Spurs fans booed during/after 0-3 defeat. United fans silent after 0-5 defeat.

jameyzane

Only at Manchester United booing the manager and his dire tactics translates to not supporting the team. Only at Manchester United!

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Amazing stuff. Haven't trawled through the whole thing. Is it just the fans at Old Trafford getting a kicking or the entitled, naive knobs who cheered us on at Spurs too? As far as I can make out, the tea lady has refrained from pouring a pot over Ole thusfar and yet incredibly, there doesn't seem to be a thread on her yet. Somebody sort it out. Wouldn't happen at Bayern/ Dortmund/Chelsea/Spurs(???!) etc.

Nash27

Because ole is a club legend and there is a respectful way of not wanting him anymore. I dont understand fans who think they need to be toxic and vile to get ole sacked/out of the club.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Because ole is a club legend and there is a respectful way of not wanting him anymore. I dont understand fans who think they need to be toxic and vile to get ole sacked/out of the club.
Vast majority have zero understanding of fan culture/attending Utd games*

*With exceptions to the rule ofcourse.

ElBarto

He's a club legend as a player but as a manager he's a shambles- evidenced by getting demolished 5nil at home. Need to learn to be objective about the 2 roles.

MUFC is run as a business rather than a football club, I think we can all agree on that. As paying customers of this business are we not entitled to voice our discontent? How does one respectfully request for a change in management? We need to drop the holier than thou approach and do what needs to be done to effect positive change

el3mel

I have no idea what point you are making other than making up numbers when you weren't there?
You're the one who's trying to make a meal out of one word. You read the word "majority" and wanted to make a meal out of it.

A lot of fans left at half time, period. They expressed their anger at the result with this. What's their exact number doesn't matter, still a lot left.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
You're the one who's trying to make a meal out of one word. You read the word "majority" and wanted to make a meal out of it.

A lot of fans left at half time, period. They expressed their anger at the result with this. What's their exact number doesn't matter, still a lot left.
If the majority of fans left at HT that would have been historic. So I just explained you're claim was bollocks, which it was. We move on...

el3mel

If the majority of fans left at HT that would have been historic. So I just explained you're claim was bollocks, which it was. We move on...
Ok cool. I got the "majority" word wrong. Can we now focus on the actual damn topic, which is comparing United fans reaction to Spurs one in their losses ?

Withnail

They showed an overhead of half time on Sky news and reported it was a few hundred who left. You could even see the majority were still there at the end on the telly.

Slight disparity there between 'majority' and less than 1% :lol:

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Ok cool. I got the "majority" word wrong. Can we now focus on the actual damn topic, which is comparing United fans reaction to Spurs one in their losses ?
There is no comparison other than we are both badly run.

el3mel

The OP was comparing the reaction between both fans, that's literally the thread title, or are you talking for the poster who opened the thread now ? and imo United fans expressed their anger during the game, so I don't feel blaming them for our shit show.

matt23

The amount of people that left Old Trafford at HT was probably negligible to us but would have been City's best attendance of the season.

romufc

Actually there is comparison, they are run a whole lot better than we are.

They were bought in 2001, 11 years later there are in the so called top 6 table, without winning a trophy.

They have build a state of the art stadium and training ground

They have shown ambition in hiring managers to win, even if they got it wrong.

They are at the top table without a piece of silverware whereas Leicester have won a PL and CL and not considered top 6.

In 11 years, they have transformed Spurs to a level where players and managers believe its a big club, without silverware.

Our owners, with great silverware have downgraded us to top 4 merchants.

Bosnian_fan

Supports
Sarajevo
Only on the Caf would our armchair contingent feel entitled enough to tell the match day going fans what to do.
Nobody can tell anyone what to do. What we can see is what other fanbases of more successful clubs do. They want results from players, managers and board. Of course, fans are not to blame for club situation, but voicing their opinion, whatever that opinion is, in itself is not bad and doesn't mean that club is being disrespected.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Only on the Caf would our armchair contingent feel entitled enough to tell the match day going fans what to do.
People can do what they want. And others can judge them how they like.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
The Glazers think OT is a soft touch? Is this a serious post?

They were to scared to attend it for a decade FFS.
I just dont think they were bothered regardless.

They know that we arent that serious with sustained protests. We tried twice and they fizzled out with just some nice flowery words.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
They can and I don't want to be told what I should and shouldn't be doing when I go to games by some people who think they're 'top reds' whilst say in their armchair at home
Probably need to work on your understanding of where a lot of these fans are from. They arent all from UK and have the same passion for the club.

They arent armchair by choice necessarily. Worth noting a lot of posters are match going fans venting frustration at others trying to be "top reds". I am arguably one such fan sick and tired of our match going fans being too nice and fickle.

Dan_F

Some of you lot are honestly an embarrassment. Imagine having the gall to write that it’s the match going fans fault that United have been shit since Fergie left. The core support, away especially, is one of the best parts of the club.

pascell

Probably need to work on your understanding of where a lot of these fans are from. They arent all from UK and have the same passion for the club.

They arent armchair by choice necessarily. Worth noting a lot of posters are match going fans venting frustration at others trying to be "top reds". I am arguably one such fan sick and tired of our match going fans being too nice and fickle.
How do people know they're nice and fickle? You're hearing what sounds are put through your TV by the broadcaster.

The boos I heard from the stand I'm in vs Liverpool weren't what I've heard before, it was the whole stadium, not the minority.

Do people actually think we'll just sit by in the stadium and accept mediocrity? Absolutely no chance.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
How do people know they're nice and fickle? You're hearing what sounds are put through your TV by the broadcaster.

The boos I heard from the stand I'm in vs Liverpool weren't what I've heard before, it was the whole stadium, not the minority.

Do people actually think we'll just sit by in the stadium and accept mediocrity? Absolutely no chance.
I hears quite clearly Ole chants when we were up at Spurs. I saw fellow Stretford end supporters get angry at me at Everton when I voiced discontent at how Ronaldo stormed off without clapping fans.

The fans are too nice. It takes 5-0 thumping to get some boos and it will take an easy win against a free hit team for them to sing the managers name again. It is this nice nature that the board will take advantage of.

To be clear I dont want to actually tell you what to do at the game. It is your decision and I dont think me or you are any more or less a supporter from our views. However I firmly believe that our patience as dedicated supporters is being leveraged by the owners and we seem to be easily pleased as a fanbase.

pascell

Some of you lot are honestly an embarrassment. Imagine having the gall to write that it’s the match going fans fault that United have been shit since Fergie left. The core support, away especially, is one of the best parts of the club.
Nothing surprises me with this place nowadays unfortunately

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Boos at half and full time. Match going fans are getting fed up too.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Are people really blaming the match going fans for not booing enough to get the manager sacked? :lol:
Blaming match-going fans for not booing. FFS. I suppose it’s the modern world. Bubbles. Hope they get to OT some day.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Ah the old boys club.

So careers of current players can be ruined and we must not upset ole who has one left he most coveted jobs in world football because of his past, not his performance?

Booing is not being toxic. It's showing displeasure at the performance and you as a fan should exercise it for a ticket you paid for.