Spurs Documentary: All or nothing

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Better in what way? It was fecking awful from a Sunderland point of view.
I know what he means.. it was more real, more emotional. Yours is mostly PR, a lot of it doesn't feel natural, particularly the Levy parts. For example one of the best scenes was the Son red card, i loved the tunnel cam because that was raw, but as soon as he's in the locker room with a camera shoved up in his face, he's much more subdued.
Exactly. Felt more like a documentary with a heart. There were more points of view - the supporters, the community. We got to know what the club means to the city, viewers got to know a lot of the staff, little things like that. Of course Sunderland's monumental failure was great for the drama but it wasn't just that.

This is just a cameraman following Mourinho around. Got boring really fast, unfortunately.

Renegade

Where’s Ndombele?

Also I was cringing at Jose trying to explain to Rose why he’s not playing? Seriously his general man management skills are so poor. Hard to think this guy had Terry,Lampard and Drogba run through walls for him.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Where’s Ndombele?

Also I was cringing at Jose trying to explain to Rose why he’s not playing? Seriously his general man management skills are so poor. Hard to think this guy had Terry,Lampard and Drogba run through walls for him.

Some people really appreciate that straight talking no nonsense or fluff communication. The tell it how it is to their face with no sugar coating kind of person.

Rather than the arm around the shoulder with a smile approach as they try and ship you out to another club.

Renegade

Some people really appreciate that straight talking no nonsense or fluff communication. The tell it how it is to their face with no sugar coating kind of person.

Rather than the arm around the shoulder with a smile approach as they try and ship you out to another club.
The thing is though I don’t think he was being straight with him. His reasoning was iffy and Rose called him out on it. Just say his not in your plans and keep it moving.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Where’s Ndombele?

Yeah not a single clip of his off the field. Also on the pitch, it was probably 2 clips, one where he scored the goal and other when he was subbed out.

Would have been interesting to watch.

Fluctuation0161

Interesting so far. I always assumed Levy was just a hard nosed businessman that did not really have a vested interest in club performance outside how much money it makes. Better players = higher table finish in PL and CL spots = more money.

But after watching the docco you see a bit more of a human side to him, and the fact he is heavily invested in improving Spurs and seems to genuinely care about the club from the ground up. Interesting that he has players invest time in the local community, Vertonghen helping at the food bank, Aurier's regular visits to local schools and the like.
Don't forget it is a big PR exercise. Levy I'm sure is a ruthless businessman.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
The thing is though I don’t think he was being straight with him. His reasoning was iffy and Rose called him out on it. Just say his not in your plans and keep it moving.
Rose called him out? How? By morning and saying its not fair that he doesn't get to play, or that Jose hurt his feelings?

Fluctuation0161

This is exactly what he did to Hazard in 15/16, only even worse because at the same time he'd caused our head physio to quit by being a cnut to her.

Always drove me mad when people would criticise Hazard for downing tools when he had a serious hip injury that was completely mismanaged and swept under the rug.
True. I had forgotten about that.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Don't forget it is a big PR exercise. Levy I'm sure is a ruthless businessman.
Yep im sure the neighborhood cant be just thrilled about having a gleaming behemoth of a stadium in the middle while the residents have probably seen little return on that investment in their own lives. Im wondering for instance how many Spurs employees are actually residents of Tottenham.

roonster09

Scout
Rose called him out? How? By morning and saying its not fair that he doesn't get to play, or that Jose hurt his feelings?
By pointing out Jose's reasoning is not consistent, saying how other players who are shit in training and games still get games.

cyberman

By pointing out Jose's reasoning is not consistent, saying how other players who are shit in training and games still get games.
But there's levels of shitness, squad depth etc. A CB might be shit but they have little depth there. Rose is shit and a star from the youth academy is stepping up so he is out.
Managers cant be consistent. Its why Welbeck can have a great season and have RVP come in yet Valencia and old man Carrick can continue on a lesser level unopposed by quality signings.

roonster09

Scout
But there's levels of shitness, squad depth etc. A CB might be shit but they have little depth there. Rose is shit and a star from the youth academy is stepping up so he is out.
Managers cant be consistent. Its why Welbeck can have a great season and have RVP come in yet Valencia and old man Carrick can continue on a lesser level unopposed by quality signings.
That should have increased Rose chances as Davies was injured and young kid is right footed CB.

If playing out of position is fine then other players should have been benches to try other young players.

Anyways it's all staged. Player have every right to ask questions and likewise manager has every right to drop whomever he wants. I don't see the problem there.

Number32

Interesting episode 1 and 2, but feel boring afterward. Just another clickbait, gimmick, and cringe show until I fell asleep. Even the players know where the camera is.

Jose talking portugese with Eric Dier was the the best scene for me. Because I didn't knew he grew up there and speaking fluent portugese.

CiroDiMarzio

Yeah he was being anything but straight with him in that conversation. Seems like he frequently deals with players he doesn't rate or like with that type of passive aggressive shunning whilst refusing to specifically address any of the issues he has with them. Even in a PR puff piece he still comes across as a bullying twat.

Reactions: Sultan

Redplane

Yeah he was being anything but straight with him in that conversation. Seems like he frequently deals with players he doesn't rate or like with that type of passive aggressive shunning whilst refusing to specifically address any of the issues he has with them. Even in a PR puff piece he still comes across as a bullying twat.
Didnt think Mou came across as a twat as much as just your average boss who doesnt like to approach personnel issues head on. Almost any authority figure has a hard time with getting questioned about their decision making - especially when its as direct as the way Rose did it. What it does show is that he indeed lacks man management skills because he s clearly a lot more comfortable in group settings. Tbf to him though he did have no issue calling Rose out for his poor Pool performance but then beat around the bush on everything else. You d expect better from one of the world's greatest managers.

hobbers

Some of it is definitely interesting. A lot of it is just mundane filler. Laughed when they said Spurs' youth development centre was regarded as one of the best in the world, and also how they tried to make signing Bergwijn look like the transfer coup of the decade, pretending there was serious competition from other top clubs.

The interesting bits are how Mourinho behaves behind the scenes. As expected really, comes across as a good guy who wants his players to like him. But at the same time you can see exactly how he manages to fall out with so many who don't in his eyes pull their weight. I bet he behaved with Pogba exactly the same way as he behaves with Dele. Dele just responds better to it.

Danny Rose came across as a right twat as expected. "Everyone is shit." "The whole dressing room knows how unfair it is I'm not playing." "Hey Levy what's going on with Milan have they bid for me yet?" :lol:

Also Kane is painfully stupid, his team talks are horrendous.

Oh, and fair play to Son. Coming in with a fractured arm and pretending likes it's all fine when it must have been agony. He didn't want a scan because he knew his arm was absolutely fecked. Warrior.

Redplane

Some of it is definitely interesting. A lot of it is just mundane filler. Laughed when they said Spurs' youth development centre was regarded as one of the best in the world, and also how they tried to make signing Bergwijn look like the transfer coup of the decade, pretending there was serious competition from other top clubs.

The interesting bits are how Mourinho behaves behind the scenes. As expected really, comes across as a good guy who wants his players to like him. But at the same time you can see exactly how he manages to fall out with so many who don't in his eyes pull their weight. I bet he behaved with Pogba exactly the same way as he behaves with Dele. Dele just responds better to it.

Danny Rose came across as a right twat as expected. "Everyone is shit." "The whole dressing room knows how unfair it is I'm not playing." "Hey Levy what's going on with Milan have they bid for me yet?" :lol:

Also Kane is painfully stupid, his team talks are horrendous.

Oh, and fair play to Son. Coming in with a fractured arm and pretending likes it's all fine when it must have been agony. He didn't want a scan because he knew his arm was absolutely fecked. Warrior.
Agree with everything.

Aside from Son, Tanganga, Alderweireld, Lloris and Aurier seem to be class as well. I loved how Lloris was smiling after the City game and Bergwijn was being asked about his experiences etc by his physio. Looked like a proud dad who was just happy for the guy. Rose seems like the kinda guy who can only be happy for himself. But he does also seem to know his shortcomings there.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Whenever I see Daniel Levy talking to Mourinho or one of the players like he’s completely invested in them and the football on a day to day basis, I struggle to picture Woodward doing the same. As for the Glazers...

Mourinho’s in as good a place as he’s ever gonna be with Spurs.

Even if it’s all propaganda, it’s effective. Speaking of which, showing Tanganga making a huge impact as a rookie winning everyone’s respect and then Danny Rose petulantly moaning about the defence being shit was a beautiful assassination.

fps

Agree with everything.

Aside from Son, Tanganga, Alderweireld, Lloris and Aurier seem to be class as well. I loved how Lloris was smiling after the City game and Bergwijn was being asked about his experiences etc by his physio. Looked like a proud dad who was just happy for the guy. Rose seems like the kinda guy who can only be happy for himself. But he does also seem to know his shortcomings there.
Aurier, the guy with the homophobic tweets and views? Lloris the drunk driver? Come on now.

starman

Where’s Ndombele?

I take the opposite view, if he has the right personal around him, with the similar mindset, its easy to see why he was able to motivate those individuals so well.
Jose however is more of a relic in todays environment of trying to cater to and handling all the different types of personalities.

Redplane

Aurier, the guy with the homophobic tweets and views? Lloris the drunk driver? Come on now.
Wasnt aware of the Aurier tweets.

Re Lloris- I obviously dont condone it and take it very seriously bc he could have seriously injured others - BUT- he seemes very remorseful and like the Jadon and girl situation - im not naive enough to think 85% of us didnt make 1 of 2 or both mistakes themselves - and in many cases were just lucky we didnt get caught. Ive been in the business of seeing a lot of background checks of people and sometimes its hard to find people without at least something on their record. Especially driving related offenses. That doesnt justify it - but it does show its a very common human problem.

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
All or Nothing is an apt motto for the Spurs.
Nothing for them, of course.

sugar_kane

Have absolutely no recollection of them beating City 2-0 or Bergwijn scoring on his debut so the documentary was useful as a memory aid, at least.

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves
Probably more chance of getting a daughter :lol:.
Chances are still good then! I wanted him when he was at Leverkusen. We were still fecking around with Mata and Lingard as wide forwards and he would've been perfect for us. Being of Korean descent I'm biased of course, but I knew he'd adapt well to the Premier league and glad he's doing well at spurs. Best parts of the documentary are with him. I get all giddy like a school girl when he scores.

Demas

Supports
Chelsea
I can imagine he had this exact same conversation with Pogba
I always find it weird how Jose likes to call his players "kids". For academy players and players he is personally very close to, I guess that's fine, but calling full professionals "kids" sounds demeaning and insulting.

Sweech

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Chances are still good then! I wanted him when he was at Leverkusen. We were still fecking around with Mata and Lingard as wide forwards and he would've been perfect for us. Being of Korean descent I'm biased of course, but I knew he'd adapt well to the Premier league and glad he's doing well at spurs. Best parts of the documentary are with him. I get all giddy like a school girl when he scores.
Probably my favourite player too mate.

DevilRed

Incredible that they would allow everyone to see this! I guess that amazon money must have been good.

Son sounds like a teenage girl shouting back at his dad :lol: