Spurs new stadium | Loses NFL for 2020 but gains appearance in Gangs of London £££

vadimivich

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Surely can‘t be worse than RedCafe after a preseason loss:smirk:
Have you seen @SquishyMcSquish vs. @GlastonSpur the past few days? That's a drop in the bucket of the back and forth melting the rest of us Spurs fans have to watch every transfer window, every stadium update, basically everything. It's like a goddamn holy war and it's exhausting.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
We will boast the longest bar in the UK, which IMO is going to earn us at least 6 more points every season.

Plus, perfect place to go when we sign nobody again. Bet that's been his plan all along the tight fisted cnut.
What would really be cool would have been a glass bottom bar above the entire pitch so you can drink and then watch the match like its an old school FM match from above.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Made with ultra powerful LED technology, absolutely blinding. Which has the useful side effect of meaning our fans don't have to watch Sissoko play.
For a Spurs fan you talk like you are an Arsenal fan. Why are you constantly ripping into your own club? Honestly getting boring now. I get frustrated at the club and would like some things done differently but feck me I still support them with all my heart and will defend them. You are just putting the boot in needlessly. I have my own issues with Glaston and he pretty much hates me as a result but give the guy a break and give us all a break.

Varun

Staff
For a Spurs fan you talk like you are an Arsenal fan. Why are you constantly ripping into your own club? Honestly getting boring now. I get frustrated at the club and would like some things done differently but feck me I still support them with all my heart and will defend them. You are just putting the boot in needlessly. I have my own issues with Glaston and he pretty much hates me as a result but give the guy a break and give us all a break.
Its a joke ffs. Lighten up.

Trizy

Delayed by at least 2 months, and they only figured this out now?
The contractor would have told the design team that the build was still on program regardless of it looking delayed (tower cranes still up) to avoid disputes. Then when it's as clear as day it's not done yet, near the original deadline date, they'll tell them there is a delay. You might be surprised but 95%+ of jobs are always delayed. Contractors don't do it on purpose though. A lot of people don't understand that the contractor loses money the longer the job runs. Because in your tender BOQ, you're pricing your labour costs for the duration of the contract. Anything over the original contract duration comes out of your pocket (unless you were delayed on site by the client's big changes.. which you can claim for.. but that's story for a different day).

Source: I'm a QS for a main contractor.

vadimivich

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Why exactly do some spurs fans have a god like reverence towards Levy?
For exactly the same reasons some venomously hate him and believe he is the reason why Spurs are not Real Madrid. Fans are crazy people.

He's an owner/chairman and has done a solid job overall, taking over the club in probably it's darkest hour of the modern era and rebuilding it back up. He's not perfect or a god, but he's also not sabotaging the club or robbing it blind. He's definitely erred on the side of long term stability over short term immediacy and fans are more likely to be short term thinkers (WE ARE RUINED IF WE SELL BERBATOV AND CARRICK, WE CAN WIN THE LEAGUE IF WE BUY BIG RIGHT NOW, etc, etc) and that leads to friction. Levy also basically does no PR at all, in any form - which lets fans form their own picture of what goes on in N17. Some are convinced he's a genius, others that he's only in it to make himself rich and Levy does nothing to try and weigh into those debates or influence his image at all.

I will say - building Spurs up to the point where the club is likely to break into the top 10 globally in revenue, keeping our star players, being consistently in the Champions League and in a glorious new stadium would have been an unthinkable achievement just a decade ago (Berbatov was sold almost exactly a decade ago, which seems like 3 lifetimes back now as a Spurs fan). It's easy to lose track of that in the week to week, month to month minutae of each season and especially for younger fans (say - under the age of 30) they barely even remember when Spurs weren't even close to competitive with the "Big 4" and trying to not get relegated.

I'd love to win the league here in the next couple of seasons. I think it would be difficult, but it's possible. The fact that it is even a dream you can have a tiny bit of still seems remarkable though. And so a stadium delay here or there, a quiet transfer window ... just does not bother me as much anymore. I don't think Levy is godlike, I think he's an owner/chairman who has mostly done a good job and as long as the long arc of Spurs development continues upward I just cannot bother to get @SquishyMcSquish levels of pissed off or @GlastonSpur levels of defensive.

EyeInTheSky

It's a rival teams forum. What did you expect, a circle jerk thread in which United fans came together and marvelled at the fact we will have heated seats?

Live in the real world, mate. Rival fans aren't nearly as excited about our new stadium's details as you are. A chance to have a little dig at an opposing team is much more interesting.
Funny thing is, there are plenty of negative threads on here by "United fans" about any perceived negative BS about the club including proven fake news and quotes by complete unknowns and fake accounts. These threads outnumber banter threads about other clubs by a large margin.

To be honest I think even the stadium thing would not have been bothered with but its all down to Glaston and his behaviour on here that some have decided to pick on any little thing to rib him with :lol:

PaulRich

I work for the company that's building it, albeit in the UAE. Its going to be late, late.

Varun

Staff
It's not about that post - it's about the hundreds of posts over the last few weeks.
He's not happy with your transfer business, is it really shocking given your transfer activity? Reading some of our lot go on and on about United must kill you given the negativity on display.

Revan

Assumptionman
Why exactly do some spurs fans have a god like reverence towards Levy?
He is all they have. A bit similar to how United fans get offended nowadays if someone dares to say that De Gea is not the best keeper in the world. When you are not good, you find these types of things for yourself.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
@balaks how does one go about purchasing tickets for Spurs games at Wembley, or is it not possible without a Hotspur One membership?

Moonwalker

Yeah, he's a real feckwit, but nothing he writes would seem quite as doltish if he were an Arsenal fan. Perhaps he is. Another Karel Poborsky of the forum.

PaulRich

How late is late?
It isn't particularly the building work that's late - they've found serious issues with the building systems that are installed including fire and life safety that means it cant even be put forwards for authority sign off and Operational Readiness Testing, let alone signed off for public use.

A quick resolution might mean a couple of weeks, serious re-design and re-work followed by the necessary sign offs - anyones guess.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Talking utter nonsense. I got annoyed in the Spurs thread because we had signed nobody during a transfer window (shock horror) but since haven't even mentioned it aside for a couple of jokes in a thread. What the feck do you mean give the guy a break? He jumped on me because of a joke in a lighthearted thread FFS.

Also, give me some decent examples of me 'ripping in' to our football club, beyond a few jokes about Sissoko and having a go at Levy. If you're going to make stupid accusations at least back them up. I've predicted us a top four battle, and have said we have one of the best managers and squad in the league. Daniel Levy isn't our football club.

If you bother to go in the Arsenal thread, you'll see I've also heavily criticized them in a number of ways and said I see no way of them making the top four this season. I try and be relatively objective when I assess any team, including our own.

Last edited:

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Yeah, he's a real feckwit, but nothing he writes would seem quite as doltish if he were an Arsenal fan. Perhaps he is. Another Karel Poborsky of the forum.
Oh look, the one man Serge Aurier fanclub has arrived!

Keep sucking those lemons.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
@balaks how does one go about purchasing tickets for Spurs games at Wembley, or is it not possible without a Hotspur One membership?
I'm probably not the best person to ask mate as I only get over to see Spurs play live once every couple of years unfortunately.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I'm probably not the best person to ask mate as I only get over to see Spurs play live once every couple of years unfortunately.
Cheers. It's my birthday the Friday before the game so a weekend in London would be great.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Doesn't that mean it's within the rules to ask for - and get - permission?

Otherwise, I can only suggest that other clubs sue the Prem authorities for breaking the alleged rules. Although it beats me why they would wish to do so, when it's a disadvantage to Spurs to be playing at Wembley.

So some teams enjoy an advantage against Spurs, some don't.

This exactly why it shouldn't have been allowed.

I’m a Man Utd supporting Spurs member - horrible horrible combination!

Being a member means you get first dibs, after season ticket holders for the tickets. But you can only buy a ticket for yourself (or another member). All bar perhaps the Juventus match went on general sale last season. Utd and Arsenal certainly did go on general sale. So you are very likely to be able to pick up a ticket on general sale - however likely to be the worst seats clearly.

Even if your intending to get a ticket on general sale, sign up to their ticket site now. Sometimes there are restrictsion in place, so for example against Chelsea you couldn’t buy a ticket on general sale unless you had signed up to the ticket site before a certain date - this is to stop a last minute influx of away supporters buying up home tickets.

Membership is about £50 per season. I went and saw Juventus, Real Madrid, Arsenal and Utd matches last season so worth it. If it’s just for one match then memebersgio and the ticket is will be at least £100. You do get a scarf if you become a member, it went straight in the bin!

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

Being a member means you get first dibs, after season ticket holders for the tickets. But you can only buy a ticket for yourself (or another member). All bar perhaps the Juventus match went on general sale last season. Utd and Arsenal certainly did go on general sale. So you are very likely to be able to pick up a ticket on general sale - however likely to be the worst seats clearly.

Even if your intending to get a ticket on general sale, sign up to their ticket site now. Sometimes there are restrictsion in place, so for example against Chelsea you couldn’t buy a ticket on general sale unless you had signed up to the ticket site before a certain date - this is to stop a last minute influx of away supporters buying up home tickets.

Membership is about £50 per season. I went and saw Juventus, Real Madrid, Arsenal and Utd matches last season so worth it. If it’s just for one match then memebersgio and the ticket is will be at least £100. You do get a scarf if you become a member, it went straight in the bin!
Cheers mate, very useful! Do I sign up to their ticket site here or is that not the correct site?

teague

It isn't particularly the building work that's late - they've found serious issues with the building systems that are installed including fire and life safety that means it cant even be put forwards for authority sign off and Operational Readiness Testing, let alone signed off for public use.

A quick resolution might mean a couple of weeks, serious re-design and re-work followed by the necessary sign offs - anyones guess.
I live nearby and to me it looks like the whole thing is late and they are just putting a spin on it claiming it is just health and safety stuff. Big chunks still aren't watertight which means a lot of internal work in those areas won't have started yet. They have had a huge amount of guys on site at all hours - weekends , late evenings etc for months; that will be costing a fortune in overtime and they wouldn't have been doing it unless they were running very late.

I have been telling Spurs mates for months that that I thought there was no chance it would be ready on time. I am only surprised that they left it so late to annouce the delay.

I remember how the FA were insistent that New Wembley would be ready for the 2006 FA Cup final. In the end both the 2006 FA Cup final and 2007 League Cup final had to be played in Cardiff. I wonder if this will be similar.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur

SHAME ON YOU SIR!

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
At least it will be fairer if all home games end up at Wembley.

Wondering if teams will find it easier to play at the new ground? IMO Arsenal moving cost then at least 5 points a season. Highbury was way more intimidating, away teams love the Emirates.

I hope our board are watching this farce. Our plan was meant to take 4! years. Probably be 5 or 6 in reality.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Also if they can't make the City fixture they can't use Wembley as there is an NFL game there that day. What a mess.
That just sounds line terrible planning. When you’re building a massive project you should always expect delays.

Cheers mate, very useful! Do I sign up to their ticket site here or is that not the correct site?
Yes that’s the one - once to sign up, you can log on to see when the tickets are released for members and then general sale etc. Can be pretty slow when the tickets are released.

SHAME ON YOU SIR!
I could hardly keep it - thankfully I don’t have any friends who support Spurs to give it too! ;-)

Scarecrow

Having a week off
I'll definitely visit the Spurs threads more often if there is this amount of handbags.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
The contractor would have told the design team that the build was still on program regardless of it looking delayed (tower cranes still up) to avoid disputes. Then when it's as clear as day it's not done yet, near the original deadline date, they'll tell them there is a delay. You might be surprised but 95%+ of jobs are always delayed. Contractors don't do it on purpose though. A lot of people don't understand that the contractor loses money the longer the job runs. Because in your tender BOQ, you're pricing your labour costs for the duration of the contract. Anything over the original contract duration comes out of your pocket (unless you were delayed on site by the client's big changes.. which you can claim for.. but that's story for a different day).

Source: I'm a QS for a main contractor.
Interesting. Tender BOQ? QS? I'm not familiar with these terms.

AngliaRed

What do you expect when our builders spend half the day reading the sun or fecking about filming pranks!

Trizy

Interesting. Tender BOQ? QS? I'm not familiar with these terms.

Tender is basically a bidding process where contractors/companies submit a price to win the contract to build the building (in this case, a stadium). As part of a tender, you submit a Bill of Quantities (BOQ) which is a list of quantities of materials/services needed to build the stadium.

QS then is a Quantity Surveyor. You can branch off into several areas of QSing but in this example, for a contractor, we price the mentioned BOQ. Then we manage costs, procurement of materials/subcontactors/services and in most cases, the project itself.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Tender is basically a bidding process where contractors/companies submit a price to win the contract to build the building (in this case, a stadium). As part of a tender, you submit a Bill of Quantities (BOQ) which is a list of quantities of materials/services needed to build the stadium.

QS then is a Quantity Surveyor. You can branch off into several areas of QSing but in this example, for a contractor, we price the mentioned BOQ. Then we manage costs, procurement of materials/subcontactors/services and in most cases, the project itself.
Cheers.