Spurs Documentary: All or nothing

AshRK

Watched the 3 episodes. Nothing special. Too much hype for nothing.

Vernon Philander

Brilliant show. Nothing comes close to this level of insight and intimacy at a top level club (even with the light positive spin). Could watch these type of Documentaries all day.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
But you'll watch the next 6 right? Agree with @Vernon Philander, they're all must-see.

Also, the injuries mounting and results dipping is the next section, I'd think. Then you have Ndombele and Jose. Then you have Jose against the media. Pretty good material.

AshRK

But you'll watch the next 6 right? Agree with @Vernon Philander, they're all must-see.

Also, the injuries mounting and results dipping is the next section, I'd think. Then you have Ndombele and Jose. Then you have Jose against the media. Pretty good material.
I will watch but doesn't mean it will be amazing (I hope it is). I felt it was too rushed and each episode had same feel to it. Again I hope the next 6 are better.

Still think sunderland one was much better than this.

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
It’s a great documentary. Not a Spurs fan at all. I’m just watching it because it’s giving me a great insight into what it’s like within a club and inside the dressing room on match days! It’s incredible

Sweech

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I agree with you. He's exactly what people said Beckham was, not very vocal, but his professionalism made you work harder.

Although the bold part just shows you're a bit of a wet wipe.
I like to give as good as I get, but I think there’s a genuine point there.

Kane is a strong family man figure who you can absolutely rely on to always represent your club well. The classic marry your childhood sweetheart and play for your boyhood club stuff that’s so cliched it’s essentially boring, but I do think it has value.

macheda14

Kane is a strong family man figure who you can absolutely rely on to always represent your club well. The classic marry your childhood sweetheart and play for your boyhood club stuff that’s so cliched it’s essentially boring, but I do think it has value.
One would have thought the same about Maguire. We also don’t know the full story yet so he hasn’t brought himself or the club into disrepute. But even so I honestly think anyone who gives a rats about someone getting into a fight on holiday is has too much time on their hands.

Someone

Something
Watched the first 2 episodes and not really impressed by jose at all. Just doesn't come across as genuine. His 1:1s with the players are meh.

The documentary itself is really not that interesting so far.

Eddy_JukeZ

Watched the first 2 episodes and not really impressed by jose at all. Just doesn't come across as genuine. His 1:1s with the players are meh.

After the 1st 3 episodes, I thought it was obviously why Jose is failing nowadays from a man manager point of view.

He just can't seem to connect as well with the modern day players.

His dig at Manchester United was hilarious. He'll go to the grave thinking 2nd place in 2017-2018 was this miracle achievement.

manuchamp88

Anyone know why they mention the United game then basically skip over it whereas with others mentioned they go more in-depth?

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
One would have thought the same about Maguire. We also don’t know the full story yet so he hasn’t brought himself or the club into disrepute. But even so I honestly think anyone who gives a rats about someone getting into a fight on holiday is has too much time on their hands.
Overly cynical that.

jackal&hyde

Yeah. Decent i would say but not great. It was funny how they skipped all of the pre United game talks, half time and went straight to next day :lol: . I also don't buy the Mourinho happiness for one second; seems all forced to me. Kane also comes across like a complete tool and not a sharp one. At one point he even says he wants to be like Ronaldo and Messi :lol:

NWRed

After the 1st 3 episodes, I thought it was obviously why Jose is failing nowadays from a man manager point of view.

He just can't seem to connect as well with the modern day players.

His dig at Manchester United was hilarious. He'll go to the grave thinking 2nd place in 2017-2018 was this miracle achievement.
I agree on his interaction with the players, but more tellling for me were his comments to Sanchez when he said "I beat you in the first minute", just shows it's all about him, the successes are his but the failures are his players. With that level of narcissism eventual failure is inevitable.

This is bollocks. Nothing to do with him being English. If anything him being English means he is less likely to get serious criticism because we all support him when he plays for his country.

Next you'll be telling me Pogba is English too. Because he gets criticism on here. FFS.
Hilarious. Classic straw man and irrelevant Pogba comment.

Disagree. I think he’s the exact sort of leader that they say he is in the show. A leader by example on the pitch, in games, and in training. Works his absolute bollocks off day in day out and has always been known for it.

Shit at team talks as we’ve seen I’ll give you that, but maybe it’s personal opinion but I’d rather a leader who plays a good game rather than a leader who talks a good game.

Not only that but a leader who doesn’t ever bring his club and country into disrepute with off field antics like some other captains...
I’m a big supporter of Kane and a Utd fan, the last comment was unnecessary.

Myrecks

If anything, I walked away feeling a bit underwhelmed re: Jose. Some observations from the 3 episodes -
  • For the stature, fees and trophy cabinet that Jose has, I expected more than the equivalent of "We can do this"/"We are better than this" chants from him. This is what I expect a school coach to be doing, but I am waking up to the reality that is literally the standard in top-tier professional sports too (since Pep spent a lot of time motivating in cliches too)
  • I also found it odd that his advice was often focused on outcomes/generic truisms and didn't focus on as much the process or how that player was supposed to achieve that outcome
    • "go in for 50/50s and win"
    • "don't be nice"
    • "have belief/confidence"
    • "Pass quickly in the slot"
    • When loosing at half time: "The game is alive even the 80th-85th minute", "1 goal can change it"
    • When winning at half time: "Three points aren't in the bag yet, don't loose focus"
  • It is easy to see why he may blame players for not putting in their best effort, for from his perspective he's shared the recipe for success (however vague it may be) and its the players not following it to the tee
  • Tactics discussion was limited thus far, and hopefully they'll shed light on that in the next few episodes. I suppose that's where he earns his bread.
  • The role of a coach seems to be overstated with respect to individual training. It seems that they're more psychologists than trainers, and are constantly trying to motivate the team/individuals by looking for something that makes them tick.
  • Spurs has a retirement home kind of vibe to it - with everyone content and quiet, and players showing up to do a day job with as such excitement, that it may as well have been accounting
  • Levy is someone you could have a beer with (Although, the same was said about George W. Bush too)
I mean, surely you realize your seeing 2 minutes into a 15 minute halftime talk. Of course all of the clichés are going to be there because there is something called motivation, in all sports, and at all levels.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
It’s a great documentary. Not a Spurs fan at all. I’m just watching it because it’s giving me a great insight into what it’s like within a club and inside the dressing room on match days! It’s incredible
Same here. Objectively, these types of documentaries are just enlightening regardless of whether you follow the club or not if done correctly which is why I'd love to see a United one.

saivet

I agree on his interaction with the players, but more tellling for me were his comments to Sanchez when he said "I beat you in the first minute", just shows it's all about him, the successes are his but the failures are his players. With that level of narcissism eventual failure is inevitable.
Yeah that one seems unnecessary. I recall that he said after the game that they identified him as the weak link in the game and wanted him to be on the ball, rather than De Ligt. Fair enough saying it after the game but to mention it to the guy in one of your first interactions :lol:

Sanchez has played a lot though, so probably nothing more than a little joke.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Yeah. Decent i would say but not great. It was funny how they skipped all of the pre United game talks, half time and went straight to next day :lol: . I also don't buy the Mourinho happiness for one second; seems all forced to me. Kane also comes across like a complete tool and not a sharp one. At one point he even says he wants to be like Ronaldo and Messi :lol:
Utd blocked filming at Old Trafford.

Zlatattack

Recommend everyone watch this. Jose is a legend :lol:.

Good United bits:

Fergie told Jose to get Delle

Jose tells Kane he has better players there than he had at United. :mad:

Dier was hardcore United and cried when Mourinho kicked us at for Porto
I think most of the Caf would have agreed with that part at the start of the season. I mean that team did make it to the CL final.

Norris

I actually find it interesting. It's a typical documentary and yeah, loads of bits to laugh about. Levy espcially. But the players themselves come across pretty decent. Eriksen, Jan etc.

littlepeasoup

It's a decent watch to learn a bit more about the personalities at a top club, but it's definitely only as insightful as Spurs would want it to be given the danger to them of opponents learning too much about their processes, tactics etc; especially since they only finished filming a month or so ago.

I wonder how different this type of documentary would be if the production company sat on the footage for 10-20 years when a lot of the players and staff have moved on - the stuff I really want to see is the footage they aren't allowed to show.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
One thing I just don't understand is the Eriksen situation.

Levy says that they just can't get in contact with his agent and that there's no dialogue on his future. In the next episode Levy is shaking Eriksen's hand and saying good morning. Why can't him or Jose just pull him to the side and ask him what he wants to do, or why his agent won't get in contact with the club, or ask for a meeting with his agent?

Surely Eriksen can't be so brashly stonewalling them to the point where his agent is in hiding and he refuses to say anything himself when confronted by Jose or Levy?

Just seems impossible for that to be happening.

Loon

:lol:
In the City All or Nothing, was our game, when we denied them the title, “We’ll take your fecking restaurant bookings!” Given any decent coverage or were we made to look like cnuts?

Zoo

Like others have pointed out it's basically the Jose show with an airbrushing out of Pochettino.

If they had won at Old Trafford probably most of episode 3 would have been dedicated to that - Jose's revenge, United's embarrassment etc. Instead they lost and barely 2 minutes was given :lol:

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Just watched the first episode... my main takeaway is that Jose is a bit of a weirdo.

Also - on Dele Alli being a "poor trainer" ... I don't see how/why a manager should put up with someone being a poor trainer. I mean these lads are getting paid to play football, and actual competitive games make up about 3 hours work per week. If you can't be arsed playing football for the rest of the week then feck off.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Just remembered that Jose and his coaching staff went mental when they nicked Europa League football on the last day of the season. Like there's no way he could genuinely have been that happy. It's obvious to me now that they're going to build that up as a massive moment of success at the end of the documentary.

Mainoldo

Just watched the first episode... my main takeaway is that Jose is a bit of a weirdo.

Also - on Dele Alli being a "poor trainer" ... I don't see how/why a manager should put up with someone being a poor trainer. I mean these lads are getting paid to play football, and actual competitive games make up about 3 hours work per week. If you can't be arsed playing football for the rest of the week then feck off.
Have you played football like for any club? If you have that should basically answer your question.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Have you played football like for any club? If you have that should basically answer your question.
There's a difference between playing for my Sunday side who have one training session on a Wednesday night then playing at the highest level for a Premier League side (unfortunately I never managed to do the latter)

It's different if your say Ronaldo (though he was a great trainer) but this is Dele Alli we're talking about.

Sigma

It seemed to me like it was a light hearted joke, just some banter. Not saying it was the best joke, but I don't think there was any malice behind it.

Mainoldo

There's a difference between playing for my Sunday side who have one training session on a Wednesday night then playing at the highest level for a Premier League side (unfortunately I never managed to do the latter)

It's different if your say Ronaldo (though he was a great trainer) but this is Dele Alli we're talking about.
Again that’s why I asked if you’ve played. When you play for a decent level or even just kids football.. not every player trains the same you’ll have some with high energy and you’ll have some who just go through the motions. It’s got nothing to do with what level they are at and might be more to how they gear up to games. If you watch Jose's actions he was actually trying to figure him out rather than change his training habits.

I mean in every Soccer AM teammates there’s a worst trainer. It’s got nothing to do with being what you think it is.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Just remembered that Jose and his coaching staff went mental when they nicked Europa League football on the last day of the season. Like there's no way he could genuinely have been that happy. It's obvious to me now that they're going to build that up as a massive moment of success at the end of the documentary.
It was obvious at the time and I’m sure a fair few of us commented on it then.

Things might have been different if we’d stuck a camera in front of him the whole time he was here. He clearly loves it.

But he didn’t sign for Arsenal? ;-)

saivet

Like others have pointed out it's basically the Jose show with an airbrushing out of Pochettino.
On one of The Athletic podcasts, they were saying that Poch never really embraced the idea, however Jose was very much fine with it and wanted the cameras in his private meetings.

clarkydaz

One thing I just don't understand is the Eriksen situation.

Levy says that they just can't get in contact with his agent and that there's no dialogue on his future. In the next episode Levy is shaking Eriksen's hand and saying good morning. Why can't him or Jose just pull him to the side and ask him what he wants to do, or why his agent won't get in contact with the club, or ask for a meeting with his agent?

Surely Eriksen can't be so brashly stonewalling them to the point where his agent is in hiding and he refuses to say anything himself when confronted by Jose or Levy?

Just seems impossible for that to be happening.
That Erikson situation was one of the most interesting parts showing how things actually work now. A bit weird they can be nice as pie face to face but have no idea what is going on

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham

Looking forward to seeing more from this kid, had a really solid first season just hopes he continues to improve. Can see him starting at LB.

Skeezix

There are so many funny clips of the documentary on youtube. Seems very awkward like watching The Office UK. Harry Kane seems uneasy around the camera. That alone sold it for me :lol: :lol:

Haven't used my amazon prime account for anything other than online shopping. But yeah, will now give it a watch and have a few laughs.

GlasgowCeltic

Disagree. I think he’s the exact sort of leader that they say he is in the show. A leader by example on the pitch, in games, and in training. Works his absolute bollocks off day in day out and has always been known for it.

Shit at team talks as we’ve seen I’ll give you that, but maybe it’s personal opinion but I’d rather a leader who plays a good game rather than a leader who talks a good game.

Not only that but a leader who doesn’t ever bring his club and country into disrepute with off field antics like some other captains...
Don't understand why he's getting criticism at all. There's no shame in him not being as charismatic as others, he's better and works harder than any of his teammates.