Spurs new stadium | Loses NFL for 2020 but gains appearance in Gangs of London £££

Red Keane

On the thread's theme of "Open for business" ...

Another major music event is announced at Spurs' stadium: the Capital's Summertime Ball on Saturday 6 June 2020"

This follows on from the earlier announcement of two Guns N’ Roses concerts at the stadium on May 29th and May 30th.
The Competition for hosting Stadium Sized concerts (in London) is getting pretty tight these days, what with Twickenham, Wembley, the Olympic Stadium and now the New WHL getting involved.

Jambalaya

No one cares.Just like Emirates..If stadium would mean anything ...Schalke o4 would be best club in the world.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Is Glaston alive? If he is, he's a coward. Should be banned as soon as he rears his head.

Brophs

The One and Only
Pfft, they don't need NFL money anymore

I mean, they could just have used Luton Airport and any underground car park in the world but different strokes, I guess...

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I can see them dropping down the league a bit over next few seasons.

Stadium going to hurt them in the short term with all the outside money spinners being cancelled. Add in Kane making noises I think they'll have to sell some key players over next 18 months. They're not huge wage payers and also have the worst possible top level manager for the new project of keeping them competitive on a relative shoestring in the top 6.

Let's not forget they were on course to finish 8th this season given they still had lots of tough home matches left to play.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Big blow that but nothing that can be done about it. I do wonder just how much we will be impacted by COVID and how much money we have to keep ourselves afloat through this while paying back an absolutely ton of cash on stadium payments.

I still think that long term we will be fine but it must be an extremely difficult situation for the club right now (for all clubs)

Kag

Spurs are finished as plausible rivals. They’ll spend the next few years (probably longer) pissing about in fifth, sixth, maybe fourth on the odd occasion, sort of like we have for the last seven.

Mourinho is a bust. They don’t have the money to compete with their rivals. Kane will play his way out of the club. It should make for some fairly pleasant viewing.

tenpoless

So it seems like the tables have turned and the new Stadium wasn't such a good idea after all? maybe They thought everything was taken care of with the players They had and Poch. Their Champions League achievement was the final confirmation They needed. A growing club, a new stadium, good players, what could go wrong?
But now They have Jose, Poch is jobless and GlastonSpur went back to India. You couldn't make this up :lol:

Lee565

I cant see many positives for spurs in the next few seasons, for a start the transfer market is going to be screwed up whenever the next one pops up and Mourinho will struggle massively of not being able to bring the players in he wants to make his team like he demanded at every club and I doubt they will be able to afford to sack him either.

spurs will likely have to sell before making any decent transfers especially how scrutinised their dealings will be after acting like cheap skates by wanting furlough non playing staff members so they then cant then be seen spunking a fair whack of money on transfers without backlash, potentially they would end up having to sell either son or kane who are the only two with any real good value

Man of Steel

Smashed it!!
I'm doubting people's commitment to Sparkle Motion
Hope the cheese room has been fully sealed. God knows what mutations and germs are growing in there!

O.M.G... Maybe that's why we haven't heard from Glaston? Trapped in the cheese laboratory microculture incubation units... yikes!

He'll come out like some sort of resident evil bree creature..

So pretty much as normal then I guess.

MrPooni

The best (worst) is yet to come, don't be so hasty and enjoy the ride :lol:
Appointing Jose by touting the benefits of your expensive new facilities only a few months before a global pandemic induced economic collapse will be hard to top.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Isn't it, £637m of debt, an interest rate of 2.66% over thirty years. So £25m per year servicing the debt?
Wow, they got £624m at 2.44%? That was an amazing rate. I would've thought it would be at least 3.5%.

Anyway, that aside, this bcd business is going to hit them the hardest of all the PL clubs. Their whole model was to generate serious coin from the stadium in order to finance their long term plans. However, with no football or events for the next 6-18 months, this is going to hammer them, especially as the transfer market will drop so they cannot even finance it with sales.

I am not one to usually gloat, but after the Dippers, this couldn't of happened to a better club.

cyberman

So what’s the story with Glaston these days, is he still on the forum but in hiding or what?
Disappeared when they were shit. Reappeared after Joses inital good run, disappeared again.
Ill let you guess as to what part of that timeline matches up with their good form