Spurs fans booed during/after 0-3 defeat. United fans silent after 0-5 defeat.

Nothing stopping you going to Old Trafford and booing all you like.

Also, Conte rejected Spurs in the summer, seems unlikely anything in the last 3 months would have changed his mind.

Edit: a shitload more money would probably do it.

RUCK4444

I heard the plane and banner have been arranged for the City game. Fingers crossed.
What's it say? Ole out, Potter in?

We can't even agree there is a decent option to step in right now, I agree we need a new manager, but it's pointless pushing him out just so Fletcher can have it until the end of the season, let's be honest.

predator

Youth NITK
That last part is as if match going united support are some sort of voluntary freedom fighters serving in the line of duty. Talk about laughable.

Fans going to game are the most privileged bunch of united fans. There are die hard supports who will never get to see a game due to logistics and expenses. Every person has a right to say whatever they want.
I am just saying what has actually happened in the past and what happens every home match.

Voluntary freedom fighters? What a strange comment.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I am just saying what has actually happened in the past and what happens every home match.

Voluntary freedom fighters? What a strange comment.
Your post about match going fans being above any criticism as if they're some type of firefighters sacrificing their weekends while rest sit behind a keyboard is what's strange to me.

And btw every club talks about their amazing fans. We're no exception.

JohnnyKills

It's a cultural thing at United. Too many people care more about being perceived as proper fans, even to the detriment of our plight to be successful, which is somewhat ironic.

There are also weird individuals who can't separate personal criticism with professional criticism, and label any critism as "hating". It immediately destroys any constructive discussion and brings everything down to playground name calling.

Basically there's lots of unusual physiological issues on show and as a fan base we're as hopeless as the people who run our club. It's sad because if everyone was aligned and focused on succeeding we could be amongst the best in the world, up there with Real Madrid and Bayern. We have the fan base and the revenue to achieve whatever we want. But what can you do when the manager is bigger than the club and underperformance is tolerated.
Totally mate. I think a lot of it is due to the fact that a lot of fans grew up being called spoilt, so see this as their chance to shine.

Tbh I couldn't give a shit what people think of me as a fan. I'm not advocating booing, but there's no point actively praising poor performance. The applause Mourinho got from fans towards the end of his regime was ridiculous - he was burning the fecking club down!!

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
Spurs having higher standards for their manager than United and acting quickly after a 3-0 home defeat to bring in Conte, a proven winner. What a time to be alive.
I doubt this, the Spurs standard is trying to CL football

predator

Youth NITK
Your post about match going fans being above any criticism as if they're some type of firefighters sacrificing their weekends while rest sit behind a keyboard is what's strange to me.

And btw every club talks about their amazing fans. We're no exception.
Match going fans are being criticised on this forum, it happens and I'm fully aware of it. I'm saying that I think it is pathetic to slate 70 thousand people who have paid and attend matches from the comfort of a keyboard, regardless of location.

Why are you going on about firefighters? :lol:

Totally mate. I think a lot of it is due to the fact that a lot of fans grew up being called spoilt, so see this as their chance to shine.

Tbh I couldn't give a shit what people think of me as a fan. I'm not advocating booing, but there's no point actively praising poor performance. The applause Mourinho got from fans towards the end of his regime was ridiculous - he was burning the fecking club down!!
Anyone can go to the game and boo or they want, it's their choice.

Just as it's the choice of other people to clap and support the team/manager when things are bad.

It's not that deep.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
Theyve got a world class manager whilst we give Ole more time for no reason at all. Watch them finish comfortably ahead of us now..
Haha. That'll be interesting for them. Finishing above us these days is not much of an achievement but can they sustain it.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
As long as the matchgoing fans behave well and create a good atmosphere for the team, actually levying criticism on them is pretty pathetic.

Maybe people don't want to spend their hard earned money just to go to a stadium and be negative for nearly 2 hours? They are there for the team after all.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
I heard the boos at HT vs both Atalanta as well as Liverpool game. I feel it's unfair to lay the blame on fans, when our board comprises of bunch of inept cnuts who can't take a decision between themselves.

Do you genuinely believe OP, that fans have to hurl out banners and lay waste in and around Old Trafford for the board to act?

The whole club is rotten from top to bottom, they only read/hear what they want to. This is most evident, when you hear the manager talk. He was asked about boos at HT vs Atalanta, and he shrugged it off, by sprouting non-sense like "good fans" "singing section", yadda, yadda. The board are aware, there is a division among the fanbase, they are just too incompetent to do anything about it. The fault lies with them, not the fans.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
It's funny you mention the short term v the long term because Conte defines short term. Conte may well give Spurs (or us) a short term fix but it has its expiration date before you have to 'go again'
So pretty much the formula most top clubs go for.

Do you think Bayern fans regret the Hansi Flick era despite it only lasting 18 months?

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Nothing stopping you going to Old Trafford and booing all you like.

Also, Conte rejected Spurs in the summer, seems unlikely anything in the last 3 months would have changed his mind.

Edit: a shitload more money would probably do it.
My guess is Levy's hand has been forced. The fans made it abundantly clear on Saturday they're at the end of their tether with him and how they've been run in recent years which has pressured him into meeting Conte half way if not more.

R'hllor

Going to matches at home in PL aint supporting, its just being there.

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap

We weren't silent. Was probably the loudest, most sustained United Calypso of the season in the last 10 minutes of the 0-5. Thankfully the Stretford End and singing section is well populated in recent seasons. Good sustained atmosphere and a critical mass of unfickle fans who support the team without entitlement. If United lose to City at the weekend, it sure as hell won't be down to a lack of vocal support and fans not attending with the intention of playing their role in loudly supporting their team.

By all means, get on the fecking ferry, paint your bed sheets and have a tantrum in the stands.
This is like when you see daily mail readers harping on about the "migrants" stealing all the jobs. :lol:

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
My guess is Levy's hand has been forced. The fans made it abundantly clear on Saturday they're at the end of their tether with him and how they've been run in recent years which has pressured him into meeting Conte half way if not more.
This is nothing more than conjecture, stating that the fans forced Levy into meeting Conte half way. First of all, that would be a terrible way to run a football club

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
This is nothing more than conjecture,
Obviously hence the word "guess".

stating that the fans forced Levy into meeting Conte half way. First of all, that would be a terrible way to run a football club
Fans including Tottenham's prevented the biggest change in football possibly ever (the ESL) forcing a drastic U turn that would make Boris blush in the process. It's not exactly the world's biggest stretch to think he felt the pressure of a baying crowd that made it very clear they're approaching the end of their tether with him.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Obviously hence the word "guess".

Fans including Tottenham's prevented the biggest change in football possibly ever (the ESL) forcing a drastic U turn that would make Boris blush in the process. It's not exactly the world's biggest stretch to think he felt the pressure of a baying crowd that made it very clear they're approaching the end of their tether with him.
It's not the world's biggest stretch, but it'll still need ice and a tight bandage for a few weeks

The ESL collapsing was due to way more than matchgoing fan pressure (although that contributed), it was UEFA/FIFA, sponsors, actual governments coming out against a very ill conceived and silly proposal that needed a lot of goodwill to stand a chance of going forward.

That's worlds removed (using world a lot here) from correlating matchgoing fans calling for a coach's dismissal, to said dismissal. Sackings happen with/without fans baying for it.

But you said it's just a guess so cool.

sport2793

If anything, shouldn't the Jose episode show that regardless of fan reaction inside OT, the owners will sack the manager if media and internet criticism (in addition to poor results) gets elevated above a certain threshold? It's pretty clear to me that if the board can secure their preferred replacement, they will move on from Ole unless the latter is able to do something spectacular.

RedStarUnited

If anything, shouldn't the Jose episode show that regardless of fan reaction inside OT, the owners will sack the manager if media and internet criticism (in addition to poor results) gets elevated above a certain threshold? It's pretty clear to me that if the board can secure their preferred replacement, they will move on from Ole unless the latter is able to do something spectacular.
Where are you getting that clarity from? This board has shown time and time again that there is no plan and everything is reactionary.

As long as the matchgoing fans behave well and create a good atmosphere for the team, actually levying criticism on them is pretty pathetic.

Maybe people don't want to spend their hard earned money just to go to a stadium and be negative for nearly 2 hours? They are there for the team after all.
Why does booing the manager = not supporting the team? Id happily be negative for 2 hours if it means il get to enjoy more of those 2 hours in the future.

Red00012

Ole at the wheel was been sang at Spurs .

clubs taking the piss out of us singing it yet we still continue to sing one of the worst songs we’ve had . All we are short is an allez allez allez.

I do think Spurs fans were OTT but can we please just bin this fecking song

passing-wind

It's a cultural thing at United. Too many people care more about being perceived as proper fans, even to the detriment of our plight to be successful, which is somewhat ironic.
Don't think anymore needs to be said. United fans entitled to a false sense of pride, one of the core reasons why the club hasn't won the league in what's coming up to a decade. No oppression to mediocrity.

croadyman

Nuno sacked. Quick move to get Conte.

Ole survives to smile another day. United board Spurs’d it.

Maybe sometimes the match going fans need to let their disgruntled voices be heard?

Next up, home to City...
They haven't got in their hearts to do that I am afraid due to our managers legendary status

croadyman

United board/Glazers know Old Trafford is a soft touch that will continue to Ole-at-the-wheel as long as they see a United Waybattling performance once a month.
Yeah they have got our top reds and matchgoers on strings no doubt about that

Tyrion

If United lose to City at the weekend, it sure as hell won't be down to a lack of vocal support and fans not attending with the intention of playing their role in loudly supporting their team.
If we lose, it might be down to a lack of ruthlessness. Or to put it another way:

Spurs having higher standards for their manager than United and acting quickly after a 3-0 home defeat to bring in Conte, a proven winner. What a time to be alive.
Aww do you want a Top Red medal?
He was just defending himself from a petty post.

Lecland07

What's it say? Ole out, Potter in?

We can't even agree there is a decent option to step in right now, I agree we need a new manager, but it's pointless pushing him out just so Fletcher can have it until the end of the season, let's be honest.
What is the point of sticking with him, though? At the moment, things are so bad on the pitch that keeping Solskjaer is incredibly risky. Within the next couple of weeks, we could be done and dusted in the title race and out of the Champion's League. And that is no exaggeration since that is how bad we have been. To be honest, we are lucky not to be out of both already.

There is already a lot of negativity around the club failing to sack Solskjaer and our terrible performances, and rightly so. Imagine if we lose just one of the next two games, it will put the club into an absolutely awful position for the rest of the season, even if the manager is changed. It can get far worse than it is currently under Solskjaer. And then? I guess we make a change, but that delay could cost the next manager/caretaker the chance of doing anything this season.

Sticking with Solskjaer is equivalent to writing off the season, for me. Do we want constantly just want to wait for next season? To be honest, I would quite like to see some good football this season than have to wait another year. I don't want to wait for a change in Solskjaer that will never come. That is why changing manager, even to a caretaker, will bring more promise for a change in performance, and a lot of the negativity will subside. There will be some promise around a change happening.

Of course, this time I hope we don't stick with the caretaker if we do that.

el3mel

The majority of the fans left at half time in Liverpool game. Pretty sure that's a sign of them not liking the shit they were watching so I don't think it's fair to blame them at all. The board still didn't give a shit about them leaving and persisted with Ole. It's the board's problem.

Cloud7

The majority of the fans left at half time in Liverpool game. Pretty sure that's a sign of them not liking the shit they were watching so I don't think it's fair to blame them at all. The board still didn't give a shit about them leaving and persisted with Ole. It's the board's problem.
But what about the epic United calypso?

Bosnian_fan

Supports
Sarajevo
Never been to Old Trafford but have been to many other stadiums across Europe. Reading this topic looks pretty incredible to me.

Everywhere around Europe, match-going fans will hound players and the manager if they are not good enough. When Madrid faitfhul start waving white handkerchiefs, the manager is as good as gone.

Booing the manager and poor performance is absolutely not a sign of lack of support for the club. If you boo the manager, you are obviously not supporting him, but supporting the club does not equate to supporting the manager every time. Supporting incompetent manager harms the club long term, is there a better proof than United?

If Ole was manager in Real Madrid, Barcelona, Inter, Juventus etc he would never have survived 5:0 drubbing at home against big rival. Stadium would eat him up and he'd be sacked within 24 hours.

Withnail

A couple of hundred left at half time.

Where are you getting this majority from?