been painful watching Ronaldo over the last few years. Especially as we have struggled in comparison.