Spurs new stadium | Loses NFL for 2020 but gains appearance in Gangs of London £££

Mindhunter

Any idea how is this looking now with covid-19? I believe they are servicing enormous amount of debt without the revenues being generated from their asset. Without supporters, all the restaurants, pubs, etc. and their additional revenue streams must be zero.

I am guessing this will impact their overall financial health as well as short term availability of funds to replenish the team.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Any idea how is this looking now with covid-19? I believe they are servicing enormous amount of debt without the revenues being generated from their asset. Without supporters, all the restaurants, pubs, etc. and their additional revenue streams must be zero.

I am guessing this will impact their overall financial health as well as short term availability of funds to replenish the team.
Try telling that to Jose he is already moaning about his player options.

Red Keane

Tottenham needed to build that Stadium to progress as a club. The trouble is though, the idiots that own/run the club (Lewis & Levy) stupidly forgot that they also needed to invest into the squad as well. All they need to do is look at their North London rivals to see what happens when you make said mistake...

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Tottenham needed to build that Stadium to progress as a club. The trouble is though, the idiots that own/run the club (Lewis & Levy) stupidly forgot that they also needed to invest into the squad as well. All they need to do is look at their North London rivals to see what happens when you make said mistake...
Not even invest all that much, refresh would have been good enough. Selling Dier, Eriksen, Alli, Alderweireld and Rose when their stock was high would have raised a large amount of capital to refresh and rebuild. You could have been talking about 250 million for the above at one stage.

I don’t know how he has managed to mess it up so badly, he was so lazer focused on keeping everyone together. You would be lucky to get 70 million for what’s left of that group now.

A real balls up and Levy deserves the criticism that will inevitably come after another slim summer.

Red Keane

Not even invest all that much, refresh would have been good enough.
Well their 2018-2019 Squad needed another RB, a CB, 2 CMs, a Winger & a Striker. Had they got all 6, they might have actually won the Champions League.

Selling Dier, Eriksen, Alli, Alderweireld and Rose when their stock was high would have raised a large amount of capital to refresh and rebuild. You could have been talking about 250 million for the above at one stage.
While I would be tempted to sell Dier, I don't think selling the other 4 would have been a wise decision for Spurs. Especially when getting like-for-like (or better) replacements would have likely cost more than £250 Million.

I don’t know how he has managed to mess it up so badly
Because he refused to accept that Tottenham needed to spend like a Big Club (£28 Million over 5 Seasons? Really?), despite the fact they became one under Poch. Instead he allowed the likes of Chelsea, Man City & Liverpool win Trophies at their expence.

he was so lazer focused on keeping everyone together.
If he really wanted to do that, he should have invested into the team.

You would be lucky to get 70 million for what’s left of that group now.
Agreed.

A real balls up and Levy deserves the criticism that will inevitably come after another slim summer.
He and Lewis should be also held responsible for the fact they failed to win any trophies under Poch, despite the fact they where always a few players away from doing exactly that.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
You could have gotten young and hungry players who wanted to play for Spurs though. Even if it were like for like, they kept the same group of players together with little to no change for far too long.

It’s a balls up and I think we will see just how big a balls up it is this summer.

Red Keane

You could have gotten young and hungry players who wanted to play for Spurs though.
Fair enough.

Even if it were like for like, they kept the same group of players together with little to no change for far too long.
Wouldn't that problem be solved by the addtion of the 6 players I suggested? Especially when said players would increase the competition for places within the squad and thus force all of them to raise their standards.

It’s a balls up and I think we will see just how big a balls up it is this summer.
One does wonder why Mourinho accepted the job in the first place...

TheLord

Spurs have been incredibly lucky with the steady presence of 3 to 4 genuine world class players in their squad every season for the last 10-12 years. Their miserly spending has been offset by sheer luck. They hit the jackpot with the current trio of Harry Kane, Christian Eriksen, and Son Heung-min. Before that, Gareth Bale and Luka Modric. And Dimitar Berbatov for a couple of years.

We will see them explode into a proper midtable side in a year or two.

reelworld

e
Spurs have been incredibly lucky with the steady presence of 3 to 4 genuine world class players in their squad every season for the last 10-12 years. Their miserly spending has been offset by sheer luck. They hit the jackpot with the current trio of Harry Kane, Christian Eriksen, and Son Heung-min. Before that, Gareth Bale and Luka Modric. And Dimitar Berbatov for a couple of years.

We will see them explode into a proper midtable side in a year or two.
ehh, I'm no Spurs fan, but the fact that they can recruit those player shows they are good at spotting and developing players. But IMO they didn't have that special player who could take them over the bump.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Was just thinking that.

Their whole business model for the new stadium was to cram everyone inside early and keep them there late. Good luck with that.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Didn't they secure a second loan on top of the first one not long ago ? Or was it before the COVID crisis ? Either way it's going to hurt. Fans are supposed to be let in in sport events very slowly (under 5k) starting early July in France. It will probably September/October before we get to half capacity or more if everything goes well. PL clubs are surely not counting on gate receipts before 2021...

Red Keane

ehh, I'm no Spurs fan, but the fact that they can recruit those player shows they are good at spotting and developing players. But IMO they didn't have that special player who could take them over the bump.
Tottenham under Poch had a great Starting XI, the real problem was the lack of good players within their reserves (useful when the going gets tough).

Didn't they secure a second loan on top of the first one not long ago?
They got a £175 Million Loan from the Bank of England (as part of their Covid Corporate Financing Facility Scheme) (1), fortunately for Spurs they only have to play a 0.5% interest rate. It's telling though that Levy mentioned that Spurs could lose as much as £200 Million as a result of this crisis.

(1) https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52924157

Or was it before the COVID crisis ? Either way it's going to hurt. Fans are supposed to be let in in sport events very slowly (under 5k) starting early July in France. It will probably September/October before we get to half capacity or more if everything goes well. PL clubs are surely not counting on gate receipts before 2021...
Personally I think the Premier League/Football League would be doing well to have full crowds before 2021.