Spurs new stadium | Loses NFL for 2020 but gains appearance in Gangs of London £££

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
A stadium with 0 history can’t be the best. I still give it a 7/10.
It all looks very shiny and new but that’s because it IS new.
The retractable pitch is nothing new. In fact, i’ve seen one of the first retractable pitches ever in europe in my hometown as little as 25 years ago. So no, not very impressed by it.
:lol:

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
The most elaborate and expensive Big Top ever? They're selling cotton candy, and a Wurlitzer.

Oscar.Z.Acosta

The most elaborate and expensive Big Top ever? They're selling cotton candy, and a Wurlitzer.
This is pretty much my view. A paen to material capitalism can be dressed as prettily as you would like it to be, but ultimately its heart and soul is built to take more and more supporters’ cash.

Modern life is rubbish...

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
They seem to be making it a fortress over their 3 wins 3 clean sheets.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
It's only been a open a couple of weeks, but now it will soon host the first leg of a Champion's League Semi-Final …. amazing!

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Isn't it the same at Old Trafford, reg. standing ? Or most top club stadiums for that matter.
Yep in the most part. People don't even stand in the South Stand when a goals been scored :lol: (kiddin)

Been in the lower Stretford End before and a steward came round telling everyone to sit. But up in the 2nd tier of the Stretford End, everyone stands and the stewards don't bother saying anything. That's why it's such a cracking atmosphere up there.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
For those - and you know who you are - who poured scorn on Spurs' stadium-design strategy aimed at encouraging fans to come early and stay late, this report says that we've taken in £800k per match so far from food and drink sales.

This apparently contrasts (for example) with Man. City getting £150k per match from food and drink sales.

https://www.spurs-web.com/spurs-new...-making-on-food-and-drink-at-the-new-stadium/

£800k x 19 homes games, plus home games in the CL, domestic cups and pre-season friendlies, plus NFL games and the other non-Spurs sporting and entertainment events that the new stadium will host ... all adds up to a nice bit of extra annual income for the club compared to our old stadium.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
For those - and you know who you are - who poured scorn on Spurs' stadium-design strategy aimed at encouraging fans to come early and stay late, this report says that we've taken in £800k per match so far from food and drink sales.

This apparently contrasts (for example) with Man. City getting £150k per match from food and drink sales.

https://www.spurs-web.com/spurs-new...-making-on-food-and-drink-at-the-new-stadium/

£800k x 19 homes games, plus home games in the CL, domestic cups and pre-season friendlies, plus NFL games and the other non-Spurs sporting and entertainment events that the new stadium will host ... all adds up to a nice bit of extra annual income for the club compared to our old stadium.
Do you really think anyone gives a feck? I know what you'll say all this extra money means higher probability that Spurs will sign the next Messi and that elusive trophy will follow followed by years of domination but seriously until any of that happens just shut the feck up about it

That's about 13 quid per punter. Surely that's fairly standard fair in stadiums considering the price of a crap pint in there?

Bit of weird scientific research there in which no other club than City is mentioned, a club that have a much lower average attendance than Spurs who are no doubt still reaping the benefits of that "new stadium high".

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Do you really think anyone gives a feck? I know what you'll say all this extra money means higher probability that Spurs will sign the next Messi and that elusive trophy will follow followed by years of domination but seriously until any of that happens just shut the feck up about it
I posted some relevant info in a thread dedicated to the subject.

Whereas you posted nothing of relevance, but bothered to do so despite claiming not to give a feck about the subject.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
That's about 13 quid per punter. Surely that's fairly standard fair in stadiums considering the price of a crap pint in there?

Bit of weird scientific research there in which no other club than City is mentioned, a club that have a much lower average attendance than Spurs who are no doubt still reaping the benefits of that "new stadium high".
I've no idea. If you or anyone else has info. about takings from food and drink sales at other Prem stadiums then I'd be interested to see it.

I posted a relevant observation in a thread dedicated to the subject.

Whereas you posted nothing of relevance, but bothered to do so despite claiming not to give a feck about the subject.
Something important that you missed.... £800,000 in revenue. How much of that is profit? What is the report? Who compiled it? where is the rest of the report? where is the breakdown in costs, expenditure, wages etc? Where are the other Premier League teams on this report in comparison?

The Man City comment makes no sense either @GlastonSpur, it says elsewhere Premier League leaders Manchester City admit they do well to bring in £150,000 a game from hospitality at the Etihad.

What do they mean by hospitality? Just food and drink and is it revenue or profit? because if it's revenue then I'm calling bollocks, even with 49000 fans that's just £3 per fan.

Until we see it in black & white, it's sadly pie in the sky nonsense, leaked by Spurs to try and look good.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Something important that you missed.... £800,000 in revenue. How much of that is profit? What is the report, where is the rest of the report, where is the breakdown in costs etc?

It's pie in the sky nonsense, leaked by Spurs to try and look good.
True, it's obviously not all profit. But it shows, as I suggested, that the stadium-design strategy appears to be working despite claims by some posters that it wouldn't.

True, it's obviously not all profit. But it shows, as I suggested, that the stadium-design strategy appears to be working despite claims by some posters that it wouldn't.
Does it though? Until we see the details of this "report" that hasn't been published anywhere, we have no idea.

As I say, the figures for City for example simply do not add up.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

That's really not that impressive.

Man United average around £2.5 million through matchday revenue alone. Barca and Real make around £4 million.

And your stats for City are laughably false.

noodlehair

"It's like..."

I'm sure the City owners will be crying into their oversized 24 carat gold teacups

That's really not that impressive.

Man United average around £2.5 million through matchday revenue alone. Barca and Real make around £4 million.

And your stats for City are laughably false.
Spurs make more than £800,000 in matchday revenue though (as matchday revenue includes ticket sales), the £800,000 figure is allegedly just for food and drink.

That said, the City figure makes zero sense. As there is no actual report we can't really say anything more and adding in Man City with a fake misleading stat and claiming food and drink alone could "pay Harry Kane's salary" whilst ignoring that 800k /week is not profit, it's revenue is also disingenuous.

Basically it's an article printed to try and make Spurs and their stadium look as good and as impressive as possible.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
I'm sure the City owners will be crying into their oversized 24 carat gold teacups
Well, Spurs are not a sugar-daddy club. We stand on our own two feet. So we do what we can to slightly lessen the unfair financial advantage that City have. But in any case, the City figures in the report were just one example.